Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

The kirkland hard seltzers are pretty good, the flavors are nice and a bit lighter than the Truly seltzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

RoastBeef posted:

If you're close to New Jersey, the Costcos in Edison and Wayne carry Kirkland booze.

Yeah, but I’d rather not go to New Jersey if I don’t have to. Long Island is much easier for me - might check out some of those this week.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I always love to hear about state liquor laws. Some are so rear end backwards, it's insane. Can't buy hard liquor on Sunday?? Wtf Texas. Drive thru stores where they bring you your booze? Das crazy. Also, drive thru frozen daiquiri bars lmao new orleans

A lot of liquor laws are based on religion. :911:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, but I’d rather not go to New Jersey if I don’t have to. Long Island is much easier for me - might check out some of those this week.

Good thing you have an insider.

The Holbrook and Nesconset Costcos doesn't sell booze. Holbrook has an attached 3rd party liquor store that doesn't sell Costco brand liquor. I have no reason to believe the other Costcos in LI are any different.

Due to NY liquor laws, they can't carry liquor but they can carry wine. I don't recall ever seeing kirkland wine though but you can get good affordable wine everywhere in LI so it was never on my radar. I think I've seen wine here but not kirkland brand.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 26, 2020

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also I don't drink wine so I never cared enough to look.

My brother lives upstate and drives to Connecticut for his Costco needs. They have booze there.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco always has some $20 or $25 wine on sale for $9, and its really hit or miss. Sometimes you get a great bottle for cheap, and other times you get what really should have been originally a $9 bottle of wine.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh yeah if we have any wine here its not a big selection.

It's like a pallet or two of barefoot or something like that.

Costco is not an alcohol destination in long island is what I'm saying.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
We have a booze retailer here called "Dan Murphys" that is a big box type retailer, they will go through all their competitors advertised specials each day and change their prices to beat them.

Whenever I check the Costco prices on booze it's basically saving 20c-$1 off dan murphy prices for things under $100/bottle. So completely not worth the drive specifically for booze, but if you are there anyway you aren't going to get bad prices.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

number 1 snake fan posted:

The kirkland hard seltzers are pretty good, the flavors are nice and a bit lighter than the Truly seltzers.

I didn't really care for the black cherry flavor but all the other ones are great. I definitely prefer the Kirkland brand over white claws.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

The North Tower posted:

Anyone in the Seattle area seen a jamón? I tried Redmond, but couldn’t see any...maybe I missed it?

Tacoma has it and the Fife business center has it. I know that's a little south for you, but it's there. Tukwila usually has everything, and that's not too far south.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Long island also doesn't carry the jamon, which is probably a blessing in disguise because my wife would kill me if I left a half eaten pig leg on the kitchen counter for several weeks.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I barely put a dent in my jamon last year.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Jingleheimer posted:

I didn't really care for the black cherry flavor but all the other ones are great. I definitely prefer the Kirkland brand over white claws.

I just cracked into my first case, so far I don't know how I feel about mango.

Maybe I just don't know what fresh mango tastes like.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The jambons are out here, but it’s the full leg instead of the half leg this year. I cannot even aspire to clearing that much ham.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Uncle Lizard posted:

Tacoma has it and the Fife business center has it. I know that's a little south for you, but it's there. Tukwila usually has everything, and that's not too far south.

If I call and ask will they know what I’m talking about or will I need an item number? Otherwise I’m fine with a little trip down. Thanks!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The North Tower posted:

Anyone in the Seattle area seen a jamón? I tried Redmond, but couldn’t see any...maybe I missed it?

I've seen em both in the 4th Ave one, and in Issaquah.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Jingleheimer posted:

Yeah the black cherry is a little off but it's not offensive so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't STAND white claws, they make my piss smell like toxic chemical waste

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

The North Tower posted:

I didn't see it at Woodinville last Friday.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

The North Tower posted:

If I call and ask will they know what I’m talking about or will I need an item number? Otherwise I’m fine with a little trip down. Thanks!

I would hope they would know what you were talking about. Maybe look it up on their website to get an item number just in case you get a seasonal dunce on the phone.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Are the Costco Seltzers good in a beer bong? Because claws are fantastic thru one.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

StormDrain posted:

Are the Costco Seltzers good in a beer bong? Because claws are fantastic thru one.

I'm going to say yes. Seems much less carbonated than a claw.

Maybe I'll shotgun one after this Bears loss as a test.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

StormDrain posted:

Go back to TCC

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got some of the mini quiches (half cheddar and half spinach) for breakfast that caught my eye last time i was there. forgot about these things. theyre good for an easy breakfast. you can microwave them but they kinda suck unless you take the time to use an oven.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have the mini spinach frittatas and they're not terrible and they're really quick and easy. They have a weird texture though so I don't think I'll be getting them again.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

thathonkey posted:

i got some of the mini quiches (half cheddar and half spinach) for breakfast that caught my eye last time i was there. forgot about these things. theyre good for an easy breakfast. you can microwave them but they kinda suck unless you take the time to use an oven.

sounds ez pz if you have an airfryer

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Moey posted:

I'm going to say yes. Seems much less carbonated than a claw.

Maybe I'll shotgun one after this Bears loss as a test.

I think it works so well in the beer bong because the pour flattens it out a lot. I'm not sure I'd shotgun one.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

A few people in this thread mentioned that new organic Sauerkraut being really good so I picked some up on my last church trip.

Can confirm, it's probably the best I've ever eaten. Delightfully tangy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

seance snacks posted:

A few people in this thread mentioned that new organic Sauerkraut being really good so I picked some up on my last church trip.

Can confirm, it's probably the best I've ever eaten. Delightfully tangy.

I still enjoy the Trader Joes kraut a little bit more, I guess its a little bit more garlicky, but the costco one is definitely good too

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
They didn't have the nice organic kraut the last time I was at the 'co and it made me very sad to think it might be gone forever. I made a reuben for lunch several days in a row with that stuff and maybe want to do that forever.

That's good to know that Trader Joe's also carries great sauerkraut.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Went and picked up a Pendleton sherpa throw. We got the King size for our Queen bed (mostly for the design choice), and it's amazing. Extremely soft and beautiful. A tad thin to be your only blanket in the winter, but will look fantastic on top of a comforter.

Also picked up jars of both Better Than Bouillon Chicken AND Beef! Our store never used to carry beef so maybe that's new. I hated buying it from the grocery in such a small quantity.

Our store had a lot of ramen options to choose from, I grabbed a Morimoto branded ramen box. Looked good, will report back.

Can confirm that everyone's clearly a Large in size now a days (in my area). I couldn't find any of the 32 degree clothing in Large - only Small and Medium.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We had to make a quick run out to Costco for wiper blades, and they had some plush throws in a bin that felt incredibly cozy. The brand was Mon something, and that's definitely on my to get list.

We also got a jar of those sea salt chocolate covered caramels. Holy poo poo they're good.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Jesus I went to a normal grocery store for cereal and ended up making the drive to Costco instead. 15c/oz instead of 25c/oz. That’s $4 saved, right there. Fools! FOOLS!!!

Unison
Oct 12, 2005
Does anyone know at what time Costco puts their online deals for the new ad online? Want to get one of those LG TVs...

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Unison posted:

Does anyone know at what time Costco puts their online deals for the new ad online? Want to get one of those LG TVs...

I bought the Sony TV deal and it went live at midnight PST.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

We had to make a quick run out to Costco for wiper blades, and they had some plush throws in a bin that felt incredibly cozy. The brand was Mon something, and that's definitely on my to get list.

We also got a jar of those sea salt chocolate covered caramels. Holy poo poo they're good.

Monte & Jardin is probably the brand you saw and those are usually the ones people go sherpa nuts about.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sandball posted:

Monte & Jardin is probably the brand you saw and those are usually the ones people go sherpa nuts about.

That's the one I have. Possibly the other one too but I'm too lazy to look. It's almost TOO warm for me. But I keep my house warm. I pay for the heat now dad and I can set it to whatever the gently caress I want!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's the one I have. Possibly the other one too but I'm too lazy to look. It's almost TOO warm for me. But I keep my house warm. I pay for the heat now dad and I can set it to whatever the gently caress I want!

no no, keep the heat low and then you can cuddle up inside the bed and have a little nest

(am I the only one who sticks out a "thermal control leg" to get a nice temperature gradient across my body?)

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

One of our cats has claimed one of last years Monte & Jardin sherpa blankets, so guess I'm in the market for another now. She's been permanently camped out on one for the past few weeks.

Paul MaudDib posted:

(am I the only one who sticks out a "thermal control leg" to get a nice temperature gradient across my body?)

Nope that is definitely a pro strat. Window cracked, blankets piled, leg out is the way to be.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

no no, keep the heat low and then you can cuddle up inside the bed and have a little nest

Thermal control feet, but agreed. Best sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unison
Oct 12, 2005

FCKGW posted:

I bought the Sony TV deal and it went live at midnight PST.

Awesome, thanks!