Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

oh i... i accidentally killed all the scientologists in fallout 4 with FUN. well, THE SILVER SHROUD did but vOv

it was god's will, and also mine
if there is a fo5 i hope there’s something akin to the silver shroud in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

if there is a fo5 i hope there’s something akin to the silver shroud in it

it would be cool to play as a robot. what was that Amiga(-era) dungeon master clone with robonts... Captive?

also set the game like 30 years after Fallout 4 and have the new old Silver Shroud show up to fight THE MECHANISM

e: Or just Silver Shroud vs. the Zetans (Thetans? The aliens from the good Fallout 3 DLC, anyway.)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 27, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

it would be cool to play as a robot. what was that Amiga(-era) dungeon master clone with robonts... Captive?
otoh you’re right, otoh the whole synthetics thing gets beaten into paste in fo4 + far harbor

it would be neat as an option akin to low-int playthroughs tho

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

otoh you’re right, otoh the whole synthetics thing gets beaten into paste in fo4 + far harbor

it would be neat as an option akin to low-int playthroughs tho

that's just all your playthroughs?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:aaaaa:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

3D Megadoodoo posted:

oh i... i accidentally killed all the scientologists in fallout 4 with FUN. well, THE SILVER SHROUD did but vOv

it was god's will, and also mine

i screwed up the hubologists and never finished their test but same

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:eyepop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fallout New New Vegas. Yes Man is expanding his empire to the Commonwealth, all the radio stations play only randcore. Kent Connolly manages to send out an urgent distress call to the now aged Silver Shroud, before his station gets drowned out by "The Atlas Shrug" by Randy Pickett.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm looking forward to the FONV mod for FO4 that will be released in a billion years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JanHMbRjNJ8

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fallout 5 will be played with sticks and stones.

(By the by, once I finish for good with Fallout 4, I'm totally gonna buy and play Fallout 76 because gently caress the police.)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Fallout 5 will be played with sticks and stones.

(By the by, once I finish for good with Fallout 4, I'm totally gonna buy and play Fallout 76 because gently caress the police.)
f76 was a great game to have tried on a free weekend. the 76 is for the number of minutes you’ll be able to withstand playing it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

f76 was a great game to have tried on a free weekend. the 76 is for the number of minutes you’ll be able to withstand playing it

i 100%d Borderlands, DLC and all, in single-player. i can take anything.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1321128432370176002

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm looking forward to the FONV mod for FO4 that will be released in a billion years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JanHMbRjNJ8

want

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

its free on xbox game pass and its still not worth it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

by the by, is it just me or are Deathclaws in Fallout 4 a joke compared to New Vegas? I'm just pistoling them to death left and right with minimal drug abuse. In New Vegas they were loving scary until you hit like level 40 or whatever.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

e: imagine taking a day off just to play overhyped game on day one, which also means shitload of bugs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

by the by, is it just me or are Deathclaws in Fallout 4 a joke compared to New Vegas? I'm just pistoling them to death left and right with minimal drug abuse. In New Vegas they were loving scary until you hit like level 40 or whatever.
not just you but i think part of that was the mechanics of damage threshold in nv, compared to damage resistance in fo4

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

as someone who waited for hl2 and tf2 i've been enjoying watching all the newbs get frustrated by this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

as someone who waited for hl2 and tf2 i've been enjoying watching all the newbs get frustrated by this

alien incident, fallout 3, duke nukem forever, loving alan wake. i don't remember "waiting for" hl2. how long did it take?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

what I'd really like out of a new fallout is to play as a chinese survivor, in china and for it not to fall back on the same "ruined early '60s americana" tropes it's been milking since the early 90s but I know that won't happen especially not with microsoft in charge [and even if it did it would probably turn out super racist]

qirex fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 27, 2020

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

not to fall back on the same "ruined early '60s americana" tropes it's been milking since the early 90s

well then you want a different game because that's what fallout is and why it's called fallout

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

well then you want a different game because that's what fallout is and why it's called fallout

fallout is an adventure game about surviving the aftereffects of a nuclear war, we've already seen 5-1/2 takes on one theme maybe it's time for a new one?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'd really like an assassins creed game that's not falling back to the same assassination thing it's been milking

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'd really like an assassins creed game that's not falling back to the same assassination thing it's been milking

ac is a hack & slash action rpg now, not that that's a good thing but that's what it's become. fallout would be like if they'd just kept making them take place in renaissance italy for the last 8 games instead of switching settings

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I really think super mario is really milking the whole plumber thing

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/nepsubs/status/1321134035612147714?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

October 2077, seeking to secure the last cows on the planet, president Cyber-Kekkonen blows in the big whistle. A 2 Yellow is glazed over in seconds, China vapourized, both collateral damage. [in Vesa Matti-Loiri voice:] Fenno-Korean Hyper War, Fenno-Korean Hyper War never changes.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

qirex posted:

what I'd really like out of a new fallout is to play as a chinese survivor, in china and for it not to fall back on the same "ruined early '60s americana" tropes it's been milking since the early 90s but I know that won't happen especially not with microsoft in charge [and even if it did it would probably turn out super racist]
i’d settle for asian survivor in san fran or vancouver even

it would be nice to get away from vaults as a narrative framing device, they loving figured something out in new vegas and they can do it again. of course they will want to have them as “dungeons” which, fine

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Captive, and the sequel Liberation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXW9UNGIz8

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

metro exodus is a good recent example of doing fallout like things without just being hidebound to the core formula. you can have improbably mutated animals and irradiated zones and mutants and poo poo without just copy and pasting from lastgame

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

an exploration-based video game where you didn't already know what 75% of what you were going to see was

shocking idea, I know

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sweevo posted:

Captive, and the sequel Liberation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXW9UNGIz8

i'm the guy with the huge vagina bones

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i'm the guy with the huge vagina bones
lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

qirex posted:

an exploration-based video game where you didn't already know what 75% of what you were going to see was

shocking idea, I know

outer wilds

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

alien incident, fallout 3, duke nukem forever, loving alan wake. i don't remember "waiting for" hl2. how long did it take?

i vaguely remember they like restarted development after the source code was stolen

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

years of delays and stalls. then they got hacked and an early version was released so they announced that they were scrapping everything and starting completely over

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

RustyKnight posted:

e: imagine taking a day off just to play overhyped game on day one, which also means shitload of bugs

Lmao my coworker just sent out an email yesterday saying he was taking a couple days off for 2077.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

years of delays and stalls. then they got hacked and an early version was released so they announced that they were scrapping everything and starting completely over

I guess since I got a Microsoft Xbox home computer system so late, I didn't "wait" for HL2, I just went to Gamestop and bought it second-hand.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Like... people don't take a week off to read a new book, or eat a new rear end. What is it with game nerds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gamers doing their best to ensure the "release a buggy turd to match the marketing budget and quarterly revenue numbers then patch it to almost running ok over the course of a year or two" model continues