Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to win?
Infinitum
Hunters
View Results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::spooky: FULL STREAM DETAILS IN THIS POST! CLICK CLICK CLICK! :spooky::siren:
:siren::spooky: FULL STREAM DETAILS IN THIS POST! CLICK CLICK CLICK! :spooky::siren:

Castlevania Gangtag for donations! See below for details!

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to form a team of Goons to fight me 4 vs 1 in Fury of Dracula on Halloween.
I will take on the titular role of Dracula, and proceed to murder the poo poo out of all of you.
You will take on the roles of The Hunters, and attempt to thwart my reign of terror.

HOWEVER

:toxx: If your team manages to beat me I will be probated for 1 month :toxx:

Think you can form a squad and take me down? :getin:

- Create a team of 4 players (I will not help you form the squad!) :siren:
- A copy of Tabletop Simulator (ShallNoiseUpon has graciously donated 2 copies if you need one)
- This Fury of Dracula workshop module
- Discord and a microphone!

ShallNoiseUpon has very graciously offered to stream the match live via Twitch, as I am unable to do so due to the fact all information in this game must be hidden from every other player.
I am also currently trying to arrange :spooky: ~Guest Commentators~ :spooky: to help people better follow the action, but they are currently in the TBA stage!

That said if that doesn't pan out and you are interested in lending your time commentating, and are both knowledgeable about Fury of Dracula and, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Due to ~time zone nonsense~ It will be in the morning for me, rather than Halloween, as this time generally works out 'best' globally. Grats to all Yanks who get to watch this on actual Halloween though :v:
- 10 or 11am AEST (Australian Eastern Standard) November 1st :siren:
- 8 or 9pm EDT
- 5 or 6pm PDT
- 1 or 2am BST
(I will confirm exact starting time once we have a team locked in)

Most games of Fury of Dracula take 2-3+ hours to play, please set aside time for this if you decide to put together a team! :siren:

*Gangtag design TBA. I will make it cool*

If you would like to 'bet' on the match, you will be rewarded with a gangtag on the provision that you make a charitable donation of at least $5

1.) Make a donation to the BLM movement, or your countries Red Cross, or another worthy charity.
2.) Post a pic of your donation ITT, alongside who you would like to win. (Either "Infinitum" or "Hunters")
3.) If you voted for the winner, you will receive either the new gangtag or a tag of your choice.
4.) If you voted for the losing team?.. Well.. :rolldice:

Example:

quote:

*Pic of Donation*
Voting for Hunters cause I want to see Infinitum probed for a month, even though he's cool and strong and Australian

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here is the first of a 2 part episode of Fury of Dracula being played, and what inspired me to pick it up in the first place
I strongly recommend you watch the first episode at the very least to get an understanding of the basics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kU__uZDYTI&t=86s
(:rip: Grant Imahara)

Here is a pretty good overview of mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgwtvXzSzgE

:eng101: When in doubt we will be referring to 4th Edition Rules Reference which you can find here :eng101:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr

- Form a team of 4 Goons, and then send me a PM once you've assembled a crew. We will work out final details like discord, starting time, etc.
I will not help you form the team.

- If no team is put forth in time, I will assume you are all cowards and claim :siren: SUPREME VICTORY :siren:
Dracula will hence forth rule forever, and your souls are forfiet this coming hallows eve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkzENGzjN8

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To help get the ball rolling, some initial talk occured in the 1v1 Grudge Thread

Potential Hunters
- Major Isoor
- A Cup of Ramen
- Prokhor
- Arzaac

Prokhor has apparently started making arrangements for a team

Prokhor posted:

Come and join us hunters assembling to face the dark king himself

https://discord.gg/7KEC78

But I wouldn't know! You have to tell me once you feel you can put the best team forward!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lastly

I vote Infinitum will murder the hell out of some dumb nerds.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Laura Ingalls Wilder — 'Never bet your money on another man's game.'

##vote Infinitum

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Infinitum posted:

I vote Infinitum will murder the hell out of some dumb nerds.

Aha! You fool, after extensive consultation with the ancient tomes we have discovered your weakness, and our path to glory!

And, of course, the Hunters will win!

Prokhor fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 23, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
This should be a lot of fun.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Man, Fury of Dracula is such a good game.

I'm confident that good will triumph, even though that means a good poster getting probated for a god drat month. You flew too close to the sun, Infinitum, which is a dumb thing to do when you're a vampire. Your wings won't even have a chance to melt!

e: for the Hunters

I'm also gonna give blood.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 24, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

At a board game day today, but I've received a challenge from a team

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Talking to challengers now to make sure the full team is on board and will update soon.

Extremely shameful poll results imo.

Evil always triumphs over Good.

Edit: There are potentially 2 other teams interested as well, so we'll definitely have numbers
:getin:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 25, 2020

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Extremely shameful poll results imo.

Look, no one believes in you.

Halloween is basically a religious Holiday for my family so I can't play the event, but does anyone want to get a practice game against my Dracula between now and then? My skill level is.... fine!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I figure since I'm going to be a vampire hunter it'd be a bit disingenuous to vote for Dracula. So! This is going towards Hunters Against Dracula.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Mystic Mongol posted:

does anyone want to get a practice game against my Dracula between now and then?

Good news, two mystery vampire hunters have been training. They want their identities a secret? Anyway. They lost on day 22 because they guessed the wrong one of two cities I was in.

Pictured: The board (Dracula was not visible). They knew last turn I had been in Cologne, so I had either moved to Strasbourg, Brussels, Frankfurt, or stayed in Cologne. Lord Goldaming in Yellow acts first, and as no one else could reach Strasbourg, he went there. This left Dr John (green) to travel three spaces by rail... and after several turns of getting tickets, he only had a 1/1 train ticket to try to reach me.

Victory by timeout, 14 influence, with one health remaining on Dracula. I had spent six days at sea. Also apparently there's a card that instantly reveals where at sea you are? Boo that card, five damage worth of juking totally ruined.

They came real close to victory, but it was against a sub-tier vampire who kept using wolf form to go one space. (They never see it coming.) I ain't betting a month of posts on my Dracula skills.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If we wager on Dracula and Dracula goes 2-1, does that count as a win or a loss?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Been talking to the challengers, and I'll have them announce themselves in thread whenever they're ready.

As you can see above they got a practice game in today, and they're going to need all the help they can get. :getin:

Nessus posted:

If we wager on Dracula and Dracula goes 2-1, does that count as a win or a loss?

Do you mean Dracula fights 2 hunters at the same time?
Outcome doesn't matter, but Dracula would likely avoid that fight as one of the hunters always has their action resolve against him.

In terms of this challenge we are going to stick to the original win conditions:
- Dracula wins if the influence tracker reaches 13
- Dracula loses if he is reduced to 0 health points

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePhdHP8h6_M

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Infinitum posted:

Been talking to the challengers, and I'll have them announce themselves in thread whenever they're ready.

As you can see above they got a practice game in today, and they're going to need all the help they can get. :getin:

Do you mean Dracula fights 2 hunters at the same time?
Outcome doesn't matter, but Dracula would likely avoid that fight as one of the hunters always has their action resolve against him.

In terms of this challenge we are going to stick to the original win conditions:
- Dracula wins if the influence tracker reaches 13
- Dracula loses if he is reduced to 0 health points
I mean if you play three games, and Dracula wins two out of the three. I am confident in our undead lord but sometimes Quincy Morris gets lucky

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh I see what you meant. 3 different teams. I mean.. I'd consider it if there was enough interest in an Iron Dracula Challenge. It would have to be over separate weekends, and I'd reduce the toxx probe time for subsequent wager

Maybe if we set a reasonable donation goal for charity? :nyoron:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 26, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dracula will win because he'll pull some bullshit from the Godplane that he shouldn't by any rights be able to.

(also if the split bail fund charity isn't valid for the purposes of this bet then lmk and I'll hit something else from the gdoc in the other thread)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No it's 100% valid. Charitable donations to any fund = cool and good.

I'm just recommending the Red Cross because... blood donation puns.

Cum AllYeFaithful
Oct 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum will prove victorious over those pathetic blood-bags!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm gonna be stuck at work all Halloween, this should be a good time to help me ignore the masses of people I have to deal with buying booze in stupid rear end costumes. Rooting for the hunters to really abuse Mina's ability.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Donated to BLM, as per the OTYF thread info, linked in the OP. (Plus a 10% tip, which is the second part, in case the breakdown is confusing)
I say that the hunters will beat Infinitum! We'll hammer a wooden stake into his crotch, before pulling it out and hammering it into his heart :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

We're not anybody special. Just a group of concerned citizens that think maybe the prince of darkness isn't exactly the type of character we want skulking around Europe!

We are...

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Arzaac posted:

We're not anybody special. Just a group of concerned citizens that think maybe the prince of darkness isn't exactly the type of character we want skulking around Europe!

We are...

The CHAD Hunters vs. The Virgin Dracula, I like it!

Concerned Hunters Against Dracula Hunters :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arzaac posted:

We are...

...can't even announce themselves properly.

:siren::drac: Hunter Team :drac::siren:
- A Cup of Ramen
- Arzaac
- Major Isoor
- Prokhor

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Infinitum posted:

...can't even announce themselves properly.

Oi! That kinda blabbin' gets ya a stabbin', Drac :ese:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yo is it too much to ask for these games to get streamed or uploaded as a VOD? i don't have the time to get a posse together to punch dracula but the boardgame videos linked in the OP make this game look outrageously sick.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Coolguye posted:

yo is it too much to ask for these games to get streamed or uploaded as a VOD? i don't have the time to get a posse together to punch dracula but the boardgame videos linked in the OP make this game look outrageously sick.

yeah I'll keep the vod up, it's going to be streamed

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

yeah I'll keep the vod up, it's going to be streamed

=

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, I feel I should really get a practice game in - especially as I haven't had any luck getting a copy of the game to play with in person, over the last week or so. I'm in Adelaide, but are any of the other gang (or non-gang) players free tomorrow night, by any chance? As I said, I'm in Adelaide (I think most of you are on the east coast of Aus, but could be wrong) so I'll probably be free from 5:30-6:00pm onwards, our time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ok apologies for the delaying in locking down the details, but we're good to go
Should be a really good Halloween Gaming event, so I hope you have a few hours spare to tune in and check it out.

Twitch Channel :siren:
twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

-------------------------------------------
Starting Time
  • 9:30am Nov 1st - AEDT (Sydney)
  • 2:30pm Oct 31st - PST (Los Angeles)
  • 5:30pm Oct 31st - EST (New York)
  • 10:30pm Oct 31st - GMT (London)
If you get confused put your city into this converter and it will tell you the starting time! :siren:
Games typically average around 2-3 hours, so please be aware if you are tuned in.

Hunter Team :drac:
- A Cup of Ramen
- Arzaac
- Major Isoor
- Prokhor

Commentators
ShallNoiseUpon :siren:
VideoGames :siren:

Toxx

:toxx: If the hunters manage to beat me I will be probated for 1 month :toxx:

'Betting' aka Donations
If you would like to 'bet' on the match, you will be rewarded with a gangtag on the provision that you make a charitable donation of at least $5

1.) Make a donation to the BLM movement, or your countries Red Cross, or another worthy charity.
2.) Post a pic of your donation ITT, alongside who you would like to win. (Either "Infinitum" or "Hunters")
3.) If you voted for the winner, you will receive either the new gangtag or a tag of your choice.
4.) If you voted for the losing team?.. Well.. :rolldice:

Example:

quote:

*Pic of Donation*
Voting for Hunters cause I want to see Infinitum probed for a month, even though he's cool and strong and Australian

(I should have the new Gangtag finalised tomorrow, otherwise you can get a free one of your choice)
(It will likely be Castlevania themed)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd like to thank the SnackrificesHunter team, and the mods for donating their time to the challenge.
Shout out to everybody who donated or is planning to donate to charities, top shelf poo poo all around there.

ShallNoiseUpon deserves an extra mention for donating both his Twitch Stream, and for helping me get this challenge off the ground.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 29, 2020

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will do my best to chat and try to follow what is going on! Hooray Games community events!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

(Punainen Risti is the Finnish Red Cross)

I'm voting for Infinitum. Dracula will crush the hunters.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have started the process of gangtag approval :ninja:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
what if i also want to say comments

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Here from the banner ad, watched the Geek and Sundry video, and now I'm hooked.

Go Hunters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

edit: I am dumb and didnt read the first post carefullly.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 30, 2020