Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Just to add another option for whoever I get paired with: my son was born today :toot:

I means that’s totally DIY when you think about it. :colbert:

Is this a worldwide offer, or are you only willing to ship him within the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Recipient is responsible for all applicable Import duties.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Recipient is responsible for all applicable Import duties.

I could definitely use a sawdust sweeper. or at this age, maybe just a sawdust eater.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Just to add another option for whoever I get paired with: my son was born today :toot:

I means that’s totally DIY when you think about it. :colbert:

Ended relationship with SEX WHENEVER & WHEREVER.

DIAPERS is my new friend

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

corgski posted:

The most popular answer to "Do you have insulated stairs in your house?" is "No" with four responses. The second most popular answer was "Yes" with two responses. You poor insulated souls. There were also a lot of variations on "I am protected," but no two were the same.

I don't have any stairs in my house at all!

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
What stairs:confused:

Also, please don't gift baby, have already enough thanks

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Just a heads up for y'all, secret santa assignments are going to be delayed until tomorrow!

Stay crafty and happy halloween!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Spooky!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

A teaser while you wait: The summoning circle is complete, but what is it summoning? Photoshop your guesses in the center!

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Take your time but I only have so much kibble.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

YES I am excited to shop for my santee!!!!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Secret santa emails have been sent! If you haven't received yours yet please send me a PM or email corgskiSA@gmail.com!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Received, gracias!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Got mine. Ohhh this is going to be fun! :D

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I have lots of ideas for my santee. Thanks so much for setting this up Corgski!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
dangit, missed this by a few days :(

Don't suppose there's some kind of second chance/late signup potential?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

HungryMedusa posted:

Thanks so much for setting this up Corgski!

Seconded. This is my first time doing a sa secret Santa and I’ve got the perfect gift in mind for mine.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I am just looking forward to receiving anything that reminds me that some/most humans are good.

:gbsmith:

That being said, hoo boy, Id better get carving/digging/welding/whatevering my stuff together!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

YES! Already started work for the gifts! Even will do something I never did before, so godspeed to the soul that receives this :unsmigghh:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Fatkraken posted:

dangit, missed this by a few days :(

Don't suppose there's some kind of second chance/late signup potential?

If anyone has to drop or (god forbid) gets deadbeated you can be first on the list for rescue santas!

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
Aw man, I'm hype about this! Yee! Thank you for doing this, corgski!

Time to get to work...

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

:grovertoot:

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
We just got a new tool in at the local hackerspace, and I'm excited to take it for a test drive! I just hope my Santa-recipient does not mind the lingering smell of burning fingers.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to make but dang do I wish we had another month to procrastinate before starting.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to make but dang do I wish we had another month to procrastinate before starting.

:v:
I just sent my gift today

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Jaded Burnout posted:

Election-related stress totally derailed my gift-making timeline, which was already on top of my procrastination timeline. But I have faith I can still swing it

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Got my thing all designed, just waiting on some materials to finish it out. Super excited to start seeing the things people have made/received appearing in this thread!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I received a package from Canada! It contained an "Apocalypse Chess" set, a mallet, a magic wand (?), and some Canadian candies.

There's also a box to store the chess pieces and the chessboard is the lid. Sadly, the mallet does not seem to be part of the game, but I am absolutely taking this to my next game night, whenever that is. (do we have some kind of sad covid emote?)

There didn't seem to be a card, or if there was I must have missed it, so I'm kind of assuming that this is a DIYSASS gift. I have no idea where else it would have come from.

Thank you, Canadian woodworking goon!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I received a package from Canada! It contained an "Apocalypse Chess" set, a mallet, a magic wand (?), and some Canadian candies.

There's also a box to store the chess pieces and the chessboard is the lid. Sadly, the mallet does not seem to be part of the game, but I am absolutely taking this to my next game night, whenever that is. (do we have some kind of sad covid emote?)

There didn't seem to be a card, or if there was I must have missed it, so I'm kind of assuming that this is a DIYSASS gift. I have no idea where else it would have come from.

Thank you, Canadian woodworking goon!

:ninja:
Oh sorry I thought it was supposed to be a secret! I put my name on the instruction manual for the game. Glad you like it! If you are curious I posted about how I made it. All of it is recycled wood:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=509511881#post509511881

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 16, 2020

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

:ninja:
Oh sorry I thought it was supposed to be a secret! I put my name on the instruction manual for the game. Glad you like it! If you are curious I posted about how I made it. All of it is recycled wood:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=509511881#post509511881

Oh, very cool! Thank you so much!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That's awesome! Love the rough-hewn look.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I've received my package as well, but was told I have to wait for Christmas to actually open it, so I hope it's vaguely family friendly.

Still working on mine to send out but I should have it done and out the door by Friday.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

everything prepared, and then UPS tells you you need a clearance from the local health department (which is basically impossible to get for non-business stuff, and especially not during corona) to send food to where my package should have gone...

I'm so loving sad at the moment :negative:

Need to think fast what to do now...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tuo posted:

everything prepared, and then UPS tells you you need a clearance from the local health department (which is basically impossible to get for non-business stuff, and especially not during corona) to send food to where my package should have gone...

I'm so loving sad at the moment :negative:

Need to think fast what to do now...

I just didnt say there was any food in my box. lol owned customs

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rutibex posted:

I tried something similar couple years back with Australia. Never arrived. Thus I wanted to declare everything as I was told.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I know it's more hassle and cost, but what about two packages? Non-food in one, and undeclared food in another? That way even if they catch the snacks, something will still show up.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Plus you might get the fun of imagining some customs worker carefully examining your stuff before hitting a big red alarm button that makes everyone scatter and calls in a team to plant C4 on it and blow it up.

That's how I always picture them destroying impounded packages and you will never convince me otherwise :colbert:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

there wolf posted:

I know it's more hassle and cost, but what about two packages? Non-food in one, and undeclared food in another? That way even if they catch the snacks, something will still show up.

Might work, but the base cost for one package already is in the three digits at least so that it arrives before xmas...I'll talk to the parcel service (UPS) tomorrow...they are only open for couple of hours at the moment due to corona, and there was quite the line today. I'll figure something out, just don't know what yet...

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Keep in mind, it is absolutely ok if packages arrive after xmas, as long as I've received proof of shipping with a tracking number before Dec. 22nd.

I also specifically have the extra two weeks between the ship-by date and the deadline for tracking numbers so people have time to work our crises like this, don't feel bad if you have to ship a little late or go for a cheaper, slower shipping option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

I don't think customs cares too much about a fun size Coffee Crisp.