Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My partner has poo poo lungs and we cannot risk any COVID exposure because even a mild case could kill her.

I had to go in to my office to sign for some deliveries but they simply didn't show up. We set a firm time and I waited an addition 2.5 hours, just in case but they never showed.

We're all having a hard time with the pandemic but leaving my house is a very risky endeavor and I wish my job actually respected my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I hate dealing with over the phone support sometimes. My iPhone X died last Thursday night/Friday morning. I have additional coverage on it because I’ve had a couple phones die on me and it’s saved me a ton of money. I filed a claim on it as soon as it happened, but still hadn’t received an email about what’s happening until Tuesday. So now I call support and they’re like “oh it will take 2-5 business days for you to get a gift card or replacement phone” well it’s Thursday afternoon at 4pm and I don’t have an email still or anything. I call again “yeah it takes 3-5 business days for the phone, so you could get it tomorrow.” I pointed out I still haven’t even gotten a shipping confirmation so how the hell will I get a phone tomorrow? So he puts me on hold and comes back going “yeah I put in a request that will take 2-3 days” What request? That is suggesting dick all was done about my phone. I rightly said as much as he kept repeating about 3-5 days and wait till Friday, but I pointed out that if he doesn’t see the phone as shipped, I’m not getting anything Friday.

I hate doing it because I used to work support and asked for a supervisor because we were stuck in a loop “there’s no supervisor here, they’ll call you tomorrow to follow up”

I’m pissed off because I’ve done phone support and I’m 99% sure that was an excuse to blow me off because escalating an issue reflects bad on you. I might just call again and try to speak to someone higher up right away. I’m busy with University and don’t need this crap.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Red Cross sends me apparel with the slogan "Heroes for Babies" on it because apparently my blood is for babby. I wore some out today and 2 separate people tried to strike up a conversation about the anti-abortion cause with me while I was buying groceries.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Moon Monster posted:

The Red Cross sends me apparel with the slogan "Heroes for Babies" on it because apparently my blood is for babby. I wore some out today and 2 separate people tried to strike up a conversation about the anti-abortion cause with me while I was buying groceries.

"I'm pro abortion. Ensuring that babies who aren't able to be fully loved and supported aren't born into this world makes me a hero"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My chill boss is leaving and we are getting stuck with a horrible bitch who runs the other district, who likes to peek in on security cameras to 'make sure you're not playing around when you should be working.' She is also huge on taking your breaks on time, which in theory is great, but in reality is insane, since half the time we are doing deliveries in residential or gated communities, or in unsafe areas, and she insists you loving stop and lunch right now!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

dropped my dinner on the floor. perfectly cooked rare steak kabobs, trashed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wash them off and eat them imo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You can mail the kebabs to me and I'll eat them.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Your blood is Super Rare, if you got the Heroes for Babies stuff. Means you're either O negative or positive (already uncommon), and also have never been exposed to CMV (super duper uncommon, something like 50% or more of all adults are carriers by age 40). CMV is very dangerous to infants, so the Red Cross is after that blood like it's liquid gold.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Captain Invictus posted:

wash them off and eat them imo

directly underneath my oven :argh:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Cleaned up my room today and bagged a whole lot of empty containers of liquor and wine that I had stuck in various inconspicuous places before I quit drinking for good. Went out tonight and got pizza, matched with someone on Tinder, and agreed to meet at a local bar (I was just going to get myself a soda). I was just standing around the local bar where we were going to meet, and was trying to disappear into the sidewalk while the cop who had been tailing me stared through my loving soul (I was nervous as hell because I don't trust cops even though I haven't had anything to drink in around a month). It became apparent that I had been stood up, so I stuck around until that cop drove off and I just stood around trying not to seem like a weirdo while I hoped in vain that my date was just running late. Meanwhile, my brother, who has been awesome regarding helping me stay sober, got back from a brewery trip and saw the bag of stuff I had cleaned up and kept calling me and semi-drunkenly yelled "You're full of poo poo!" over and over while refusing to believe that I didn't drink anything since the garbage bag of empty containers was right there.

I hope he'll be a bit more rational tomorrow and believe me. I'll take a blood test if I need to, I'm committed to not drinking and regardless of what he thinks, I'm going to keep on my straight and narrow path. I understand why he would be suspicious, but quitting drinking has been a huge positive change in my life recently and It's really upsetting to be called a liar when I've made that change and am sticking with it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Had to manually kill a mouse that had been like, put in a catatonic state by the trap tripping right next to it. Wish I could just keep the little guys out altogether but with a house this old (170ish years) you basically can't prevent them from getting inside. But I can't just let them have free reign of the place either. They're so dang cute too.

Rainbow Knight posted:

directly underneath my oven :argh:
Oh that's a no go zone then

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The one co-worker I actually got along with just took another job and is leaving. He came up through a real rough childhood/young adulthood and made his way into our position by pure performance and I kinda went through the same stuff and it was nice having someone I could be more of myself with at work. Now I'm gonna be surrounded by people that, pretty openly, don't like that I'm there. I've been thinking about making a change for the last several months and this might finally do it for me. Sucks. Starting next week I'm not going to have any real friends at work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Per the thread title:

The dog I'm looking after is old and partially paralyzed.
She's a sweet goblin but shits herself all the time.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
had to put one of our foster cats down today.

It didn't have to happen. It should have never happened. Over two weeks ago my mom contacted the head of our rescue and informed them about D's problems, her weight loss, her refusal to eat. Took her to the rescue clinic where she was given some steroids, and we were given pills for her. Forcing her to take them resulted in her frothing at the mouth, fighting us nonstop, and running away whenever we looked at her. She didn't eat still.

So we kept badgering the rescue and finally they got us an appt with a vet across town. My mom was sure they'd put her down, D looked like poo poo, she wasn't cleaning herself, wasn't eating, and the insides of her ears were loving yellow from jaundice. Instead she got a feeding tube put in, and my mom was sent home with her. Without any further instruction like what loving kind of food to get her.

So we spent hours trying to reach the vet once she got home with the woozy D, and the tech so loving helpfully emailed us the name of the canned food we needed, and that we HAD to feed her a can a day. Oh, she didn't mention it was a prescription food, and we never got a prescription. Keep in mind this is about 430pm on a Friday. After my mom called the vet and pulled her best Karen off, the vet sent a prescription across town for us to get the next day. I picked up about 14 cans, over $35 dollars worth, and we set up to feed her.

She could not take in the 15 oz of slurry every few hours. 10 oz, anything over, and vomit city. So we ended up spacing out the feeding every 8 hours, so she could keep it down. Also, you know, emails to the rescue's vet tech and president went unanswered because the latter's days off are on Friday through Sunday, and the president was on loving vacation. No calls or emails from the vet to check on D. Oh, and we had never loving ever tube fed a cat before, and both of us working 9-10 hour days...

It would have been two weeks this Friday. We kept up as much feeding and grooming as we could, but she still lost weight, and we had to wipe her down with damp cloth to get her fur at least unmatted. She didn't move from her condo aside from pissing in the litter box and rolling over to sleep.

She did give me a goodbye present when we took her in: a three toothed bite on my chest, actually ripping the shirt, so now I have to keep an eye on this so I don't get some Khal Drogo style infection.

I am done with this rescue. I am done having to take animals to be put down because the loving rescue lets us flounder and beg for help because "im on vacation lol!" The president of the rescue has had PLENTY of time to post once an hour on Facebook various Trump memes hating on him, but can't spare ten loving minutes to help us get D euthanized humanely.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Welp, my water got shut off today and I also happened to have some stomach issues crop up so that sucks

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Got the scans back yesterday and I have MS. Which wasn’t surprising, it runs on both sides of my family and I’ve had odd symptoms for a while. Still sucks.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Garrand posted:

Welp, my water got shut off today and I also happened to have some stomach issues crop up so that sucks

Why was it shut off?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

no money

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I have depression, anxiety, and severe insomnia, and I'm getting heat because it's affecting my performance at work. It's not helping that I have recurring nightmares since August when another driver hit me and tried to run but didn't make it far, and after I (and a bunch of other people) ran over to see if we could help, I could do nothing but stand by helplessly as the passenger choked to death on her own blood.

Garrand posted:

no money
I'm finally doing OK financially and nobody should have to go through that. PM me if you're OK with accepting help from some guy from the internet.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I had a faulty screw in the armrest of my new desk chair which snapped in half.

Those screws also keep everything lined up so it doesn’t lean too far back.

I ended up falling backwards and now my desk chair is more of a desk stool.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I have had no sound on my laptop for a month or so. There was a software update that killed my sound. Updating drivers was supposed to fix it, but did not. (Updated them twice, now.) Friend suggested USB sound card, it arrived and I tried it this morning with my external speakers. . . and it did not fix it. Still no sound! Bah, humbug.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Manager Hoyden posted:

My breath has smelled like horse poo poo all day. I know this because I grew up with horses and I know that smell very well. It's 100% definitely the smell of horse poo poo and as far as I can recall I ate no horse poo poo.

I take good care of my mouth and breath. What foul affliction has cursed me with horse poo poo breath.

Sinus infection. Even if you lack the other symptoms such as pain, pressure, drip etc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got up early to get ready for work, shoveled the driveway, cleared off my car, took my medicine and all that as usual, hopped in to head to work, and my car is dead as poo poo in the driveway. It twitched initially and then never again. And my stepdad's car is ALSO dead as poo poo in the parking lot at his workplace, and AAA is saying it'll be hours before anyone can do anything about it. It's not the end of the world if I don't go in, but taking my meds means I can't like, say gently caress it and hop back into bed because it makes getting to sleep incredibly difficult, so I guess I'm just up now, and my innate desire to not disappoint people means it'll be needling me in the back of my mind that I didn't go in to work for at least tonight.

oh, and I've been paranoid of the chuds at work for a while because it's absolutely jam-loving-packed with trumpers(and even at least one oathkeeper, which is even more terrifying) and I've already had an altercation with one, I keep feeling like one of them is going to shoot up the workplace after the election and I'm a prime target. Is it worrying over potentially nothing, yeah, but I can't shake the feeling and I know it's super easy to get a gun into there because the security checkpoints and guard shacks are performative measures at best, they never check people's stuff and it'd be trivial to bring guns into the building if you wanted to.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

Sinus infection. Even if you lack the other symptoms such as pain, pressure, drip etc.

Ha, you know what? You were 100% right. I ended up going to the doctor and that is exactly what it was.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manager Hoyden posted:

Ha, you know what? You were 100% right. I ended up going to the doctor and that is exactly what it was.

Did you also have your sense of taste completely messed up? When I had sinus infections like that everything tasted incredibly bad.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did you also have your sense of taste completely messed up? When I had sinus infections like that everything tasted incredibly bad.

Not immediately but yeah later everything tasted like foot a little bit.

Don't mess with sinus infections people they will make you smell like horse poo poo and taste foot all day. A terrible fate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
do sinus infections cause massive thick yellow mucus tubes to constantly fill up your nose and sinuses

I remember having that happen a long long time ago, my head would be completely clogged and I'd blow my nose after waking up and like, these horrific yellow mucus "molds" of my nostrils and sinuses would end up on the tissue, just long connected tubes of mucus that looked kinda like flattened rigatoni or something. it was a bad time. to this day I have no idea what it was or what caused it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

do sinus infections cause massive thick yellow mucus tubes to constantly fill up your nose and sinuses

I remember having that happen a long long time ago, my head would be completely clogged and I'd blow my nose after waking up and like, these horrific yellow mucus "molds" of my nostrils and sinuses would end up on the tissue, just long connected tubes of mucus that looked kinda like flattened rigatoni or something. it was a bad time. to this day I have no idea what it was or what caused it.

Yes.

I would go into more detail but... yes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Wrong thread

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cw: medical poo poo involving newborns here so skip if you don't want to read that.

This is more by proxy but last weekend at work my partner got the joy of holding the amputated leg of a newborn baby. It's really disconcerting to hold a giant ball of tumour with the foot of a 1 day old kid sticking out of it. The leg was amputated after it was decided that there could be a chance that the kid would live. Today they confirmed out that the tumours had spread everywhere and that it's just palliative care now.

She's pretty beat up about dealing with this one and I can't blame her at all. It's not something I think I could ever deal with.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m listening to Tom Lehrer and getting super drunk at the behest of one of my friends who has been dead for 6 years. He was one of the funniest people I ever met and he was coming back from a tour of Afghanistan as an Apache helicopter pilot and got killed by a drunk driver at the airport. The dude saved my college Krav Maga club and is why it was one of the biggest ones on the east coast.

And I can’t even visit his grave this year. Can’t pour out a Monster. Can’t even just say “gently caress, dude, you missed a year”

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
Life is being extremely petty to me: One single button on my watch decided not to work any more, so my watch is now stuck permanently in Daylight Saving Time. New watch will arrive about the 5th, because OF COURSE my local Walmart no longer has a jewelry counter where I used to be able to buy cheap Casio digital watches.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
let my dog out, she peed, then came inside, peed again not even ten minutes after peeing outside, and dragged her bed right on top of the piss puddle, soaking it thoroughly.

then later I let her out, she refused to do anything and did her "slowly, elaborately lay down to indicate I'm all set and to let me in now" routine, came in, poo poo on the floor, stepped in it and tracked it all over hell and creation

great start to what is assuredly going to be a terrible week

edit: also my car is still dead, the starter needs to be replaced, and I had a dentist's appointment my dad said he'd give me a ride to since I couldn't get there myself and he's not answering his phone so now I've missed the appointment and will be charged whatever missed appointment fee they charge, very cool

and my hamster is bleeding from her vagina, I don't know if it's an infection, cancer, or what, but generally rodents bleeding from anywhere is a very bad thing so I hope she's not about to die.

really just been an all-around stellar last few days

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 14:00 on Nov 2, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just yanked out a nose hair and it was grey

My loving nose hairs are going grey

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tonight I had a dream where I was debt free, in a 2 bedroom apartment out in the sticks, and it was summer. I woke up to my mountain of debt, my lovely 1 bedroom in the city, and it was raining and cold as balls. Totally destroyed any hope of having a good day.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Biplane posted:

Tonight I had a dream where I was debt free, in a 2 bedroom apartment out in the sticks, and it was summer. I woke up to my mountain of debt, my lovely 1 bedroom in the city, and it was raining and cold as balls. Totally destroyed any hope of having a good day.

Honestly those are worse than plain old nightmares. Last night I had a dream where I found a loving girlfriend who was helping me find a dog. It also involved us having super powers and fighting vampires but that's not really the point. Woke back up to being broke and single and alone, amongst all my other problems.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Not today but found out yesterday that my biological father died of lung cancer. Hadn't talked to him for close to 10 years after a bad falling out & he burned a lot of bridges with family, his home nurse was the one who called my older brother who then called me about it. It feels weird because on the one hand, I pretty much wrote him off (all sorts of addiction problems he never got help for including drugs/booze/gambling) but on the other hand, it's family & I feel like I should have *some* emotion about it. Other than shock & not really looking forward to the whole process of sorting the will & his property, I really haven't felt much yet.

Sucks with COVID too because I live halfway across the US from where he was, but I've got my cousin, older sister & brother helping out since they live close by & my cousin knew the home nurse. I did cry a little yesterday but it was more at the realization that I'm the last surviving person on my father's side of the family. Grandparents are passed already & he never had any more kids before or after me. I've still got my mom & stepdad but they're both nearing their 70s & I've realized just how loving scary it is knowing they might only have a few good years left. My first real foray into not knowing what the hell to do, or where to start, or how to do it...on top of dealing with anxiety that just makes it feel worse.

The one time in my life I can say "I was first" & it's not something I even want to talk about, let alone experience.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was an idiot and ordered this really cool mask online, some werewolf looking thing with movable ears and glowing eyes. So of course what I get is a lovely dollar store rubber mask from China. Opened a dispute with Paypal, and even after sending pics to prove what I got was not what I ordered, and the seller now says they will happily return my money, once I have sent the mask back, which is going to cost more than the loving mask itself.

$40 lesson learned. Fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I am making GBS threads at work right now and there is someone in the stall next to me playing music on a speaker. Loudly.

I can't decide whether this is good or not but it is a first.