Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

yeah adjustable armrests are cool but real heads go no armrests for maximum mobility

doesnt work for bi people though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

doesnt work for bi people though

ur leg can be an impromptu arm; bi energy will find a way

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the ergonomic people a long time ago told me to not use armrests and so i took em off and so far my spine and shoulders haven't disintegrated so there's a data point for u

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I used to slouch on armrests real bad so I took mine off and it's been good since

of course at home I'm sitting on a dining chair but let's be frank, I'm never in it as many continuous hours as I was in my office chair

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i have my armrests attached but i dont use them and they just get caught on my desk sometimes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i am just now wondering if i can put the armrests on facing backwards and use them as a headphone hook

update: i can't remember how they go on

update 2: ugh i'm not doin all that

rotor fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 26, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no armrests, but large deep desk. push your keyboard all the way back so your entire forearms are on the desktop (this keeps your wrists flat) and adjust chair height so your elbows are comfortable.

this strategy precludes having your desk covered in funko pops and nerf guns though

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i found my chair sitting on a curb with a sign reading "FREE" and the original tags still on it, looking totally unused. i got it home, and it wouldn't lean back, so i looked at the base and they put it on backwards (despite the big sticker reading "FRONT" with an arrow pointing towards the back). fixed that and friends, i got a free chair. it's probably a POS that will fall apart, but i've had it awhile and didn't get ants or bed bugs or anything, so i guess that's a win

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Endless Mike posted:

i found my chair sitting on a curb with a sign reading "FREE" and the original tags still on it, looking totally unused. i got it home, and it wouldn't lean back, so i looked at the base and they put it on backwards (despite the big sticker reading "FRONT" with an arrow pointing towards the back). fixed that and friends, i got a free chair. it's probably a POS that will fall apart, but i've had it awhile and didn't get ants or bed bugs or anything, so i guess that's a win

you're gonna get an exploding gas cylinder enema

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you're gonna get an exploding gas cylinder enema

don't kinkshame

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

update 2: ugh i'm not doin all that

yospos coronavires wfh day crew: ugh i'm not doin all that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

c herb garden s: 5/6 of the plants sprouted :3:, the one that did not was mint. Which was kind of the one I wanted the most. :saddowns:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the russians bought their mint at the supermarket

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

local isp had an outage that lasted a few hours. logged back in to WebEx when it came back up to find the director telling us that we should all have hotspots ready to use in case something like that happens

but hey at least we still wfh gotta keep that glass has water mentality

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

was it someone itt who mentioned getting an aeron recently? i have 1k from work to spend on my wfh setup and think I want it all to go to a really nice chair. any other pro tier suggestions?

Herman Miller Embody. mine is 11 years old and still awesome. I don’t ever think about my chair, it’s that good. I like the Aeron, this is the evolution.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Hed posted:

Herman Miller Embody. mine is 11 years old and still awesome. I don’t ever think about my chair, it’s that good. I like the Aeron, this is the evolution.

there's some of these at work and they seem nice but i've never sat in one for long

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i have a steelcase gesture at work. its alright.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

I got my last chair by the dumpster near my apartment building. It barely had any signs of use and worked perfectly. Although not very adjustable, it reclines properly and has a pretty comfortable shape by default for the back and rear end. I later googled it and it's a lower-midrange model worth about $200 new.

But with a headrest

I got myself a Steelcase Think when it became clear this year will be WFH and it's very comfy and adjustable but I find myself still screwing around with it. I think one thing I can't quite get used to is that the old chair has the seat shaped for your butt and thighs, while the Steelcase is just a flat surface more or less.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I’m wfh and have been using a lovely staples chair I took the armrests off of for years now, and I try to use my standing desk function more instead.

Always wanted one of the fancier chairs but I keep putting it off because I want to try them and I’d need to drive 2+ hours each way to find a reseller with decent inventory.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

by the by is there a yosmas this year? because i bought some of these:

:eyepop:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that sounds incredibly painful op

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

sned the salmiakki cookies to me plx

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I ate them :negative:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i would kill for some fried muikku but that probably doesn't ship well

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
when my renos are done i think i’m going to buy a really nice office chair for my new wfh office. thanks for all the pics/reccs itt fellas

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
oh! my wife finally has an interview after losing her job to covid 2 months ago. hell yeah

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Vittu perkele saatana!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Were they good?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

oh! my wife finally has an interview after losing her job to covid 2 months ago. hell yeah

good luck kennywife

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

Were they good?

You know I don't even know. It's weird to have the taste of candy with the texture of a filled biscuit in your mouth at the same time. And they don't really go well with coffee or tea. But it's not a bad taste and they're all gone (I didn't eat them all myself) so vOv

e: I don't think I'd buy them again, because ammonium chloride and tea don't go together that well, and I only eat biscuits with my 9 o'clock tea.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 27, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

good luck kennywife
thanks. first interview or response whatsoever so it’s a moral victory even if it doesn’t pan out. times are tough

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
when I was in the navy we had a huge budget to fill so we bought 100 aerons and most of them just sat in an empty room till they got sent to DRMO (defense reutilization materials office?) where they resell the poo poo in like an auction I think. I wish I would have snagged one but I was a poor sailor.

I did contemplate taking one apart and smuggling it out in pieces but was real chickenshit back then. still am in fact

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fart Sandwiches posted:

when I was in the navy we had a huge budget to fill so we bought 100 aerons

Could they not just buy whisky?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
jerry send me these

and these

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You know I don't even know. It's weird to have the taste of candy with the texture of a filled biscuit in your mouth at the same time. And they don't really go well with coffee or tea. But it's not a bad taste and they're all gone (I didn't eat them all myself) so vOv

e: I don't think I'd buy them again, because ammonium chloride and tea don't go together that well, and I only eat biscuits with my 9 o'clock tea.

I should know better than to get my hopes up for something that is little more than a gimmick. Ammonium chloride does not, in fact, go with everything.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol i just noticed that "check my bottom" part and that dumle is spelled weird? idk anyway send me some

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't know that I could buy a bag of Suffeli Puffis without immediately inhaling them all.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HANG ABOUT

The Fazer webstore delivers to the entire EU.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

HANG ABOUT

The Fazer webstore delivers to the entire EU.

Oh wow they even have (exactly one type of) bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh wow they even have (exactly one type of) bread.

They don't have the cookies. :(