Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR 2020 HUNK OF METAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS,

THE LOS ANGELES DODGERS

https://twitter.com/jonwags18/status/1321323853629607937?s=19

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/1321480689938812928?s=21

This doesn’t include players with options which may be turned down, so as that occurs the list will swell

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ah, the offseason. That time when, sadly, baseball isn't happening, but on the upside, baseball isn't happening.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

This doesn’t include players with options which may be turned down, so as that occurs the list will swell

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I wonder where my two favorite players, Cash Considerations and Financial Flexibility, will sign

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In retrospect it was really weird that the Dodgers all lined up and Justin Turner went "I tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus AKA COVID-19" to each of them before open-mouth kissing each and every Dodger in the post-game

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

In retrospect it was really weird that the Dodgers all lined up and Justin Turner went "I tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus AKA COVID-19" to each of them before open-mouth kissing each and every Dodger in the post-game

Hollywood lifestyles, what are you gonna do.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I imagine the Braves won't sign any of theirs, unless Melancon wants to come back cheap or they take a second chance on Hamels. With no NL DH, you'd have to imagine Ozuna is AL-bound and everyone else on the list sucks. Need to clear a bunch of the deadwood.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

can someone put a crown on this and make the background transparent?

make it good and there's a forums upgrade/avatar cert in it for you

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 28, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GalacticAcid posted:

Thanks for this, added to the OP.

I think the Twins are going to try and bring back Cruz and May for sure, though the latter may get a big money offer that we don't match. Clippard, Hill, and Odorizzi maybe. Adrianza feels like the definition of a replacement player to me but he has positional versatility so maybe they keep him for that.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Cubs will probably do nothing, idk what the plan is going forward. Kinda seems like they might just give up and start over. Or do the usual and hope everything turns around this next year and sign a handful of aging veterans who will get 50 PAs each.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
The Yankees had better re-sign DJ "DJ" LeMahieu or I will be sad.

EDIT: And trade Gary Sanchez for pitching.

EDIT 2: If anyone will take him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
People who hate Gary are gonna loving love a full season of Higgy!

It's Romine all over again, I'm honestly impressed with how little anybody learned.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lumpy posted:

The Yankees had better re-sign DJ "DJ" LeMahieu or I will be sad.

EDIT: And trade Gary Sanchez for pitching.

EDIT 2: If anyone will take him.

Gary legit might get non tendered...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Sanchez sucks now, if they can convince someone he's going to rebound then by all means let him go

DJ needs to come back

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Popete posted:

Cubs will probably do nothing, idk what the plan is going forward. Kinda seems like they might just give up and start over. Or do the usual and hope everything turns around this next year and sign a handful of aging veterans who will get 50 PAs each.
“Sorry, we wrote a big check to the Trump campaign for ‘All the Money’ and we can’t spend any more”

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sánchez needs to continue the Yankees-to-Pirates catching tradition

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

People who hate Gary are gonna loving love a full season of Higgy!

It's Romine all over again, I'm honestly impressed with how little anybody learned.

In my head world, we had Romine / Cervelli platooning.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Sanchez might suck out loud but he got incredibly unlucky this year with balls in play. Go compare his batted ball data to Willy Adames, and then compare their actual statlines, it's ridiculous.

And I usually hate boiling down stuff to "Oh he was just unlucky" but the dude hit the poo poo out of the ball and never got anything to show for it for the entire season. (Higgy absolutely earned his postseason at-bats though, I'm not one of those truthers.)

Lumpy posted:

In my head world, we had Romine / Cervelli platooning.

Fine but Austin Romine is not good. Which is fine because backup catchers generally just have to be passable, but people want to pretend he was good!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Sanchez might suck out loud but he got incredibly unlucky this year with balls in play. Go compare his batted ball data to Willy Adames, and then compare their actual statlines, it's ridiculous.

And I usually hate boiling down stuff to "Oh he was just unlucky" but the dude hit the poo poo out of the ball and never got anything to show for it for the entire season. (Higgy absolutely earned his postseason at-bats though, I'm not one of those truthers.)

At some point you need to translate that onto the field, otherwise you end up like Ricky Nolasco where everyone fawns over your peripherals but the results never actually live up to the underlying numbers

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

bawfuls posted:

can someone put a crown on this and make the background transparent?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GalacticAcid posted:

Sánchez needs to continue the Yankees-to-Pirates catching tradition

Sanchez will probably play really well at his next stop.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Nodoze posted:

At some point you need to translate that onto the field, otherwise you end up like Ricky Nolasco where everyone fawns over your peripherals but the results never actually live up to the underlying numbers

Yeah, I'm only willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this season because of how short it was. But also if he can be defensively average, even his 2019 line is above-average catcher output, it's a hosed up position.

Mostly with Gary I just don't see how the Yankees get rid of him and get anything of value, and I don't really see any way they get a real upgrade at C regardless.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

“Sorry, we wrote a big check to the Trump campaign for ‘All the Money’ and we can’t spend any more”
Cubs acquire RF Don Jr. for millions and millions of dollars

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Endless Trash posted:

Cubs acquire RF Don Jr. for millions and millions of dollars

Unfortunately, his contract stipulates he has to play in a full suit and tie the entire time.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

One odd fact was the big ESPN owners political expense report today had the highest-spending ricketts as laura donating to dem candidates, but that makes me question how they are compiling that because the ricketts family is the literal funding arm of the trump campaign and I'm sure there's gazillions of sicko dark money that they couldn't report on.

E: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30155186/election-2020-political-donation-history-wealthy-sports-owners

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 28, 2020

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Popete posted:

Plug Alzolay into the rotation, try to resign Lester to a Wainwright type deal and call it a winter unless anyone wants a slightly used Bryant or Schwarber because they forgot to update their scouting reports with 2020 numbers.

Then next year they can proudly announce former Secretary of Education and Cubs co-owner Betsy DeVos will be handling the overhaul of baseball operations like she did with America's schools!

What are the odds the NL DH is in effect for 2021 but only announced during spring training to keep the NL clubs from offering deals?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whew. Hopefully the playoff posting chuds don't find us here.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

GoatSeeGuy posted:

try to resign Lester to a Wainwright type deal

No thank you

GoatSeeGuy posted:

unless anyone wants a slightly used Bryant or Schwarber

NO THANK YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Rangers declined Kluber’s option

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, I'm only willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this season because of how short it was. But also if he can be defensively average, even his 2019 line is above-average catcher output, it's a hosed up position.

Mostly with Gary I just don't see how the Yankees get rid of him and get anything of value, and I don't really see any way they get a real upgrade at C regardless.

The Yankees need more players who hit for average and not guys who hit .180 with suspect defense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Sanchez so like I'm presupposed to give him excuses, but I'm definitely of the mind of "who you gonna do better on?" and "that's not a team priority."

Do him and Higashioka again next season and if he loses his job to his backup then he made the decision for you. You're not gonna get something for him trading 2 cents on the dollar.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

too late i did it myself but good effort

edit: there was no gap in the previewwwwwwww :argh:

how do I fix this?

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 28, 2020

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man, Kluber probably isn't going to the hall either is he

weird how we've had 3 non-hall multiple CY winners in recent years

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Corey Kluber’s Million-Dollar Inning

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Kluber missing next season? Cause turning down an $18 million year for him is....

bawfuls posted:

how do I fix this?

You might have had to do both images in bb code instead of uploading one and using bbcode for the other, that's all I've got

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 28, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/BrentTerhune/status/1321500485753409536

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Corey Kluber sounds like the perfect guy for the Angels to sign to a one year deal. He'd be in the bullpen by June with a 6+ ERA.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Is Kluber missing next season? Cause turning down an $18 million year for him is....

You might have had to do both images in bb code instead of uploading one and using bbcode for the other, that's all I've got
Odd that the preview doesn't show the issue though, which makes me reluctant to do it again because I won't know if it works until after throwing some more money at it

Guess I should pm some people with the double-tall avys and see if that's how they did it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Odd that the preview doesn't show the issue though, which makes me reluctant to do it again because I won't know if it works until after throwing some more money at it

Guess I should pm some people with the double-tall avys and see if that's how they did it.

PM Athanatos he won't charge you since you already paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bawfuls posted:

how do I fix this?

I, for one, will miss Joe Kelly