Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the xbex looks ugly as hell on its side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It looks like it tripped

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Akuma posted:

Yeah my One is basically a Game Pass machine for my kids (like the Series S will be) and there's some good stuff on there but some more variety would be good.

I just realized that this is one of the benefits of adding EA to GamePass. They've got Peggle and Plants vs Zombies and whatnot in there.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zerot posted:

There are a few standout quotes from the article, such as Microsoft is looking toward more "E-rated content" in the future:

Good, that's always been a sore spot for non-Nintendo platforms. Sony has more titles that fit this profile but not by much. They should also make their "big" shows that aren't for a specific M-rated product more kid-friendly to watch (they can still have M-rated games featured in them, just cut a green band trailer for them).

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

There's a few good kid safe games from the 360 days that are playable through BC like the aforementioned Peggle and plants vs zombies, kingdom for Kelflings, various flavours of PacMan (my daughter got very into CE DX for a while) and other stuff I don't remember right now. I always have a much easier time finding something to play with them on the Xbox than the PS4 thanks to that stuff.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
In that new dashboard video they show the Games screen and there's a submenu called Full Library. Hopefully that will actually show your entire purchase history. Not too long ago I hooked up a 360 and it was bizarre realizing there was no such list, so I had to manually sift through the entire store to see if I already bought certain games or weird standalone items like Dead Rising 2 Case Zero.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

In that new dashboard video they show the Games screen and there's a submenu called Full Library. Hopefully that will actually show your entire purchase history. Not too long ago I hooked up a 360 and it was bizarre realizing there was no such list, so I had to manually sift through the entire store to see if I already bought certain games or weird standalone items like Dead Rising 2 Case Zero.

It does! That update hit a few months ago on Xbox One (I think. I'm in the dashboard testing program.). It has separate lists for all games, purchased games, Game Pass games, Games with Gold, and EA Play games. It was great to see those lists, but it was not pleasant seeing how many games I have purchased.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Having been on the PS4 after the xbox 360, I can't wait to play the Fable games again. At least the first 2. I'm very curious about how the upcoming one will be like.

Oh, and also other games, I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fable 2 is the only one i played and the less like that pile they make the new one, the better

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Fable 2 is the only one i played and the less like that pile they make the new one, the better
Wasn't that the most highly regarded of the trilogy?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fable 1:The Lost Chapters on PC was legitimately a classic RPG. The 2nd one sucked poo poo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I really like 1 and 2. The third one was the pile of poo poo.

vv Ha, I liked the prison part a lot. Have played the game a dozen times or so.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 26, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In 2, every combat is trivialized by spamming aoe moves and the story stops dead in its tracks for a prison sequence that is so boring and long i felt like i was in the prison.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

In 2, every combat is trivialized by spamming aoe moves and the story stops dead in its tracks for a prison sequence that is so boring and long i felt like i was in the prison.
This may sound like sarcasm but I'm genuinely pretty in awe of the breadth of your gaming experiences and memory. Like you always seem to have a specific criticism or point of praise of virtually every game. It's impressive.

I can barely remember poo poo about the games I played back in that era.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Akuma posted:

This may sound like sarcasm but I'm genuinely pretty in awe of the breadth of your gaming experiences and memory. Like you always seem to have a specific criticism or point of praise of virtually every game. It's impressive.

I can barely remember poo poo about the games I played back in that era.

he is to game criticism what univbee is to like every obscure question about compatibility and platform differences

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its cause im such an annoying poster. Memory is aided by writing on the topic.
I also only got to it around 2014 or 2015 so its not too too long ago

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

UI video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqi0NtRLQxY

Drink every time he says yeah, for sure.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gotta say I'm a big fan of the new UI, even using it on the One S.
The PS4 one just gets worse and worse with each update.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

UI video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqi0NtRLQxY

Drink every time he says yeah, for sure.

'This isn't scripted, honest'

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Y'all have zero excuses.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1320879387395280897

Soma is incredible.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

theres Scorn gameplay out there and it looks real bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is that the wall dick game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yah its the shooter where it takes like 20 seconds to reload your penis squid to shoot at more vagina scorpions

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Oh to be young again.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its all stuff that is kinda cool artistically at world building but also just slows down the gameplay to essentially a walking simulator because everything from reloading to changing weapons to opening doors takes a 5 second animation of ~gross noises~

visually its kind of impressive but i didnt see anything that makes me think i would enjoy playing the game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Scorn screams art game. Its too plodding to be actiony and its too actiony to be a horror streamer hit.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A light lol at EA for doing a sale two weeks before they put their stuff on gamepass.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

New XBox Game Pass games:

Carto (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 27
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29
Five Nights at Freddy’s (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 29
Full Throttle Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29
Grim Fandango Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (Android) ID@Xbox – October 29
ScourgeBringer (Android) ID@Xbox – October 29
Unruly Heroes (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 29
Celeste (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
Comanche (PC) – November 5
Deep Rock Galactic (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
Eastshade (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
Knights and Bikes (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
Ark: Survival Evolved: Explorer’s Edition (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 17

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wasn't celeste already on gamepass?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Wasn't celeste already on gamepass?

It was apparently a Games with Gold title at some point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, I got it through Games with Gold. It was worth playing but I can only imagine the hair yanking frustration of trying to do it via streaming

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

What are the Five Night at Freddys games like? Horror games for kids?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom says no rays will be traced on series s dmc

The Grey posted:

What are the Five Night at Freddys games like? Horror games for kids?

they are management puzzle games. you have to watch cctv cameras and juggle lights/doors etc to survive the night without letting any of the monsters get close to the control room. later games add in weirder other poo poo and mini games.
they are like jumpscares + spinning plates and very last decade youtube algorithm fodder

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Barudak posted:

Scorn screams art game. Its too plodding to be actiony and its too actiony to be a horror streamer hit.

Where was the action exactly because I watched the whole thing and he shot 2 very boring looking monsters and ignored two others.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laserface posted:

Where was the action exactly because I watched the whole thing and he shot 2 very boring looking monsters and ignored two others.

Thats the action, its just not good at all.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Their previous game was a thinly veiled reason to model genitalia, so at least they're putting a bit more effort into this one.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Btw if you have an Xbox but not a PS4 and Switch but have nostalgia for Star Wars Episode 1: Racer, it's out today on Xbox One.

My team worked very hard on it! I did gently caress all, but they worked hard.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Barudak posted:

this - is a niche game

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Akuma posted:

Btw if you have an Xbox but not a PS4 and Switch but have nostalgia for Star Wars Episode 1: Racer, it's out today on Xbox One.

My team worked very hard on it! I did gently caress all, but they worked hard.

It’s my most played game on Switch of the last however many (5?) months. ‘Twas one of my absolute favorite games on N64. I wish Disney would commission a properly modern sequel/reboot tbh. Easily on par with Rogue Squadron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1321059690235777024/photo/1