Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aol keyword party
Sep 27, 2005

you can find a pleasure of shooting prolific amounts of pictures,
i guess what goes with my lack of My BS CS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

that clip is a gut punch, seen it more than once

i also have a 200 dollar suit

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis posted:

i make what’s considered good money (closer to 6 figgies than not) but living by myself with kids, i’m in debt and struggling to get out of it. life loving sucks I wish I was dead lol.

same, shits hard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept posted:

same, shits hard

:hf:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don’t wish you were dead echi fwiw

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you guys are making it really awkward to post about figgies

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i have a p deece 3 and a half figgies in cold hard cash lying around my apartment, in various drawers

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I make 117k a year in Dallas and anyone else who is scared to share salaries are pawns to capital. The only way labor grows stronger is by sharing knowledge and helping each other.

Cowards.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

remember with figgies it’s a log scale. that means each figgie is worth twice the previous one. so if 6 figgies is $100k, then 7 figgies is $200k and 8 figgies is $400k, etc

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

fart simpson posted:

remember with figgies it’s a log scale. that means each figgie is worth twice the previous one. so if 6 figgies is $100k, then 7 figgies is $200k and 8 figgies is $400k, etc

just remember these are not the kind of figgies that you apply rectally

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

poemdexter posted:

I make 117k a year in Dallas and anyone else who is scared to share salaries are pawns to capital. The only way labor grows stronger is by sharing knowledge and helping each other.

Cowards.

the thread is fyad bait to lol @ yosposters bragging about their figgies. no one here cares how much you make

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

infernal machines posted:

the thread is fyad bait so they can lol @ yosposters bragging about their figgies. ymmv

post the fyad thread where they're watching this one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there probably isn't one because nothing funny is happening itt

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i get paid in bitcoin, my boss says one day I'll have billions of e-dollars if I work hard

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

the thread is fyad bait to lol @ yosposters bragging about their figgies. no one here cares how much you make

they’re just jealous that yospos is the richest forum on average. and also the greasiest.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

rich in human capital

wealth beyond measure

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i thought this thread was about figgy pudding

i dont even know what that is but i want to try it

but yeah, i'm happy to talk comp with people at work and people who want advice or whatever. people who i don't know like random people reading dead internet forums just get "levels.fyi is accurate" and it's up to them to figure out my level or whatever

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
we did some anonymous poll in the past that was relatively honestly answered if anyone actually needs this information for non-trolling purposes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

every once in a while I remember that the 'pos is technically considered a "fyad-lite" which is odd because it feels more like a computer toucher 'yob

the zingers, they are many, and sometimes they are spicy, but they are not mean of spirit

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

anyways I make jack poo poo because I live in canada and we're all underpaid and our money is worth loving nothing but if I catch meltlung and survive I'm not saddled with a deece six and a half figgies (using established e-notation) hospital bill so it's okay I guess

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i live in the midwest with no dependents and i get paid way too much

hth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kazinsal posted:

every once in a while I remember that the 'pos is technically considered a "fyad-lite" which is odd because it feels more like a computer toucher 'yob

the zingers, they are many, and sometimes they are spicy, but they are not mean of spirit

this is true but iirc byob was also a 'fyad-lite'

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kazinsal posted:

fyad-lite just means more people than usual don't use the shift key

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
there’s a shift key?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
it"s what you hold down to type in yospos after you"ve turned on caps lock

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poemdexter posted:

Cowards.

that probably works within workplaces. if i post my income and then someone translates it to their currency of choice, I am afraid I will be mocked mercilessly and rule 29nd into a dumpster head first with no pants on and everyone can see my white rear end

The Management posted:

you guys are making it really awkward to post about figgies

hmm you raise a compelling point. changes will occur

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
log 100,000 is 5 not 6 so in order to calculate the figgie i’ve gone log(income)+1 = 5.94 :qq: so close and yet so far

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

Shaq is rich. The 97 year old white pedophile that owns the city shaq lives in is wealthy.

this is a chris rock bit, though i'm sure you can go back further for a true academic point of this somewhere between marx and now
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/zao85l/rich-vs--wealthy

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

get ready to update yospos.xlsx

we have a combined household yearly take down between 100k and 200k in new york city, we live in the five boroughs (not staten island)

we have no debt, unless you count paying rent as debt or foolish or some insane thing

it's a lot compared to people i know, and significantly less compared to others in my same geography and social circles

it's enough for me

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

gently caress
i’ll never earn more, not counting inflation, without escaping pharmacy. why didn’t i touch computers when i could have :qq:

to preserve your sanity i would guess

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm a junior network toucher and I'm sittin on an adequate 65k CAD/year four years in. do I wish I got paid closer to six figgies? hell yeah I do. am I okay with having skated through two years of college for this? it's fine. I'd need to be raking in six and a half figgies in order to actually be able to buy a house around here and my current income pays all the bills and I have no debt and a few assets, so, whatever

according to the magical canadian public mortgage insurance department I could afford a $300k mortgage but lmao at actually finding anything in this province larger than a cardboard box for $300k

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
got a good rating this year and fuzzywife got a big promotion so fingers crossed for some additional fig

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

the figgy formula is this:

1 + log10(yearly income)

So if you make 69k then your figgy count is 5.84

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Achmed Jones posted:

but yeah, i'm happy to talk comp with people at work and people who want advice or whatever. people who i don't know like random people reading dead internet forums just get "levels.fyi is accurate" and it's up to them to figure out my level or whatever

yep. also glassdoor is pretty accurate if you're just looking for a gauge of whether you're getting ripped off.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

spankmeister posted:

the figgy formula is this:

1 + log10(yearly income)

So if you make 69k then your figgy count is 5.84

this needs to factor in emotional age too

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

i actually hate figs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my gf is kicking all kinds of rear end and her sister (my future sister in law) just bought nzs biggest news website (which also owns most of nzs papers) so she’s the rupert murdoch of new zealand and future sister in law and my gf is independently storming ahead and upwards within the same company. maybe my pathetic drug fondling will be a meaningful contribution rather than a meagre totality

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Beamed posted:

i actually hate figs

Goon Hates Figs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

because its dead. it was more angry and cutthroat half a decade ago