Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
13.5 is cold. At my place when the boiler was broke we were getting down to 12 degrees and you could see your breathe inside.

Off to near Wales on Tuesday to see a place my brother is looking to buy. poo poo thatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I think conventionally you're supposed to use reeds or straw

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, you don't start seeing your breath until well below 10. I did that one winter when I was extremely poor and living in an uninsulated victorian-built shop flat. The kind of cold that makes your olive oil solidify and your freezer defrost because the fridge isn't having to do enough cooling to run the shared pump effectively.

I don't recommend it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Salisbury Snape posted:

Even now while it's starting to chill down I can't sleep with a blanket or duvet.
My house might be a cheap lovely 'affordable' newbuild, but it holds the heat pretty drat well. Average temp in my house is around 26°

So your username is wrong? It should be Salisbury Snake?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

goatface posted:

Nah, you don't start seeing your breath until well below 10. I did that one winter when I was extremely poor and living in an uninsulated victorian-built shop flat. The kind of cold that makes your olive oil solidify and your freezer defrost because the fridge isn't having to do enough cooling to run the shared pump effectively.

I don't recommend it.

Maybe the thermostat was in a warmer bit of the house or I just have better, more visible breath than you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Possibly the humidity.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

higher ammonia content

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

poot

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its really surprising the heat passes through the coat so easily like that. Also she seems to have like a coolbox handbag or a slab of ice in there or something, Im colourblind I dunno how this works.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's an EM sealed top secret messenger bag and you're in big trouble, buddy

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

worst place i ever lived was in an old hotel that had been converted into flats, it was a ground floor flat that had massive single-glazed sash windows that couldn't be replaced as it was a listed building. the flat also didn't have gas running to it or central heating so i all i had to heat the place was a couple of lovely electric radiators (plus the electric oven hobs which i turned on when it got really cold), which cost a fortune to run and did very little to actually warm the place up. i could pretty much always see my breath through winter and i had to wait until my lease ran out in february before i could move out. utterly miserable experience all round.

oh no computer fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 26, 2020

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Yeah I lived in a house that was built in 1740 for a bit. Listed building so no hope of any heating better than the space heater in the bedroom. Also absolutely loving tiny, also no front or back yard so I had to put my rubbish in those bags the council provide and keep it in the living room. Grim. Cheap to rent by Oxfordshire standards, tho.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hello

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

NotJustANumber99 posted:

its really surprising the heat passes through the coat so easily like that. Also she seems to have like a coolbox handbag or a slab of ice in there or something, Im colourblind I dunno how this works.

farts make pretty billowy clouds on thermal cameras.

the handbag is just shiny and maybe metallic which in the thermal infrared just reflects the environment.

if you have a fever and want to dodge a thermal camera just cover yourself in chrome paint, super fool proof scam

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol if youre using your phone as your car keys it'll let you put the phone down on the car roof, get in and drive off and not mention that the phone has fallen off until miles later at your destination.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

is there any way an adult could help you sew it to one of your mittens

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its a bit late now

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hi

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

there's 2 girls in town who dress up as walugi and luigi and play switch games together in Pret. it's dorky as hell but they seem to be having a great time together.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I do the same but with my Gamecube, old TV and a generator (as they don't have customer sockets)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My friend took a photo of someone in an airport with that exact setup (ok, maybe not the generator) playing Smash Bros like... a year or so ago? Maybe just before the Switch version came out, but still no excuses.

E: found it. Dorks.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 26, 2020

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
No lag on that CRT :hmmyes:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

sinky posted:

No lag on that CRT :hmmyes:

No lag, nice warm image, scanlines, pleasing degauss noise when you fire it up, virtually indestructible screen vs today's wussy-rear end easily bent poo poo.

CRT OP

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Hello my name is Ratty, I'm thirty-*mumbles* years old and I just bought ten packets of the Also vegan 'pork' sausage rolls.

I have a problem.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Big ones were heavy as poo poo though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

My friend took a photo of someone in an airport with that exact setup (ok, maybe not the generator) playing Smash Bros like... a year or so ago? Maybe just before the Switch version came out, but still no excuses.

This is art.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Ratjaculation posted:

Hello my name is Ratty, I'm thirty-*mumbles* years old and I just bought ten packets of the Also vegan 'pork' sausage rolls.

I have a problem.

Yeah you do. should have bought 20

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

there's 2 girls in town who dress up as walugi and luigi and play switch games together in Pret. it's dorky as hell but they seem to be having a great time together.

is it melanie and mawteenuh off funhouse?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm putting on weight again: there's nothing to look forward to except meals and drinks these days.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Wait, the special NASA Moon news is... that there's frozen water on it? I thought we knew that already.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

aeiou

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

oh no computer posted:

worst place i ever lived was in an old hotel that had been converted into flats, it was a ground floor flat that had massive single-glazed sash windows that couldn't be replaced as it was a listed building. the flat also didn't have gas running to it or central heating so i all i had to heat the place was a couple of lovely electric radiators (plus the electric oven hobs which i turned on when it got really cold), which cost a fortune to run and did very little to actually warm the place up. i could pretty much always see my breath through winter and i had to wait until my lease ran out in february before i could move out. utterly miserable experience all round.

As a student I lived in an deathtrap victorian era apartment in Aberdeen; the coldest place on the planet. The electric heaters didn't even touch the cold in there, and the huge, ancient gas boiler was hosed and continually emergency vented steam. Turning on the hot water taps produced a spluttering mix of water and steam. My room had a sink in it, so I rigged up a very long length of copper tubing connected to the hot tap and basically created a steam heating system for the room. Worked an absolute treat (and was free). Only place I've ever lived where the landlord had a bodyguard with him at all times, fun times. Many years later I caught a news report about hookers/people trafficking and they were plying their trade from my old room so I guess it's a whorehouse now?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Probably on their way to a tournament. Gotta get all the practice they can if they want to beat whoever is the current best at smash (and not banned from the scene).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Who's the champ will be a tossup between the person with the worst personal hygine and the person the audiance is physicaly abusing for daring to play the game to win as opposed to doing 20xx poo poo.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

cynic posted:

Only place I've ever lived where the landlord had a bodyguard with him at all times, fun times. Many years later I caught a news report about hookers/people trafficking and they were plying their trade from my old room so I guess it's a whorehouse now?

Sounds like it might still be the same landlord then?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Phew

https://twitter.com/UKWoolworths/status/1321013841384349696?s=20

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Oh good my favourite brand name is back!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in pog form!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
When are pogs coming back? In pog form or otherwise