Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ratings?
boobs, cleavage, bulging junk in tight pants
cliffhangers
swears
unnaturally beautiful actors and cryptids
other ideas
View Results

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so it's my last two days as your feared ik and i want to address the elephant in the room... byob's ratings are down amongst our core audience. our board of overseers has cut funding and our missionaries have all either been assimilated by the tribes they went out to preach to or they've been lost to natural disasters, wild animal attacks or both simultaneously. there have been several ideas bandied about and i'd like to use this thread to discuss these and other ideas for getting our ratings back up:

1. more gratuitous nudity in thread tags
2. more cliffhangers at the end of pages
3. swears, lots and lots of swears, like we should talk like the cool kids do these days
4. byob posters be replaced by younger, more beautiful actors who are clearly in their late 20s to early 40s but are cast as teenagers in a dark yet tumultuous high school setting... with super powers... and vampires... and mummies

please use this thread to discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
subliminal messages. just embed the following key primal activator words into the forum stylesheet:

gently caress
SEX
KILL
DIE
MURDER
EXTREME rear end

Trying

"posting" is now sending a message for the hottest Yob to read out on twitch

Manifisto

I think part of the problem is that the snails we've been hiring are putting too much focus on "craft" and "method" instead of just being young dumb and cute. nobody reads byob for the witty snail banter, they want hotties.

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Unnaturally beautiful actors with bulging junk in tight pants wasn’t an option so I just voted bulging junk but I think we need the unnaturally beautiful actors as well tbh. I just saw the ratings numbers and :stonk: things are lookin rough.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Manifisto posted:

I think part of the problem is that the snails we've been hiring are putting too much focus on "craft" and "method" instead of just being young dumb and cute. nobody reads byob for the witty snail banter, they want hotties.

It’s really this. Folks just want to watch those sexy snails entwine. who cares if they can string a coherent sentence together.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Manifisto

we also lack the competitive aspect that younger demographics crave. nobody is voting each other out of threads or being eliminated with a witty catchphrase (e.g. "your hurf is durfed"). also we need some kind of prize that people throw each other under the bus for, like a weeklong pass to post in fyad without anybody being mean to you, or the right to close the subforum of your choice.

Gluten Free Dad

With regards to point 3, just pointing out that I'm British so if you need a dude who can liberally, carelessly throw the C word around, upset a lot of people, but then claim diplomatic immunity, I'm your guy

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Yeah I'm gonna have to vote for sexy 20-40 year olds to play teenage posters

Trying

i was gonna post like a young person posting as me but i have no idea how young people behave

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Ugh math is so hard like when am i even gonna use it *takes off shirt the way guys in movies do to reveal rippling 8pack abs* i just want to write music and like solve mysteries i guess

teenage life am i right? monsters and romance and *5 o clock shadow creeping in* yeah sex

Jinh

It's true we haven't been anywhere near as horny this month compared to September. Nude Spawn was a big hit, hop in the zoom meeting and let's brainstorm if it's possible for other comic book characters to become naked.

Manifisto

we need to build on the success of some of our classic properties. for example, why does the gf pour the blue fluid on the tampon only 1x/month? what if it was 2x or even 3x? the sky's the limit here and that's before considering other colors besides blue.

nut

Monster Energy's The Floor is Java Half-Caf full Guarana presents nut's post:

weird, i've been doing really well lately

Prof. Crocodile

well we've already tried stealing a bunch of disney property, and we have brought back fan favorite bo pepper.

i think that the logical next step is to kill off a popular character for a quick ratings boost. i would volunteer but i am not popular, so unfortunately i will have to continue living.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 29, 2020

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

oh but seriously I posted:

"posting" is now sending a message for the hottest Yob to read out on twitch

ok running with this idea, if we can raise $300 we can have lindsay lohan read our posts live!

https://www.cameo.com/lindsaylohan

also yes we need dumber but sexier snails

brb writing down the rest of these ideas on my yellow legal pad

Prof. Crocodile

Luvcow posted:

if we can raise $300 we can have lindsay lohan read our posts live!

also yes we need dumber but sexier snails

you have the solution in the same post as the problem

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
ok i love the idea of killing off a popular poster, i believe manifisto is already on it with his package of "bees" being sent out

and the writers are excited at this prospective storyline:

Evil Bob posted:

Ugh math is so hard like when am i even gonna use it *takes off shirt the way guys in movies do to reveal rippling 8pack abs* i just want to write music and like solve mysteries i guess

teenage life am i right? monsters and romance and *5 o clock shadow creeping in* yeah sex

we're toying with the idea of me being played by zac effron and i'll be a mummy with a crippling hedgehog addiction who swears a lot and never seems to wear a shirt

FutonForensic

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

It’s really this. Folks just want to watch those sexy snails entwine. who cares if they can string a coherent sentence together.

Well guess I better start now:

hey perverts LOOK at these psuedo-snails having a gently caress these pseudo-snails look at them GO AT IT with FULL FRONTAL SLIPPERY

:nws:

you like it??? no---you love it!!!

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

you have the solution in the same post as the problem

having lindsay lohan sing the "snail with human titties" song might legit be worth $300

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

hey perverts LOOK at these psuedo-snails having a gently caress these pseudo-snails look at them GO AT IT with FULL FRONTAL SLIPPERY

yes!!! we just scored a ratings boost!!!

Manifisto posted:

having lindsay lohan sing the "snail with human titties" song might legit be worth $300

omfg :stare: i think we are through the looking glass here...

Jinh

Manifisto posted:

:homebrew:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

the 18-35 demo tunes in for conflict! for sweeps week we need to start a (friendly, ironic) war with another subforum. I suggest P/C because we both like ghosts

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

we need to build on the success of some of our classic properties. for example, why does the gf pour the blue fluid on the tampon only 1x/month? what if it was 2x or even 3x? the sky's the limit here and that's before considering other colors besides blue.

i'm all for innovation but there are some things you just don't mess with imo

ty manifisto

SIDS Vicious

my rating of BYOB is 10/10 which is a very high rating and I will say this: ty for letting me come back I love you all

Goons Are Gifts

Search engine optimization for byob is already ordered, we will have to try to include FART gently caress HELL in every seventh post from now on

SIDS Vicious

bring back the snail with human titties the people demand it

Joey McChrist

FutonForensic posted:

*crowd of yobbers screaming FUTON FUTON like they're on Jerry Springer*

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

FutonForensic posted:

:vince:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’d go with partial nudity but nobody can tell if you’re naked or not. Do you think people would take your word for it? :thunk:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SIDS Vicious

ya gotta trust each other

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am wearing clothes, right now at least..

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
i got two words for you:

SHARK WEEK

Heather Papps

hello friend

Slush Garbo posted:

i got two words for you:

SHARK WEEK

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Sid Vicious posted:

bring back the snail with human titties the people demand it

we spearheaded a campaign to bring back the snails this summer and we sold three (3) issues of our swimsuit issue!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930329

Ass-penny

Luvcow posted:

so it's my last two days as your feared ik and i want to address the elephant in the room... byob's ratings are down amongst our core audience. our board of overseers has cut funding and our missionaries have all either been assimilated by the tribes they went out to preach to or they've been lost to natural disasters, wild animal attacks or both simultaneously. there have been several ideas bandied about and i'd like to use this thread to discuss these and other ideas for getting our ratings back up:

1. more gratuitous nudity in thread tags
2. more cliffhangers at the end of pages
3. swears, lots and lots of swears, like we should talk like the cool kids do these days
4. byob posters be replaced by younger, more beautiful actors who are clearly in their late 20s to early 40s but are cast as teenagers in a dark yet tumultuous high school setting... with super powers... and vampires... and mummies

please use this thread to discuss

I was excited to see cryptids in the poll, but when I read the OP it looks more like you are talking about monsters and not cryptids? We need drop bears! Fresno Nightcrawlers! Flat Bigfoot!

Also:

Slush Garbo posted:

i got two words for you:

SHARK WEEK

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Trying

SkunkApe OnlyFans

Joey McChrist

if you want to bring in the ratings you need tables ladders and chairs

Trying

A wedding episode always pops the numbers. Who we marrying Papps off to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
It looks like there's a significant dip in ratings once I wake up and start posting :thunkin: must be a coincidence

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut