Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh

Gluten Free Dad posted:

I'm going to start a Coffee Thread and it'll be way cooler than this thread and periodically we'll come into this thread all hopped up on caffeine and ready to jostle the heck out of you.

We're gonna dunk your posts into exactly 165 degree water for precisely 2 minutes

E: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gluten Free Dad

Jinh posted:

We're gonna dunk your posts into exactly 165 degree water for precisely 2 minutes

E: :synpa:

I hope you brought a dang jostleproof vest, friend, because I've got my jostlin' pants on and I'm ready to get pretty drat feisty

Escape From Noise

Post more threads imho

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
pullin my pants up fixing my belt side to side getting VERY rustled about tea

Gluten Free Dad

*swaggers into thread chewing some coffee beans, spits the soily goop into a nearby spittoon and it sounds like a bell, looks around the thread with an air of menace*

Personally, I prefer coffee.

*the women faint, the men start to sweat and shuffle nervously in their seats*

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gluten Free Dad posted:

*swaggers into thread chewing some coffee beans, spits the soily goop into a nearby spittoon and it sounds like a bell, looks around the thread with an air of menace*

Here it is folks-the dangerous effects of coffee. Aggression, tendency towards violence, lack of capacity for logical thought, lack of executive function...the list goes on.

If you want to stay chill, stick to lovely cups of tea.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Gluten Free Dad

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Here it is folks-the dangerous effects of coffee. Aggression, tendency towards violence, lack of capacity for logical thought, lack of executive function...the list goes on.

If you want to stay chill, stick to lovely cups of tea.

I'll kill you

(with a goddamn double espresso caffeine injection, you'll be wired for hours)

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gluten Free Dad posted:

I'll kill you

(with a goddamn double espresso caffeine injection, you'll be wired for hours)
QED
:mods:

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I like the headspace a nice pu-erh gets me in. Coffee drinkers will never know the pleasure.

Gluten Free Dad

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I like the headspace a nice pu-erh gets me in. Coffee drinkers will never know the pleasure.

*gets in your headspace* u wot m8? u bleddy wot?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I don't know what poo urr is but I have reached that the conclusion that I only really like tea that goes well with milk.

Amp

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I don't know what poo urr is but I have reached that the conclusion that I only really like tea that goes well with milk.

Without getting too into the weeds and too specific about processes and such, it's tea that's been fermented (the leaves, not the liquor).

biosterous

drinking a nice simple lemon tea at work while waiting for some automated processing to finish

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

poverty goat

I'm drinking tea :coffee:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

poverty goat posted:

I'm drinking tea :coffee:

What kind???

Amp

guess what i'm drinking?

it's tea!

what kind?

oolong of course!

atriptothebeach

Gluten Free Dad posted:

جعل الله الدنيا لك ولجميع الشعوب أفضل مكان للعيش
اقنعوا من حياتكم بهوى الفن وسحر الطبيعة
واحلموا بالطيور في ظلل الأغ صان بين التحليق والتغريد

Jinh

thanks so much cda <3

Escape From Noise

Bitch, I'm sippin' tea in yo hood, what the gently caress is up?

Amp

working from home today which means drinking an illegal quantity of tea.

Gluten Free Dad

Drinking the devil's tea (coffee).

poverty goat

Hattialli Estate TGFBOP Assam

City of Glompton

Gluten Free Dad posted:

Drinking the devil's tea (coffee).

same :twisted:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Macnult

popping in to say if you buy valerian root not only does it help you sleep at night but it’s also disco poo poo catnip

Jinh

i made lapsang and tried to do a goofy "smores over a campfire" thing by adding a little chocolate syrup and and threw in a cinnamon stick to represent graham cracker.

a cinnamon stick, it turns out, is a *lot* of cinnamon. not bad though.

thanks so much cda <3

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

this is the thread for me

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Trollipop

hippin and hoppin
Some days I miss the tea I'd drink in Morocco. I don't exactly know what was in it but it was pretty good, Moroccans love their tea

Escape From Noise

Doctor Dogballs posted:

this is the thread for me

Welcome tea friend.

I gave my friend a gift today. The gift of tea.

Escape From Noise

Had some rooibos. It was a nice way to relax after a very intense 4 days of seeing a friend who apparently cannot set out a skeleton of a travel plan to save her life.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Gluten Free Dad

Coffee gang here to ruin your poo poo, get ready for a jostling the likes of which you've never experienced

Escape From Noise

Gluten Free Dad posted:

Coffee gang here to ruin your poo poo, get ready for a jostling the likes of which you've never experienced

Hey. It's okay. I know you're insecure and that's why you lash out like this, but it's okay. We aren't judging you here for drinking coffee. You can do that all you want, but there's some tea too if you're interested

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Gluten Free Dad

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Hey. It's okay. I know you're insecure and that's why you lash out like this, but it's okay. We aren't judging you here for drinking coffee. You can do that all you want, but there's some tea too if you're interested

Gonna give your lapels such a ruffling bro

Escape From Noise

Gluten Free Dad posted:

Gonna give your lapels such a ruffling bro

[In psychic kid from the matrix voice] There are no lapels.

Amp

tea update: i had bought a bunch of pressed 7g cakes at some point and they were all labeled individually with stickers on the foil on the cake. About half of them had the labels fall off so I'm shootin' into the dark with figuring out what I'm actually drinking (it was a mix of oolongs and black teas) and it's kind of fun to just go with whatever I unwrap.

Escape From Noise

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tea update: i had bought a bunch of pressed 7g cakes at some point and they were all labeled individually with stickers on the foil on the cake. About half of them had the labels fall off so I'm shootin' into the dark with figuring out what I'm actually drinking (it was a mix of oolongs and black teas) and it's kind of fun to just go with whatever I unwrap.

Nice!

Jinh

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

that would drive me up a wall, im new to the tea game so i have to triplecheck the steep time and temps on everything

thanks so much cda <3

Amp

Jinh posted:

that would drive me up a wall, im new to the tea game so i have to triplecheck the steep time and temps on everything

i just do everything that isn't green at boiling and timing is not really that different between black and oolong for me. i gave up being meticulous about temps and times a while ago and it's served me well, unless you go way over time and don't boil greens you'll be fine and will usually have something delicious at the end.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I'm gonna make some fresh ginger tea and walk around town sippin' it, wearing a big sweater and a scarf and smiling at trees.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

biosterous

i usually leave the bag in my mug so that the tea gets stronger as i drink it :evilbuddy:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

biosterous posted:

i usually leave the bag in my mug so that the tea gets stronger as i drink it :evilbuddy:

:getout:

4 minutes and pull it.

I mean do whatever makes you happy I am not the czar of tea (yet)