Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm really glad I didn't do that then. That's stupid as hell that they charge you full price plus you have to keep subscribing to gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
Uh, you thought you would get the game+upgrade for the price of the upgrade? Truly a mystery why microsoft wouldn't allow that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Xakura posted:

Uh, you thought you would get the game+upgrade for the price of the upgrade? Truly a mystery why microsoft wouldn't allow that.

I don't think you understand. The full price of the deluxe edition is 90 dollars. If you have game pass and go to try to buy the deluxe upgrade in game, the price is 90 dollars. If it was just an upgrade, it would cost 30 dollars and require you to keep game pass going for the 60 dollar base version.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

skooma512 posted:

I remember when Arma 3 came out with workshop support. In Arma 2 and back you had all kinds of random sites hosting mods. Cobbled together installers and updaters for core mods like Six Updater. Then the workshop came out and all that poo poo just went to Steam. We're not limited by hosting because it's not just some Czech guy's fan site or beholden to rickety homebrew installers that barely work.

ATS/ETS2 support Steam Workshop as well but it's not very useful because the lead poisoned boomers who are a big part of the community absolutely refuse to distribute on anything but their own sites

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xakura posted:

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think you understand. The full price of the deluxe edition is 90 dollars. If you have game pass and go to try to buy the deluxe upgrade in game, the price is 90 dollars. If it was just an upgrade, it would cost 30 dollars and require you to keep game pass going for the 60 dollar base version.

Correct. I paid for the full deluxe version after first playing the game through Game Pass.

Paid $108.86. The rep from Microsoft said I would either have to get Game Pass again or just outright buy the game again from the MS store.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Romes128 posted:

Correct. I paid for the full deluxe version after first playing the game through Game Pass.

Paid $108.86. The rep from Microsoft said I would either have to get Game Pass again or just outright buy the game again from the MS store.

:psyduck:

What a scam, holy poo poo.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The premium edition upgrade (as in, without the full version which you already should have) in the store is also somehow more expensive than if you bought the whole thing from the start :psyduck:

Idk if they think my copy is still gamepass or they priced it with GP in mind, but I have a standard license now. You would pay like 140 if you got the standard edition and then upgraded in the store later.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

skooma512 posted:

The premium edition upgrade (as in, without the full version which you already should have) in the store is also somehow more expensive than if you bought the whole thing from the start :psyduck:

Idk if they think my copy is still gamepass or they priced it with GP in mind, but I have a standard license now. You would pay like 140 if you got the standard edition and then upgraded in the store later.

They wanted to incentivize buying the version you wanted from the beginning.

And to clarify: yes the upgrade costs more, but you're not buying a license to the full game, you're only buying the additional content. If you lose your license to the game, by like stopping game pass, then yes you lose access to the game it's not a super complicated chain of events.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

the microsoft defender has logged on

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Another call with ms and they explained that for the price of the deluxe edition i didn’t buy the deluxe edition I bought digital currency which covered the cost of the deluxe edition... which is insane but ok.

But that can’t be changed to a ms store purchase even though I bought the deluxe version in game not through Xbox game pass. Even though the store recognizes I have the game downloaded and installed but when I hit play I get an error like when the game hadn’t been released yet.

There are other people online complaining about the same thing but no solution. Guess I’ll eat the $10 a month for pc game pass.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Honestly don’t buy the premium editions barring:
-definite interest in several of the airports (one or two will be cheaper to buy third party payware which is potentially better quality)
-and/or a pathological need to have one of the variants of planes right now and you can’t wait.

The fact that their stock planes are so broken and the community can’t fix premium ones sucks. The extra airports are cool but I bet you’d be better off picking and choosing unless you really need the ones they offer. (I also personally tend to undervalue airports because I prefer flying lots of different places instead of the same few other than airports I know well IRL.)

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Would someone please make a C-2 greyhound simulator where I can pretend to fly back and forth from a CBG and keep it supplied.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Romes128 posted:

Another call with ms and they explained that for the price of the deluxe edition i didn’t buy the deluxe edition I bought digital currency which covered the cost of the deluxe edition... which is insane but ok.

But that can’t be changed to a ms store purchase even though I bought the deluxe version in game not through Xbox game pass. Even though the store recognizes I have the game downloaded and installed but when I hit play I get an error like when the game hadn’t been released yet.

There are other people online complaining about the same thing but no solution. Guess I’ll eat the $10 a month for pc game pass.

Well if you're going to have to have GamePass, you might as well take full advantage. There's a lot of good games on there. Subnautica, Outer Worlds, Halo Master Chief Collection, Crusader Kings 3, Age of Empires 3, The Metro franchise, Forza, Sea of Thieves, Void Bastards, Frostpunk, FTL, Cities: Skylines, No Man's Sky, Stellaris. It's a pretty good value if you like a wide variety of games. If you're just into flight sims though, that's a bummer.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Scruff McGruff posted:

Well if you're going to have to have GamePass, you might as well take full advantage. There's a lot of good games on there. Subnautica, Outer Worlds, Halo Master Chief Collection, Crusader Kings 3, Age of Empires 3, The Metro franchise, Forza, Sea of Thieves, Void Bastards, Frostpunk, FTL, Cities: Skylines, No Man's Sky, Stellaris. It's a pretty good value if you like a wide variety of games. If you're just into flight sims though, that's a bummer.

I'm sure that is a comfort for him as microsoft scammed him out of a $60 value.

BMan posted:

the microsoft defender has logged on

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also I’m getting 75 FPS on a 3080 at 1440 just with the level of detail sliders set to 100. I’m sure there’s other settings I can change but for now those made the biggest difference. Game looks awesome.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Speaking of gold/premium editions, is there a way to get an SR22 as a standalone add-on?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Update is out...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-10-7-0-update-5-now-available/

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

quote:

Huge hole in Brazil has been fixed

Love this.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Xakura posted:

I'm sure that is a comfort for him as microsoft scammed him out of a $60 value.

To be clear, I agree that's total horseshit. Just trying to help him make the best of it.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Installing and hoping it fixes the Lightning Everywhere bullshit (even though it doesn't mention fixing it directly.)

That and the crashing was why I put this down two patches ago. Hoping maybe I can enjoy this again, though! Honeycomb stuff is coming soon!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Good patch, if true

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Getting the DLC without the game makes total sense from the Game pass policy point of view. They warn you as much but maybe not as prominently as they could. It's just MSFS deluxe add-ons are an insane gotcha where the add on costs as much as a new license so it sure feels like fraud when your game pass flight sim links you to the DLC for $90 instead of the full license for $90.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Trip report: I do not think there is thunder and lightning everywhere. I haven't tested autopilot to see if its hosed still, but this bodes well for me wanting to fly again!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Trip report: I do not think there is thunder and lightning everywhere. I haven't tested autopilot to see if its hosed still, but this bodes well for me wanting to fly again!

wait finally no clear skies lighting.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

tater_salad posted:

wait finally no clear skies lighting.

Not for me in a few different trial location/weather settings!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Xplane 11 is in the Steam sale for 34 bucks (42% discount). Sweet as, can't wait to try it tonight.

Probably gonna snag the Mi-8 module for DCS after the 1st too.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

There's a Long-EZ and a Mooney in the in-game store now. Has anyone tried either of them?

e: patch notes:

quote:

UI
Press any key to start screen is now automatically skipped at launch

gently caress YEAH

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

There's a Long-EZ and a Mooney in the in-game store now. Has anyone tried either of them?

gently caress YEAH

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE TRAINS?!

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

gently caress YEAH

Really all they had to do was move the 'push any key' screen to the end of all the loads. Make it so when you click you're immediately at the menu so they could still have their cool animated screen if they wanted it. But i'll take this too.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I think the new patch is OK? I didn't experience a lot of the autopilot woes of the last couple patches (as I quit around Patch 4 because it was getting so arduous to deal with the bugs), and I have not really ever been using VNAV in anything but the Airbus, which I play with modded. FLC was a tiny bit wonky on my climbout in a King Air, but ultimately some of that might have been weather + weight and me trying to compensate. I'm cruising now and its holding steady despite a hell of a crosswind from the jet stream.

No weather issues related to thunder and lightning everywhere, live weather seems to be working pretty well though it still has the "works once and then you have to restart" issue.

Running Azure ATC and live downloading terrain and all that, no game crashing so far, it's been running about an hour. Performance is roughly the same, but thats just eyeballing it, not measuring average FPS.

The King Air still doesn't have a functional baro knob lol.

In any case, it seems like there's enough stability and I'm currently free of many of the bugs keeping me from playing, so I should be good to get some flying in again! :woop:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
My big hope of getting a 3070 this morning was dashed. So we’ll still can’t play the game with decent frame rate.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

soggybagel posted:

My big hope of getting a 3070 this morning was dashed. So we’ll still can’t play the game with decent frame rate.

Not sure if you're in the market for a specific card/brand but EVGA made a queue for the 3080, I'd bet they'd do something similar for the 3070.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The new patch reset all my xbox controller binds yet again. gently caress's sake

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Aw gently caress, by the end of my flight the weather had cleared and I started getting random lightning again. But maybe the occurrence of it is improved?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/MSFS_Support/status/1321927413853425664

Asobo continues to deliver. Sounds like it might be an issue with Fanatec rudder pedals.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Maybe I was just an edge case but I feel like the closed alpha was nearly rock solid, UI idiosyncrasies aside. I had the game for a couple months on GamePass when it released and I feel like it took a few pretty major steps back. I cancelled GamePass after 2 months and at this rate it'll be a year or so before I jump back in. Wish they could have just waited to release until like January.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

sellouts posted:

https://twitter.com/MSFS_Support/status/1321927413853425664

Asobo continues to deliver. Sounds like it might be an issue with Fanatec rudder pedals.

Getting the crashing myself, but don't have Fanatecs. Tried disabling my MFG Crosswinds, but didn't help.

Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

No A/P issues so far but I haven’t tried an instrument approach yet so not sure if that is still bugged.

Less lightning happening in Florida but still more than would be ideal.

Working Title G1000/3000 displays semi broken but still flyable, they’re already working on a fix.

Overall solid patch 8/10

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
I have noticed that, even with the FlyByWire mod for the A320, the fuel usage seems to be higher than what the flight computers show. The total amount of fuel burned on the screen is not consistent with what is shown on the actual fuel menu and the effective range seems to be fairly shorter than what the A320neo should be able to achieve.

Meanwhile on the 787 the fuel burn seems to be literally a third of what it should be. One hell of an airplane you made Boeing, the range on this thing is like 36 hours of flight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I managed an ILS approach (and even an AI ATC managed descent!) in the King Air. Rode it right down to about 500ft RA with no issue just today. Again, caveat I don’t know how often it hosed up on the previous patch.

I also have the navigraph beta AIRAC installed and while I don’t think this has a thing to do with it, it could.