Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

I was at a seder and one of the other guests went on a rant accusing the Coen brothers of antisemitism because of A Serious Man.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Huntersoninski posted:

Comment taken from a public post. They Might Be Giants shared a story on how areas that enforce masks are showing lower covid rates than those that don't.

Dumb "science" aside, how are you going to call yourself a fan and then get the lyrics from one of their most famous songs wrong? "Blue canary in the alcove?" What?

Triangle Man hates Part-Igloo Man.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

Using a “men at work” sign is making it so women don’t enter the construction business. Chastising workers about this is doing feminism.

Chud goyim being into Israel I get, chud jews I never will

E: this is the post I meant to quote I honestly have no idea what happened

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Oct 29, 2020

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
i'm not sure i trust Henchman of Santa about issues regarding the use of gendered language. :colbert:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I feel like I'm way ahead of the curve on hating Chris Pratt because years ago I read an article about his wacky onset antics while filming Parks and Recreation and it was stuff that would have been called workplace sexual harassment if it was happening anywhere else.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Israel stanning will turn regular centrist/neolibs chud as hell sometimes. At this point, we almost prefer talking with my husband’s crazy Satmar-lite relatives because at least they’re not in the tank for Israel.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sunswipe posted:

I'm guessing it's to distract from Starmer having done gently caress all despite being the opposition to the worst Prime Minister the country's ever had.

"done gently caress all" is misrepresenting it somewhat he's actively whipping labour mps into not voting against some horrendous stuff. the carefully cultivated impression of a damp sponge that stands for nothing masks his extremely pro-establishment, pro-police, pro-landlord, anti-cyclist agenda.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

Triangle Man hates Part-Igloo Man.

:(

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

E: this is the post I meant to quote I honestly have no idea what happened

Basically you get Jews with the cultural memory of being persecuted as hell who feel like that now that we're considered mostly white we should use that privilege to help everyone else out and then you get Jews who go "hell yeah I finally to be considered white this is loving awesome I'mma finally take my turn gargling that white privilege." The later tend to also be racist as gently caress to anyone darker skinned which is how you get kapos like stephen miller actively pushing white supremacy so long has he gets to be unimaginable cruel to immigrants.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Studies have suggested that when power shifts and oppressed groups become the ones in power, they're less likely to be oppressive and harsh than those that oppressed them.
But there will always be people that survive getting kicked in the head and go "finally, MY turn to be the kicker!"

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

He may have made his Twitter private, but Jesse is still going strong on Instagram!

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Studies have suggested that when power shifts and oppressed groups become the ones in power, they're less likely to be oppressive and harsh than those that oppressed them.
But there will always be people that survive getting kicked in the head and go "finally, MY turn to be the kicker!"

I guess that study didn't happen in 20th century Russia

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I think the last tweet is a real capstone that should be appreciated
https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1321873892542205953?s=21

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Her twitter header should read: "Welcome to the dunk factory."

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It's low key funny that someone borrowing fancy clothes for a photo shoot is calling something else performative tho

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

xtal posted:

It's low key funny that someone borrowing fancy clothes for a photo shoot is calling something else performative tho

She didn't borrow fancy clothes, they said "we want you to wear these clothes when we photograph you for our magazine" and she said "okay."

Most likely she was given a choice of outfits and if she hadn't liked any of them they would have worked with her to find something she liked but it's not like she was the one calling up designers saying "can I borrow some clothes for my photo shoot."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Everything is performance but you can perform different things to different ends. Perforamtive stupidity is often objectionable.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

xtal posted:

This is like that Tim Pool tweet about how anybody reacting to things is a reactionary.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

This is like that Tim Pool tweet about how anybody reacting to things is a reactionary.

That's why it was only low key funny

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/carrynosticks/status/1321971668475170818?s=20

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, I agree that the real Robert Kardashian would never have made a second of his birthday message to Kim about how great her husband was.

But she knew Kanye was Kanye when she married him, and she doesn’t give a gently caress what randos on Twitter think about his birthday present.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just noticed that the actual tweet hasn't been posted. Let me remedy that so you can bask in the horror that is our world.

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/1321955644736303104

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Somehow he's still the least fake Kardashian

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Why is it that when Kim celebrates a dead relative people defend her but when I celebrate a dead relative it's all "get off the coffin" and "stop cheering"?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Elysiume posted:

Why is it that when Kim celebrates a dead relative people defend her but when I celebrate a dead relative it's all "get off the coffin" and "stop cheering"?

:yeah:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I just noticed that the actual tweet hasn't been posted. Let me remedy that so you can bask in the horror that is our world.

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/1321955644736303104

Wow that was surprisingly touching, except for one part that seemed a little off.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Elysiume posted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BeautifulMagnificentEidolonhelvum-mobile.mp4

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Elysiume posted:

:hmmyes:

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Between the Robert Kardashian hologram and the godawful Bowie movie trailer I feel like I went to sleep and woke up in some weird parody world, i had to watch both for a while before I could tell if they were jokes or not.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

“Don’t like people pretending to be babies in the bedroom? You’re literally Hitler, sweaty, kill yourself.”

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I don't know how i ended up following the mayor of London on twitter, but the replies to his tweets are high-test iosm.

https://twitter.com/bigdeltaB/status/1322134542283608065?s=19

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
PZ isn't the idiot
https://twitter.com/pzmyers/status/1322172938917797889?s=20

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

The funniest part of this is the idea that people 16-28 will be using facebook to coordinate their attacks.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

I mean, I agree that the real Robert Kardashian would never have made a second of his birthday message to Kim about how great her husband was.

But she knew Kanye was Kanye when she married him, and she doesn’t give a gently caress what randos on Twitter think about his birthday present.
Yeahhh i just find it so bizarre. So many replies are just

Rando: haha that's pretty strange

Someone with a celebrity twitter avatar: umm you're a fuckin WEIRDO for dumping on the queeeeeeen while she's just very normally mourning the loss of a loved one woww jajaja ur such a loser!! Get help!

Celebrity culture is a motherfucker. :sad:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Cool, so who's gonna get shot first on polling day?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

PZ might be a bit the idiot, because a lot of people are doing good reporting on where this nuttery is coming from, but maybe it was a rhetorical question?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I like how it says Trump "Deputized" a bunch of the military. Like they're literally already in the army or whatever, what is he deputizing them into? The super secret army?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

wilderthanmild posted:

I like how it says Trump "Deputized" a bunch of the military. Like they're literally already in the army or whatever, what is he deputizing them into? The super secret army?

The John Birch Society.

(...only sort of kidding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Has anyone else noticed the rise of the term 'gaslighting' applied widely and incorrectly among political discussions lately? Did some right-wing pundit yap about that lately?