Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember hearing a few years back that there was a guy who used WebTV to browse the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BP faxes me the posts he wants to make once a day , that's why we get his big effort-posts, this colour ink isn't cheap

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every console web store has always been fine.

Just go to the loving search bar and type the game you want

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Every console web store has always been fine.

Just go to the loving search bar and type the game you want

Oh you sweet summer child.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I beat the first Spyro, once again proving that children are unfit for video games (I could not hit the final boss when I was a kid lol)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I browse the forums on my kindle, my screen is always on wise-guy :cool:

:eyepop:

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

PantsBandit posted:

Finished Mankind Divided. I can now join the fans pissed that this story will never conclude. gently caress you, Square Enix.

Any of the dlc worth checking out?

The consensus when we were chatting about it in the Cyberpunk2077 thread was a no unless you absolutely loved the gameplay of MD. They are unimportant side stories that take place before MD. I think you get a limited number of Praxis points to try to make your way through them. The prison infiltration one starts with all your augs disabled for most of it.

I really had no desire to do them after I completed MD. They don’t answer any story questions and I had my fill of the gameplay.

I’m planning on doing new Prey next (after I complete Echo in the next day or so).

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I recall Mankind Divided's prison DLC having one of the game's best "boss fights", which is a lot more like a Dishonoured level where the "boss" is the level and beating him just requires getting to him, rather than having a duel with a cyborg who eats rockets for breakfast

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
holy moly what the gently caress is this web store

what the heck is going on over there, first they turbofuck party and chat for no reason at all and now this

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EDIT: Great minds think alike VVV

It's true. great minds think like me, and I can confirm that we all think God Of War 2018 is one of the goats.

We are thinking of starting a program for people who don't like GOW 2018. Helping them out with life skills like tying their shoes and putting their seatbelts on correctly.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I started the first Evil Within DLC and it’s pretty cool and seems pretty high effort. Lots of new assets and voice acting, entirely new game mechanics and you save your game by sitting on a couch and petting a cat

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pulcinella posted:

The consensus when we were chatting about it in the Cyberpunk2077 thread was a no unless you absolutely loved the gameplay of MD. They are unimportant side stories that take place before MD. I think you get a limited number of Praxis points to try to make your way through them. The prison infiltration one starts with all your augs disabled for most of it.

I really had no desire to do them after I completed MD. They don’t answer any story questions and I had my fill of the gameplay.

I’m planning on doing new Prey next (after I complete Echo in the next day or so).

Just chiming in that you shouldn't really go for the deus ex dlc. It just doesn't add much and you're better off just replaying human revolution or mankind divided.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

holy moly what the gently caress is this web store

It's atrocious

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rad Valtar posted:

No one buys a console at launch for exclusives.

I played Knack and I enjoyed it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I played Knack and I enjoyed it

And they call me a troll

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uh so out of nowhere, Mortal Shell got an update this week that adds a new soundtrack from... Rotting Christ??? Such a random update.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Uh so out of nowhere, Mortal Shell got an update this week that adds a new soundtrack from... Rotting Christ??? Such a random update.
And pumpkins and gourds and something to do with Gorf but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with him yet. I gave you like 22 rats dude what do you want from me?

Don't feed him a boiled frog

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Halloween update. I got Mortal Shell physical release last friday and I'll be starting it after Halloween, playing some horror themed stuff right now.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I started the first Evil Within DLC and it’s pretty cool and seems pretty high effort. Lots of new assets and voice acting, entirely new game mechanics and you save your game by sitting on a couch and petting a cat

Its a more or less a full length campaign, just a bit more condensed. My only gripe with it was that I like the combat and upgrading weapons and the dlc doesn't have that. It's mostly rudimentary stealth.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How long (and hard) is MediEvil? Thinking on playing it before RE2make to keep the Spooktober theme.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When you click on a game in the webstore it doesnt even list the DLC or anything available for it as far as I can see, it's like they dont want people to buy things from it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sakurazuka posted:

When you click on a game in the webstore it doesnt even list the DLC or anything available for it as far as I can see, it's like they dont want people to buy things from it.

probably a crony contract.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guillermus posted:

How long (and hard) is MediEvil? Thinking on playing it before RE2make to keep the Spooktober theme.

It's not too hard but there's some 90s platforming and a couple bugs that held me up. It takes about 8-10 hours for a run through not counting the lost soul thing the remake added. The demo is the first few levels if you want to try it, the whole game is basically that (though note it doesn't save your progress if you pick it up).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

It's not too hard but there's some 90s platforming and a couple bugs that held me up. It takes about 8-10 hours for a run through not counting the lost soul thing the remake added. The demo is the first few levels if you want to try it, the whole game is basically that (though note it doesn't save your progress if you pick it up).

Thanks! I'm in need of some games to cheer me up right now, that's why I picked MediEvil over RE2make. Death Stranding is too slow right now and there's Spider-Man but want something short before tackling Mortal Shell and keep playing Kingdoms of Amalur.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
RE2Make isn't cheerful per se but it's a sheer joy to play. The little things like how the map actually does useful things like show which rooms you've searched so you kind of literally can't get stuck etc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Thanks! I'm in need of some games to cheer me up right now, that's why I picked MediEvil over RE2make. Death Stranding is too slow right now and there's Spider-Man but want something short before tackling Mortal Shell and keep playing Kingdoms of Amalur.

Just so you know, Mortal Shell is like a six hour game max. You could knock it out in a night tbh

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I tried to knock The Order 1886 in a single evening/nught and I guess it took longer than I expected because of the cutscenes. I know Mortal Shell is not long but I'll have some days off from work next week and I want to finish up a few games too. Sticking with spook/halloween stuff now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just so you know, Mortal Shell is like a six hour game max. You could knock it out in a night tbh

So twice as long as bloodborne?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Twice as fun as well ;)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Lol God drat

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

According to my YouTube playlist I spent about 15 hours on it. I did deliberately try and do as much as I could in the first NG cycle and find everything though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

According to my YouTube playlist I spent about 15 hours on it. I did deliberately try and do as much as I could in the first NG cycle and find everything though.

Ten of those hours were probably wandering around the swamp looking for the Sester :ohdear:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ten of those hours were probably wandering around the swamp looking for the Sester :ohdear:
In a game if I am shown the way to go I will literally go all the other ways first to make sure I don't miss anything.

This was a mistake.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

This is why I bounced off of it. Gorgeous game, but impossible to navigate.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pulcinella posted:

This is why I bounced off of it. Gorgeous game, but impossible to navigate.

It's so bad because each area has unique features you could have used to guide players but they only show use them when you're right at the boss areas. So bad.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still don’t get why people are so mad about the web store :shrug: but then once the console is out I’ll never use it so I’ll let the people who will (for some reason) complain about it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

I remember hearing a few years back that there was a guy who used WebTV to browse the forums.
I used to work at a store had a WebTV in stock and just once I saw someone buy it, but they were like 150 years old.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BP faxes me the posts he wants to make once a day , that's why we get his big effort-posts, this colour ink isn't cheap

answer your telephone! i've called you 17 times now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I browse the forums on my kindle, my screen is always on wise-guy :cool:

holy gently caress

gonna start sideposting from my N-Gage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Escobarbarian posted:

I still don’t get why people are so mad about the web store :shrug: but then once the console is out I’ll never use it so I’ll let the people who will (for some reason) complain about it

thanks for letting us know (for some reason)