Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Also I'm now in the COOP Discord, when are inhouses happening :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Please do feel free to join us in Co-op Goons, we're happy to set up channels/roles etc for y'all.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

should i start posting all the good fanart i find

https://twitter.com/data_key00/status/1313234917216538624/photo/1

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yes.

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008
Anyone played Blight on PS4? I’m assuming you can’t use him as well as PC, but wondering how he does if you use the bounces for gaining distance and then just M1 killer it up? Deathslinger turned out to be fine to play despite people claiming him impossible on controller, so wondering if it’s the same for Blighty boi.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Considering Clown is essentially an M1 killer whose power is decidedly less useful than Blight, bouncing around just to traverse the map or chase people may not be optimal but it's by no means bad. Just take Lethal Rush opportunities if they happen to appear. Most annoying part is getting used to his low point of view.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have no idea what's going on with sales. The in-game sale and the Humble Store sale have been going for days now, and Steam's sale was supposed to start yesterday. But it got Twitter postponed to the 29th.

So I just bought the Silent Hill pack from Humble Store.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm suspecting for the Blight challenge I'm going to have to bring in Insidious, down someone and then park my hunchback rear end behind a tree or something nearby. Bring on the DMs wishing for my death

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is there an event going on? I swear to gently caress if I wind up working constantly during a unique item event again I'm going to poo poo myself on purpose

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Halloween event. Though bizarrely they took away last year's thing of being able to earn costumes with event credits, now they're all mostly just on sale for shards (and you get shards every day for logging in)

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Can the survivors hear the music when Myers goes super saiyan?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yes, and also when he goes back to normal

This is why you use Tuft of Hair. There is no back to normal, bitches

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Good! I’d be disappointed if they didn’t hear it :sickos:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Virgin Ghostface only exposes one person at a time and does it quietly

The Chad Myers announces to the whole world that the uh oh hour has arrived

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeathChicken posted:

I'm suspecting for the Blight challenge I'm going to have to bring in Insidious, down someone and then park my hunchback rear end behind a tree or something nearby. Bring on the DMs wishing for my death
I'm coming around to the idea that the Blight challenge is basically going to be "have one good match with literally any killer and any playstyle instead" in terms of BP.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:hmmyes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/jjak2o/the_killer_poses_during_the_pretrial_camera_pans/

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Danaru posted:

Is there an event going on? I swear to gently caress if I wind up working constantly during a unique item event again I'm going to poo poo myself on purpose

Just log in every day for your free iri shards. There's some charms you can get with some codes and poo poo but eh.

Danaru posted:

The Virgin Ghostface only exposes one person at a time and does it quietly

The Chad Myers announces to the whole world that the uh oh hour has arrived

ultra-chad oni has a two stage warning system

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'm coming around to the idea that the Blight challenge is basically going to be "have one good match with literally any killer and any playstyle instead" in terms of BP.

Pinball Wizard Alchemist is probably the weirdest killer power to wrap your head around hands down. You need a decent chunk of practice and futzing around with it in addition to map and tile knowledge. I actually had no troubles with the challenges ( :smugdog: ) but I've practiced Blight quite a bit on PBE and after launch. Totally understandable if you don't even bother trying them though, he's a real pain to learn.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Evil Kit posted:

Pinball Wizard Alchemist is probably the weirdest killer power to wrap your head around hands down. You need a decent chunk of practice and futzing around with it in addition to map and tile knowledge. I actually had no troubles with the challenges ( :smugdog: ) but I've practiced Blight quite a bit on PBE and after launch. Totally understandable if you don't even bother trying them though, he's a real pain to learn.
Oh don't get me wrong I like playing Blight a ton, it's just that in a given match a lot of the maps don't give you a better opportunity to ricochet and Lethal Rush someone 6 times in a match when you could just juke them in a chase or get a lunge around a turn. It's a case of having to decide if I'm better off playing for the specific challenge or playing to actually do well in the match.

And the challenge after it (Lethal Rush someone after 4 bounces) is a ton easier to do, since if you're using your rushes to cross the map anyway you'll probably end up getting that one on a survivor you caught on a gen once or twice a round.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Oh don't get me wrong I like playing Blight a ton, it's just that in a given match a lot of the maps don't give you a better opportunity to ricochet and Lethal Rush someone 6 times in a match when you could just juke them in a chase or get a lunge around a turn. It's a case of having to decide if I'm better off playing for the specific challenge or playing to actually do well in the match.

And the challenge after it (Lethal Rush someone after 4 bounces) is a ton easier to do, since if you're using your rushes to cross the map anyway you'll probably end up getting that one on a survivor you caught on a gen once or twice a round.

I may have just gotten lucky with certain maps benefitting my attempt at the challenge. I think of all the killers Blight is up there with Huntress for a map having a large effect on your ability to use your power. I didn't really modify my playstyle too much either for the challenge, certain long loops just really lend to using your power as well as catching people out in the open. Best of luck getting the challenge done!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

One thing I will say that I appreciate Blight's power for is when you realize a loop isn't going anywhere just noping out of it at mach 5 to go cane some folks off a generator. Second only to Hag or Nightmare for the ability to decide you're tired of being somewhere.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

I think of all the killers Blight is up there with Huntress for a map having a large effect on your ability to use your power.
You know what? I don't even hate the indoor maps as much as I used to. Yeah, having gens on different floors makes patrolling with any kind of pressure absolute rear end, but I can handle that. What I can't handle is places like Gideon having loving deserts where lockers are an endangered species.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PMush Perfect posted:

You know what? I don't even hate the indoor maps as much as I used to. Yeah, having gens on different floors makes patrolling with any kind of pressure absolute rear end, but I can handle that. What I can't handle is places like Gideon having loving deserts where lockers are an endangered species.

I think it's mostly Strode Hedge Reality that pisses off the really good Huntresses but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lery's rework made it a bit less terrible. Also depends a bit on survivor skill.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I really dont have much trouble with the Lampkin Lane map, even back when infinites were a thing (maybe I was too low ranked to see them :frogdunce:). Its a great map if you run Iron Grasp, Agitation, Mad Grit, and uhhh the basement hook one since you can get to the basement from anywhere on the map if you're a normal speed killer.

I like running that sometimes with the gimmick that I can only use the basement hooks :v: then I get The Game and wish I was dead

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The Lery's rework made it better from the standpoint of not having windows chaining into more windows, but it's still a tight constricted map that keeps you from doing the fun long range hatchets. But it's on the smaller side so I guess it evens out.

It'd be nice if they gave us purple or green offerings that let you specify indoor or outdoor maps. It'd be a solid tradeoff for telegraphing what sort of killer you're playing.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Which map is worse, Hawkins or Midwich/Silent Hill?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

neither, I like them both and they have fine designs. Now Crotus Prenn or Rotten Field...

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Midwich. Hawkins is at least fine for stealth killers. Maybe some better signposting for doors that aren't open would be nice. Midwich however really needs to have its hallways broken up by rubble ramps between floors or something, the large classroom with the collapsed center should never be walled off, and maybe a broken wall in one of the first floor hallways to let people into the courtyard would be nice. Maybe some extra ways out of some of the classrooms themselves would be nice paired with more blockers and poo poo in the hallways. edit: Not even necessarily new doorways, even just crumbled open vault points in the center of some of the classrooms would be nice.

2nd edit: also they should just delete it and replace it with Nowhere it's such a perfect fit and a way more flexible choice for making a proper DBD map

TGLT fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 28, 2020

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The worst map is Mount Ormond, or, the best map if you play Survivor :argh:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The only stairs I want to take in this game are those to and from the basement, and that informs my feelings on all maps.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The only stairs I want to take in this game are those to and from the basement, and that informs my feelings on all maps.

You're missing out on big Deathslinger/Huntress sniper plays

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't really mind Midwich. Hawkins has about 8000 pallets and if I'm sent there I will hit all of them with my face

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
How do we organize on the discord server? I'd be up for games with slightly less toxic players.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Studio posted:

I did not expect to get a face full of rear end when booting up the game after playing spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzuGsK67FEU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Karanas posted:

How do we organize on the discord server? I'd be up for games with slightly less toxic players.

on the Co-op discord as of right now @ the mods and they'll assign you the LFDbD role so we can organize. Vox is busy working but he'll get the bot set up eventually to let you assign the role to yourself.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The heck is it with other survivors who think "immediately after unhook, at the hook" is a good place to try and start healing me?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Nothing wrong with healing under hook if you know the killer is chasing someone else

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
If you see the We'll Make It icon pop up it'll be super quick, too. It's often best to be healed up since stealth is of limited utility and more so if you're wounded.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
If Killer is at medium or long distance they will usually assume you've run to the left or right and be looking for scratch marks to confirm it. I prefer to walk to the nearest LoS break from the hook itself to heal but under the hook works well especially if it is inside a jungle gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

The heck is it with other survivors who think "immediately after unhook, at the hook" is a good place to try and start healing me?

Doomykins posted:

I prefer to walk to the nearest LoS break from the hook itself to heal but under the hook works well especially if it is inside a jungle gym.
There's one excuse for this, IMO, and it's if the healer has both We'll Make It and Spine Chill, so they can heal you quickly and know when the killer is coming back, and even then only if we know the killer's already chasing someone. WMI has a loving 90 second timer, that's more than long enough to run to the next good loop.

Edit: Very vaguely related, does anyone have links to videos about getting better at looping in general? Map specific stuff is fine, too, I need to learn the maps better, but my loop game is super weak as a survivor, and knowing the good strats would make my chase game way better when I can't just shortcut it with a hatchet over a pallet.

Edit 2: Equally unrelated, I'm torn about whether I wanna spend my next 9k shards on Clown, for Pop (and Bamboozle, I guess), or on Deathslinger because he's the next killer I wanna try out. I already have Hag, so Hex: Ruin is an option for a slowdown perk, but there's been many, many times where I wished I had Pop. (I'm probably gonna try out the jank strat of Ruin and Haunted Ground on the same set soon, because lol.)

Edit 3: For anyone who's curious, current shrine is Bond, Thanatophobia, Enduring, and Lithe(!).

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 29, 2020