Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
December 2nd. Nationwide.

https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/status/1322159717326749701

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I thought instant pot would give me much needed bone nutrition.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It's too bad humanity will be destroyed in just a few days.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I look forward to completely forgetting about it until it's already out of stores.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I can't wait to order some ribs from a local BBQ place and take the meat off the bone and make my own.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
it's very considerate of them to press the pork into rib shape so we can role play as ogres in our head crunching on bones

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
That picture is profoundly unappetizing.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Like someone threw a handful of chopped onions at it from 6 feet away.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Fartington Butts posted:

Like someone threw a handful of chopped onions at it from 6 feet away.

Capturing the authentic McRib experience.

doritto
May 12, 2013

First time since 2012? I swear they had it last year. Honestly we should track down the bot master controlling the thousands of androids that simulate excitement each time McDonalds 're-releases' this steaming pile of blood-stained poo poo.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They did have it last year, in limited regions. This is a nationwide return.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

of all gods creation the mc rib is the one that will take me out for a few days as my body crys out in pain from what ive eaten.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm not afraid to admit I like the McRib. At some point they started using a higher quality roll which sort of takes away from the magic of it but it's still decent.

I won't drive very far out of my way for it, but when it comes to town every other year (at less than half the McDonalds in town), or in CA when I'm in town for the holidays (when they often seem to have), I usually have it a couple times at least.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

dsipal posted:

First time since 2012? I swear they had it last year. Honestly we should track down the bot master controlling the thousands of androids that simulate excitement each time McDonalds 're-releases' this steaming pile of blood-stained poo poo.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Watched the today I found out video on the mcrib. It's made from pig faces and hearts.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
My McRib had a cigarette drove off and never came back.

----------------

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
eating a mcrib is the closest ill ever come to eatind rear end

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Are the pigs that are dying to make these already dead? Or are they still walking around waiting for their execution?

----------------

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
becoming part of a mcrib is pig valhalla

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Are the pigs that are dying to make these already dead? Or are they still walking around waiting for their execution?

They died in a swine flu epidemic in 1983. The liquidised remains are stored in decommissioned ICBM silos in Iowa. Repurposed gas tankers ship the slurry at midnight to factories in run-down commercial districts. They are formed into the signature rib shape in conditions similar to the ending of basically every 80’s cop movie: sparks, machinery, dry ice and neon.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i assume the nationwide thing is because subway came out with one that's basically the exact same

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The McPigs can all suck their own dicks because they've got no rib bones at all.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
drat, where has this subforum been all my life? i need this mcrib news!!

----------------

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zeluth posted:

I thought instant pot would give me much needed bone nutrition.

I gotcha 'bone nutrition' right here! Eyyyy!!!

----------------

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I’ve had ground pork from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store and it’s the exact same thing as the mcrib. Something to consider the next time the mcrib’s been gone for a bit.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Last and only time I tried this I ended up throwing most of it in the trash (and I NEVER waste food)- wonder if I should give it another go

----------------

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

I’ve had ground pork from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store and it’s the exact same thing as the mcrib. Something to consider the next time the mcrib’s been gone for a bit.

you can get the actual frozen shaped patties and sweet baby rays (or sub your favorite sweet bbq sauce), pickles, and buns for like 30 mcribs for like <$20 at your local grocery store.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I buy the McRib once every time it becomes available.

I am also strong enough to admit the McRib sucks.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The gas station chain that is my "corner store" has Literally A McRib But It's Not Called A McRib available year round. Sold both in the hot sandwich coffin, and cold out the fridge.

I really like eating the cold ones after a night out drinking. The patties arrive fully cooked and with all their char/grill marks already made, so the cold ones taste exactly the same except cold. I guess you could microwave them, but then they would get unpleasantly wet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The sandwich as a whole sucks, but the last time I tried one (I think two years ago now?) it just had a whole pile of big rear end wide onions chopped on it, and I like onions just fine, but they were like the most bland and tough onion 'chunks' ever and it totally ran a fatality on an already lovely sandwich and I just don't give enough of a poo poo to say "No onions" to order another one to try it again.

Furthermore *lets out a really long, slow silent fart that I thought meant had to take a dump but now I don't and is very satisfying*

----------------

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The McRib is back in Australia.

Also, the El Maco, which I have never heard of before.

quote:

Both cult dishes are set to return to menus across Australia from this Wednesday, December 9, and will stick around until January 19.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Halloween Liker posted:

The McRib is back in Australia.

Also, the El Maco, which I have never heard of before.

Please report back on what the El Maco is.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I googled it, it's apparently a "Mexican-style" burger with sour cream and chunky salsa.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I want that in the States now.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

TV Zombie posted:

Please report back on what the El Maco is.

I'll get one tonight.

As mentioned above, it has sour cream and chunky salsa aka "El Maco sauce"

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The McRib
I feel like the meat has even less texture than last year. The only real texture is the randomly chopped up raw onion. Tooo much BBQ sauce as usual. They should just call it Saucebread.

The El Maco
The first thing you notice is the smell. Its Old El Paso taco kit seasoning in sauce form. The taste is Old El Paso taco seasoning in sauce form. There was no sour cream I could detect. The burger itself is just a straight up hamburger with lettuce and tomato. This was completely fine.

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 10, 2020

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I posted in the clown thread but :toxx: me for a ban if I don't eat this goddamn abomination for the first time tomorrow please.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Video Nasty posted:

I posted in the clown thread but :toxx: me for a ban if I don't eat this goddamn abomination for the first time tomorrow please.

McRib or the other sandwich?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Had my first McRib of the season last week, and I swear they must've dumped a double fistful of onions on it. On my first bite, I could taste literally nothing but onion. Even after scraping off 2/3 of what was on it, there was too much onion. I'm thinking about making future orders "no onion" just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wonder if you can specify they use their normal minced onions rather than the huge chonkin ones they use on this because they're nasty