Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm kind of confused on who has been in control of Chainsaw Man's body during all of this. I thought it was Pochita, but seeing him interact with Power and from his past few conversations with Denji he's always been more high functioning than how Chainsaw Man has been acting. Though I guess he did just act like a dog before he died the first time so maybe he's just weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The official scanlation is out and Mrs President its been an honor

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
That line is a triumph of localization.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the zombie line balances it out

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1320816477260468225

holy poo poo must watch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pierson posted:

https://twitter.com/DaTeMaKiO_/status/1320583422482345985

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wait, so this means Makima masterminded Pochita fusing with Denji in the first place?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Wait, so this means Makima masterminded Pochita fusing with Denji in the first place?

Probably not, considering that she was surprised by Denji's existence in the first chapter, and Zombie was very, very dead at the time.

She probably just slipped into Hell with Prinz's powers to grab a useful Devil. (Or zombie died again, and she found it on Earth.)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Wow, that is a nice summary.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I believe in Power. With her new advanced blood control I wonder if she’ll use it to suddenly pull all the Makima goons’ blood into Denji to revive him

Porchita’s face was so funny at the end

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i believe that power will do something really funny but not at all helpful

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
POWER

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pierson posted:

I think i found one of her campaign posters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

a kitten posted:

I think i found one of her campaign posters

Lmfao

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
This manga keeps outdoing itself.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

You are clearly not paying attention. Power just caught Denji, she’s Makimas most useful pet.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Darth TNT posted:

You are clearly not paying attention. Power just caught Denji, she’s Makimas most useful pet.

She made all of this happen! The glory is hers!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I suspect Madam President is going to surreptitiously steal Denji's heart, and hand over the chainsaw shell to Makima.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Proud to display this on my bookshelf

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Reading from the start and interestingly Denji’s gang boss describes him in the opening pages as obedient as a dog.

Also I wonder if the time Denji couldn’t find Pochita and looked all over before find8ng him at h9me crying will show up again. Was Pochita doing something then.

Also forgot how sick the first Kon summoning is

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
You know, what really amuses me from the latest chapter is that, because of how Power is posing she is absolutely, constantly showing someone her rear end in a top hat, often Makima. She is clearly a cat.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

On my reread and I forgot how strong Kobeni is. Himeno mentions how strong she is and she owns snake and katana at one point without using her devil. High she refused to name at the dinner and still hasn’t shown. Hopping she does something super sick soon

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/QVFsTeL

speed trans

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
chainsaw man is the hero of hell

but a hero needs.....a super power........

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Whew.

Goodbye Power. You were a better...fiend than most gave you credit for.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Goodbye and thank you for everything, Power. See you in hell someday.

And now don't you loving dare let it be in vain, Denji.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This Manga can be so sweet when it wants to be.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
That movie theater chapter is starting to make sense now

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Goodbye Power, you beautiful thing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:unsmith:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The Future Is...

Well, it has potential...

Did not expect this manga to make the fulfillment of the prophecy that Denji would *actually* kill Power to be so heartfelt

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 30, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Archenteron posted:

The Future Is...

Well, it has potential...

Did not expect this manga to make the fulfillment of the prophecy that Denji would *actually* kill Power to be so heartfelt

I don't think this counts.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Schneider Heim posted:

I don't think this counts.

Oh I think it does Power was not dead before in so far as she still had her form and her memories somewhere apparently, now that she has sacrificed herself for Denji, her time as the blood devil on earth is over and she's set to be reborn in Hell. She's dead and it was Denji's situation that caused her final death (she could have stayed alive hanging with Makima).

I kinda get the impression now that Future is really powered by the fear of the unknown that comes with the future. The Devil can see it, but you can't so it leaves you with information that causes you dread, but may not be actually truthful or accurate to the explicit words Future used.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh I think it does Power was not dead before in so far as she still had her form and her memories somewhere apparently, now that she has sacrificed herself for Denji, her time as the blood devil on earth is over and she's set to be reborn in Hell. She's dead and it was Denji's situation that caused her final death (she could have stayed alive hanging with Makima).

I kinda get the impression now that Future is really powered by the fear of the unknown that comes with the future. The Devil can see it, but you can't so it leaves you with information that causes you dread, but may not be actually truthful or accurate to the explicit words Future used.

I think part of it is that it's the Future Devil so whatever future it tells you, you're naturally inclined to extrapolate the worst possible circumstance to arrive at that future.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
POWERful chapter. The end of this arc has been a difficult and trying time but I am seeing that the future can be great.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The most amazing thing about Chainsaw Man to me is it's inexplicable ability to simultaneously feel seat-of-your-pants impulsive and meticulously planned out.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

How can this manga pivot so quickly from gore, to humor, to gore, to humor again, and land on heartfelt sincerity? And how is it that it can do it so well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I don't understand, isn't Power alive and just comically switched sides at Makima's urging (although I'm not convinced it's for real)?