Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

One of our cats has claimed one of last years Monte & Jardin sherpa blankets, so guess I'm in the market for another now. She's been permanently camped out on one for the past few weeks.

yo wtf, your beautiful cat looks exactly like my beautiful cat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

:hfive:

Beautiful cat superiority! Squirrel is 16, has the softest belly in the world, and is pretty much defacto boss of the house.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
All Cats Are Beautiful

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Paul MaudDib posted:

(am I the only one who sticks out a "thermal control leg" to get a nice temperature gradient across my body?)

You are not alone dear friend.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

The North Tower posted:

Thermal control feet, but agreed. Best sleep.

In our house it's "monster bait." Anybody got anything nice to say about the down comforters Costco carries? We've had our queen-sized one FOREVER, and my wife has hinted more than once that it sure would be nice if we had a king-size down comforter to go on our queen-size bed. You know, for the overhang.

I'd go for one of these, but I really don't have $16k to spend, and I think you have to pick them up in person, which might prove difficult: https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/most-expensive-eider-down-comforter

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thank you to whoever recommended the colombia supremo coffee. got some beans and some of the cold brew cans since the seasons changin. both are pretty good and yeah i do like the beans better than the blue mountain blend

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

thathonkey posted:

thank you to whoever recommended the colombia supremo coffee. got some beans and some of the cold brew cans since the seasons changin. both are pretty good and yeah i do like the beans better than the blue mountain blend

Glad to hear it! Enjoy your caffeination.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Oh drat it. I'm going to be moving within the year (hopefully), I want proper adult furniture. I love the style of these https://www.costco.com/torrington-3-piece-leather-set---sofa%2c-loveseat%2c-chair.product.100665837.html

Agghhh my aesthetic. I love them. I wanna drape them in sherpa throws and mildly ironic throw pillows.

What are the chances they'll still have them in stock in a year?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Suspect Bucket posted:

Oh drat it. I'm going to be moving within the year (hopefully), I want proper adult furniture. I love the style of these https://www.costco.com/torrington-3-piece-leather-set---sofa%2c-loveseat%2c-chair.product.100665837.html

I have something similar that I bought 5 years ago, though the legs are different. It's only OK furniture. The leather on the cushions is really thin and already cracked through in places. I live by myself, so it's not like I have kids beating the crap out of it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/costco-pulling-products-allegedly-made-with-forced-monkey-labor/

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
One assumes the monkeys are rewarded for doing these tasks, otherwise they wouldn't do them.

I wonder how the cows are rewarded for providing the Costco beef that is still on the shelves.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PETA taking jobs from hard working thai monkeys. What a world we live in.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Holy gently caress that article.

Did costco ever pull all the shrimp and salt produced with human slave labor in thailand?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i only buy coconuts picked by exploited humans

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

drat no more bratblursts

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

All those out of work monkeys will make for fine jamon capuchin with a few months of curing.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Washout posted:

Holy gently caress that article.

Did costco ever pull all the shrimp and salt produced with human slave labor in thailand?

iirc they did that too

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

shadow puppet of a posted:

All those out of work monkeys will make for fine jamon capuchin with a few months of curing.

I can never get through a whole monkey in a holiday season. I wish they still sold the 1/2 monkeys.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Thinking bout that dog with free refill (please ask for a new cup) for lunch tomorrow

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

That's the CEO of Monkee Corp standing on the fruits of his workers' labor.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I feel like monkeys can experience less of a depth and breath of emotional pain than humans therefore

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Looking forward to monkey chips.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

Looking forward to monkey chips.

13.5% primate!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Can we build factory coconut farms that harvest with machines and put the mom and pop monkey coconut outfits out of business

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Sure, but they just won't have the taste of small-farm, heirloom, monkey harvested coconuts.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

stealie72 posted:

Sure, but they just won't have the taste of small-farm, heirloom, monkey harvested coconuts.

Not to be confused with coconut harvested monkeys, hunted by throwing coconuts

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Smugworth posted:

Can we build factory coconut farms that harvest with machines and put the mom and pop monkey coconut outfits out of business

we'd still need to train the monkeys to operate the machines but we could eliminate enough of them to still make some tasty chips

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

When the monkeys can no longer collect coconuts, they enter the vats and are processed into future coconuts

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What would be the optimum result... cruelty-free vat grown coconuts, or vat grown monkeys?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
praise be, costco now has 32 oz jars of pickled asparagus for $7 each. that's the same price you pay for a lovely little 12oz jar at Kroger

Picked asparagus and pickled dilly beans were one of the things I hoped to find when I joined (as I'd seen references to them online as being carried at costco) but alas I was disappointed. My faith has been rewarded.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

The pickled asparagus looked good, but I was afraid they’d be mushy like canned asparagus. How is the texture?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I hear they have Japanese A5 wagyu ribeye 2 packs for $200. Please advise.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FogHelmut posted:

I hear they have Japanese A5 wagyu ribeye 2 packs for $200. Please advise.

Fire them up on a nice hot propane grill until the internal temperature reads 165-170 and you've got a nice char.
Serve with ketchup and fries.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's a loving joke right. You get a steaks internals to 165 you might as well throw it in the trash.

Edit: I feel I've been baited, but if it's the US there's nothing regulating the term wagyu check the actual marbling on the meat before you spend 200€ on a cut of meat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you shouldnt do it rare rare cuz fat is a connective tissue but you should also be banned from cooking if you tell peeps to get it to 170

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Seriously though I go through flats of the Chaokoh coconut milk making a lot of curries and soups and now I feel bad for the poor monkeys.

I always think that I'll start harvesting and making my own, but by god peeling and cooking the coconuts is just one of those things that only a few aunties do and then they make all their grandchildren prep the coconuts.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gaius Marius posted:

That's a loving joke right. You get a steaks internals to 165 you might as well throw it in the trash.

Edit: I feel I've been baited, but if it's the US there's nothing regulating the term wagyu check the actual marbling on the meat before you spend 200€ on a cut of meat

Yeah what they meant was to *steam* them to 165 internally to make sure they don't char.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You cook Waygu on a george foreman

to seal in the flavor

and knock out the fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

This is an ape, specifically an orangutan. They shave those and use them for sex work. Different kind of forced labor. Well, off to go watch the Jungle Book cartoon to imagine this great ape as a king instead of...that.

Got the Mac and Jack’s red beer at Costco in the SEA area. Super good, would recommend.