Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Has any store released additional xbox series x for sale after the one pre-sale day?

I realize there probably aren't any available at this minute. I'm wondering if I should be checking sites from time to time or if my next shot at one is launch day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

The Grey posted:

Has any store released additional xbox series x for sale after the one pre-sale day?

I realize there probably aren't any available at this minute. I'm wondering if I should be checking sites from time to time or if my next shot at one is launch day.

I've seen that Costco and Best Buy have had second rounds. Follow Wario64 on Twitter and set up notifications for his posts for a decent chance at snagging one.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Zerot posted:

Hopefully Sony can fix whatever is causing problems in those Ubisoft games, and hopefully other publishers and developers go through their games and let players know ahead of time.

It's just so weird that this list didn't come from Sony. I wonder if these games boot but are significantly impaired. Sony's continued weirdness about BC continues to baffle me.

Yeah... those are some big name games that I would have expected to fit in Sony's "99%".

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

GAME in the uk are still accepting preorders for series x with a “maybe not on launch day” caveat, if you can stomach giving Mike Ashley money.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

WirelessPillow posted:

There are plenty of people in the cars. the cars with the ((A)) marker are empty, and the ones without have a driver.

There is a lot of effort in the world of the game, but I am not sure they understood the hacking gameplay fun from previous games. The "call police/call gangster feature" that was fun in WD2 isn't there for example.

Haven't seen one yet.

The character models and dialogue are what really ruins it for me. It's so last gen visually and poorly written/voice acted with corny fake accents and obvious modulation.

Also player movement. It feels floaty and weird and there's no vibration? But again coming from tlou2 was probably a factor.

The game runs well on one X, looks great outside of characters, and has some nice graphical touches though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Starting to wonder if Australia even got shipments of the SSD expansion thingy. Every ps5 accessory has been delayed until December here despite being one of the early launch countries. My ps5 order is processing but the series X SSD expansion is "pending release."

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Zerot posted:

It's just so weird that this list didn't come from Sony. I wonder if these games boot but are significantly impaired. Sony's continued weirdness about BC continues to baffle me.

Almost as if everything is extremely on fire (for both MS and Sony) and these systems are coming in super-hot without the proper QA time that they really needed.

My guess is that Sony already did extensive reviewing of games but is leaving the final say in the hands of publishers in some cases, and until now Ubisoft hasn't wanted to commit to a list of "unsupported games on PS5", possibly because of all these underlying changes they're making to uPlay/Ubisoft Club/Ubisoft Connect. Lots of legacy technical debt there.

In any case, it's not a great situation but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one more announcement like this before launch from some other party. Again, everything is on fire.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Almost as if everything is extremely on fire (for both MS and Sony) and these systems are coming in super-hot without the proper QA time that they really needed.

My guess is that Sony already did extensive reviewing of games but is leaving the final say in the hands of publishers in some cases, and until now Ubisoft hasn't wanted to commit to a list of "unsupported games on PS5", possibly because of all these underlying changes they're making to uPlay/Ubisoft Club/Ubisoft Connect. Lots of legacy technical debt there.

In any case, it's not a great situation but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one more announcement like this before launch from some other party. Again, everything is on fire.

it feels like Sony has been trying to delay the bad news as long as possible. Like how they let everyone believe that their PS5 games were designed exclusively for PS5.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Confusion = engagement

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Well, The Rules say very clearly that you can’t launch a console in March, so what else are they supposed to do?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

The Grey posted:

it feels like Sony has been trying to delay the bad news as long as possible. Like how they let everyone believe that their PS5 games were designed exclusively for PS5.

Yeah I mean at least MS has been upfront about the fact they have no games right?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1322327097357045760?s=20

Even Ubisoft doesn't know what that list means.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope they put it back up with more titles added.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Dutch judge rules that EA should be fined €500k every week until it removes FIFA loot boxes
Thats $2.3mil/month

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/dutch-judge-rules-that-ea-should-be-fined-e250k-every-week-until-it-removes-fifa-loot-boxes/

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

OgNar posted:

Dutch judge rules that EA should be fined €500k every week until it removes FIFA loot boxes
Thats $2.3mil/month

So basically not enough to make it worthwhile for them to remove it?

I have no idea how much they make off that garbage. In my mind it’s gazillions.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It is gazillions and it keeps the entire rest of EA afloat.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Haven't seen one yet.

The character models and dialogue are what really ruins it for me. It's so last gen visually and poorly written/voice acted with corny fake accents and obvious modulation.

Also player movement. It feels floaty and weird and there's no vibration? But again coming from tlou2 was probably a factor.

The game runs well on one X, looks great outside of characters, and has some nice graphical touches though.

I'll agree on the accents, I've come across maybe one person with a standard london accent, everybody else is doing the young "gangsta blud" thing, posh, or from india. The voice modulation thing is also... not well done.
Visually it seems fine, environments are nice at least and a fair few locations have been really nicely done. Game shines more at night though, literally. Most of the characters look like rear end but its uniform rear end so at least there is that.

Movement feels like standard third person Ubisoft movement to me, but I haven't played tlou2 so if that has it better it makes sense.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

It's a local ruling. It won't shutdown gambling worldwide, just (hopefully) in Netherlands.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe Ubisoft should have their Watch Dogs games take place at night instead of having a generic daylight cycle that is ugly and doesn't suit the setting anyway.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

AC: Unity cycled through prebaked (and tuned to make interiors look pretty) lighting setups of specific times of day instead of just moving the sun around

and I would lol if the new NFSU was called The Crew 3

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 31, 2020

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Starting to wonder if Australia even got shipments of the SSD expansion thingy. Every ps5 accessory has been delayed until December here despite being one of the early launch countries. My ps5 order is processing but the series X SSD expansion is "pending release."

Coincidentally I was looking up the price of that on eb’s website earlier this morning. $360 australian, wowza

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Holy gently caress guys I have been playing Metro Exodus for the past 70 hours (I think, there's no in-game timer) and I just made it to the Taiga. For as long as I spent in the Caspian, I was expecting that to be the end of the game. And what do you know, the Taiga is an even more beautiful location!

I purposely hadn't read anything about the game as I've been playing in order to avoid spoilers and opinions, but upon reaching the Taiga I was curious as to how much longer I've got so I did some reading. Some people have beat this game in 15 to 20 hours. I can't even imagine that.

Anyway, Metro Exodus, though not without its flaws, is an incredible game and by far the best looking game I've played of this generation.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
When the Series X went up on Amazon I was able to get a pre-order in (like the very minute it appeared) but got one of those "low inventory, you might not get one" emails everyone seemed to receive. I'm hoping they'll actually follow up with more info this week instead of leaving it as a surprise for the day before release.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ruffian Price posted:

AC: Unity cycled through prebaked (and tuned to make interiors look pretty) lighting setups of specific times of day instead of just moving the sun around

and I would lol if the new NFSU was called The Crew 3

The rare correct decision from AC Unity's team. Those prebaked time-of-day lighting setups looked great.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

TheScott2K posted:

The rare correct decision from AC Unity's team. Those prebaked time-of-day lighting setups looked great.

More games should just embrace golden hour lighting - it's not realistic to have that the majority of the time but it's beautiful. Midday light is incredibly meh.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Thom12255 posted:

More games should just embrace golden hour lighting - it's not realistic to have that the majority of the time but it's beautiful. Midday light is incredibly meh.

Yeah as far as I'm concerned most implementations of real-time day/night cycle are a big no-thanks from me, particularly with freeroamers.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Death Stranding said gently caress it sun's always in the same position and no one cared

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like RDR2 where the moon is so bright it never actually seems like night time

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I wish games would abandon the day night cycle because me and my budget 65" tv would really loving appreciate not spending half the time trying to see what the hell is going on. For gods sake, Trailmakers, you're a drat lego game!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Smugworth posted:

I wish games would abandon the day night cycle because me and my budget 65" tv would really loving appreciate not spending half the time trying to see what the hell is going on. For gods sake, Trailmakers, you're a drat lego game!

I'm playing Fallout 4 now and I literally can't see what's going on 90% of the time. The game has no brightness setting. It's madness.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

When the Series X went up on Amazon I was able to get a pre-order in (like the very minute it appeared) but got one of those "low inventory, you might not get one" emails everyone seemed to receive. I'm hoping they'll actually follow up with more info this week instead of leaving it as a surprise for the day before release.

I'm in the same boat. Hoping they'll just confirm that yes, we are getting launch (or near launch) units soon.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is MS still trying to push the Play Anywhere initiative? I feel like I should be able to play my xb1x copy of watchdoge legion on my PC because it's the same architecture...right? RIGHT?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t that only for their first party titles, since they control the licenses for those?

It’d be weird if third parties had to give you a free PC copy just because you bought an Xbox copy.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
It’s still there being used for first party games, some indie games, plus some titles from a handful of third party publishers (capcom and sqsure mostly)

https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-play-anywhere/games

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Plenty of gamepass games are playable across pc/console with cloud saves. It would be a nice if it was extended to purchased games, since they could just use the windows store like gamepass does. Theres probably enough weirdos buying the same game on 2 platforms to discourage that tho.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ultrachrist posted:

Plenty of gamepass games are playable across pc/console with cloud saves. It would be a nice if it was extended to purchased games, since they could just use the windows store like gamepass does. Theres probably enough weirdos buying the same game on 2 platforms to discourage that tho.

Two? I’ve bought several games across THREE! Dlc gets expensive!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Watch Dogs is so boring that I ended up just packing up my one X for trade in. I'll give it another shot when the series X comes in but maybe after seeing if Vahalla is just as bad.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ultrachrist posted:

Fair point! Now that I look at my gamepass list yeah it's all cross play. I hope that extends to the EA games as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I haven't liked a Ubisoft game in the past 10 years and I don't think I'll ever buy another after watchdogs 1.