Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The only time I'd not run BBQ & Chili on a killer (if I've gotten it on them at all) is if I absolutely, positively MUST run a very specific loadout for my match for some reason. But if you're just playing this game to have fun and get points it is a top 10 fun perk and a top 1 point perk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is pop goes the weasel teachable because idk why you'd run anything but bbq and weasel

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boba Pearl posted:

Is pop goes the weasel teachable because idk why you'd run anything but bbq and weasel

Because you don't have Clown yet because you're waiting for the Steam sale so you can use the money from your Steam wallet :cry:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yes, though they made a recent effort to nerf it to death. Now you have far less time between hooking someone and Pop expiring

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Boba Pearl posted:

It is teachable, but also after the nerf I think it's a bit less 'this is the best regression perk in the game' and more 'this is a really good regression perk some killers can make better use of than others'. The nerf for those wondering, is the duration you have to kick a generator to get Pop's benefit has dropped from 60 seconds at max rank to 45 seconds. Which was justified tbh.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think I would feel better about it if they did anything about Survivors abusing Decisive Strike to hide in lockers and go totally invincible, but they won't

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

Depends on the killer. High mobility killers can use Pop well and don't need the early game slowdown as much, where as slower or stealthier killers work better with Corrupt Intervention to get their pressure going ASAP. Ruin is also good on extremely high mobility killers like Billy too though.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Is there a high uptime survivor perk that lets me see other survivor auras? It occurs to me that it'd help for seeing what other survivors are doing so I can decide if they're responding to a killer near them.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Is there a high uptime survivor perk that lets me see other survivor auras? It occurs to me that it'd help for seeing what other survivors are doing so I can decide if they're responding to a killer near them.

Bond, one of Dwight's teachables. Literally lets you see survivor auras in a 36? meter radius at all times.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
play oni
https://i.imgur.com/Em42UeR.mp4

Pyrolocutus posted:

Empathy's basically map wide but only works when survivors are injured. I guess you could use Bond if you're only worried about killer shenanigans near you. Don't forget if some one's the Obsession then you can watch for the claws wiggling to see if they're being chased.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Kindred is the best solo perk you can run imo, it benefits all four and provides unspoken coordination even between strangers. IDs the Killer unseen if somebody on opposite side of map gets hooked, a godsend if it's a stealth killer. Doesn't even have a range limitation and it's neutral!

So many games where I've made the right calls on that perks info alone. "Killer is other side of map, I can work for 20+ seconds undisturbed. They're going right, it'll take them longer to patrol to me. That guy is going for the unhook. Ok, the Killer went back to the hook, I'm finishing this gen." Even when the killer really leaves the hook seeing the other survivors is great. "OK, the unhook guy is running really weirdly and yeah, there's the pallet drop animation. Time for me to help unhook too."

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah Kindred rules since it answers the question of "is anyone else going for the hook."

It's super frustrating to see like 3 people crouched 20 meters away when you're hooked. I was wasting time so you guys could finish gens!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I can't do those "just loving murder a survivor when they're in sacrificable state" executions without special items, right?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

I can't do those "just loving murder a survivor when they're in sacrificable state" executions without special items, right?

More or less correct. Pyramid Head gets a special execution if you meet the right conditions and Myers has two add-ons that lets him do it, but otherwise you need to use one of the three mori offerings.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Studio posted:

Yeah Kindred rules since it answers the question of "is anyone else going for the hook."

It's super frustrating to see like 3 people crouched 20 meters away when you're hooked. I was wasting time so you guys could finish gens!

I try to run Kindred even when I’m playing with friends just because it’s such a good spotting tool. When I was just grinding Ash for Flip-Flop I ran Kindred, Dark Sense, and Spine Chill and basically functioned as a group lookout. It was incredibly useful.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

TGLT posted:

More or less correct. Pyramid Head gets a special execution if you meet the right conditions and Myers has two add-ons that lets him do it, but otherwise you need to use one of the three mori offerings.
Hag also has the Hex: Devour Hope. It gets a token every time someone is unhooked a certain distance away from you. At 5 tokens you can kill with your bare hands.

This is also, as I finally realized last week, why you'll get "As the Hag, kill a survivor by your own hand" daily ritual, specifically.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

You can get that daily ritual for any killer.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Hag also has the Hex: Devour Hope. It gets a token every time someone is unhooked a certain distance away from you. At 5 tokens you can kill with your bare hands.

This is also, as I finally realized last week, why you'll get "As the Hag, kill a survivor by your own hand" daily ritual, specifically.

This doesn't count as a hook while Pyramid Head's does.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Honestly I forgot about Devour Hope it's been so long since I hosed with it. Fun gamble perk when it works.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tormented posted:

This doesn't count as a hook while Pyramid Head's does.
Ah, we might be thinking of different things because when I've gotten the one I'm talking about, it's definitely counted when I chomped someone as Hag.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also the perk Rancor, though that only lets you murder the Obsession once all gens are complete. For giggles, play Nurse, hide inside the gate the entire match and then strangle the Obsession when they open the doors

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Ah, we might be thinking of different things because when I've gotten the one I'm talking about, it's definitely counted when I chomped someone as Hag.

Oh that or a mori works for the daily. I'm just saying PH's mini-mori is a reward unlike the mori bonus from devour hope.

In other news, just had a match with a Billy with it and it was bugged near one of the farm machines and we couldn't cleanse it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

God drat people get mad when you lose them in the tall grass while you're successfully chasing and hooking two other people instead of letting them run through an open exit door. But say it with me class: Decisive Strike gets the slug.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Had a Leatherface game where I killed three survivors fairly easily, then found and slammed the hatch shut. Found the final girl, chainsawed her to the ground and started taking her to the hook. But she struggled free! So I figured this lady's got spunk, I'll let her get away because why not?

I stood by "chasing" her as she opened the exit, then chainsaw chased her to the exit for the movie finish to set up the sequel. And after the game the scrub I'd murdered at the beginning of the game was poo poo talking me in chat for missing an easy kill on the last survivor, except with a lot more hate speech thrown in.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Der Shovel posted:

Had a Leatherface game where I killed three survivors fairly easily, then found and slammed the hatch shut. Found the final girl, chainsawed her to the ground and started taking her to the hook. But she struggled free! So I figured this lady's got spunk, I'll let her get away because why not?

I stood by "chasing" her as she opened the exit, then chainsaw chased her to the exit for the movie finish to set up the sequel. And after the game the scrub I'd murdered at the beginning of the game was poo poo talking me in chat for missing an easy kill on the last survivor, except with a lot more hate speech thrown in.

This is the way

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love giving the last survivor an out if someone disconnects early in the game. It's only fair. Extra points if I can carry them to the hatch and drop them there.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How on earth does Leatherface's "extend chainsaw run" mechanic work?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Rev chainsaw and begin dash as normal. You have 2 seconds to hit Mouse 2/power button to extend it for another 2 seconds, which you can do for as many charges as you have. 3 charges by default so 5-6 second dash is possible.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Huh I thought I had to hold down the chainsaw button or he'd stop the run halfway through. I wish there was a practise mode so I could just play around with the controls.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

Huh I thought I had to hold down the chainsaw button or he'd stop the run halfway through. I wish there was a practise mode so I could just play around with the controls.

Every game has a practice mode of you don't give a poo poo.

If you don't use items all you can lose are meaningless pips.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

rydiafan posted:

Every game has a practice mode of you don't give a poo poo.
:hmmyes:

Seventy hours of this game in under a month, and I love it enough to change my avatar. ...I might have a new obsession.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

yoooooooo do you think it's Destined Main status when you get adept on your second time playing a killer AND he's fun as hell to play and teleporting and sneaking after teleporting owns? Also the sound work is so on point it's gorgeous.

bark bark bark demodogs represent, surge rules

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Doomykins posted:

yoooooooo do you think it's Destined Main status when you get adept on your second time playing a killer AND he's fun as hell to play and teleporting and sneaking after teleporting owns? Also the sound work is so on point it's gorgeous.

bark bark bark demodogs represent, surge rules

I mean I got Spirit adept literally first game right as she was released before she got the changes that made her busted af, doesn't mean I main her. I'm more impressed you killed anyone stuck with the perks Demogorgan has lol.

Demodog is fine and I love him thematically but goddamn are his perks terrible outside of Surge. Otherwise I think he's a decently balanced killer with some minor weaknesses!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Main Demo. There aren't enough Demo mains.

Edit: Took me way too long to realize why I'm seeing so many Myers when I play survivor this week. :doh:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Could definitely see myself playing Demo with strong perks a lot, it's a fun kit. The Adept Demo game was super tight mindgames vs purples, lots of portal plays on Yamamoka Manor of Rage, I love the combination of mobility and stealth and shred is fun. Biggest mistake they made was a dude going too hard on bones for an archive challenge, gave away two downs on the same dull. A real potato play. Decent otherwise, good sneaking. The others might've snuck two out the door if they didn't keep getting dragged back to the turf of my sneakiest portal. Was behind one of the jungle gyms beside the manor.

Ah, and I saw the hatch during patrol. Totem dude was my 3rd kill and he gave up on wiggling so I took him to the hatch adjacent hook and found #4 right there. ALWAYS wiggle. :twisted:

Then I went and got Adept Clown on my 2nd game but that was actually a pair of yellows who were counting on a green/purple to carry them, very cute. I usually get a killer to 10 and load up their three perks to break them in. :kiddo: You never know when you'll queue into some fresh meat who can be defeated by 115% Machete Man, though having bamboozle AND pop do work helped a lot once the downs started coming in. Must've undone at least 100% across three gens. Getting Clown buffs by the next chapter would be sweet too, they were specifically mentioned in the last dev stream. Dudes theming is super on point, I love this fat carnie too.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm never going to get the "6 Lethal Rush Hits in one match" rift challenge done. I have to accept this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just had two Blendettes giving me the runaround for like fifteen minutes. Finally found one of them, hooked her almost instantly, beelined to where I knew the hatch was, and the other one still got through after I downed her. I feel like I'm probably going to end up on some compilation video of their sick hiding strats.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

:hmmyes:

Seventy hours of this game in under a month, and I love it enough to change my avatar. ...I might have a new obsession.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I do SWF with the guy who bought the game and we've come up with some helpful lingo between us.

Charging TOWARDS the raging Oni so they overshoot you is The Red October.

Running past a hiding space to leave scratches, then turning around and walking to that hiding space is The Danny Torrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I did not expect to get a face full of rear end when booting up the game after playing spirit.