Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

What do you mean why? He is making scummy posts and I want to lunch him

you're unbothered by the fact that this is his first game here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

What do you mean why? He is making scummy posts and I want to lunch him

I sort of agree with this even though I'm not always wild about cuddling new players too. But like at the same time if they are scummy I think it's the thing to do.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not worried about getting bandwagoned, it's fine if a few people vote for me if I'm really acting all that suspicious.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Sandwolf posted:

you're unbothered by the fact that this is his first game here?

I generally don’t have a problem lunching newbies acting scummy. But you’re right it is an unwritten sa mafia rule. Fine ##unvote

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hey Sal, who’s on your list today. I noticed you haven’t made many (any?) alignment calls today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

I generally don’t have a problem lunching newbies acting scummy. But you’re right it is an unwritten sa mafia rule. Fine ##unvote

like I understand I held this position early on today, still think STG has done some scummy things, but picking him today, now, feels like a bad 'we need a lunch' choice and you unvoting here actually makes me feel a bit better about you

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

My reads for now:

Town

Me, obviously

Leaning Town

Sandwolf
B-

Leaning Scum, but in Newbie Timeout
STG

Leaning Scum
ObamaAkbar
Humalong

Null

Everyone Else

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Waiting to vote for now, but will be around from now till deadline.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Referee posted:

Hey Sal, who’s on your list today. I noticed you haven’t made many (any?) alignment calls today.

Neither have you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Referee posted:

My reads for now:

Town

Me, obviously

Leaning Town

Sandwolf
B-

Leaning Scum, but in Newbie Timeout
STG

Leaning Scum
ObamaAkbar
Humalong

Null

Everyone Else

Ok. Disregard the above post

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

Neither have you.

Look up like two posts :)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Referee posted:

DB, what posts of Solus gave you a town read, and did you get a chance to go back and read Sci’s Solus case/what do you think of it? 10:30 EST is cutting it pretty close to deadline.

Sol's early posting was not great but I like their later posts. Reads like they are prodding players to figure them out and also being open with their own takes.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I am aware I will not likely have enough time to fully dive in before deadline, but I will be around for it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Sol's early posting was not great but I like their later posts. Reads like they are prodding players to figure them out and also being open with their own takes.

Fair enough. I mentioned Solus in an earlier post but left them in null instead of leaning scum because on reread I also like a few of their later posts. Don’t think it’s enough for me to lean town on Solus yet, but we’ll see what develops.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am aware I will not likely have enough time to fully dive in before deadline, but I will be around for it.

I appreciate you at least posting unlike all the other players who are obviously reading this and not posting

not even using the forbidden technique I can just feel you guys reading this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amni what will it take for you to vote Hum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Lets vote sirtommyscum instead

Absolutely not today. I am warming up to an Obama vote, though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Sandwolf posted:

I appreciate you at least posting unlike all the other players who are obviously reading this and not posting

not even using the forbidden technique I can just feel you guys reading this

Who is on your scum list besides Hum? I’m obviously open to that vote but want to see how our views align on the other players.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ah yes, their early posting from before 10am as opposed to their later posting after 10am

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ref/IS regarding your question about rereading Scientastic, I am slowly doing that now (at work) but I still think their Sol vote/casing is weak and sus.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Fair warning I am going to bed in about 45 minutes and I don't know if I will fall asleep before deadline or not.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Referee posted:

Don’t want to vote Sandwolf. Not really feeling the argument on B-. What’s the case on Obama?

Drone strikes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ok, actually Sci does put more effort in than I originally gave credit for on their Sol push

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

Waiting to vote for now, but will be around from now till deadline.

Why are you waiting to vote? This seems like a good time to vote unless you are waiting around for something to hop on in a mad scramble at the end that you can say you were forced into

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why are you waiting to vote? This seems like a good time to vote unless you are waiting around for something to hop on in a mad scramble at the end that you can say you were forced into

ding ding ding

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Referee posted:

Who is on your scum list besides Hum? I’m obviously open to that vote but want to see how our views align on the other players.

after Hum I'd vote Sal or Solus I think, but as usual I'd vote almost anywhere to prevent a NL (even Akbar)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oooh I like this point

I'm still happy with my Hum vote but would also vote Referee now that he won't get lurker gunned tomorrow

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will obviously give whoever lurker gun is pointed at tomorrow a chance to speak before shooting by the way

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Dick Bastardly posted:

This series of posts pings me. Reads a tad bit desperate to get a rolling start on Solus whom I am reading as town. Phone posting @ work until 1030 est., so I haven't gone back to check but I'm doubting Scientastic has a very good case.

##vote Scientastic

I plan on giving a good re-read when I get home.

scientastic's case on me is bad and dumb but it also doesn't feel scummy, it feels like a carryover from the last game we were in

if this poo poo keeps up into D2, then he's not actually making reads and then it's scummy, right now it just feels like residual tunnelling that I was admittedly egging on with the :rolleyes:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

scientastic's case on me is bad and dumb but it also doesn't feel scummy, it feels like a carryover from the last game we were in

if this poo poo keeps up into D2, then he's not actually making reads and then it's scummy, right now it just feels like residual tunnelling that I was admittedly egging on with the :rolleyes:

mhm, Solus whatcha think about Hum?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because I’m hoping to hear more from the people I have on my scum list between now and deadline to solidify my impression? I don’t feel that’s particularly controversial. I already said I was going to be around.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

who do *you* think is scum?

remember, Hum never answered your question

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

ding ding ding

Although if this is the kind of content I’m going to receive I guess it doesn’t particularly matter :rolleyes: ##vote Humalong

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

imo the best way to get a better idea if your scum picks are scum is to actually vote them so you can see how and if they freak out about you callin em scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

mhm, Solus whatcha think about Hum?

Overly defensive and being a grumpy rear end in a top hat.

Also, responded to a little bit of pressure with a lot of defensiveness.

The problem with that is that that's default humalong, and I'm not sure that he's scum. Out of the two of you, since you're the vote leaders, I'd prefer to vote you, since I get more of a scum feeling from you than I do from Hum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

Overly defensive and being a grumpy rear end in a top hat.

Also, responded to a little bit of pressure with a lot of defensiveness.

The problem with that is that that's default humalong, and I'm not sure that he's scum. Out of the two of you, since you're the vote leaders, I'd prefer to vote you, since I get more of a scum feeling from you than I do from Hum.

okay you make good points on hum here so what are the points on me you feel are overwhelming that?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is an interesting argument for you to make given that in a quick reread of you, your only substantial call has been ASF as scum:

Hal Incandenza posted:

All ASFs post have felt off to me, everything is so blah and I don't like it, I'm ok to ##vote ASF

Which of ASF’s posts could feel off to you when ASF has posted almost nothing?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

imo the best way to get a better idea if your scum picks are scum is to actually vote them so you can see how and if they freak out about you callin em scum

I guess we’ll see if that happens now, but it’s not the tactic I initially chose.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ok, actually Sci does put more effort in than I originally gave credit for on their Sol push

##unvote

That didn’t take much for you to unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

okay you make good points on hum here so what are the points on me you feel are overwhelming that?

Because you've never cased Hum beyond this:

Sandwolf posted:

we should really lunch hum who keeps disappearing as soon as the heat cools down and freaked out about being at -5 tryna pin the blame on STG for the 4 vote of 9

This is your whole case that I can find, and the rest is basically sniping. You haven't cased anyone but it feels like you're really pushing a hum lunch.