Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I actually remember 1980

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

I actually remember 1980

brutal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

the time between now and 1980 is greater than the time between 1980 and the pearl harbor attack

:corsair:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it sucked, it basically still felt like the 70s and reagan got elected

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i still consider books printed in the 90s "current". the copy of "Nummisuutarit" (it's a play, doesn't matter) I read when we had to read it for school is now 100 years old.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

the time between now and 1980 is greater than the time between 1980 and the pearl harbor attack

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

qirex posted:

this is actually off by 10 years btw fellow Olds

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i guess we didn't rember perl horber

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

psiox posted:

this is actually off by 10 years btw fellow Olds

1941 was 79 years ago, 1980 was 40 years ago

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

I actually remember 1980

i remember my dad telling me on election night that jimmy carter was the only guy who he voted for and won

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
actually 1980 was 20 years ago

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

fair point

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The time between Pearl Harbor and 1980 is only ~2.3x the time between now and when I registered this account.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Getting old sucks but if you drink more water you will probably feel better.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i still consider books printed in the 90s "current". the copy of "Nummisuutarit" (it's a play, doesn't matter) I read when we had to read it for school is now 100 years old.

Any car newer than 1999 is a "new car" to me.

my 2005 expedition is wonderful. its a brand new truck. look at this leather and the - holy poo poo - is that a flip down DVD player?

the funniest thing is the most beat-to-poo poo vehicle i own, my 2007 suzuki DRZ400SM, is the newest. but thats what a dirt bike goes through. my big bike is a 2002 and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Jonny 290 posted:

Any car newer than 1999 is a "new car" to me.

my 2005 expedition is wonderful. its a brand new truck. look at this leather and the - holy poo poo - is that a flip down DVD player?

the funniest thing is the most beat-to-poo poo vehicle i own, my 2007 suzuki DRZ400SM, is the newest. but thats what a dirt bike goes through. my big bike is a 2002 and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.
Two years ago I bought a used car and I am still throughly impressed by very basic features like "working air conditioning" and "my phone can play audio through the speakers"

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

nothing satisfies like a regular morning poop

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Progressive JPEG posted:

nothing satisfies like a regular morning poop

Me - I like oatmeal.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my hip hurts today and i don’t know why

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's because ur old

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Achmed Jones posted:

it's because ur old
:ms:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Getting old sucks but if you drink more water you will probably feel better.

Echi has the thread for you my friend.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

get out the icy hot like ive done for the past week because i tweaked my neck looking at screens for work, then also tweaked my right ankle and left hip somehow (???) and now i just slowly turn my whole chair for screen reviews

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

old rear end motherfucker!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

old rear end motherfucker!

so this.... is how it feels... :negative:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

aag I pulled a back muscle and grievously injured myself getting out of the car.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

aag I pulled a back muscle and grievously injured myself getting out of the car.
at least it wasn’t a rib muscle. rip all the same old chum

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

a couple months ago I somehow triggered a back spasm while vacuuming, poo poo sucks man hang in there

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i tend to lean on my left elbow all the time, and my left shoulder is always sore now :saddowns:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I think it was a combination of shoveling then sitting in the car for an hour. Gotta start stretching more I guess.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
my incision from my broken shoulder finally stopped leaking pus after 8 weeks (the first incision took 2 weeks). now I just have get my full range of motion back, it’s like 80% now, luckily unlike other bones a broken collarbone heals without any lasting impact

then I’ll be pain free unlike you geriatrics

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I did a spot of gardening today and now my metal shoulder aches thanks for reading.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

your welcome

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I sat cross legged on the floor too long while entertaining my childe and it took me 15 minutes to stand back up. had to slowly unfold my legs and then lie down flat on the floor to get my joints all working and my back in place.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I sat cross legged on the floor too long while entertaining my childe and it took me 15 minutes to stand back up. had to slowly unfold my legs and then lie down flat on the floor to get my joints all working and my back in place.
ha! you’re still young enough to sit cross legged on the floor, lol

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

fart simpson posted:

You sleep on your side, have weak glut medius muscles, and an imperfect gait

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

just guessing, that's why my hip hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

pillow between the knees crew