Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

art

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Is this real?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tidus dead today after kicking an exploding blitzball

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Is this real?

While trying to return to Besaid, Yuna and Tidus get lost at the stormy sea and end up shipwrecked on an uninhabited island that resembles Besaid. They find two stone statues, one of which is revealed to be of someone called Luchel, and another that Tidus deems to slightly resemble O'aka XXIII, both pointing in a certain direction that leads them to the area where the village would otherwise be. There is no village, only a dense forest. Tidus hypothesizes they had traveled a thousand years into the past.

They explore the forest hoping to find a clue on how to return home when a ball rolls towards them. Tidus mistakes it as a blitzball and runs towards it while looking around for its owner. It explodes, killing Tidus and Yuna passes out from the shock.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The Dark Id did a reconstruction of those events for his lp but I can't be arsed to find the pictures.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For real though oaka ftmfw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

While trying to return to Besaid, Yuna and Tidus get lost at the stormy sea and end up shipwrecked on an uninhabited island that resembles Besaid. They find two stone statues, one of which is revealed to be of someone called Luchel, and another that Tidus deems to slightly resemble O'aka XXIII, both pointing in a certain direction that leads them to the area where the village would otherwise be. There is no village, only a dense forest. Tidus hypothesizes they had traveled a thousand years into the past.

They explore the forest hoping to find a clue on how to return home when a ball rolls towards them. Tidus mistakes it as a blitzball and runs towards it while looking around for its owner. It explodes, killing Tidus and Yuna passes out from the shock.

Wait 8s this a copy paste not just an amazing post?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

It's from the wiki for the sequel novel that came out with the HD remaster

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_~Eien_no_Daish%C5%8D~

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Mages and assassins from Zanarkand invaded Besaid, carrying bombs that resembled blitzballs to eliminate the summoners. The guardian Velm vowed to protect his summoner Kush, and led his army of soldiers and a group of fake Bedore to fight them. Kush went missing and Velm searched for her only to find her unconscious and half naked with Ifarnal, another summoner, in his bedroom. Ifarnal claimed it was the only way, but Velm was angered by the scene and charged at him. Velm attempted to awaken Kush when a fake Bedore entered and slapped Kush to wake her up. Velm tried to stop the Bedore only to be held down by Ifarnal, and Kush was awakened. A second fake Bedore wielding a gun entered the room and killed Velm. Kush, traumatized, refused to send him to the Farplane, which Velm interpreted as her telling him to become a fiend or go to hell. He felt he deserved it and resolved to repent in hell.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

Mages and assassins from Zanarkand invaded Besaid, carrying bombs that resembled blitzballs to eliminate the summoners. The guardian Velm vowed to protect his summoner Kush, and led his army of soldiers and a group of fake Bedore to fight them. Kush went missing and Velm searched for her only to find her unconscious and half naked with Ifarnal, another summoner, in his bedroom. Ifarnal claimed it was the only way, but Velm was angered by the scene and charged at him. Velm attempted to awaken Kush when a fake Bedore entered and slapped Kush to wake her up. Velm tried to stop the Bedore only to be held down by Ifarnal, and Kush was awakened. A second fake Bedore wielding a gun entered the room and killed Velm. Kush, traumatized, refused to send him to the Farplane, which Velm interpreted as her telling him to become a fiend or go to hell. He felt he deserved it and resolved to repent in hell.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

final fantasy x is one helluva drug

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:eyepop:

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

lmfao @ everything

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

que sera sera posted:

lmfao @ everything

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

que sera sera posted:

lmfao @ everything

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Any tips for a young hitter starting FFVI for the first time in maybe 20 years? Just made it to the Returner's Hideout.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
Shadows going to run off with your relics

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

fadam posted:

Any tips for a young hitter starting FFVI for the first time in maybe 20 years? Just made it to the Returner's Hideout.

Wait for your friend at the end of the Floating Isle, even if it counts down to the last 10 seconds.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cheers. Just made it to Ultros, forgot how funny he was.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sorta surprised ultros hasn't been asked to do nearly as many guest spots as gilgamesh

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I might be misremembering because it’s been a while since I’ve played but I think FFXIV had an Ultros event that was pretty cool.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bicyclops posted:

sorta surprised ultros hasn't been asked to do nearly as many guest spots as gilgamesh

i'm always sad ultros didn't become a fixture of the series

fadam posted:

I might be misremembering because it’s been a while since I’ve played but I think FFXIV had an Ultros event that was pretty cool.

there's this at least. i think you also fight typhon in that battle?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

petition for uncle ulty to be the main protag of the next ff

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doesn’t Ultros appear in one of the FFXIII games too. I remember seeing screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Doesn’t Ultros appear in one of the FFXIII games too. I remember seeing screenshots

hes dlc for the ff13-2 battle arena, and you can capture him and have him on your team