Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i fell asleep guys, im sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Referee posted:

Kind of, yeah. I’ll have to give it a shot sometime. Not something you just pick up at the liquor store, is it?

that is precisely where you would be likely to find it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

btw i have nothin against you personally!! when im scum i just like to go for unorthodox strategy which is why i tried to kill you n1. i tried to do the same thing to mr steak in a previous game

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Intriguing. I had it in my head it was one of those “specialty” things. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s kinda hard to find up here in Mass but I’m lazy

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Mr. Humalong, Chariot (Town-Aligned Nexus/Death Delayer) was sent to the Birdcage Day 1!

quote:

You are a tinker with a knack for transportation.

Passively, you redirect actions targeting you to a random other player. This does not redirect night kills.

As a 2-shot ability, you can attempt to delay your own death by fleeing on your contraptions. You must use this ability the night you are targeted and will lose the charge even if not targeted.

Your goal is to get rid of all evildoers.

---

It is now Night 1.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

btw i have nothin against you personally!! when im scum i just like to go for unorthodox strategy which is why i tried to kill you n1. i tried to do the same thing to mr steak in a previous game

:hai:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Humalong (9): Referee, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, sirtommygunn, Referee, Referee, Amnistar, Amnistar, Hal Incandenza, SalTheBard, Dick Bastardly, Amnistar, b-minus1
Sandwolf (4): Amnistar, tithin, sirtommygunn, Amnistar, Hal Incandenza, sirtommygunn, Hal Incandenza, sirtommygunn, sirtommygunn, Mr. Humalong, Tommunist, SolusLunes
SolusLunes (2): Scientastic, ObamaAkbar.
ObamaAkbar. (1): A Sometimes Food, Amnistar, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, Amnistar
b-minus1 (1): Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Scientastic, t a s t e, Tommunist, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, sirtommygunn, Scientastic, Sandwolf, sirtommygunn, Bifauxnen, SolusLunes, Tommunist, SolusLunes
Scientastic (0): SalTheBard, b-minus1, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, SalTheBard, Dick Bastardly
Bifauxnen (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (0): t a s t e, t a s t e
tithin (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
Referee (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
t a s t e (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
sirtommygunn (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, b-minus1
SalTheBard (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
A Sometimes Food (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza
Tommunist (0): sirtommygunn, sirtommygunn

Not Voting (0):

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2020 at 4 a.m. CET -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Scientastic, Kid Cassandra (Town-Aligned Prophet) was hospitalized Night 1.

quote:

You are a young girl with a powerful precognitive ability.

At night, you can predict a death. If you predicted correctly while actions are being resolved, you can send one player a message before any further actions are resolved, allowing them to change their action.

Your goal is to get rid of all evildoers.

---

It is now Day 2.

No Lurker Guns were sent out today!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

:zombie: Go town! :zombie:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Quiet day?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

If you want to assign some intent to my shitposting I'm trying to get scum to target me so they'll waste their night action killing a complete idiot.

sirtommygunn posted:

Well if you want to play a nice mafia game with your friends around the forum and some new guy immediately starts saying the dumbest poo poo imaginable you might want to target them so the game can get back to being fun and interesting. Alternatively this is a new strategy I'm trying out to avoid being targeted night 1 because I'm really having a nice time with people and don't want it to end too soon. :kiddo:

This seems like a very weird, and unnecessary, defence for shitposting day one.

New and all but hrmmm. Day one mercy is reasonable but I think it should be kept in mind now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote b minus again

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

t a s t e posted:

##vote b minus again

Yep. Would like to see this one get done.

##vote binus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
^lol smh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Scum were behind the push to get humalong lunched. Time to go through the votes

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I do think the Sal and DB votes are not so hot so your words are not lost on me

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not going to be around much until later but I obviously have some re-evaluations to make in light of Hum’s flip. Sorry, Hum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh for transparency i didnt vote yesterday because i was not able to be entered into votefinder until the day had ended and was asked to wait until then

i was hoping to engage with sci today but it looks like a bunch of cowards went after him

##vote soluslunes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

looking forward to seeing what you come up with mate

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw could whoever said the thing maybe gimme a little sign today, doesn't have to be immediate, take your time and come up with something subtle

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

So yeah, b-, why'd you bring the hammer down if you believed humalong was for sure a town, and that the people pushing hardest for his death were scum?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

sirtommygunn posted:

So yeah, b-, why'd you bring the hammer down if you believed humalong was for sure a town, and that the people pushing hardest for his death were scum?

Also think STG is worth consideration today. Straight up said yesterday we should kill someone and it didn't matter who, now is roasting someone for hammering at <30 minutes to deadline.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Only because they explicitly stated they thought the vote was wrong and that I was scum, then did it anyway.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

sirtommygunn posted:

We need to see flips. Day 1 should never end in a no lunch. I’m pretty sure You said this multiple times yesterday.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

That’s like the least suspicious vote of all, come on. What’s he going to do try and rally 8 people at the last minutes to swap to someone else? Of course you hammer there whatever you think, especially D1 when there can’t possibly be any way to be “sure” outside of a confirmed masonry

Bad shade my friend

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote stg

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Alright, cool, we got an answer, thanks for jumping in to hand them their explanation everybody. Notice how I didn't vote in my post asking about it? Because I agreed with the conclusion, I just wanted to get an answer before we moved on.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

b-minus1 posted:

No just wanted to read the last page. ##vote humalong

:wth:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s like the least suspicious vote of all, come on. What’s he going to do try and rally 8 people at the last minutes to swap to someone else? Of course you hammer there whatever you think, especially D1 when there can’t possibly be any way to be “sure” outside of a confirmed masonry

maybe you do

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

##vote stg

that's lazy as hell

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

JOHN CENA posted:

oh for transparency i didnt vote yesterday because i was not able to be entered into votefinder until the day had ended and was asked to wait until then

i was hoping to engage with sci today but it looks like a bunch of cowards went after him

##vote soluslunes

:allears:

go on, explain the vote, I think I know your thought process, I just want to hear it

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Amnistar posted:

Also think STG is worth consideration today. Straight up said yesterday we should kill someone and it didn't matter who, now is roasting someone for hammering at <30 minutes to deadline.

Yeah, it's like a really bad "gotcha" for players who were voting with STG. What's STG's point there?

sirtommygunn posted:

Highly suspicious to think I'm suspicious enough to turbo vote but then go along with my plan to kill Humalong at my prompting.

"Highly suspicious to go along with me, the scum player"

wut lol

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote STG

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also feel like I need to do some rethinking about the game but I feel p good about this

##vote Solus

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Someone said earlier that bad posting is not as brilliant a scum tell as everyone seems to think, not feeling a tommy lunch today.

Solus however is still my top pick

##vote solus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

bad posting is not as brilliant a scum tell as everyone seems to think

Story of my life right here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I still don’t really see the case on tommy and probably won’t vote him. Don’t think binus’ hammer was that scummy though. Again, I think the scummy votes on Hum were (imo): Sal, Amni or DB

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Hal; where on the spectrum of townie/scummy does STG fall in your opinion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I just finished looking at all of the votes, plus skimming through yesterday’s posts. I think db is scum

This was the first post thst pinged me yesterday. He did this a few times, which seems like a scum tactic of faking content by asking others for their town/scum reads.

Dick Bastardly posted:

any take on who's good and/or a bad?

Dick Bastardly posted:

this seems self conscious, Sal are you scum

Dick Bastardly posted:

bminus, who do you think is scum?

He also put together a half assed scientastic case but unvoted almost immediately after.
Already voted stg after I did, even though he hasnt expressed any suspicion of him previously.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ok, actually Sci does put more effort in than I originally gave credit for on their Sol push

##unvote
This post is getting long and I’m on my phone and scared I’m gonna delete something. Just gonna hit submit. I’m thinking DB and solus are scum.
##vote DB