Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well you're going to get more! Season 12 is a go baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
On a scale of 'not much' to 'just enough', how much Ray is in the current season? He's my favourite.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HopperUK posted:

On a scale of 'not much' to 'just enough', how much Ray is in the current season? He's my favourite.

'Just Enough' he gets some great lines too, especially in the final episode.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

'Just Enough' he gets some great lines too, especially in the final episode.

Hooray, thank you.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm not crazy in that this episode Archer saw Lana flickering like last season when he was coming out of his coma on the space station, right? I really hope they don't go with "he's still in a coma after all!!!" because that would taint the end of last season which I'm not gonna lie made me tear up a bit

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'm not crazy in that this episode Archer saw Lana flickering like last season when he was coming out of his coma on the space station, right? I really hope they don't go with "he's still in a coma after all!!!" because that would taint the end of last season which I'm not gonna lie made me tear up a bit

Elaborate, fake coma recovery prank!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Medullah posted:

Nah, that was just a hallucination brought about by a combination of hypothermia and residual brain damage caused from the drowning that caused Archer to become comatose in the first place.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah they're definitely hinting that he's not fully recovered.

Could be a fun subplot for next year.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

I wish someone had brought this up earlier....

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

tarlibone posted:

I wish someone had brought this up earlier....

Y'know I saw the post about Crackers but I guess I was blind. My defense is I was on a conference call.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Y'know I saw the post about Crackers but I guess I was blind. My defense is I was on a conference call.

Naaaah, I'm just bustin' yer chops a little. I don't know how many times I've made a Brilliant, Insightful Post® that brings to light something that I, and only I*, noticed. (*: List of people who noticed what I posted about : I, Only I, and two other people who have been talking about it for the one page that I skipped so I could hurry up and reply to a thread I've been ignoring for a week.)

I really wish there were some more episodes in this season.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What was the deal with all the hallucinations towards the end? Are they hinting that Archer is still in a coma?

What, is he gonna wake up again next season, only this time the gang is a successful drug cartel?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What was the deal with all the hallucinations towards the end? Are they hinting that Archer is still in a coma?

What, is he gonna wake up again next season, only this time the gang is a successful drug cartel?

He's not still in a coma ("I'll just wait for the next one" "There is no next one!"), but he is still being effected by the damage the coma did to his body.

Archer hosed up, and that gently caress up had a major effect on his life. He did get to raise his daughter, Lana married someone else, and he needs a cane to walk and also probably suffered brain damage. The hallucinations were a visual reminder of what this season has been about : Archer trying to adjust to real life and having varying degrees of success at doing so.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I :lol:'d at the last line. :discourse:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

if the gimmick is he wakes up from a coma every season and has to relearn that Woodhouse died, it could work for 2, maybe even 3 seasons before getting stale!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is that it for the season? Some of y'all are talkin' like it's over.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

See you next year!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Yep.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

:aaaaa:

oh noes
:smith:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

drat. Strong return. I checked out halfway through the Noir season and didn't come back until this season because for some reason I can't begin to give a poo poo about things that aren't canon. My brain is an rear end in a top hat. Can't enjoy prequels for the same reason.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

drat. Strong return. I checked out halfway through the Noir season and didn't come back until this season because for some reason I can't begin to give a poo poo about things that aren't canon. My brain is an rear end in a top hat. Can't enjoy prequels for the same reason.

Space season is really fun, though the highlight is Mr. Deadly and can be watched completely stand alone and if you think your brain is going to nope out you gotta at least watch that one. It has Matt Berry!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Season was very good but Ep 7 would have been stronger to go out on than what we got in Ep 8

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Jessica Walter has passed :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Small White Dragon posted:

Jessica Walter has passed :(

I knew this day would come eventually, but I still hate it :smith:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Fuuuuck that’s a bummer. She was awesome.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Her scene where she kills the Nazis in Danger Island is one of my all time favorites.

RIP to a legendary entertainer. The world is darker today.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Awful news.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Malory Archer: when the walls fell.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I literally checked out in noir season, and then over this last week watched space season and this most currently season, and finished last night, and was stoked there was more to come. Very sad to hear about her passing. She really was a no fucks given legend.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It really is lovely news, we lost someone great.

What more is there to say.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I always liked when she popped up in something.

Sterling Archer is not going to take this news well especially after just waking up to a dead woodhouse.

This show lost a lot of cast didn't it?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

That’s what happens when you hire actual old people instead of just having a 28 year old do a voice.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
*sees 10 new posts in the Archer thread*
:unsmith:

*reads the posts*

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

pixaal posted:

Sterling Archer is not going to take this news well especially after just waking up to a dead woodhouse.

Good news is she apparently already recorded all her lines for the next season

https://deadline.com/2021/03/jessica-walter-archer-season-12-voiceover-final-season-malory-fxx-1234722235/

...but yeah, the season after that... ooh boy.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

*sees 10 new posts in the Archer thread*
:unsmith:
*reads the posts*

tbh I feel like this is my reaction in a lot of threads lately.

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 26, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They'll probably rearrange her dialogue in post-production to give her a proper sendoff.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

They'll probably rearrange her dialogue in post-production to give her a proper sendoff.

I wonder if they had some contingency dialogue for something like this. I would think with an animated show it would make sense to have something in the can for your high risk talent (old as hell, smack habit, romantically involved with Courtney Love, that kind of thing)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I don't think a director would ask an actor to do a bunch of scenes or lines of dialogue in case they die, no.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Grem posted:

I don't think a director would ask an actor to do a bunch of scenes or lines of dialogue in case they die, no.

Ah yes, notably sane and reasonable people, directors.

Werner Herzog would say anyone who doesn't is a coward.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If Werner Herzog asked an actor to record dialog in case they died, how would they tell the difference between that and his normal directorial requests in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Yeah, definitely going with no deliberate recording of dialogue in case she died.

On the other hand, I can definitely see rewrites where they take dialogue she already recorded and write around it to give her a nice send-off in the show.