Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Wait, is there a goon alliance with a decent amount of people? I got invited to and joined one yesterday and they seem nice enough, but this community steers so hard into weebo territory the chat can get uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ouhei posted:

Wait, is there a goon alliance with a decent amount of people? I got invited to and joined one yesterday and they seem nice enough, but this community steers so hard into weebo territory the chat can get uncomfortable.

Yes! There is indeed a goon alliance with a decent amount of people. Nol Vacancy is the name, it's not searchable by visiphone, you need to contact someone in the Nol Vacancy discord to get an invite.

However, the alliance is on Ship 2, so folks on Ship 1 or 3 are sadly out of luck on that, but you can still join the Discord and talk PSO2 stuff with goons.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 20, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Gotta min/max that weekly AP. Besides it like 10-13 of us active. Might as well do what we set out to do from the very beginning.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Yes! There is indeed a goon alliance with a decent amount of people. Nol Vacancy is the name, it's not searchable by visiphone, you need to contact someone in the Nol Vacancy discord to get an invite.

However, the alliance is on Ship 2, so folks on Ship 1 or 3 are sadly out of luck on that, but you can still join the Discord and talk PSO2 stuff with goons.

I got in last night, luckily I chose ship 2 based on some other resource.

I'm very confused by damage in this game. I'm now a 84/75 Fo/Te w/ a Nemesis +30 and Stella Wall +10 (3) and from what I've been able to find my build and equipment is having me do pretty good damage (Gizonde hits for 40k-90k depending on buffs/weakness and crit spots, Ilgrants does 50k-120k per). But I see some videos and can see in game where people are flying around doing that kind of damage much faster than I am since techs need to charge, it's especially noticeable with certain bosses that go into a "hit my weakpoint for a few seconds" mode where I can get maybe 2-3 spells off but people are just going ham.

Example: This person created a Hero guide and in the gif where they're showing Rising Slash spam the numbers are just crazy 33-75k per hit and it's hitting a lot of spots quickly. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ju5hZ8h5jj9tn6x5sITLfb07o6mfFvt_lp7b4DSb838/edit I don't feel like digging up a bunch of other examples, but this one made me really think about it. Am I missing something? I'm following guides best I can understand at the moment, I know my equipment could be better but I think it's fairly solid. Is Fo/Te just a little slower than other classes?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Ouhei posted:

Example: This person created a Hero guide and in the gif where they're showing Rising Slash spam the numbers are just crazy 33-75k per hit and it's hitting a lot of spots quickly. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ju5hZ8h5jj9tn6x5sITLfb07o6mfFvt_lp7b4DSb838/edit I don't feel like digging up a bunch of other examples, but this one made me really think about it. Am I missing something? I'm following guides best I can understand at the moment, I know my equipment could be better but I think it's fairly solid. Is Fo/Te just a little slower than other classes?

I think most of it is that those guides are written by people who are playing on the JP servers, where the level cap and available gear rarities are higher, so those numbers are the product of Lv.95 cap and 15⭐ weapons

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Chairman posted:

15⭐ weapons

:allears:

I really like the forest but holy balls some of the random boss fights. There are some beefy things in that forest.

And the random other people running through are no help :argh:

Gonna start joining up into parties to do SH/XH runs. I can solo VH pretty well except the real nasty fights, but anything above that I am gonna need more than the AI helpers on.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

:allears:

I really like the forest but holy balls some of the random boss fights. There are some beefy things in that forest.

And the random other people running through are no help :argh:

Gonna start joining up into parties to do SH/XH runs. I can solo VH pretty well except the real nasty fights, but anything above that I am gonna need more than the AI helpers on.

I just always join a group that has 2-3 people in it and the train tends to run pretty smooth.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I forgot how miserable Buster Quests without Speed Pads is.

Buster Quest Tip: Don't use the Attack Set.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

I forgot how miserable Buster Quests without Speed Pads is.

Buster Quest Tip: Don't use the Attack Set.

The new UQ is the only time I've played buster without them and good god they are terrible. We also failed for the first time I've ever seen. Not a fan.

Also, I found out we do indeed have ALL of the compound techs in global and unlocked the charge versions yesterday. They are pretty great and are enough that I'm just going to stick with Force as my main class, the ice/light one is a great way to unload a lot of damage on bosses which addresses one of the main odd points I was having with Force.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The [Double] Buster UQ is even worse, so look forward to that.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

That one has dash pads tho. It's just got harder spawn patterns cause the layout is different and enemies can spawn on all sides

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Is it just me or do Castrum Demonica: Misil Gassdo's (the boss at the end of the Bewitched Woods) hitboxes suck? Like there are times when I should have a clear shot at his wrists during the first phase, and the shots don't land. I feel like his hands have extra-large hitboxes, or something and my shots are getting blocked. Specifically it seems to happen a lot when he lays an arm down on the field, and I can get a clear line of sight to the wrist weak point, but my shots don't land unless I run a little ways out and shoot them from a different angle. Likewise if his arm is down and I try to double jump and attack it from the top, where there is plenty of the weak point exposed, the shots don't land.

The last phase too, when you are attacking the, uh, head, I feel like maybe the hitboxes for the weak points only activate once you get up close to it for the first time? I keep trying to hit it with blight rounds when I first get to the top, and they just *ping ping* and don't hit anything.

I saw something similar with Deus Esca too, like in his later phases when he leans onto the arena and exposes his weak point, his armpit likes to absorb shots when I have line of sight to the weak point. :v:

(or I'm just bad at the game, which is true regardless)

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Deus' armpit hitbox is lower than you think. A Bouncer will slam into his arm with Strike Gust trying to get to his core, but a Braver can Mistreaver right under.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

That one has dash pads tho. It's just got harder spawn patterns cause the layout is different and enemies can spawn on all sides

Dash pads don't fix the general MPA idiocy, or the supremely annoying nature of Dorumble or toy falspawn.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kirbysuperstar posted:

Dash pads don't fix the general MPA idiocy, or the supremely annoying nature of Dorumble or toy falspawn.

god I loving hate the toy falspawn

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

god I loving hate the toy falspawn

I'm torn between houses and resta golems being the literal worst enemy in the game lol

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Houses with two failures already on them.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Houses at least are easy when they have a core on their roof. Golems are a slog no matter what.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I started playing this game thinking I wouldn't really care much about the fashion aspect

and now my robot has so many wings and I look forward to the mission pass stuff so much it's pathetic lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

I started playing this game thinking I wouldn't really care much about the fashion aspect

and now my robot has so many wings and I look forward to the mission pass stuff so much it's pathetic lol

Robots are not immune to fashion, we just get sucked into trying to mix and max the different parts.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Code Jockey posted:

Every week I am heartbroken that the tuna mascot costume scratch isn't out. The fashion game is the true game in PSO2.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

hit button posted:

For mag food I use the 300 meseta furniture from the furniture vendor. It's a bit more expensive than monomates, but they stack to 99 so its a lot more convenient.

This was pure gold and I thank you for mentioning it. Having a stack of 99 furniture has definitely reduced the amount of trips I have to make to restock, which is really helpful when chaining UQs.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

MR. J posted:

Houses at least are easy when they have a core on their roof. Golems are a slog no matter what.

Yeah golems are just a massive HP soak with a weak point that's annoying to hit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nemo2342 posted:

Robots are not immune to fashion, we just get sucked into trying to mix and max the different parts.

We're never going to get the Virtual On CAST stuff in NA, are we? :sigh:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I don't see why it wouldn't eventually show up, it's not like it's a licensing problem.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Stanos posted:

I don't see why it wouldn't eventually show up, it's not like it's a licensing problem.

I mean they did friggin' Sakura Wars, and that's not exactly high profile here. But then we didn't get the Virtual On/A Certain Magical Index game here now did we?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

there's exactly one accessory I'm waiting for every week

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1133818462768422912

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fawf posted:

there's exactly one accessory I'm waiting for every week

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1133818462768422912

the catgirl is killing me lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

the nier automata crossover content is accurate, I'll give it that

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Stupid sexy rappy...

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm really hoping that, down the road, NA gets to run into some of the other characters we've kinda skipped over.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Wooo just had my first ??? teleporter show up after a mission, I was doing a SH Tundra Region Survey. I figured it'd be easy, it's just the tundra and it's not even like I have to fight any bosses, so I can solo this easily on SH, right?

At the other end of that portal, a pair of fancy blue Tranmizers taught me how wrong I was :v:

One half-scape doll and a lot of swearing later and... well, no 13* drops, but it was definitely a character building experience.

e. The drops were actually kind of funny, I got at least 20 Decisive Sweep discs and a bunch of high level Zondeels, the game really really wants me to know lv.10 Decisive Sweep lol

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 26, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I didn't know until last week that they added a Parallel World for toy falspawn.

It was two Kodotta Idettas and a bunch of houses and thus loving terrile.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Houses are everything I hate about Toy Falspawn distilled: lovely gimmicks and super armor.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gearhead posted:

Houses are everything I hate about Toy Falspawn distilled: lovely gimmicks and super armor.

I really hate when I get a Trick or Treat run that's got the wave of toys including a house around the middle of it. I did last time, it's just such a loving drag.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Gemini spawns in tot are my bane because they guarantee I won't get a 5th run in. It's already dicey with randoms sometimes, the delay with dealing with houses and gemini taking up time dying seals it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Speaking of ToT runs, did a series of three back to back with a group and this dropped

I am happy about this. I just got an Ivlida Gender bow off my collection sheets I've been grinding up to replace my Fornis Esvea, but uh, I think I'm gonna go with this guy instead.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

Speaking of ToT runs, did a series of three back to back with a group and this dropped

I am happy about this. I just got an Ivlida Gender bow off my collection sheets I've been grinding up to replace my Fornis Esvea, but uh, I think I'm gonna go with this guy instead.

My only warning with that weapon would be that it's a very dangerous weapon to use. The potential on the weapon becomes ineffective if you take any damage at all, and takes 3 minutes to reset.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Saagonsa posted:

My only warning with that weapon would be that it's a very dangerous weapon to use. It to potential on the weapon becomes ineffective if you take any damage at all, and takes 3 minutes to reset.

Oof. Thanks for that, I missed that detail. :v: