Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm actually slightly more interested in Xfinity than I am Cup which is hard to believe given the state of that series just a few years ago.

The xfinity package is just better, it's just too bad there are so few competitive teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Briscoe's pass for the lead was everything that's nice about this track.

He was high and wide until his splitter was throwing sparks. I like these cars.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1317646513464631297?s=19

Somebody check on Rick, I think his software is buggy.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/jennafryer/status/1318288794555219968

hahah

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

*guy who said the n-word 11 times since breakfast*

we all deserve 2nd chances

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

In nicer news, Briscoe to the 14 is all but confirmed

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
If Matty D hadn't got the re-up, he could have just gone on a vulgar, racist rant. Year off, come back to a top level ride. It's foolproof.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A couple sources I've seen, maybe the most reputable being Jayski, says he's going to Hendrick and the 88 will be renumbered to 5.

Also, Hailie Deegan is going full-time in trucks next year.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
As somebody who still thinks of Logano as Sliced Bread my biggest takeaway from Kansas was the fact that the front of his hair is holding on for dear life. I feel for the guy as somebody who's hair started jettisoning the planet by my 30's as well but I still think of him as one of the young guys coming up. It's tough getting old. Other than that, yep, that was a Kansas race. At least it was cold? That added a little something I guess? Also with the aid of DVR and fast forward I managed to watch the whole thing in under 2hrs so I'll take that all day if the race is going to be mostly uneventful.

I thought the most interesting part of the whole race was when Kurt Busch's engine was making GBS threads the bed and they played the radio and the cockpit view of the team diagnosing and trying to solve the problem until the grenade went off. You don't see engines just lay down and explode like that very often anymore and it was informative and interesting, I thought, listening to the radio transmissions and having him flip pages on the dash and reading the code numbers off.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm conflicted on Deegan because I want more women in racing and doing well and am hoping her pro Trump COVID is a hoax views are a by-product of being raised by a motocross guy (which 98% of the time means total loving idiot) but flipside Trump people are so, so, so loving racist and hate filled that kid may not be coming back from that world of thinking

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

As somebody who still thinks of Logano as Sliced Bread my biggest takeaway from Kansas was the fact that the front of his hair is holding on for dear life.

Yeah his hairline is tragic but he has alopecia apparently

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

As somebody who still thinks of Logano as Sliced Bread my biggest takeaway from Kansas was the fact that the front of his hair is holding on for dear life. I feel for the guy as somebody who's hair started jettisoning the planet by my 30's as well but I still think of him as one of the young guys coming up. It's tough getting old. Other than that, yep, that was a Kansas race. At least it was cold? That added a little something I guess? Also with the aid of DVR and fast forward I managed to watch the whole thing in under 2hrs so I'll take that all day if the race is going to be mostly uneventful.

I thought the most interesting part of the whole race was when Kurt Busch's engine was making GBS threads the bed and they played the radio and the cockpit view of the team diagnosing and trying to solve the problem until the grenade went off. You don't see engines just lay down and explode like that very often anymore and it was informative and interesting, I thought, listening to the radio transmissions and having him flip pages on the dash and reading the code numbers off.

Pretty sure Logano's hair loss is due to a disease he opened up about last year, which might also be the same reason he's now wearing glasses in the car.

E;fb.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
alopecia sucks. i have pretty severe IBD/crohn's and alopecia areata and when I get too stressed out my body literally starts bleeding internally and my hair just fucks off in circular patches.

Super exciting. I didn't realize he had it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

maffew buildings posted:

I'm conflicted on Deegan because I want more women in racing and doing well and am hoping her pro Trump COVID is a hoax views are a by-product of being raised by a motocross guy (which 98% of the time means total loving idiot) but flipside Trump people are so, so, so loving racist and hate filled that kid may not be coming back from that world of thinking

never occurred to me until just now that Brian Deegan is her dad, but yeah the bolded is absolutely true

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

maffew buildings posted:

Same. She's just a teenager tho, so she's got another few years of saying the dumbest poo poo imaginable yet to go I imagine.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

Pretty sure Logano's hair loss is due to a disease he opened up about last year, which might also be the same reason he's now wearing glasses in the car.

E;fb.

Ah got it. Didn't know. Just thought it was regular getting old poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

A couple sources I've seen, maybe the most reputable being Jayski, says he's going to Hendrick and the 88 will be renumbered to 5.

Also, Hailie Deegan is going full-time in trucks next year.

They should just keep him in the 88 so everyone knows he's a racist hero / rear end in a top hat depending on their views...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

nascar heat 4 is 6.79 right now on playstation store. 5 is basically a roster update with nothing new added and they are not exactly great games to begin with but if you want a nascar game it's the price of a burg for now.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should just keep him in the 88 so everyone knows he's a racist hero / rear end in a top hat depending on their views...

have him do double duty in the 14 in GN

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

nascar heat 4 is 6.79 right now on playstation store. 5 is basically a roster update with nothing new added and they are not exactly great games to begin with but if you want a nascar game it's the price of a burg for now.

Is it better than NH3?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is it better than NH3?

I never played 3 but from what I understand it is better. 3 is also 6.79 on the sale.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Three is a hunk of poo poo.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

at least if she's maga people may not cheer every time she wrecks

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Gragson is a dumbass lovely driver

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Texas coverage resumes at 8pm EDT on NBCSN.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Definitely sounding like the mist is getting heavier lol

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

They get Texas done yet?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lol, no

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tater_salad posted:

They get Texas done yet?

Yeah, turns out that actually didn't happen.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

texas isn't real

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

texas isn't real

texas is raced on a soundstage!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kyle Larson to Hendrick, the 88 becomes the 5.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Can't really have the racism doer in the 88 lol

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kyle Larson to Hendrick, the 88 becomes the 5.

nascar is serious about combatting racism

*guy who said the n-word in front of thousands of fans earlier this year gets promoted to one of the best seats in the sport*

ah never the less

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
2021: Bubba Wallace: actions detrimental to stock car racing : causing a fuss: lifetime ban

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Today is a great day if you enjoy arguing online with NASCAR fans named Tyler whose avatar online is a selfie in a truck with sunglasses on and a goatee and/or a dog.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

what a coup for hendrick lol

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Cygni posted:

Today is a great day if you enjoy arguing online with NASCAR fans named Tyler whose avatar online is a selfie in a truck with sunglasses on and a goatee and/or a dog.

I was just wondering why they all have dog avatars now, struck me as odd.

And for some reason it's not enough that their favorite gamer word dropping driver recovered from being fired and having his sponsors drop him by signing with a top level team, they have to use the same post both to celebrate his return AND to belittle the only black driver at the same time. You know, in case you had any doubts.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it super owns that the end result of larson being a racist shitbag is that he gets a ride in a better car than the one he got thrown out of lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It all just makes nascar look very unserious about all the pro-diversity statements they were making earlier.