Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Panderfringe posted:

You shouldn't be using time off just to play video games.

I'm an adult and can do what the gently caress I like thx.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
More time for my 3080 to arrive in time ( :suicide: ) for Cyberpunk 2077.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I was looking forward to playing this after moving into my new place next month but I guess I am the big idiot for preordering something that probably has all sorts of issues on PS4.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
this game wont release this year, they are going to scrap the current gen version because it runs like poo poo. mid 2021 release i guess?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

lol, guess i get to enjoy the free Watch Dogs Legion I got with my 3080...

Yeah, same. Although WD really doesn't look that great tbh. I'll still try it though

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

AirRaid posted:

Is this some kind of capitalist hell hole joke I'm too European to understand? Can you guys not cancel/reschedule your days off from work?

The average American gets 4 days of PTO per year and uses <1.

cubicle gangster posted:

yeah I saw this last time, I don't get it. email HR or whoever handles PTO and say 'can I reschedule those days off to x'.
you're not forced to use them, it's not like its the day before and they've already staffed.

count me in as someone who also wants to see the unpatched disk running on a base xbox one.

:lol: yeah that's not a thing here, at least, not in my industry. The most likely outcome of doing this, for me, would be losing the PTO and never getting it back. I was taking Thanksgiving off anyways, so it isn't a big deal, I'll just play a lot of AssCreed instead of Cyberpunk. :shrug:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I’ve got no plans for the foreseeable future thanks to covid, so I’m not actually bummed or anything about the delay. Whatever it takes, just make sure it’s good.

And yea, guess I’ll be playing the new watch dogs game next month.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is getting delayed into next year. This is the pilot telling the passengers that’s theres a 15 minute delay knowing it’s an hour.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I almost wish I hadn't clicked on this thread :negative:

I've barely touched video games this year and Cyberpunk is one of the few I've been looking forward to. We were so close.. now I feel like they will just delay it to next year in a few weeks.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is getting delayed into next year. This is the pilot telling the passengers that’s theres a 15 minute delay knowing it’s an hour.

looking forward to the "gone platinum" announcement

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Vorik posted:

I almost wish I hadn't clicked on this thread :negative:

I've barely touched video games this year and Cyberpunk is one of the few I've been looking forward to. We were so close.. now I feel like they will just delay it to next year in a few weeks.

They're going to, OP

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I doubt they'd want be willing to to miss out on holiday sales.

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 27, 2020

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
they are straight up lying at this point

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Isn't delaying to next year a huge loss of potential revenue bc Xmas? I wouldn't be surprised if they absolutely are forced to release the game in whatever state they have it 15 days before santa brings all the children their digital download keys.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/DonHaci/status/1321130211191246850?s=20

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

loving Christ. What a waste of a few vacation days.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

black.lion posted:

Isn't delaying to next year a huge loss of potential revenue bc Xmas? I wouldn't be surprised if they absolutely are forced to release the game in whatever state they have it 15 days before santa brings all the children their digital download keys.

the game is broken in some fundamental way and they are working their people to death to make a day 0 patch hoping it will fix it

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Tirranek posted:

I doubt they'd want be willing to to miss out on holiday sales.

I wonder if they just push the console releases. Release on PC this year, then release on console simultaneously with the next gen version next year.

Then they can claim they released it to avoid becoming more of a laughingstock of a company than they are already.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/nepsubs/status/1321132044756439045?s=21

Just112
Aug 2, 2006
Guess Cold Steel 4 will have to do for now.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Just112 posted:

Guess Cold Steel 4 will have to do for now.

I'm enjoying it thus far!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

How many times has a game been delayed this much and not had major issues at launch.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Zikan posted:

How many times has a game been delayed this much and not had major issues at launch.

I seem to remember Witcher 3 being delayed what seemed like thousands of times.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Guess I’ll wait and see what horrible performance issues it has on PS4 and maybe get it once it hits PS5 and is patched

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Looks at my wasted vacation days.

Checks available vacation plus realizes i still have two floating holidays to burn.

Whelp

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
200GB install, 400GB Day0 patch. :pcgaming:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I'm so glad I didn't take vacation days. On the other hand, I only took 4 vacation days this year and that's dumb, but boy am I ready for my vacation to rollover to the realistic timeframe where I can get both a new Zen 3 CPU and an RTX 3080 walking into Microcenter casually.

The number and kinds of delays makes me seriously question whether the game will be worth playing near release. Witcher 3 was playable at release fine, but so much of the game coming together in the final couple years of development

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The raytracing shoots out of your monitor at 144 hz and blinds the player

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I really can’t see them giving up the Xmas 2020 sales unless there is something seriously hosed. I think this will be the last delay (he says for the 3rd time this year).

I haven’t played an Assassin’s Creed since the Ezio one, but it looks like I’m gonna spend a month being a Viking now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

😬

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321140689309175808

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The game probably runs like poo poo on current-gen consoles

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

homullus posted:

The page I cited and linked says the "expenditures on development" are "455,807" and the bottom of the page says that the numbers are in thousands of zloty. So, 455,807,000 zloty on development from January 1 to June 30, 2020.

I believe 'development' in the context of this report is more than just the development of the game as we know the term - it's all development required to deliver the final product. I'm pretty sure it includes all marketing expenses so far too.

On page 42 - operating expenses show employee compensation at 12.5m USD. Software and hardware makes up half that again. it's a big jump to go from 18m on all staff and equipment to 117m. realistically with outsourcing and all 'development' as we know it they should be around 25-30m.
A burn rate of $240m a year on development alone before marketing would be insane too. investors would be running for the hills, they've been in full production for 2 years and gradually scaling up over the 3+ before that.
gta5 was 250 including marketing, RDR2 was rumored to be around 600 all in. The total for this after marketing will likey be around 400-500m.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

The game probably runs like poo poo on current-gen consoles

That was basically the reason for the delay that resulted in the game being pushed back to September. CDPR needed more time to optimize for Xbox One and PS4. They should have just canceled those versions. I know it would have been a super controversial move, but what is the point if the performance is going to be unacceptable?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321141445089206275 this also

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

*Clasping monkey's paw*

"I WISH THAT MY 3080 WILL ARRIVE BEFORE CP 2077 RELEASE!"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I mean, I could cancel, but I'd rather not be charlie browned seeing as how this is the fourth time they've done it.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
they're sending it back to fix the chromatic aberration that had accidentally replaced the main quest

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zikan posted:

I am remembering the Gran Turismo 5 launch which had similar delays in its final few months. That was a total poo poo show when it finally released. That game was so bad for about a year plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

That was basically the reason for the delay that resulted in the game being pushed back to September. CDPR needed more time to optimize for Xbox One and PS4. They should have just canceled those versions. I know it would have been a super controversial move, but what is the point if the performance is going to be unacceptable?

Those platforms represent like two thirds of the potential sales of the game, OP