Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Jaxic posted:

Anyone have a mid range build suggestion?

So far I have a tank build with last death and a TW skill build.

Ones in your face and the other is hide in the back and keep tossing seekers.

Feels like I am missing a range profile.

I'm at work so I can't provide pics, but last night I copied a Negotiators Dilemma build I spied on youtube. 4 Pieces NG, a Grupo Chest Piece with Obliterate and a Ceska backpack with Vigilance. I'm at 58% crit chance with a Police M4 ( using In Sync ) and 175% crit damage and if I had perfect rolled gear I could take it a bit higher. I use a striker drone to proc the 30% In Sync damage bonus and with everything wound up I'm doing 580k crits with a high RPM assault rifle. I haven't had much chance to mess with it in groups. It's kinda squishy solo and to be honest I'd rather use my Glass Cannon Bakers Dozen build because you're exposing yourself less to get the big hits, but I'm am keen to try it in a 4 mans heroic mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

A Lady Death dropped for me from an exotic cache, it was the one remaining thing I needed for my build. Feels great running around with Crusader Shield up and blasting fools at close range.

I was a bit sad that I couldn't equip Chameleon at the same time, but I found a decently rolled Pyromaniac in my stash and was cheered right up.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Cheap Trick posted:

A Lady Death dropped for me from an exotic cache, it was the one remaining thing I needed for my build. Feels great running around with Crusader Shield up and blasting fools at close range.

I was a bit sad that I couldn't equip Chameleon at the same time, but I found a decently rolled Pyromaniac in my stash and was cheered right up.
I recommend that you pair that Lady Death with a Memento backpack ( I'm using the meh rolled Memento I got out of the free Season track ) and the Hunter's Fury set - I'm also running a Belstone Armoury chest with Unbreakable. You become a speed hacking dealer of death ( I'm using EMP and Decoy for skills ). Things go bad fast if you get caught in the open and you run face first into a tank, so don't do that ( I'm thinking I should roll some armour on one or two of my Hunter's peices, and I should look for the Murikami Knees with 10% heal on kill ). I only just finally got around to trying it and after a couple of false starts found my groove. If you have it, don't sleep on it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ZombyDog posted:

the Murikami Knees with 10% heal on kill

This does not exist. You're most likely thinking of the Deathgrips gloves.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

I recommend that you pair that Lady Death with a Memento backpack ( I'm using the meh rolled Memento I got out of the free Season track ) and the Hunter's Fury set - I'm also running a Belstone Armoury chest with Unbreakable. You become a speed hacking dealer of death ( I'm using EMP and Decoy for skills ). Things go bad fast if you get caught in the open and you run face first into a tank, so don't do that ( I'm thinking I should roll some armour on one or two of my Hunter's peices, and I should look for the Murikami Knees with 10% heal on kill ). I only just finally got around to trying it and after a couple of false starts found my groove. If you have it, don't sleep on it.

I'm 40 Season Pass levels away from the Momento, so for the time being I'm using Matador and a Belstone body armor with Intimidate. Will be making the switch as soon as I can.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I would argue gear set pieces only having one roll means if you put a bunch of blue on your HF you're ensuring you won't be able to kill fast enough to not use blue rolls, if that makes sense? You will get hit because your ttk is too high. And 170k armor is woefully undertuned in comparative value to 15% WD. Meanwhile a full red setup, committing to HF as a dps set, will let you get fast kills and that stun proc on nearby enemies will save you more than armor will.

getting caught in the open is going to end you regardless of how many blues you've got. Just carry the revive hive and accept it's a risky set rather than trying to force it into something it's not.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

That's fair, I could slot in something like 2 pieces of Sokolov instead.

I've only been playing on Challenging so far, so instead of the Revive Hive I have used the Striker Drone as a distraction and to help me find enemies hiding behind walls.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’ve been pairing Hunters Fury with the Backfire SMG for big critical numbers. In that case you can pair 4 HF with 1 sokolov and 1 ceska piece on the chest and backpack. You need that ceska with the Backfire because you can’t use the critical chance weapon mods. Ideally you want hazard protection as a minor on the chest and backpack to reduce the damage you get from the bleed effect. You could even run 2 ceska pieces to reduce the damage from the bleed up to 40% (10% watch, 10% ceska bonus, 2 10% minors).

The firewall spec shield also provides a pretty significant damage bonus, even at skill tier 0, to enemies within the cone.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Also firewall gives the +10% CHD foregrip instead of the generic +5 if you're not using exotics, so it's really the ideal for HF in my opinion. I wonder how a max roll high-end SMG (and not having to take hazpro rolls) would work out versus Backfire with that in mind. I haven't used it enough to know.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Is anyone else having issues when taking control points where rogue agents don't drop a named item and then you are unable to access the supply room? This has happened to me twice now. Can access the supply room as normal when rogues don't spawn.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
E: I didn't realize this item I had never seen was the Ivory Key box drop. It kinda doesn't seem that amazing?

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 24, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Screama posted:

Is anyone else having issues when taking control points where rogue agents don't drop a named item and then you are unable to access the supply room? This has happened to me twice now. Can access the supply room as normal when rogues don't spawn.

Had this issue when the GE was turned on yesterday.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Had this issue when the GE was turned on yesterday.

I ended up having to fast travel off the map (to summit, but I don't think that's essential) for the game to finally say rogue encounter complete. Still no named drop but the supply room opened.

Fabricated posted:

E: I didn't realize this item I had never seen was the Ivory Key box drop. It kinda doesn't seem that amazing?

Shield Splinterer? It can be quite good. It's probably the second best named AR, and is a real case for Optimist being raised to 4% globally (with perfect at 5%) to compete with Strained. It's not so amazing you'll take it for the talent alone, you really need high rolls and a good third stat.

when the game was new and cosmetics were not as plentiful as they are now, getting it was a little more of a moment since it was rare and unusual. Nowadays though, it's less of a deal.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 24, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Can Memento drop before you unlock it through rewards? Or do you just have to suck it up and grind to 90

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It cannot. Both the Backfire and Memento will only drop elsewhere after you get it from the season.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Pump-action shotguns with Pummel, on a Hunter's Fury set, can be so fun :getin:

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

So, I'm pretty good on heroics now with my skill build, both open world and missions. But it is kind of boring AF and I just end up crouched and cycling my drone/turret, popping out to refresh In-Sync.

Is there an accessible build that doesn't rely on skills+cover camping to do heroics? A run-and-gun (or even cover+gun) build that isn't dependant on god-rolled items or spamming skills?

I do have some exotics to build around: Chameleon, Lady Death, and Backfire. Acosta's Bag, Ninjabike Kneepads, Tardigarde Armor System, and BTSU Data Gloves (or whatever the hive version is).
I also have some good hunter's fury gear to play with (though I wouldn't mind grinding another set - as long as I don't have to get perfect rolls on everything).

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I have so many goddamn Acosta's in my stash that I do nothing with. I also have a Tardigrade, the keepads, and a lady death. I have a solid Chamelon I use in a "DPS" build with an M1AC, Coyote's and a bunch of Providence. However, it's not as optimized, super squishy, and is not much fun solo. I should really rework it. :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hatelull posted:

I have so many goddamn Acosta's in my stash that I do nothing with. I also have a Tardigrade, the keepads, and a lady death. I have a solid Chamelon I use in a "DPS" build with an M1AC, Coyote's and a bunch of Providence. However, it's not as optimized, super squishy, and is not much fun solo. I should really rework it. :(

Blow up all Acosta's cept the better rolled one for exotic components to reroll the ones you're going to use more like Lady Death or whatever else. If you have exotics that are just a bit off from a perfect roll, keep a second one to reroll until you get the godroll.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It's not like for like when rerolling exotics? I could use all the returns from the Acosta's to reroll the chameleon or the Lady Death?

I haven't even tried the LD yet. I guess I need a Hunter's build for that one.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Bird posted:

So, I'm pretty good on heroics now with my skill build, both open world and missions. But it is kind of boring AF and I just end up crouched and cycling my drone/turret, popping out to refresh In-Sync.

Is there an accessible build that doesn't rely on skills+cover camping to do heroics? A run-and-gun (or even cover+gun) build that isn't dependant on god-rolled items or spamming skills?

I do have some exotics to build around: Chameleon, Lady Death, and Backfire. Acosta's Bag, Ninjabike Kneepads, Tardigarde Armor System, and BTSU Data Gloves (or whatever the hive version is).
I also have some good hunter's fury gear to play with (though I wouldn't mind grinding another set - as long as I don't have to get perfect rolls on everything).

You’ve never needed god rolled equipment to do heroic missions or open world stuff with guns. It’s far more about being able to manage the damage you expose yourself to. That’s mostly done through map knowledge, including spawn locations, and on-the-fly decisions about how many/what kind of enemies you’re facing. Or just staying far away with a rifle or marksman rifle.

Hunters Fury is a powerful gun set but it is close range so that comes with its own dangers on heroic. The basic build for that goes with the gear set in your mask/holster/gloves/knee slots because compared to regular talents that increase your damage quite a bit the chest and backpack talents on HF aren’t quite as useful. In the chest/backpack you then have 1 ceska piece and then either 1 badger (core re-rolled to damage) or 1 sokolov piece depending on whether you want to use shotguns or SMGs.

The ideal talents are Intimidate on the chest and Adrenaline Rush on the backpack, those combine to give a substantial damage boost and some additional survivability. If you have a chest with Intimidate but don’t have something with Adrenaline Rush you can substitute Bloodsucker though that isn’t as reliable. If you don’t have either you can use Obliterate on the chest and something that increases damage on the backpack - Composure, Unstoppable Force, Vigilance. Maybe even Versatile if you like using both SMGs and shotguns.

If you’re using SMGs you’ll probably need to have 2 or 3 minors or mod slots filled with critical chance with the rest to critical damage but if you’re using shotguns you may need more chance.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

hatelull posted:

It's not like for like when rerolling exotics? I could use all the returns from the Acosta's to reroll the chameleon or the Lady Death?

I haven't even tried the LD yet. I guess I need a Hunter's build for that one.

Breaking down an exotic gives 1 exotic component. You need 1 exotic component (plus some other stuff) to re-roll the stats on an exotic at the crafting table. So you only ever need 2 versions of each exotic until you manage to re-roll one of them to the maximum stats. Recycle the rest.

Rerolling the stats is random so it is possible to get stats worse than what you started with. That’s why you need 2, reroll whichever is worse.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

In the chest/backpack you then have 1 ceska piece and then either 1 badger (core re-rolled to damage) or 1 sokolov piece depending on whether you want to use shotguns or SMGs.

grupo sombra would like a word. sombra/ceska is the ideal combination if you (like me) use both SMGs and shotguns with HF. By being generic in that regard you don't lose out on benefits if you switch out to ARs for a little more range or something. I've done that temporarily in Summit for example, using an AK or something for floors that involve staying in a hack circle rather than relentlessly pushing the enemy.

though, given that the odds of finding a good chest/backpack with the right rolls and the right talents are so absurdly difficult it really ends up being 'use what you have.' If that's wh&co and providence, so be it. if it's ceska and grupo sombra, great. If it's gila and 5.11, re-evaluate your loot farming strategies.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 26, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Morter posted:

Pump-action shotguns with Pummel, on a Hunter's Fury set, can be so fun :getin:

Welcome to the club :black101:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
:argh: gently caress, I had enough trouble with Keener on Story mode, but once I got the hack/weakpoint/repeat cycle down, it was just grinding on shithead, and I did complete it.

Now, I'm trying to complete the first manhunt for S3 on the "normal" difficulty, with better gear and weapons and foreknowledge, and that previously-posted "slamming my balls in a car door" comment comes back with a *vengeance*.

Ferry terminal? Yup.
Ferry itself? Yee-haw.
First part of Liberty Island? A little grindy due to more enemies, but robots.exe to the rescue.
Razorback? Only one cycle of weakpoints and hack.
Quadcopter and robodoggos? Yuuuup.
Robodeathroom? Had to work some, but done.
Stop the missile? Got chewed a couple times, but did it.

Keener himself? FUUUUUUUCK.

rear end in a top hat isn't hiding at the launcher and taking long-range fire now, he's hiding off to the sides, requiring me to leave the supply room to take shots and get mauled upon. Got him down to one bar of armor once, which made him go full aggro and chase me inside for slaughterama. He still had that last armor bar, even taking SMG/rifle fire directly to the face. :smithicide:

Doesn't help that he hacks my drat healy hive/drone, either. Maybe I should try shield/pulse? I've got full pimp minigun spec, but I suspect I'll just get murdered while standing full Ahnold.

Suppose I could see if anyone wants to drag Mister OK-At-Best-At-Games through, but I keep seeing people going on about soloing challenging poo poo, Keener should loving well be doable without Perfect Meta Build and Perfect 1337 Skillz talents on the gear, right?

Hell, I did Pentagon/DARPA on Hard, it wasn't as bad. Capitol and Pathway on Hard with rogues popping in? Cool, they should carry better loot, they might be seriously dangerous then.

In better news, did Pathway as part of the NY sweep on Sunday, drone/decoy kept Pachinko and Co. busy while I turtled in the corner, Bullet King'd him for the finale. And Saturday at Wall Street, two drops of Imperial Dynasty, which doesn't seem as awesome as people were talking up, I dunno. Only really lights up the first couple of enemies, even running Vile and Eclipse - might need Creeping Death?

Also tried to complete some Field Research by way of bleeding folks using Stinger Hive and Ongoing Directive, but after a while both seemed to stop actually bleeding enemies - think i still have one left to finish out that one. Did end up doing the NY Waterfront CP at level 4 (Hard), and that was fun and made me work for it, without being Keener-level "gently caress you player". Downed once by the named boss for the final capture, but Rando Calrissian the NPC got me back up in time to finish him off.

Almost forgot - finished the Season tracks, hardly noticed until I started getting Field Proficiency caches again. :v: Also Operation Clotheshorse Boxes, and still popping more Hyena spicebags and elites, even though I got my sixty League points. Skipping Hollywood entirely, I think.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

The Bird posted:

I see you've learned that the drone/turret curse is the worst way to actually play the game.

Honestly heroic is not that unforgiving and I run in PUGs with guys who have completely unoptimized builds all the time. If you're trying to solo then you cut off most of your options because the game isn't meant to solo.

You can do decent sets with Negotiator's Dilemma, Hunter's Fury, heck even True Patriot is making a comeback lately as people remember it's still pretty good without the OP heals.

Basically if you want to do a DPS build:
- Crit hit chance should be 50% or higher
- Crit Dmg should be as high as possible but a bare minimum is like 110-120 on a gearset
- Your backpack, chest and weapon talents should all be working together towards whatever goal your build has. You're up close SMG damage? Then you shouldn't have Creeping Death on your backpack. The amount of people I see running with whatever random bullshit talents in one of the 3 slots is insane. Especially people running talents based on status effects when their build has 0 status effects in it.
- Hybrids mostly suck. Builds generally are good at being very focused on one thing vs. being bad at 2 things. Don't start trying to hybridize builds until you're confident and experienced with builds in general. That means if you're DPS focus on red cores, if you're skills focus on skills, if you're defense focus on defense. Throwing a Bullet King on your full healer build just makes you worse at healing and that gun damage is useless when you didn't spec into weapon damage at all.

Also a dirty secret of the game is that most of the exotics are situational and the guys putting out the top damage in a lot of runs aren't doing it with exotics a lot of the time. Most AR/SMG builds are using regular weapons that you can control the mods and talents on because the boost from exotics tends to be situational as hell. Personally I end up using them just for the sake of it because hey might as well get something out of it, but they aren't that necessary at all.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

The Bird posted:

So I'm gonna repost this one as something worth considering

ZombyDog posted:

Just finished a Heroic Summit run and I finally have a Vile Mask out of the project cache. Last night I decided that I was going to make me a tanky gearset, and managed to scrap together this build that carried me through today.

It's 4 Piece Foundry Bulwark, 2 Piece Belstone Armoury, using the Firewall spec for the Striker shield, mods and Flamethrower that gets a fair amount of use. Armour Talents are Intimidate which gives me +35% damage amplification to enemies within 10m as long as I have bonus armour, and Adrenaline Rush which gives me 20% bonus armour when there's an enemy within 10m ( stacks up to 3 times ). It's very much a close range setup and doesn't have amazing damage output ( A fully buffed Chameleon with the Intimidate buff active helps ), but it's very very tough - Your shield will struggle with some of the high damage output enemies ( also explosions, which I could probably work on speccing it for ) but it also has fairly quick active regeneration.
It's my current go to for solo play, and is a great workhorse in groups - Damage ranges from fair to great as you start winding up your damage bonuses from Chameleon and Intimidate, with a Future Initiative healer in our group I was hitting for over 600k damage on crit, but most of the time I'm peaking at over 400k on crit hits, the bonus armour stacks up fast ( starting from a base of 1.9M ) so you can play risky, revive fallen team members out in the open and face tank rogue agents. Initially I crafted up dozens of Belstone chest pieces and backpacks until I had something approximate to what I want ( ie had reasonable rolls to so I could recalibrate the talents ), and did spend some farming up the Foundry pieces in the Summit ( you won't find Foundry chests & backpacks as they're limited to the raid ), but I haven't spent anymore time in optimising it any further, I've been busy using the set as is to farm up gear for other build experiments.

Most importantly it's a fun build to use. You still have to play cautiously, you might have a big health pool with passive regen but if you've aggroed the whole room and not close enough to exploit the bonus armour and damage boost you're going to die horribly. You get to play the clutch reviver saving those squishy dudes, you can make some reasonably big numbers with regards to damage output and I love standing outside a closet door in the Summit with flamethrower at the ready because you're applying all your damage bonuses to that as well.

I have tried it with a Memento but you don't get the damage bonus upfront like you do with Adrenaline Rush, but then once you do get the ball rolling it should be superior - that's a better option when running solo. I've tried Lady Death but the small magsize is a bit of a pain and the speed boost really isn't noticeable when you've got your shield up, and I haven't found another SMG/AR that peak as high a damage output the Chameleon.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 27, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp. For all the bitching I just did about Keener, I just went ahead and made a DPS build, emphasizing headshots/CHD/CHC/ARs, plus Trauma and Perpetuation on my Carbine 7, with Chameleon as the second spot. (Forget what the other good talent I had was, at the moment.) Went shield and decoy, for skills.

And then i go and forget to swap to the New Build set before I leave the RoboDeathRoom. So I did Keener again all kitted out with loving Hardwired, and gee I wonder why this poo poo took forever and why my drat armor wasn't regenerating.

However, I did convince him (after about four deaths) to come up and trade shots at the edge of the parapet, while i was inside the supply room, and that ended up doing the trick.

Shield worked OK to get to him, but less so to fight him, and once he killed my skills, it was obviously useless. Decoy was OK to draw some fire before I got to him, and then became useless.

Oh, and the reason I was in the wrong build? I did Wall Street for the daily using the new build, shield and decoy worked pretty good for that, although it took a drat long time to kill the Three Little Shieldboys, but I maxed out my inventory in the process and when I got back to Haven to store/sell/extract, I cleared all the dupe gearset parts... and when I put back the "keep" bits, I swapped into Hardwired to make sure I kept the proper ones on me. :doh:

And since I didn't notice right off, I purely *ate* Shade with turrent'n'drone.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The Bird posted:

Save the turret set as a preset for use if you pub Legendaries off and on since that's one of the most reliable (if slow/kinda boring) ways to get them done.

Hunter's Fury has a few different setups that work- with the obvious being the mentioned 4-Piece, Adrenaline Rush, Intimidate set with Firewall (and +dmg shield mods). A Six12, SPAS-12, M870 Variant, or another high-damage shotgun works best- Pummel is probably the best perk in this case since your goal is to be up close and never stop shooting.

I mostly run it on Heroic and it works well; on Challenging or lower you can kinda do whatever. On Heroic you need to get Hunter's Fury/Pummel spooled up to really shred- and when you don't things get hairy really loving quick so you need to be able to prioritize targets very fast. If you know spawns and go to spawn camp an enemy pod that comes out in a mission for example, you need to be able to identify the redbars very very fast so you can one-shot them to stun the other enemies for a second and get your damage buffs rolling. Once HF is maxed out you start 1-2 shotting purple bars and 1-3 shotting elites depending on the type. Once Pummel procs you'll reliably start 1-2 shotting elites.

I think it gets a bit wonky at times because enemies in stun animations are immune to further stuns, so frequently you'll start killing stuff and can't rely on the stun past the first kill since enemies will just be coming out of their animation by the time the second kill happens. And then half the time IMO the daze just doesn't happen anyway. Don't be afraid of heavies either- once your buffs are going you can easily one-shot the ammo belts on LMG heavies and then just shoot them in the chest over and over, maybe reloading/saving a round to rebreak their belt in one shot again. I've kept 2 heavies perma-locked like this on 4-man scaled heroics. I dunno if anyone here has a secondary recommendation outside of Chatterbox- I use Chatterbox, but something with maybe a bit better accuracy would also be fine on those occasions you do get stuck behind cover at close/mid-range.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 27, 2020

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
My goto run 'n gun solo for both heroic open world, missions, bounties and summit is firewall with the shield. Running Lady Death with three gila, memento backpack, one sokolov and one belstone. Chest is with intimodate. All brand pieces rolled armor as main stats except one red, so I still get full tier on shield. Minors are rolled CHC/CHD and armor regen. So rolling with around 58% chc, 110 chd and 40k armor regen/s. When full stacks of the memento buff I'm about 95k armor regen/s. You can face tank alot and the ttk is pretty low if you just run up, activate shield, dump mag, deactivate shield and sprint while reloading to get the Lady Death stacks. Rince and repeat. Just taking cover fills your armor bar really quick when getting low, or just get the memento pickups to get some bonus armor while you regen like crazy.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

ZombyDog posted:

So I'm gonna repost this one as something worth considering

It's my current go to for solo play, and is a great workhorse in groups - Damage ranges from fair to great as you start winding up your damage bonuses from Chameleon and Intimidate, with a Future Initiative healer in our group I was hitting for over 600k damage on crit, but most of the time I'm peaking at over 400k on crit hits, the bonus armour stacks up fast ( starting from a base of 1.9M ) so you can play risky, revive fallen team members out in the open and face tank rogue agents. Initially I crafted up dozens of Belstone chest pieces and backpacks until I had something approximate to what I want ( ie had reasonable rolls to so I could recalibrate the talents ), and did spend some farming up the Foundry pieces in the Summit ( you won't find Foundry chests & backpacks as they're limited to the raid ), but I haven't spent anymore time in optimising it any further, I've been busy using the set as is to farm up gear for other build experiments.

Most importantly it's a fun build to use. You still have to play cautiously, you might have a big health pool with passive regen but if you've aggroed the whole room and not close enough to exploit the bonus armour and damage boost you're going to die horribly. You get to play the clutch reviver saving those squishy dudes, you can make some reasonably big numbers with regards to damage output and I love standing outside a closet door in the Summit with flamethrower at the ready because you're applying all your damage bonuses to that as well.

I have tried it with a Memento but you don't get the damage bonus upfront like you do with Adrenaline Rush, but then once you do get the ball rolling it should be superior - that's a better option when running solo. I've tried Lady Death but the small magsize is a bit of a pain and the speed boost really isn't noticeable when you've got your shield up, and I haven't found another SMG/AR that peak as high a damage output the Chameleon.

I am going to grind for this tonight. It sounds like the playstyle I want, being more close-ranged, mid-damage with some good survivability. I was running the HF mentioned above and when it was going well it was going really well, but I did need a couple of revives from teammates. I was #2 in damage with all 1000+SHD players (Im at 85? now), so I wasn't doing too bad. But the downtime was a bummer. I think it would be an easier playstyle on the PC. It was also tough relying on that last hit for my armor stacks, when there were (3) drones and (3) turrets tagging everything. It was way more reliable when I was doing solo stuff.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Built my first new computer in like 8 years for CP2077.

Found out its been delayed another month.

Got this game out of frustration. (haven't played a fps since battlefield 2142 lol)

Game seems awesome, but I have no idea wtf any of this UI is telling me on my character screen. I haven't died yet, and am level 5 now, but have had quite a few close calls. What happens if you die in the overworld? How about during a mission? Is it cool to just blow loads of time wandering the overworld looting poo poo, hunting mobs, and clearing question marks?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Built my first new computer in like 8 years for CP2077.

Found out its been delayed another month.

Got this game out of frustration. (haven't played a fps since battlefield 2142 lol)

Game seems awesome, but I have no idea wtf any of this UI is telling me on my character screen. I haven't died yet, and am level 5 now, but have had quite a few close calls. What happens if you die in the overworld? How about during a mission? Is it cool to just blow loads of time wandering the overworld looting poo poo, hunting mobs, and clearing question marks?

Yeah dying is no big deal. You just respawn at a nearby point like a safe house or settlement or at a checkpoint (missions). Wandering around just doing poo poo is my favorite part of the game personally. But do do the story, it moves you along and unlocks things and so forth and is kind of mandatory. Don’t worry about gear or anything really until much later use what’s fun, blow poo poo up, it’s a fun ride.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Good news, everybody! It was not, in fact, good news at all. New manhunt target is up, and what else as a prereq than...

LIBERTY ISLAND!

:suicide:
:supaburn:

Did take the properly-equipped new build out in Downtown West for the daily, Trauma/Perfect Intimidate/shield/drone (tier 1 lol) and Chameleon/Grudge (with some sideline into Cuelebre and the sawed-off for a Club challenge of gauging Outcasts), mauled my way through the Bank and actually charged in to close-range murder the Toxic Alley control point, so maybe I'll just go straight to LI and get my face ripped off.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
well... gently caress. All I had left for dude #1/4 was Liberty Island. Am I screwed totally or will I get a 2-4-1 deal if I do it now ?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

MREBoy posted:

well... gently caress. All I had left for dude #1/4 was Liberty Island. Am I screwed totally or will I get a 2-4-1 deal if I do it now ?

Excellent question. If I'd known it would have been on the list, I might have waited, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "closed" manhunt would reset j7ust to make you do everything again.

To paraphrase, gently caress Bears Keener.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Right, couple of questions chaps.

I finished the NY thing and got the watch, then headed back to DC. I thought I’d try ‘re-rolling’ an exotic. I have (or had) several on my wall including Merciless, Pestilence and Lady Death. I also picked up a Sweet Dreams once back in DC. When I went to the crafting station it said the blueprints for all the exotics I had weren’t available and I needed the actual weapon to be able to obtain the blueprint, even for the weapon I have in my loadout right now (the Sweet Dreams). I went to the firing range and all my exotics have vanished! Any ideas what’s up?

Also can someone explain how the ‘seasons’ work and whether it’s worth splashing out £8 to get the pass?

Cheers agents!

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Last night i decided to close my session by taking over level 4 Solar Farm. Just as the big guy on the "defend the Checkpoint"-wave appeared, a drone flew over. Naturally i shot it and it happily joined in the fight. An Elite Convoy also decided to stop by. Somehow one of the first targets to go was the leader of the attacking group. Naturally the entrance music announcing those 2 Rogue Agents started playing. So it quickly escalated into a constant barrage of gunfire, missile impacts, shouted curses by foes and enemies alike and all kinds of shade-shenanigans while i dashed from cover to cover, taking potshots with my shotty or wildly firing an mp (testing a new HF-Setup). It was an absolutely glorious and gorgeous 30 Minutes of Mayhem until everything was dead. If the game had extended environemtal damage i'm sure there would have been nothing left but a smoking crater.
What i tried to express: Sometimes this game excels in conjuring a ton of beautiful fun out of seemingly nothing and that's problably why i keep playing it :allears:
Thanks for listening.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

I finished the NY thing and got the watch, then headed back to DC. I thought I’d try ‘re-rolling’ an exotic. I have (or had) several on my wall including Merciless, Pestilence and Lady Death. I also picked up a Sweet Dreams once back in DC. When I went to the crafting station it said the blueprints for all the exotics I had weren’t available and I needed the actual weapon to be able to obtain the blueprint, even for the weapon I have in my loadout right now (the Sweet Dreams). I went to the firing range and all my exotics have vanished! Any ideas what’s up?

Also can someone explain how the ‘seasons’ work and whether it’s worth splashing out £8 to get the pass?

Cheers agents!
You can buy exotic recalibration blueprints from the lady next to the recal table in the White House. You can only buy them once you've found the exotic they apply to.

Seasons are a series of weekly events linked by a loose plot of you hunting down a cell of rogue agents; beat them all and you get a new skill. It's a war crime 'shrapnel trap' this season. Seasons also have a battlepass mechanic- you gain season levels whenever you level up and unlock cosmetic rewards and new exotics if you gain enough levels.

Seasons are free to all players, but spending money gets you an upgraded battlepass which gives you more cosmetic goodies and resources. There's no real gameplay benefit to spending money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

monkeytennis posted:

Cheers agents!
OK, first up, you need to chat to the blueprint lady next to the crafting bench to buy the blueprints that allow you to reconfigure the weapon, then yes you need to have the weapon on hand ( I did notice that unlike recalibration it has to be in your possession and not in your stash - recalibration lets you recalibrate stuff from your stash ) and you also need to have exotic crafting components. These can only be obtained by scrapping other exotics or as part as an exotic crafting project ( the Chatterbox one rewards you an exotic crafting component which you'll presumably use to craft the Chatterbox to complete the project ).

The season pass grants you additional caches, cosmetics and probably isn't worth it - the free track gets you some exotics, named items and unlocks the previous manhunt targets ie the good stuff.