Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Washout posted:

Seriously though I go through flats of the Chaokoh coconut milk making a lot of curries and soups and now I feel bad for the poor monkeys.

I always think that I'll start harvesting and making my own, but by god peeling and cooking the coconuts is just one of those things that only a few aunties do and then they make all their grandchildren prep the coconuts.

same, those flats of Chaokoh coconut milk owns. gently caress Thai Kitchen coconut milk. those flats are the cheapest for the most part. (Trader Joes used to have REALLY cheap good Coconut Milk and still do, but prices have gone up a lot since 99cent cans to more like $1.6)

is there plans to get rid of those then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Oh poo poo I forgot—Redmond WA Costco has an automated coffee machine in the food court! Is this going to be a thing now?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

theres one at the sodo location too with a sign on it saying not to put trash inside it lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Yeah what they meant was to *steam* them to 165 internally to make sure they don't char.

Just put it in an air fryer you sick fucks.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I’ve met a few monkeys and they are giant assholes that wouldn’t do this labor without proper pay. This sounds like a scam to take down big monkey and hurt the coconut milk industry by making them use high fructose corn syrup.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The North Tower posted:

Got the Mac and Jack’s red beer at Costco in the SEA area. Super good, would recommend.

I’d never seen African Amber in cans before, picked up two six-packs yesterday when I was there. I assume that’s a COVID move, so better to get it while it lasts.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

Just put it in an air fryer you sick fucks.

Put a couple wauggy steaks in an instant pot. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a jar of salsa (sounds weird I know). Pressure cook for 30 minutes, natural release.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

medchem posted:

The pickled asparagus looked good, but I was afraid they’d be mushy like canned asparagus. How is the texture?

It's some of the best pickled asparagus I've had (though pretty salty). Not crisp (as with almost any jarred, pickled product), but certainly not mushy. Still has some decent texture and doesn't just fall apart.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Put a couple monkeys in an instant pot. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a jar of salsa (sounds weird I know). Pressure cook for 30 minutes, natural release.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fischtick posted:

Put a couple wauggy steaks in an instant pot. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a jar of salsa (sounds weird I know). Pressure cook for 30 minutes, natural release.

:mods:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I would never buy steak that expensive cause I know I'd gently caress it up.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that steak sounds good but not $200 good

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

SirPablo posted:

I would never buy steak that expensive cause I know I'd gently caress it up.

I'd be worried about that as well. My Costco had those steaks like a month ago, not sure if they still have them or not. They weren't very thick steaks either. The price was $100/lb and it cost like $160 for the pack of two.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’ve experimented with some of the choice and prime beef since asking a few months ago. My personal recommendation is to get choice beef loin and prime ribeyes/T-bones. Eat less but make it count. The reason you can go lower on the loin is that it’s a fattier cut already, and you’ll be baking it most likely with some additional prep anyway. But don’t buy $200 Japanese steaks, that’s just absurd.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Why not buy $200 steaks? They're not likely to get cheaper, and it's fun. This isn't $3600 in candles.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

poisonpill posted:

. But don’t buy $200 Japanese steaks, that’s just absurd.

Sir do you realize you’re in the Costco thread

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Do you not realize how many plaid shirts ad bags of Normandy vegetables you could get for those steaks?!?!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Do you not realize how many plaid shirts ad bags of Normandy vegetables you could get for those steaks?!?!

It's like ten fleece pullovers!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

That's a loving joke right. You get a steaks internals to 165 you might as well throw it in the trash.

Edit: I feel I've been baited, but if it's the US there's nothing regulating the term wagyu check the actual marbling on the meat before you spend 200€ on a cut of meat

Given the ketchup reference, I have to assume that's Donald Trump's account

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are these from cows actually from japan though or is it the ones from Oregon with the stolen japanese bull semen

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'd just get some PRIME steaks and use the rest of that money on something else. IMO.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I can't speak to the quality of the steaks available at Costco (yet), but I had real wagyu in Japan last year and I would absolutely pay $200 to experience that again.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm pretty happy with the CHOICE steaks I get at Costco, they seem to be much better quality than the choice steaks at the grocery store. I did splurge on a PRIME prime rib last new year's eve.

Just looking for a dumb purchase as I will not be buying another jamon this year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I'm pretty happy with the CHOICE steaks I get at Costco, they seem to be much better quality than the choice steaks at the grocery store.

They are definitely a *AHEM* cut above supermarket choice. :blastu:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The "Wagyu" ground beef I found there once was pretty great. It was basically just the organic ground beef, but higher quality and a touch more expensive. Made some great burgers.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Gimme a tube steak.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are these from cows actually from japan though or is it the ones from Oregon with the stolen japanese bull semen

Please for the love of god let’s update the thread title to this.

Costco: stolen Japanese bull semen

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

AnoHito posted:

The "Wagyu" ground beef I found there once was pretty great. It was basically just the organic ground beef, but higher quality and a touch more expensive. Made some great burgers.

"Wagyu ground beef" is a sin, wtf

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

How the hell else are you going to roll it up into a breadcrumb mix to make waygu meatballs?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

shadow puppet of a posted:

How the hell else are you going to roll it up into a breadcrumb mix to make waygu meatballs?

Or make bone dry burgers with ‘chup.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

StormDrain posted:

Why not buy $200 steaks? They're not likely to get cheaper, and it's fun. This isn't $3600 in candles.

The problem is it should be half the size, just like the muffins. If you're cooking for 4, a
1.75-2lb package is probably more than a lot of people are comfortable with eating. The light packages of 1.75lbs is a serving for 7-9 people.

Look at it this way, a 3.5oz serving (that's "8 people" in the above example) has as much fat in it as 3/4 of a stick of butter.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 30, 2020

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

number 1 snake fan posted:

Crunchy Asian Sports Dip

1 lb. wagyu ground beef
15 oz. Rotel diced tomatoes
8 oz. (1 package) Philadelphia cream cheese
La Choy Crunchy noodles
Hoisin sauce

Brown the beef for 15-20 minutes, or until it's bone dry, draining any and all fat. Add tomatoes and cream cheese and combine. Transfer to serving dish, top with crunchy noodles and Hoisin sauce.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

please edit your post to preface in a long personal story before that recipe.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

shadow puppet of a posted:

please edit your post to preface in a long personal story before that recipe.

Don't forget the ad right smack dab in the middle of the ingredient list

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Do it quickly so I can comment "Great recipe! but I changed the wagyu to pork, the tomatoes to mushrooms, the cream cheese to margarine, and noodles to potatoes. I kept the hoisin sauce! My husbo loves that stuff!"

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

number 1 snake fan posted:

To be fair, they aren't getting prime cuts from the whole cow. You still have to do something with all that chuck and offcuts
Wagyu is just a breed, so you aren't always gonna be getting the silly Japanese steaks either.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

Don't forget the ad right smack dab in the middle of the ingredient list

When Jeffrey of YOSPOS puts the recipe on the front page, I'll ask him to put several PRINT RECIPE buttons throughout the back-story about how I was a blue collar city boy who was whisked off his feet to rural Wyoming by his rancher wife and learned not only how to make the food of the people there, but that I loved to make their food. The buttons will be mostly non-functional, but will sometimes display a pop-up with a 1" viewing window containing the first lines of the recipe.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Fartington Butts posted:

Do it quickly so I can comment "Great recipe! but I changed the wagyu to pork, the tomatoes to mushrooms, the cream cheese to margarine, and noodles to potatoes. I kept the hoisin sauce! My husbo hubby loves that stuff!"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Just today I made a recipe that spent way too much effort trying to advertise how much your kids will love it and you'll break through even the most picky eaters.

There was exactly 0 main ingredients in there I would've eaten as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
The secret to getting kids over food hangups is to have them help select and prepare the food. My kids didn't like tomato sauce until I had them help me make it from scratch (well, I used canned diced tomatoes). Now they get excited about it.