Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

drat, just got closest to what (I assume) is a successful run in Hades on my 19th run. Finally cleared Elysium for the first time and got to the Temple of Styx, found the treat for Cerberus quite quickly and with no major hassles (I loved this by the way, I was so sad at the thought I would have to fight the majestic puppy), then got to the fight against Hades, which I'm not putting in spoiler tags because like... come on.

Got him down to 1/3rd of his lifebar remaining and then zigged when I should have zagreus'd and got wiped. I was using the fists with the magnetic pull special attack and just pumped the hell out of that with boons and hammers. I don't think I touched my regular attack button all run.

What a fantastic game. The moment to moment combat feels so satisfying that I'm happy to keep plowing away at it and the slow metaprogression and narrative dripfeeds mean that I feel like I'm accomplishing something even if I gently caress up horrendously and die to one of the Tartarus bosses or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bogart posted:

did the funko pop gears of war game come out

It did on mobile, and its servers will shut down in April 2021.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

A game mechanic I really enjoy is environmental destruction. The video game Control is a great example of this mechanic enhancing the "Fun Factor" of a game. An older example is the Personal Computer software program F.E.A.R, this game had really fun combat sequences with sparks flying everywhere and slow motion bullets and was a grand old time as they say. This is an url that links to a video on you-tube that shows off some of the environmental destruction in Control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12NORuGfcLc

Thanks for reading this post.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

cheetah7071 posted:

:siren: Bingo Is Almost Over! :siren:

Accordingly, I will start handing out gangtags now. Quote this post with a picture of your bingo sheet and I will tag you up! If you don't quote me.

For completing one line:

For completing the entire square, your choice of:

Current forums policy is a max of three gangtags, so be sure to let me know what to do if this would put you over. You have the option to use [marquee] tags to have multiple tags on the same row, though there's still a character limit in the bbcode for custome titles.

I'll probably rerun bingo around January or so.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

exquisite tea posted:

V is probably the second-best HoMM after III (but I like V more anyway).

Yeah, I agree with this statement. I think there's a tribes of the east mod that adds some quality of life features to V (as well as giving it the same class dynamic as HoMM 3).

HoMM 6 is worth playing IMO, even if it ended up not being that good compared to the others. HoMM 7 is boring as gently caress though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Suggestion for November thread title: Remember, remember to game in November. Thank you, I'll take my answer off the air.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/PlayStation_jp/status/1321647952239108096?s=20

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

November Chat Thread: Infinitum in Memoriam
About how awesome it was when he dunked on all those nerds :hellyeah:

Ok please excuse the big effort post, but my :siren::spooky::drac: Vs Series - Fury of Dracula Challenge :drac::spooky::siren: details are finally confirmed.
(Last time I'll do a big ad ITT. I'll do a small reminder post an hour before kickoff)

Infinitum posted:

Twitch Channel :siren:
twitch.tv/shallnoiseupon

-------------------------------------------
Starting Time
  • 9:30am Nov 1st - AEDT (Sydney)
  • 2:30pm Oct 31st - PST (Los Angeles)
  • 5:30pm Oct 31st - EST (New York)
  • 10:30pm Oct 31st - GMT (London)
If you get confused put your city into this converter and it will tell you the starting time! :siren:
Fury of Dracula games typically average around 2-3 hours, so please be aware if you are tuning in.

Hunter Team :drac:
- A Cup of Ramen
- Arzaac
- Major Isoor
- Prokhor

Commentators
ShallNoiseUpon :siren:
VideoGames :siren:

Toxx

:toxx: If the hunters manage to beat me I will be probated for 1 month :toxx:

'Betting' aka Donations
If you would like to 'bet' on the match, you will be rewarded with a gangtag on the provision that you make a charitable donation of at least $5

1.) Make a donation to the BLM movement, or your countries Red Cross, or another worthy charity.
2.) Post a pic of your donation ITT, alongside who you would like to win. (Either "Infinitum" or "Hunters")
3.) If you voted for the winner, you will receive either the new gangtag or a tag of your choice.
4.) If you voted for the losing team?.. Well.. :rolldice:

(I should have the new Gangtag finalised tomorrow, otherwise you can get a free one of your choice)
(It will likely be Castlevania themed)

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 29, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Huh, Amnesia: Rebirth is not a remake of Amnesia: Dark Descent, despite being named Amnesia Rebirth.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Today a Crash Bandicoot Nendoroid was put up for preorder, and on a whim I also decided to see if the Junkrat one was rereleased yet and he was so long story short today I spent way too much money on toys

Jay Rust posted:

Huh, Amnesia: Rebirth is not a remake of Amnesia: Dark Descent, despite being named Amnesia Rebirth.

I've watched a little bit of a playthrough of it, and there's a reason it's named Rebirth

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
My agency reset everyone's passwords last night and now the reset password tool is being hammered and I keep getting Endpoint Request Timed Out errors. So I can't even get into email or Teams to see if new comms have been shared or to let people know I'm having a problem. This is not great but not terrible. I'll just keep trying. e: Well I got past the two-factor auth step but still getting errors trying to save my new password.

Also

The screenshot one is the only one I did after checking, and it didn't even contribute to a line. I just wanted to encourage myself to take and post more screenshots.

I will never vote in a poll and I make no promises about effort posting

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Amnesia: UnDER/night:inbirth=REdead

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm really curious what Blizz is going to look like in ~5 years. They've had a ton of brain-drain this year and their games are in a rough spot. Even Overwatch, a game I loved on release, feels like it has been completely buried under ill-advised updates and changes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I'm really curious what Blizz is going to look like in ~5 years. They've had a ton of brain-drain this year and their games are in a rough spot. Even Overwatch, a game I loved on release, feels like it has been completely buried under ill-advised updates and changes.

I was all in on Overwatch at launch. That game was so much fun. It's worrying how much their in development games have just kinda disappeared. Overwatch 2 is just an expansion DLC, Diablo Immortal has vanished for 2 years now, and Diablo IV hasn't seen any updates really this year. Just Blizzard stating every few months "we are working on this!" and showing the absolute bare minimum of progress.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PantsBandit posted:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's in full maintenance mode in five years and stop coming out with new games altogether.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Did they fix that Warcraft game they hosed up?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gripweed posted:

No they abandoned it lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I love World of Warcraft, but I'm not feeling super great about the delay of Shadowlands. Their Game Systems and Class Design divisions have a looooooot of work to do to get them functioning properly in a capacity that isn't "Lets fix this in Patch x.1!".
Particularly with things like essentially shoehorning Tanks into one particular Covenant with all the Very Good Tank abilities; which you want if you're a raider.

This was also 100% the correct time to allow players to group with people from other factions, and they doubled down on Faction War yet again.

I dunno, maybe I'm just happy playing it casually now instead of trying to hardcore raid.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Infinitum, I’ll be betting on you mate. Don’t let me down. No pressure

Relatedly, is this game not currently in print. The prices seem high on a cursory google for the physical editions.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Infinitum is not the babyface in this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blizzard designed themselveds into a corner with WoW when they decided that each expansion had to redesign every class from the ground up each time. All anyone wanted was a level cap increase, a new class, and new races each expansion.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My only regret is that with all the new Twitch rules we can't run the Castlevania OSTs in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmY08X_4Bnc

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what is the big gimmick with the new expansion? i'll probably get sucked in, play the 10 levels (is it even 10 levels?) and quit again if the last 4 expansions are any indication.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

My only regret is that with all the new Twitch rules we can't run the Castlevania OSTs in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmY08X_4Bnc

oh right dang I was going to play bloodborne music

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Square-Enix has updated their Final Fantasy XVI website to include a bunch of new information about the world, and characters that will be in the game. https://na.finalfantasyxvi.com/world/

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Infinitum is not the babyface in this

I only root for heels.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I only root for heels.

Can't believe you'd do this to Hangman Page

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what is the big gimmick with the new expansion? i'll probably get sucked in, play the 10 levels (is it even 10 levels?) and quit again if the last 4 expansions are any indication.

If you're asking story/location, it's in the realm of the dead basically and Sylvanas hosed up how death works so instead of souls going to their various realms of the dead they are all being funneled into Super Hell which is causing all sorts of problems. I'm cautiously optimistic about the zones and story stuff because it sounds like a lot of it they get to come up with new stuff, which is what I loved so much about Pandaria.

If you're asking about the big gameplay gimmick, it's covenants which at max level you have to choose which covenant to join and you get exclusive mounts, gear, pets but most importantly exclusive abilities. That last thing is gonna end up being a problem because there's no way Blizzard is gonna be able to balance them (and that's already been proven true by the delay) and you're locked to only one. You can choose to go to other covenants if you want but you give up the stuff you get from the one you leave and if you want to go back it's not just a simple flip you can switch.

So who knows. The covenant thing doesn't really have an impact on me as I don't do raiding anymore outside of LFR so I'm looking forward to Shadowlands for story and zone stuff, but I think a lot of people are gonna be frustrated by covenants. Someone who really wants to join the vampires and has to instead join the enchanted forest because the ability is better for their class are not gonna be happy.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Macaluso posted:

If you're asking story/location, it's in the realm of the dead basically and Sylvanas hosed up how death works so instead of souls going to their various realms of the dead they are all being funneled into Super Hell which is causing all sorts of problems. I'm cautiously optimistic about the zones and story stuff because it sounds like a lot of it they get to come up with new stuff, which is what I loved so much about Pandaria.

If you're asking about the big gameplay gimmick, it's covenants which at max level you have to choose which covenant to join and you get exclusive mounts, gear, pets but most importantly exclusive abilities. That last thing is gonna end up being a problem because there's no way Blizzard is gonna be able to balance them (and that's already been proven true by the delay) and you're locked to only one. You can choose to go to other covenants if you want but you give up the stuff you get from the one you leave and if you want to go back it's not just a simple flip you can switch.

So who knows. The covenant thing doesn't really have an impact on me as I don't do raiding anymore outside of LFR so I'm looking forward to Shadowlands for story and zone stuff, but I think a lot of people are gonna be frustrated by covenants. Someone who really wants to join the vampires and has to instead join the enchanted forest because the ability is better for their class are not gonna be happy.

It was all this stuff collectively. This is the exact post I was hoping for.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Square-Enix has updated their Final Fantasy XVI website to include a bunch of new information about the world, and characters that will be in the game. https://na.finalfantasyxvi.com/world/

Honestly, this all looks pretty generic JRPG to me (although it is kinda cool to see the art from the older games "come to life" in a sense as fully realized graphics). However, if they keep and improve upon FF7 Remake's combat system, I am extremely down.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321776461062295558

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Can't believe you'd do this to Hangman Page

My understanding is that the anxious millennial cowboy transcends our petty categories of baby faces and heels.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Mothercrystal “ is a little funny

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Honestly, this all looks pretty generic JRPG to me (although it is kinda cool to see the art from the older games "come to life" in a sense as fully realized graphics). However, if they keep and improve upon FF7 Remake's combat system, I am extremely down.

I am kinda okay with this, because the worlds of FFXIII and XV made no sense to me, and I didn't really like them. I hope the characters are good. There's been too little shown so far to tell.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Gripweed posted:

They're still patching it, at least.

They're doing the important poo poo, like uhhhhhhhhhhh...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

it won't, it's a different team with the combat designer from dragon's dogma, it's going to have a different battle system

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gonna grapple a cactuar

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

homeless snail posted:

it won't, it's a different team with the combat designer from dragon's dogma, it's going to have a different battle system

Oh, word. It kinda looked similar from what I remember in the reveal trailer so maybe my brain is in a fog.

Still, I loved FF7R enough that I'll certainly pay attention to any new series stuff.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

:siren: Bingo Is Almost Over! :siren:

Accordingly, I will start handing out gangtags now. Quote this post with a picture of your bingo sheet and I will tag you up! If you don't quote me.

For completing one line:

For completing the entire square, your choice of:

Current forums policy is a max of three gangtags, so be sure to let me know what to do if this would put you over. You have the option to use [marquee] tags to have multiple tags on the same row, though there's still a character limit in the bbcode for custome titles.

I'll probably rerun bingo around January or so.

i'm sorry bowsette but my heart belongs to kirby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

niece/nephew nintendo observation log #235
koopalings are surprisingly popular - especially lemmy
They liked them in Mario Kart 8 then freaked out when they showed up in the NSMBU intro ("they each have their own airships?!?! LOOK LEMMY HAS HIS OWN AIRSHIP")

no love for bowser jr