Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we always knew it was never gonna be me that got ahead. all i gotta do is not drag from behind and hold everyone back *crosses fingers coz that’s totally out of my control*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

pram posted:

because its dead. it was more angry and cutthroat half a decade ago

you're thinking a decade ago, unfortunately. it's been dead for at least 7, 8 years

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

your brutal and unrelenting honesty is a testament to yesteryear

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

or fortunately, i honestly really enjoy the wholesome and welcoming nature of undead yospos :unsmith:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
look we have over 100 browsing right now!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Beamed posted:

or fortunately, i honestly really enjoy the wholesome and welcoming nature of undead yospos :unsmith:

something something monitor

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

pram posted:

nah. I mean maybe a lil but there was never a lot of meanspiritedness here.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
yospos is absurd at its core and it appeals to people with a strong appreciation for that absurdity. it’s not that there isn’t news about technology that we can constantly respond to but there’s nowhere near enough of it to sustain a serious ongoing flamewar and engineers can’t stop themselves from trying to be informatively helpful so it’s kind of inevitable that the fyad-ness would just become window dressing on a weird little community

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol if you don’t have copious amounts of land in your possession.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i appreciate that this is really the only forum unafraid to take down tech lords a peg or head or arm or whatever

every other place just slobbers all over whatever FAANG or ol musky are up to

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

asset rich, cash poor :eng101:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Beamed posted:

same.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i wouldn’t hang out here if everyone was lovely to each other.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

lol if you don’t have copious amounts of land in your possession.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pram posted:

we all got old, people had kids

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

President Beep posted:

i wouldn’t hang out here if everyone was lovely to each other.

case in point, beep is ancient

he's one of the best posters though

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

infernal machines posted:

fuckin bitin my style, buncha rotor wannabes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

one day we'll all be rotors

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
talk about owned

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I can’t believe how old

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’m just gonna say real quick that 40 is actually pretty young when you think about it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you could live to be twice that, easily

rotor posted:

talk about owned

time makes fools of us all

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 28, 2020

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

or you could die tomorrow. well good night!

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
i can never die

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

I’m just gonna say real quick that 40 is actually pretty young when you think about it

i thought about it, and you're wrong

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I make $100.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

y'all want to see blood, read the linux thread. it's savage in there

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe posted:

i thought about it, and you're wrong

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

y'all want to see blood, read the linux thread. it's savage in there

self inflicted doesn’t count

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

we always knew it was never gonna be me that got ahead. all i gotta do is not drag from behind and hold everyone back *crosses fingers coz that’s totally out of my control*

echi i hope you dont think of it this way. if there is a couple where one makes more than the other, the one that makes less, or spends more than they earn, or whatever, isnt "dragging from behind". its ok to bring something to a relationship besides a paycheck, and if your girl is still with you after a little bit i bet she thinks you do

"getting ahead" is as much of a fake idea as getting in trouble, if the bills are getting paid

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

echi i hope you dont think of it this way. if there is a couple where one makes more than the other, the one that makes less, or spends more than they earn, or whatever, isnt "dragging from behind". its ok to bring something to a relationship besides a paycheck, and if your girl is still with you after a little bit i bet she thinks you do

"getting ahead" is as much of a fake idea as getting in trouble, if the bills are getting paid

appreciate the positivity man. was having a bit of a self pity party when I was writing that, my problem is that i think i’m lazy and useless, altho my partner doesn’t think so, maybe that was the ex wife rather than reality 🤷‍♂️ thankyou. and that line about fake ideas speaks to me, i let my kids know that getting told off doesn’t actually matter so maybe I should take my own advice and accept getting ahead is also fake

altho I would like to be out of debt. pretty sure debt is real

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

if it doesn’t consume you though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how do we define that tho?
to get out of debt, I can afford for the kids to be ok and for my life to be boring but I can’t afford a threadripper or new graphics card or take the kids away on holiday or a newer car than my 02 honda fit and i’ll probably need a sunday job and end up working 53 hours for the next 5 years and i’ll still only be in a two bedroom house with no section. still i should turn my eyes to africa or south auckland to get some perspective in my life

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i don’t have a threadripper, new graphics card, a house, a car, or kids. im doing ok

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whoops I mean

“she’ll be right mate, have another drink”

and with that tonight i’m going to an open mic comedy evening to drink beer and laugh at people and if i’m lucky* I won’t be hungover tomorrow

*pure luck, I have no control over this

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

fart simpson posted:

i don’t have a threadripper, new graphics card, a house, a car, or kids. im doing ok

drat, I gotta get me a threadripper and a new graphics card.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Management posted:

same

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

yeah i remember 2013-2016 i had a bit more of a manic approach to posting in the 'pos

in large part spurred by me being stuck in a lovely job with bizarre people, and towards the end of that period by me sometimes drunkposting at work

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The Management posted:

i don't need a ~*threadripper*~ but yeah i'm looking forward to zen3 and a new jiraffics card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

whoops I mean

“she’ll be right mate, have another drink”

and with that tonight i’m going to an open mic comedy evening to drink beer and laugh at people and if i’m lucky* I won’t be hungover tomorrow

*pure luck, I have no control over this

Open mic comedy is good fun even if the acts are bad. Especially with a good mate and your drink of choice.

You have talked about your joy in the 'pos before, and you are also a source of joy. have a CHCH Joy Bar

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 28, 2020