Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

- Hello there, it has been a while hasn't it.

- For those new here, I'm Skett, nice to meet you.

- I hope you are all doing well. I know, I know, it is getting late, don't worry, I have some sandwiches over there once we've got the introductions out of the way.

- So, I hear this is the first time out on the field for some of you kids.

- Don't worry, we'll have you up to speed in no time! Nothing you've missed, really. We're doing a tour of the grounds today, if time permits.

- I know, they made you sign a waiver. But that's just an old formality. Its nothing like it says out here, I promise. You'll be perfectly safe.

- You've made the right choice in picking this sport.

- Siegeball.

- You aren't going to let those goofs beat you, are you?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Should a new player find their way here, have a little explanation.

This game is a spinoff from DogKisser's Break Down That Gate, which is worth a read. This follows the story of that game, but even if you haven't read it you are free to join in, should the idea of calvinball with heavy hardware appeal to you. The thread should be followable even if you don't know the original, especially since you are playing characters that hardly saw any of it.

Like BDtG, this is a multiplayer game. Each participant has their own character on the Siegeball team. Recruitment is open for now.

For the style of the game, know that it is largely a place to write about goofy sieging gambits of red and blue goblins, but with a certain amount of game mechanics and other stuff thrown in............

:cheersbird:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

It has been years since the Last War, but not that long of a time, really. Not that you were old enough to really understand what was going on back then, but apparently things were different? Less... hopeful? Whatever. That was then, and now is SASGY.

Ah, the Stårn Academy for Siege-Gifted Youngsters. The finest place in all the kingdom of Tö for one to study applied sciences.Don't listen to the people talking up the Royal Academy and TARTE, they are just jealous. Here the words of the wise fill you with an understanding of architectural engineering. Hands on experiments on cutting edge medical theory! And out on the field experts demonstrate the physics of motion. The physics of motion will be demonstrated repeatedly.
Your invitation to join this place was delivered by a catapult, and things ramped up from there.

Ah, Siegeball. The finest way to spend a day - or two. Where athletics and engineering come together to make sure that you Score That Goal. Together with your friends you get the eponymous ball into the goal in the fort the opposing team has built, and prevent them from doing the same to you.
A specialty born in this very institution, gaining infamy far and wide.

You play Siegeball, for it is the embodiment of the ideals you stand for.

Or possibly for the course credit.

---

- You all here? Arright.

The locker room is dim and humid. The reddish lamp makes the wood paneling look quite worn down, but homely.

- This is it, the first game of the tourney. Hope you're ready. I figure I've shown you the ropes by now.

- You're playing against the Flights of Fancy. Another SASGY team. Skett's lot. No need for a briefing I guess.

- The field is all prepped up, you just go out there, do your thing and win. I got your back.

Your coach, Hardsy, raises his disheveled face from the folder he is holding. He flips it around, revealing it to be empty.

- And I, uh- dropped the folder on the floor. The stuff you are standing on are your player registration papers. Help me put them back together, quick! The game is starting!

----

It is go time! Your first big match! Pick your id so you can get going.

Face:

Which one is yours?

Feel free to ask for adjustments. The people doing these sketches often get things wrong. Wouldn't want your papers to be inaccurate.

Name:
Please have one.

blue / Frö? red
For census purposes.

Background:
You are a Siege Gifted Youngster studying at SASGY. From a generation that did not fight in the Last War. Feel free to give more details, but there will also be opportunities later.

In addition to that, remind your dear coach about your

Aptitude:
Aptitude - a particular skill of yours. Something you are good at. Myriad of possibilites, but no magic.

Aptitude Focus:
Just one more detail! Your aptitude can be pretty much anything, but in the context of Siegeball, would you describe it as...

a) Offensive - More helpful for attacking the opponent's fort.
b) Defensive - More helpful for defending your fort.

Enough paperwork!

Put on your armor and your backpack. Get on the field, finish up your fort... and take the ball!

Here it is. For your first post, give your player information, and then, start the game. Whether by bolstering your own fort, or by rushing in to the middle of the field take control of the ball in it's cart, it all makes a difference, so go and-

Roll 1d100 for the First Scuffle!!!

Jvie fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 28, 2020

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Players:

-~X~-

PLAYER DECKS:

1 Trinique

2 Grön

3 Winnie

4 Soup

5 Spoon

6 Snööd

7 Rik

8 Brûh

9 Shumpsy

10 Hörg

11 Änna

12 Wörm

13 Bömba

14 Yväs

15 Zöd

16 Spläg

17 Yelda

18 Tangö

19 Vad

Jvie fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 12, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Fanart posted:

Weregoat
Snööd Begins, Cleanroom

Arcanuse
Bucket Thunk

Lux Animus
Cool Stuff, Fort Snoot

AJ_Impy
Reminisce

Swedish Thaumocracy
You've activated my trap lever, Tüb

Dog Kisser
Do you mind, fuckre?

Poltergrift
Intense Trust

Team Archive posted:

Swedish Thaumocracy
Plan: Hole in One

Arcanuse
Trenches, Fröjan Orb

TheNabster
Cooking Begins

super sweet best pal
good plan

Poltergrift
Go And Confuse

AJ_Impy
The Plan, Plan Siege Airship, Bad News

WereGoat
Dirt Resource, Sharp Edges, Burning Battering Slinker

Astus
Mount Donkey Kong

The Lord of Hats
Ball Slide BALL SLIDE, Horrifying

Theantero
Tag Urself, Tag Ur Tower

paper bag with a face
Nice

Cloud Potato
Dazzle Bedazzle, Mirror Ride

Lux Animus
Fort Lava, Lava Lava Siegeland, Ballpitista

sheep-dodger
Coach Hardsy's Tunneling Circus, Amazing Galtön Box

Slaan
The Creed - The Goal, Scathing Sieging

dmboogie
None at all

Jvie fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 18, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Face: F4
Name: Trinique
Color: Tö / Teal
Aptitude: Stealing
Aptitude Focus: Offensive

Background: Trinique was born to a pair of war heroes shortly after the Last War between Tö and Frö finally concluded, and peace between the peöple was forged. Trinique's papa was a blacksmith and her mama was a big and important general or something - like, she is literally bigger than most normal Tö. As a younglet running around the courts, Trinique had always had sticky fingers, both in the sense that her hands were always covered in stickum and that she had an aptitude for stealing and concealing others' possessions while no one was looking. This got her in a lot of trouble in her adolescent years when she brushed her hand against the Queen's crown, which is part of the reason why her parents had her signed up at the Stårn Academy for Siege-Gifted Youngsters, or SASGY for short. Trinique was simply too much trouble for the court's educators and tutors, and she needed an outlet for her mischief!

Trinique, of course, didn't know the full extent of how much trouble she had been in, and so instead she saw these new programs at SASGY as an opportunity to expand her sneaking and disarming skills.

With her team armor and her backpack on, the fire of potential blazing in her eyes, Trinique dashed towards her team's first objective: stealing the biggest, heaviest ball she'd ever seen.

Steal the Ball from the other team!: 1d100 23

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 25, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Name:Grön
[4E][Frö]
Background: "Probably from Frö. They, uh. Just showed up here one day. Doesn't talk much."
Aptitude: [Immovable] "This, uh. Grön fellow is really hard to move if he doesn't want to."
Aptitude focus: [A-Offensive] "Being able to not move in the face of adversity is mighty helpful, so long as you know just where to stand."

Grön looked on the field, and nodded. Maybe they could get the cart for the team, or perhaps the could start building fortifications early?
No, Grön would do what they do best: Get in the way.

Grön obstructs the enemy from reaching the cart!: 1d100 100

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 25, 2020

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Name: Winnie
Face: H2
Ö: Frö
Background: Things go wrong around Winnie. A lot. Not her fault, though. Definitely not her fault. Witnesses can attest to it not being her fault. She's very insistent about that. Her frazzled parents eventually bundled her off to SASGY, where at least they wouldn't be the ones that things would be going Wrong at.
Aptitude: Schemin'
Focus: Offensive

As the whistle blew, Winnie nonchalantly walked to the corner of the pitch, and dug up a (much too large) uniform in Flight of Fancy colors, donned it over her clothes, and strode confidently over to the opposing side. Clearly, there must have been a mistake with the organizing, she'd somehow wound up coming out of the wrong doors! But that was all in the past--there was a game to be played! And the most crucial part of good Siegeball defense was to make sure your gate was operating smoothly and efficiently. It needed testing--it would be absolutely catastrophic if it were to get stuck in the open position.

Sabotage Down That Gate: 1d100 7

Yep. This was a very solid gate alright. And the players who were very definitely her teammates were starting to give her some very Concerned looks. Downright suspicious even. Winnie flashed back her best innocent grin, and started backing away.

((Also, for people who haven't had alt-codes seared into their brain already: Alt+0214 is Ö, Alt+0246 is ö. This will be Useful.))

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 25, 2020

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B6
Name: Soup
Frö
Background: Middle son of a Töan father and Fröman mother, Soup got his mother's complexion and an Aptitude similar to his notoriously uncreative father's. Soup doesn't care much about his family's history, though apparently his aunt went crazy in the war and ran off into the wilderness.
Aptitude: Apathy
Focus: Defense

Soup stands around on the field looking at the ground: 1d100 7

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 25, 2020

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
D6
Name: Spoon

Aptitude: Cooking
Background: Cooking club had to be disbanded and banned due to the 'Baked Doughcastrophe' incident, I'm here to sports bake instead. Sports baking isn't a thing? It is now.
Focus: Defense, nothing hardens a defence quite like a good secret ingredient stew. What is the secret? Wouldn't you like to know.

Our first foray into offensive baking? Could be a little better. 1d100 = 17

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 25, 2020

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

F2
Name: Snööd
Frö
Aptitude: Greasing
Focus: Defence

"What, you were gonna charge in right away? Nah, you gotta prep first."

Snööd greases the ground around the fört!: 1d100 28

After oiling up the lead up to the fort about 4 Klörfs out, Snööd dips a comb into oil bucket, leans against a wall, and carefully runs it through their hair. Greasing wasn't just for seiging, after all.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 25, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Rik
Face: C4
Natiönality: 1d2 1 Töan
Aptitude: Polishing

Originally from Fostis, Rik loved nothing more than to polish and clean every surface he could find to a brilliant shine. When he heard that SAGSY had the biggest siege-machines, and made the biggest messes, he put his application in.

Rik gives the top of his head a quick buff in order to bounce the sunlight into his opponent's eyes!

Polishing head to blind opponents: 1d100 52

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Name: Brûh

Face: H4

Census: Fro

Aptitude: Protein shakes

Defensive attribute

Background:

Brûh was recruited as a child model for Frôman Red Slinker shakes given her rather jacked physique. The advertising campaign featuring her increased sales 200%! Years of company propaganda has made Brûh think her ability to bench "like 850, brös" comes down to the secret protein shake formula she developed in the Red Slinker labs and not natural athleticism.

To be fair though, drinking a shake does seem to improve the performance of herself and others...

Down a shake defense bros!: 1d100 31

Slaan fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 25, 2020

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Face: D1
Name: Shumpsy

Background: "I really want to take the skills I've been learning in the 'Traps with Absolutely No Puzzle Elements' program and apply them in a way that doesn't make my dormmate want to punch me!"
Aptitude: Traps
Focus: Defense

Let's see what we have in the ol' box of spare parts!

Shumpsy booby traps the team's fort!: 1d100 65

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Name: Hörg
Face: A2
Ö:
Background: Hörg really only had muscles, and tough bones. But even in tough bones, the Heart of Sieging may be found. That is to say, Hörg is only present because of his athletic scholarship.
Aptitude: Thuggery

Hörg cracked his neck. It was time to put his major in henchmenry to use.

Rush the ball and beat up any opponents there: 1d100 53

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

calling dibs on H5, will get in a proper application tomorrow morning

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Face: E1
Name: Wörm

Background: After a lifetime of being forgotten in any group setting and never being called out when he's in a waiting room for an appointment, Wörm decided to embrace his complete lack of presence and channel it into an aptitude for walking into places he really shouldn't be.
Aptitude: Stealth
Aptitude Focus: Offense

Getting involved in scuffles isn't really his scene so instead he'll:

Sneakily yet casually walk into the other team's fort to see what they've got going on over there.: 1d100 41

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 26, 2020

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Name: Bömba
Face: D2
Aptitude: Anger Management
Background: Bömba used to be a quiet kid. The sort that got picked on a lot by older, bigger and bluer children. One day while being pantsed in the streets an old, crippled soldier rescued him from his bullies. When the awed Bömba asked about how a practically limbless man could beat up so many people, the veteran had shrugged and told the youth that he'd just harnessed his inner emotions - usually disappointment at the world's inherent injustices - before continuing on his way.

Bömba discovered his aptitude that day after carefully summoning every bit of well-suppressed rage and anger from the depths of his being and then going to his bullies and using his much-improved and rather intense attitude to bring out all of their anger as well and take it home with him in a box to keep for later.

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Generate furious no-holds-barred intent to retrieve this here ball: 1d100 49

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Face: F3
Name: Yväs
Ö:
Background: Born and raised in the no-öans-land in between the major warring nations, Yväs was homeschooled for most of his life, until a travelling Skill-corer happened upon his families homestead and, amazed at the innovative trenches dug by someone so young and core-less, got in contact with some people at the SAGSY academy to write up a scholarship post-haste.
Aptitude: Dungeoneering
Aptitude Focus: Defensive

Yves took one look at the battlefield and sighed. No one had even put up any proper barricades yet. How were they going to trap the opponents if they had no chokepoints? Shaking his head at the ineptitude of his team, Yväs grabbed a combat-shovel and got to work.

Dungeoneering to make chokepoints: 1d100 63

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Face: G1
Name: Zöd
Aptitude: Sucker Punching (all opponents are suckers)
Aptitude Focus: Offensive

Zöd specifically applied to SASGY, despite growing up in Frö, because it's been her dream to become a pro Siegeball player. Partly because it looked like fun, partly because she's already taller and stronger than most her age so she figured she'd be good at it, but mostly because it's one of the few sports that explicitly isn't a "non-contact sport".

Wade into the opposing team and start punching faces: 1d100 78

Astus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 26, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Name: Spläg
Face: A1
Ö:
Aptitude: Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Background: A prodigy, the young Spläg wasn’t even alive during the last war. He has a strong penchant for being economical with the truth, and by that he certainly has the numbers to back up his falsehoods. He claims his parents are big shots in the administration, but would you believe him?

Misleading the opposition as to where the ball actually is: 1d100 8

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Name: Yelda
Face: F5
Nationality: Tö
Aptitude: Cheerleading
Focus: Offensive (Be aggressive! B-E aggressive!)
Background: Yelda's insecurities about her looks kept her for applying for the SASGY siegeball cheer team, despite her dedication to cheerleading and fascination with Tö's culture of war-chanting. She signed up for siegeball proper on the grounds that it was the closest she'd ever get to the squad.

"Two, four, six, eight! Earn your glory, speed your gait! Seven, five, three, one! Blood will spill before we're done!" Admittedly it was a little embarrassing to perform her Töan war recital on the field, instead of in the appropriate triply-reinforced Cheer Garrison, but Yelda couldn't help her enthusiasm. And it did make her feel better about her impending clash with the opposing team, especially after she got to the verse about powderizing their bones.

Go Team!: 1d100 72

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Face: E2
Name: Tangö
Color: Frö
Aptitude: Breaking

Background: Tangö had had a particularly unpleasant childhood. The third of four children, she'd somehow still never quite gotten the hang of playing with others. Oh, she'd want to, but when she did, things got broken. Toys, rules... arms. She'd swear up and down she didn't mean to each time, and even on close inspection it didn't look like she had. Things just broke around her. Well, there was a place for people like that! SASGY taught that breaking things was one of the many (many) hearts of sieging. Siegeball wasn't her first choice for extra curriculars, but she'd fallen through a damaged wall and landed in the middle of tryouts.

She was used to going with the flow by now.

Breaking Something Important: 1d100 11

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 26, 2020

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Update coming soonish, tomorrow at the latest.
To tide the time, have one more question.

You need to decide on the color of your uniforms! Hardsy ordered them grey, but he's got no taste.
A solid color or a simple pattern, whatever it be, you decide.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Color Voting

Navy and Silver
Black-Purple (eggplant?) and Gold trim
Dark Purple and Silver trim

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 26, 2020

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Black with Gold trim, maybe with a red or dark purple accent like a colored shoulderpad or chevron

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

paper bag with a face posted:

Black with Gold trim, maybe with a red or dark purple accent like a colored shoulderpad or chevron

Sure let's be baddies

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

:bandwagon:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Dark Purple and Silver as our royal colors

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Lux Animus posted:

Color Voting

Navy and Silver

I also vote for Dark Purple and Silver trim.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

I like this one.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Colours were suggested here and on the Discord (pester DogKisser if you're not already in), and I made some swatches.

Black & yellow

Black & gold

Dark purple & gold

Dark purple & silver

Eggplant & 50% grey

Neon pink & blue

Neon green & fuchsia

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

Color Voting

hell yeah

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lux Animus posted:

Color Voting

Navy and Silver

This!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Lux Animus posted:

Color Voting

Navy and Silver

Voting this!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

This.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Purple/Silver

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Face: H5
Name: Änna
Color: Tö
Aptitude: Tailoring

Änna is the youngest daughter in a long line of haberdashers, tailors and other assorted craftstöans, still, when the opportunity presented itself to attend SASGY on a Siegeball scholarship she jumped at it.

Last minute upgrades to the team's uniforms: 1d100 32

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Crisp morning air. Wind that whistles in your ears. The sounds of your team, furiously digging and hammering, to put everything they can into your fort in what time remains. It all echoes, in The Plains Of Foregoing. Out here the capital city is but a distant mirage. What looms over you is the audience stand, frankly more roburst than the forts that either of your junior teams have managed to put up for this showing.

They are watching you.

It is said that the first games were played in plain cloth. However, after enough contestants suffered catastrophic injuries SASGY was forced to invest in enchanted uniforms, which have since then become the standard. Now there haven't been casualties in years*!
The school has plenty of loaners in case you parents couldn't afford a set for you. Wear them with pride.

The horn bellows. Go. Go! Your coach screams: go!
Down from your barricades, across the gravelly Wasteland. Go for the ball!
Plenty of you do, dodging a haphazard hail of blunt arrows, and reaching the ball first!

- Geddit! Quick, get it moving towards their fort!

- Seize the Momentum!

But the ball is heavy. It might come with a cart, but the thing is crude. Moving it by muscle alone is a team effort, and the Flights of Fancy are already here to stop you.

Fear.

They call it a contact sport. Many a implement makes contact with armor, crashing loudly, or mystifyingly slipping around to avoid hitting any heads. Still, the brawl is fierce. You give them hell, but somehow the Flights of Fancy are beating you back?! Could this be that Power of Friendship that they swear by?
One by one you are forced further away from the Ball. All of you, but Grön. The gravel jumps around him, batons break upon him. He is immovable.

An amazing first roll from Grön. Something has happened.

Grön holds his ground, but eventually realizes that the reason that less blows are coming his way is that the Flights of Fancy have walked around him.

18d100 = 737 vs 18d100 = 1034
Defeat!

You have gotten your noses bloodied, maybe even literally. You are forced to fall back, lest you be pushed to the ground and get tagged for hours in the Penalty Zone, or worse, get captured.

- Heck!!!! Defenses! Defenses!!

The voice of Hardsy echoes in your head, bypassing your ears entirely.

- They've got it rolling! Do something before they run you over!! Do something!!!

---

- ...Geez, sorry 'bout that. Lost my temper.

The "voice" of your coach feels much calmer.

- All right, look. We've been forced into Defense. But look at your oppponent! They aren't used to having it hard, they can't keep this up forever. Weather their assault and the ball is yours.

- But... if they manage to score a goal in the process, well, then things aren't looking good for you! You want those Siege Points, trust me, and you want to have more than they do.

Yes you do. You want those Siege Points for your team.

You want that Accolade for yourself.

From now on every time you participate in a turn by making an in-character post you gain one point of Accolade.
Accolade represents experience, favor in the eyes of the judges and general good feelings about doing well.

Accolade has no direct effect on your play, not for now, but have patience. If you don't pile it up you'll be playing in junior leagues forever, and take nothing home from this tourney but a consolation prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

They call it a contact sport. But that's not the only thing they call it. They also call it a boring waiting around for hours sport. Callous words from audience members that do not understand what Siege is all about.
But there is a hint of truth to their heckling. It has taken a while for your team to get back on your feet. Patching up real scratches and sitting out game injuries in the Penalty Room. Throwing whatever junk you have on hand at the Flights of Fancy to slow them down as they roll the Ball across the bumpy, difficult terrain of the Waste. They are getting close. Close to the hill your fort lies on. Let them come. They might have made progress, but so have you. It is all coming back. The long days spent practising. The punishment that Hardsy put you through. And the punishment that the SASGY teachers put you through! Crawling in mud, building houses in a freezing thunderstorm, uphill both ways.

The fog of nervousness of your first match with real stakes fades away. You are pretty drat certain that you know how to play this game.

Looking at your situation with calm eyes, you figure out what kind of Opportunities lie available to you.

You draw your hand of cards.

01 - Trinique

Catch your opponent on an obscure rules violation, or simply steal the judges' attention and waste their time? Or maybe just jump out there and score some knockdowns.

02 - Grön

You've got the tools, you've got the knowhow. Hopefully. Think back on what happened earlier, before the game even? Did you study up on siege engine construction, or did you arrive here several hours ahead of time so you could rest and wait in peace?

03 - Winnie

They were not looking.

04 - Soup

Rules of physics, rules of sieging. You could probably figure out some solution if you feel like it.

05 - Spoon

That was then, now is now. Can you ever truly leave the Baked Doughcastrophe behind you? Can you push on, prove yourself to your team? Can you look your opponent in the eye and push them back
No. Matter. How. Hard. It. Hurts.

06 - Snööd

You remember the practice games. You know you can run a smooth operation. If only you could get all these slippery people in the right place...

07 - Rik

Think of the stones of your home town. Rough, dull. Doesn't it make you angry?

08 - Brûh

Take it to the max! TAKE IT TO THE MAX!
Wait, what's that? The niggling memory of your coach telling you not to get another hernia?

09 - Shumpsy

Surely those goofs know that they have to take the route you painstakingly prepared for them? Well, if they try to take a detour you could adjust accordingly.

10 - hörg

You remember the looks that Skett was giving you.

11 - Änna

Cut and join. Design, implement. When?

12 - Wörm

You've got a good idea of how the opposing team's stuff and strategy works. They were so awfully talkative.

13 - Bömba

Here's how the game is supposed to go.
And then... there's how it could go, if you so decide.

14 - Yväs

The chaos of this game is nothing new. Frankly in many ways its nicer out here than it was back at home, isn't it? Just do as you did back then.
Or, well, maybe you could instead keep enjoying not collapsing from exhaustion.

15 - Zöd

First Scuffle was fun. When's the next one?
Though, brawling did end in your side losing didn't it?

16 - Spläg

Engineering, social or otherwise. You've got this. Your first efforts might have been less than satisfactory but a dataset of one is not enough to make any conclusions about.

17 - Yelda

Be aggressive! B-E aggressive! Keep it up, keep it up!
No, no! Not that way! U-turn now! Yeah!

18 - Tangö

What's the last thing you broke? Hardly matters does it? It won't be hard to outdate that record.

---

Your hand size is 2.

--------

Here they come. Two problems raise their head.

A) Catapult [Diff:9] (Opponent SP)(Irksome)
The Flights of Fancy are wheeling in a huge catapult. A classic. That's got to be +1 Orthodox Siege for their team.
Its a real monster, big enough to launch the Ball up your hill, right into your Walls! That's going to cause enough damage to earn them a Siege Point. But for now they are still setting it up in the blasted Wasteland between the forts.

B) De-Hydration Saboutage [Diff:9] (Opponent SP)(Vexing)
As you asses the situation you start to notice something terrible. Your forward station water jugs have been stolen! Sieging is hard, long term work. Losing water supplies is a major blow, and this kind of underhandedness is just what the judges like to see. Catch the thieves? Try to get past your opponents to haul water from the brook? Whatever it takes, fix this!

That's what's up. To tackle this mess, pick one of the tasks above to focus on, and roll 1d100. Diff:9 means that your opposition will be rolling 9d100. Highest total wins.
Each of you may play one Opportunity card to help you. (Specify in roll description.) If you make use of the approach the card represents, you gain a bonus to your roll. Simple! But wait, what about these symbols and (+9)s?

Tasks can be either
Irksome
or
Vexing

Irksome problems call for Irksome solutions, same for Vexing.
Simply put, Opportunity cards with the same symbol as your task work better! If you have mismatching symbols, you get the plain bonus on the left. If you have matching symbols, you instead get the bigger bonus in the (parentheses)! One or other.

Feel free to play a card now. You draw back to your hand size at the beginning of each round. You can also discard cards freely. But note that your starting deck has 7 cards in it, and the match will last 6 rounds. Cards don't normally return from the discard pile during a match, you could run out.

What if you don't like some types of cards at all?
Well, you'll want that Accolade then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough for you to chew on? Of course not. You might have noticed that on that map up there, your own fort is looking awfully minimalistic. Time to fix that!

Decide on your Walls. Not walls. Walls.

What are Walls? Quite simply anything that is part of, or close to your Fort, and is supposed to help keep the opposing team out. Please tell me what they should be like.

- Submitting a Plan for your fortifications or other defenses gets you a point of Accolade.

- Submitting a picture also gets you one!

- Whether you submit something or not, please also cast a vote for someone else's idea.

I'll try to get a general focus for your Walls with a vote, but know that all ideas, not just the most voted ones, will go into The Folder.

Keep it to only Walls for now. Know that it is later that you'll decide on your Sanctum and offensive options...

In final notes, please keep track of the cards in your hand and your Accolade in your statline.