Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

maybe get an offensive line, or some DBs, I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh i dunno

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TNF doesn't really tell us much about teams, but that was pretty unpleasant for Panthers fans, not gonna lie.

And the Falcons dropped from 3rd to like 7th in the draft order with that win, so that's cool.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Panthers are absolute julienne of dogshit.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
With that, please let us end any and all talk about how surprisingly competitive Carolina is and how they could go on a run. Too many holes.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Bridgewater can only throw short slants and pick play crossing routes. Teams like Chicago and ATL figured out you just have to press coverage because there is no intermediate or deep passing game. Atlanta played one deep safety in the end, because they knew they couldn't get hurt deep.

Bridgewater will keep padding stats with 1 yard in the air passes, and since no one in the media watches the Panthers then it'll always be "wow teddy's having a good year" when he can't throw.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
boo Panthers for not murdering Dante Fowler and that other guy

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

three posted:

Bridgewater can only throw short slants and pick play crossing routes. Teams like Chicago and ATL figured out you just have to press coverage because there is no intermediate or deep passing game. Atlanta played one deep safety in the end, because they knew they couldn't get hurt deep.

Bridgewater will keep padding stats with 1 yard in the air passes, and since no one in the media watches the Panthers then it'll always be "wow teddy's having a good year" when he can't throw.

Send Teddy back to New Orleans to reunite with Slant Boy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i watched the last 5 minutes of the game and teddy threw a nice one right into the breadbasket of a covered receiver who was going to be jumping at the time. He seems pretty good

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cavauro posted:

i watched the last 5 minutes of the game and teddy threw a nice one right into the breadbasket of a covered receiver who was going to be jumping at the time. He seems pretty good

Both teams attempted to murder him, op

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He seem s like a pro

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Panthers are absolute julienne of dogshit.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Moore beat the poo poo out of the bad corner that was all turned around. Bridgewater had 3 very good receivers, and they're all extremely fast.

The TD pass to Samuel is picked by a competent safety that takes the proper angle because Bridgewater has no arm strength.

The final interception was picked by the THIRD defender covering Moore.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Look at this heel that hates Teddy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
On the Bridgewater hit, should Fowler have been called for a tripping penalty there? He clearly stuck/kicked his leg out to bring down Teddy. Or is tripping an OL only :flag:?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

three posted:

Moore beat the poo poo out of the bad corner that was all turned around. Bridgewater had 3 very good receivers, and they're all extremely fast.

The TD pass to Samuel is picked by a competent safety that takes the proper angle because Bridgewater has no arm strength.

The final interception was picked by the THIRD defender covering Moore.

Looked great

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

On the Bridgewater hit, should Fowler have been called for a tripping penalty there? He clearly stuck/kicked his leg out to bring down Teddy. Or is tripping an OL only :flag:?
There were two penalties on the Falcons from that play and tripping was one of them.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Look at this heel that hates Teddy

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'm not comfortable picking apart Teddy's deep ball while he's playing behind that O-line

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Raku posted:

I'm not comfortable picking apart Teddy's deep ball while he's playing behind that O-line

PJ Walker got like four passes and half of them were deeper than anything Teddy threw outside of the final drive
they were also incomplete to be fair

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Teddy's a nice story and all but he clearly can't make all the throws a franchise QB needs to be able to make and he doesn't seem to read coverage very well.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

In teddy's defense its hard to read a coverage through the torso of a free rusher

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Or after your neck gets snapped off

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It's so weird to me when a No.1 consensus pick is later dismissed as pre-washed in retrospect.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It's so weird to me when a No.1 consensus pick is later dismissed as pre-washed in retrospect.

If he was the no 1 consensus pick he wouldn’t have been the 3rd QB taken at pick 32. There were concerns about his arm strength coming out of his pro day which was a big part of why he dropped.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Whoa, I completely missed his lovely pro day, fall from grace and that draft in general I guess.

Edit: #3 pick Blake Bortles oh my god

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 30, 2020

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Whoa, I completely missed his lovely pro day, fall from grace and that draft in general I guess.

my recollection is he was viewed as a post arm surgery chad pennington game manager type

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean, when has a quarterback taken at pick 32 ever been good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mega64 posted:

I mean, when has a quarterback taken at pick 32 ever been good

siiiiiigh

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Lmao glad to know I’m not the only Charger fan still pissed about that one.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah, Chargers should trade up to the 2 spot for a truly game changing QB.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

aperion posted:

Lmao glad to know I’m not the only Charger fan still pissed about that one.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Chargers made the right move.

They wouldn't have had to if Marty didn't leave Drew in that meaningless Broncos game in 2005

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, Chargers should trade up to the 2 spot for a truly game changing QB.

First, I love your name. Second, at least we aren’t the Bears of trading up. Yeah, low bar, etc., but I need to take solace in what small victories I can get.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Edit: #3 pick Blake Bortles oh my god

2014:

Blake Bottles #3
Johnny Manziel #21 :suicide:
Teddy Bridgewater #32

gently caress you Haslam.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Flikken posted:

2014:

Blake Bottles #3
Johnny Manziel #21 :suicide:
Teddy Bridgewater #32

gently caress you Haslam.

All 3 of those QBs are not good, at least you picked one that let you cut bait sooner.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I still can't believe Blake Bortles is a real name attached to a real human being.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Jake Jortles is legitimately more believable of a name than Blake Bortles.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Manoueverable posted:

Jake Jortles is legitimately more believable of a name than Blake Bortles.

Funny fact: Blake is his middle name. His first name is Robby and somehow Robby Bortles sounds faker than Blake Bortles.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bobby Bortles sounds better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

Better Than You posted:

Bobby Bortles sounds better

:hmmyes: