Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m skipping all flavor arguments as I haven’t finished reading and I’m trying not to be spoiled, FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

A bit specific to be made up, but also unverifiable, at least without doing something potentially dangerous.

What dangerous night action do you have?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I feel good about Sandwolf, Hal and Amnistar

I'm feeling a little sus on Humalong (and that is probably where my vote will go). I'm leery as well of Obama and Hal.

Great! This list doesn't contain an obvious contradiction at all!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read this yet is Coil evil?

Good Guys = Wards/Protectorate/Guild/Cauldron

Bad Guys = Empire 88/Coil/Asian Bad Boys/Merchants/Cauldron

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maybe he meant to say he was leery of SAL, that would make more sense...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why? That was earlier in the game when he was making bad posts like his very early vote of whoever he voted (I have forgotten and am too lazy to look back) and then he disappeared. If he really said he was sick at some point well then ok I feel slightly bad but his posts themselves were not good posts, not the quantity of them

Okay, I’ll do the work for you. Here’s ASF’s posting history before they woke up a few minutes ago:

A Sometimes Food posted:

##vote sirtommygun

So they don't feel left out.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I got a bad flu and am a little worried about the rona despite no community transmission for a few months.

And that's p much my day.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Ummm

##vote Obama

I got a monopoly on headaches atm. Also this seems like a weird joke post to make.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Sorry bout being absent. Had a fever today and got tested (all clear) so been a bit busy hallucinating to post.

Still feel happy with my Obama vote. It's day one and they're returning but man joking about people posting too much and white noise seems like a good place to start.

You had no idea ASF was sick but had enough of an impression on their posts to vote them otherwise as scummy, right?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh gently caress that was dumb of me, I'm really loving tired and doing 2 things at once :-/ I meant STG for the 2nd Hal (under sus)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

What dangerous night action do you have?

The ability to die horribly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

Okay, I’ll do the work for you. Here’s ASF’s posting history before they woke up a few minutes ago:

You had no idea ASF was sick but had enough of an impression on their posts to vote them otherwise as scummy, right?

Yes that is correct

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

All ASFs post have felt off to me, everything is so blah and I don't like it, I'm ok to ##vote ASF

Again, look at ASF’s post history and that vote justification and... yeah, I don’t buy that at all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vote Hum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

Again, look at ASF’s post history and that vote justification and... yeah, I don’t buy that at all.

Well you missed the first time I voted him, that was me returning to my earlier vote.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal isn’t the right vote to chase today but he’s definitely in my scum list now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

Hal isn’t the right vote to chase today but he’s definitely in my scum list now.

My job here is done

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote hum

I'm leaning town on sandwolf for meta.

Hum is a little off but reads like personal frustration vice scum deceit/trickery

Let's see the claim

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well you missed the first time I voted him, that was me returning to my earlier vote.

You are correct actually, I did miss you evidently seriously voting ASF for their obvious joke vote...?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote hum

I'm leaning town on sandwolf for meta.

Hum is a little off but reads like personal frustration vice scum deceit/trickery

Let's see the claim

We already saw it slowpoke

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote hum

yea, my jitters about sandwolf aside, I think humalong is a good vote today.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh hey make some better posts!

My main defence is I always post like hot garbage day one regardless of alignment. My secondary defence is the sick thing. But yeah I'm not on my A-game today.

Mr. Humalong posted:

It's honestly not a very good web serial.

It's got some fun ideas and some cool imagery but yeah. It's v much amateur writer's first big project but also no editing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

You are correct actually, I did miss you evidently seriously voting ASF for their obvious joke vote...?

Thank you

Also I could see the future when ASF came back and still posted badly and made no reads

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

that's -1 in the span of 3 minutes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But I do hope you feel better ASF and I am glad Sandwolf can't shoot you now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Humalong (8): Referee, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, sirtommygunn, Referee, Referee, Amnistar, Amnistar, Hal Incandenza, SalTheBard, Dick Bastardly, Amnistar
Sandwolf (4): Amnistar, tithin, sirtommygunn, Amnistar, Hal Incandenza, sirtommygunn, Hal Incandenza, sirtommygunn, sirtommygunn, Mr. Humalong, Tommunist, SolusLunes
SolusLunes (2): Scientastic, ObamaAkbar.
ObamaAkbar. (1): A Sometimes Food, Amnistar, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, Amnistar
b-minus1 (1): Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Scientastic, t a s t e, Tommunist, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, sirtommygunn, Scientastic, Sandwolf, sirtommygunn, Bifauxnen, SolusLunes, Tommunist, SolusLunes
Scientastic (0): SalTheBard, b-minus1, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, SalTheBard, Dick Bastardly
Bifauxnen (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (0): t a s t e, t a s t e
tithin (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
Referee (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
t a s t e (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
sirtommygunn (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, b-minus1
SalTheBard (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
A Sometimes Food (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza
Tommunist (0): sirtommygunn, sirtommygunn

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2020 at 4 a.m. CET -- that's in about 36 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Someone please keep posting updated Votefinders if I flip

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

that's -1 in the span of 3 minutes

Yea...man...votes coming in at deadline to ensure someone dies is an unusual thing here at something awful mafia...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Yea...man...votes coming in at deadline to ensure someone dies is an unusual thing here at something awful mafia...

You beat me too it but yeah I mean the day is almost over sooooooooo

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Amnistar posted:

##vote hum

yea, my jitters about sandwolf aside, I think humalong is a good vote today.

Are you sure about jumping onto the bandwagon this time?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

yeah that's TOTALLY what I'm talking about and not the dude dropping a drive-by vote on me and the other guy dropping a vote on me despite not reading the last page and a half

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thank you

Also I could see the future when ASF came back and still posted badly and made no reads

Honestly my main read is that Hum's probably town, cause that role pm threat really read more like super frustrated town taking things too seriously rather than scum. It was a poo poo thing to do though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food that was a very suspicious vote

This was Hal's first vote on ASF. Quoting it just so I can link back to it now, cause I can't just untick the question mark on phone

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

yeah that's TOTALLY what I'm talking about and not the dude dropping a drive-by vote on me and the other guy dropping a vote on me despite not reading the last page and a half

I do think the Sal and DB votes are not so hot so your words are not lost on me

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

We already saw it slowpoke

yeah I see it now. I think Hum is being honest there but I'm afraid of no lunch.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

This was Hal's first vote on ASF. Quoting it just so I can link back to it now, cause I can't just untick the question mark on phone

What sort of weird aussie phone do you have?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

who has the balls to hammer

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree with this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Please do not forget about them when day 2 starts.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

What sort of weird aussie phone do you have?

One that's running awful app cause trying to click tiny poo poo on an actual webpage in Chrome is a pain in the rear end

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mostly been focusing on Hum since I woke up and started posting cause that seemed to be where the vote was going and I wanted to get my bearings on that.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

yeah I see it now. I think Hum is being honest there but I'm afraid of no lunch.

This feels a little weird with 30 minutes still to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Honestly my main read is that Hum's probably town, cause that role pm threat really read more like super frustrated town taking things too seriously rather than scum. It was a poo poo thing to do though.

Addendum, if they flip scum and that was a tactic then seriously gently caress them