Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

me reading all these nog posts:

a warrior's drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the only nog I'll countenance is Noggin the Nog

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

the only nog I'll countenance is Noggin the Nog

the klf’s disappointing followup

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

me reading all these nog posts:

this happens right before picard comes in and tells you to go back to your post and push a mop or something and then orders everyone else in ten forward a real warnog

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i actually just got in some spruce essence because i'm planning on brewing up some spruce beer next, and gently caress boiling and straining out pine needles

it's funny reading brewing forums posts about it because people keep adding too much and then describe the flavor as "industrial cleaner, but maybe it will mellow"

call it a quadruple IPA and give it a real mean and aggressively dumb name like HOP ABORTION, a bunch of assholes with no taste will drink it up no problem

last summer or thereabouts i had a barleywine aged in gin barrels, that was interesting. the bitter juniper notes counterbalanced the rich sweetness of a barleywine real well.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

local place does a spruce tip winter ale and it’s delicious

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

its an ecosystem. if the old dive bars go out of business, new ones will spring up to take their place. circle of life.

yeah, like the one by me that is literally a cooler of beers and a shelf of rotgut. that place may disappear but something will meet that challenge eventually

FMguru posted:

old fashioned or manhattan, either is acceptable

:hmmyes:

FMguru posted:

now im trying to think of what a dr. manhattan would look like

manhattan + blue food coloring + a single spherical ice cube?

i have white rye and dry vermouth but no blue coloring. might be a good challenge to try to fix something comparable

oh and a round glass with a black cherry rim and a single one in the middle

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don’t booze my nog, I drink it cold like a milkshake then drink booze separately

having scotch highballs with a few drops of lemon juice tonight

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
yeah I’ve made nog in July to enjoy in winter or Christmas the next year, foamed or not, and decided I just like the sweet custardy stuff too much to bother. agreed on drinking something to warm you up though.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

qirex posted:

having scotch highballs with a few drops of lemon juice tonight

what is "what your mother enjoyed last night, trebek?" ah haha hahahaha

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

jeffry pays me to try and keep the quality up around here

drat he's gettin' ripped off lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

sitting at a bar for the first time in three months after lockdown ended, my arse hurts from sitting on a barstool after lack of such

Kazinsal posted:

all the bars and pubs around here are closing at 10pm now. it's fuckin weird. I miss being able to wander over to a pub at 9:30 and sit down and work through a few pints and fries over the course of a couple hours then wander home around midnight. kinda sad that I enjoyed doing that by myself but eh, I've always been a backwards weird who's poo poo basic at social things like "going to bars" and "talking to people"

...wait, are you guys going to bars?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how else are you supposed to get pozzed

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

...wait, are you guys going to bars?

in australia yes, Melbourne is coming out of lockdown

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I miss going to the bar and hanging out and shooting the poo poo with people so goddamn much.

Got a handful of locally made liquors on the way today, gonna end Sober October in style.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Bar crawling is the only real thing that I miss since COVID, they are all open here (AU) but you need to make a booking everywhere

No more kickons for the boys

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

abigserve posted:

Bar crawling is the only real thing that I miss since COVID, they are all open here (AU) but you need to make a booking everywhere

No more kickons for the boys

yeah you can't just roll in, sit down, and say "gimme a cold yellow and some hot brown" and get a lovely pilsner and some fries

fuckin sucks

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nowadays I mostly drink scotch. Neat, and usually single malt, although I do like a good blend. Sometimes I branch out into bourbon or rye, or rum.

Scotch is really good and it helps that it's low calorie (relatively speaking) because I've been trying to get rid of the extra weight I put on over the past few months.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

spankmeister posted:

Nowadays I mostly drink scotch. Neat, and usually single malt, although I do like a good blend. Sometimes I branch out into bourbon or rye, or rum.

Scotch is really good and it helps that it's low calorie (relatively speaking) because I've been trying to get rid of the extra weight I put on over the past few months.

I'm still into fancy hipster beers and poo poo

the closure of things like 24/7 macdo's makes me greatly upset as it is 1:30, I am pretty thoroughly blasted, and the only way to get a big ol thing of fries is the drive through

and holy poo poo I am not driving in this condition

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

I'm still into fancy hipster beers and poo poo

the closure of things like 24/7 macdo's makes me greatly upset as it is 1:30, I am pretty thoroughly blasted, and the only way to get a big ol thing of fries is the drive through

and holy poo poo I am not driving in this condition

I really like beer but I keep it to a minimum nowadays because a whisky is like 50 calories and a beer clears 200 easy sometimes 300 for the heavier stuff like porters and whatnot.

Your usage of the word macdo suggests to me you're from France? If so, godspeed and greetings from the covid infested hellscape of The Netherlands where we're not locking down everything is fine (send help)

E: wait it's not 1:30 here I'm an idiot never mind

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 31, 2020

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ive drank 2 bourbon sours and 2 cokenrums tonight and am feeling pretty fine

thankfully we have the luxurious snack of goldfish to eat thanks to tiny daughter or else i would be munching on some curry chickpeas that would probably kill the buzz

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

spankmeister posted:

I really like beer but I keep it to a minimum nowadays because a whisky is like 50 calories and a beer clears 200 easy sometimes 300 for the heavier stuff like porters and whatnot.

Your usage of the word macdo suggests to me you're from France? If so, godspeed and greetings from the covid infested hellscape of The Netherlands where we're not locking down everything is fine (send help)

E: wait it's not 1:30 here I'm an idiot never mind

Vancouver, BC. gutter french (quebecois) runs in my family

local beers tend to end up around 120-200 calories each depending on heaviness so I average them out to 160 per. seems to do alright, though I've basically become unable to lose any weight beyond 140 lbs (I'm 5'4" for reference) so maybe I need to recalibrate my calorie burning scale

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i drink bottom of the barrel $6 wal mart gin with whatever can of tonic was cheapest. works for me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kazinsal posted:

Vancouver, BC. gutter french (quebecois) runs in my family

local beers tend to end up around 120-200 calories each depending on heaviness so I average them out to 160 per. seems to do alright, though I've basically become unable to lose any weight beyond 140 lbs (I'm 5'4" for reference) so maybe I need to recalibrate my calorie burning scale
i’ve seen you mention loving to drink and eat fries like 5 times this week so maybe it was the fries lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how else are you supposed to get pozzed

that’s it! chuds are covid bug chasers!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

i drink bottom of the barrel $6 wal mart gin with whatever can of tonic was cheapest. works for me
these days, if i drink, it’s cheapo alberta vodka, 2-3 oz per can of bubly. when it’s a grapefruit bubly i can hear 290 screaming in defeat somewhere in the distance lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
“alberta vodka” sounds like a euphemism for diesel or something

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

“alberta vodka” sounds like a euphemism for diesel or something
i mean, it works out being that way, albeit closer to butane

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
i've pretty much stopped drinking except for wine when i'm using it to cook

no real reason, just kinda happened :shrug:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blinkz0rz posted:

:same:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Blinkz0rz posted:

wine is not an emulsifier

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

wine is not an emulsifier

So?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

smdh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

tonight i had an old fashioned, something called an “irish cactus” (2:1 baileys and tequila), a gin gimlet, and a gin and tonic. feels good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

tonight i had an old fashioned, something called an “irish cactus” (2:1 baileys and tequila), a gin gimlet, and a gin and tonic. feels good
reminds me of a “smurf” (baileys and blue curacao)

gin gimlets are so good. i like gin and tonic but prefer gin and club soda

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

isn’t that called a gin fizz?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

anyway we got invited to a bar crawl halloween party tonight but still don’t feel that comfortable in massively crowded spaces like that so we bought a bunch of liquor and stayed in making cocktails and watching movies instead

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

isn’t that called a gin fizz?
:shrug: i just mix em and drink em i don’t name em

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

anyway we got invited to a bar crawl halloween party tonight but still don’t feel that comfortable in massively crowded spaces like that so we bought a bunch of liquor and stayed in making cocktails and watching movies instead
better idea imo. good movie time of year. maybe the very best time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

what is "what your mother enjoyed last night, trebek?" ah haha hahahaha

you killed sean connery with this post