Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

I'm in Phoenix. I let the house get cold and everyone just uses an extra blanket. ... But if you're reading this, you're a grown rear end adult so just put a loving hoodie on and grab a sherpa.

Laughs in Minnesotan.

Bro, do you even wear gloves at the computer?

Sitting here with long johns, wool socks, slippers, an inch of padding/rug insulation over the carpet, hoodie, "long john" shirt, etc. Starting to get pretty comfortable but it's not even like actually cold yet (still a nice 30's at night). Still feel blessed that I don't have to wear a stocking cap to bed like my mom used to (head under the blanket makes you moist, moist makes you cold), but my trackball hand is getting pretty chilly. Might have to switch back to a mouse to accommodate the loss of nimbleness from gloves.

Trying to shame people for using a space heater when you live in loving AZ, smdh. I don't try and minimize the heat you folks suffer through, please don't try and minimize our life in the cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Plastik posted:

That's not what that article says at all. Not even similar.

I live in an apartment that forbids composting and we're too far out from the Orlando to do it centrally, but our water runs through the city and the city bioprocesses some of its dry wastewater sludge and dehydrates and burns the rest. The garbage disposal is our best and only option, but it's still not bad.

Forbids composting? Senor you've got a perfect chance to start an herb garden. Imagine all 23 of the colonels herbs and spices at your finger tips. Cooking will never be the same.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

number 1 snake fan posted:

>Phoenix
>Cold
Just lmao as someone living in the upper Midwest. You have no idea what cold actually is

Yep no idea. Oh wait I grew up on MN. Now you tell me about being hot. Go eat your bitchin' Sauce.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SirPablo posted:

Yep no idea. Oh wait I grew up on MN. Now you tell me about being hot. Go eat your bitchin' Sauce.

Please don't almonds are horrible for the environment.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gaius Marius posted:

Please don't almonds are horrible for the environment.

If you throw just a handful of California almonds into an InSinkErator you've wasted enough freshwater to kill the last remaning American eel spawning habitat.

And I'd shake your hand because gently caress the American Eel.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

If you throw just a handful of California almonds into an InSinkErator you've wasted enough freshwater to kill the last remaning American eel spawning habitat.

And I'd shake your hand because gently caress the American Eel.

gently caress eels they're weird and taste awful, but I'd hope some people here would like california to not be on fire sometime this decade.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
that just requires expropriating the resnicks and not growing almonds ponegranites and pistachios here anymore

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
One almond takes one gallon of water to grow. New toilets will be measured in almonds. Your deluxe models gets you 4.8 APF.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Why has this become the scolding people for their consumer choices thread? Consumer choices are not driving climate change or other environmental problems. Go lobby Congress or some poo poo instead of bothering the acolytes of savings! PBUC

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

fischtick posted:

I swear the house's foundation can reach up through the padding and carpet and just leeches the warmth straight from your feet in that room. ... She's got Kirkland wool socks on, one of those sherpa wizard robes from the 'Co, and a blanket... but the little vornado heater helps take the chill off at 8:30 in the morning.

It absolutely does reach up through the padding and carpet to leech warmth from your feet. Like I just mentioned, I've got a bathroom mat with rugs on top for my feet, in Costco wool socks, and it's still stucking the heat out of my feet. Slippers help. A foot stool helps more, if it doesn't kill your back with poor ergonomics first. Choices, choices.

Not a big fan of the "vornado" type heaters. Much prefer the oil filled heaters but they aren't quick as the resistive, or resistive+fan (vornado) type. The later is good for fast, spot heating, but blowing air doesn't feel great the second it cycles off. You get lots of hot/cold cycles an hour and the "cold" part of the cycle can feel really loving cold when the heat turns off but the fan is still blowing. The oil filled "radiator" style keeps radiating while "off" and since there's no fan you don't get a boat load of cold, blowing air when the elements stop heating. There's less hysteresis with the oil filled units and if you look around you can find small 400w units instead of the big floor standing 1500w ones.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

therobit posted:

Why has this become the scolding people for their consumer choices thread? Consumer choices are not driving climate change or other environmental problems. Go lobby Congress or some poo poo instead of bothering the acolytes of savings! PBUC

Just because it's convenient for you to use data to obscure your bad habits doesn't mean it's morally correct. We all have to contribute to saving our environment.

Also for the lad who wanted heated bathroom floors ya' shoulda got 'em. Only once did I have the pleasure of experience warmed bathroom floors in the winter morning. It was truly a level of luxury that I will never forget. Also if you sell your house in the winter you can tack on more than a few grand to the cost. People go nuts over that poo poo if your doing the house showings in the winter

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gaius Marius posted:

Just because it's convenient for you to use data to obscure your bad habits doesn't mean it's morally correct. We all have to contribute to saving our environment.

Also for the lad who wanted heated bathroom floors ya' shoulda got 'em. Only once did I have the pleasure of experience warmed bathroom floors in the winter morning. It was truly a level of luxury that I will never forget. Also if you sell your house in the winter you can tack on more than a few grand to the cost. People go nuts over that poo poo if your doing the house showings in the winter

Yeah I just didn’t have budget space unfortunately then. I did put in a heated towel bar which helps numb the pain of cold feet in the morning.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
as far as indoors composting of reasonable amounts of material goes you kind of have to go with a worm farm but that may be something that people may not be enthusiastic about

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I will not stand for the eel slander on this page. If you can't comprehend the divine nature of BBQ eel sushi than there is no hope for you. You should give up.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

So I finally bought a big bag of garlic from the 'Co....how should I cook this? I seem to remember somebody in the thread had a roasted garlic recipe. I'm also going to be cooking italian sausage if it helps.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I will not stand for the eel slander on this page.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Trip Report: 'Sauce with Rice is delicious.

That is all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Trip Report: 'Sauce with Rice is delicious.

That is all.

Like, cold sauce on hot rice?

I kind of assumed it would just split and get gross if it got heated up.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

pentyne posted:

Like, cold sauce on hot rice?

Hmm, yeah. Ratio was a bit sauce heavy -- 2 cups rice to 1/3 cup 'sauce -- so it immediately cooled to only warm-ish.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Re-quoting to share my similar, and also beautiful, cat, who has come to love a costco blanket too.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Cats make my eyes swell closed and make everything else itchy, but I can still appreciate them from afar. These are nice fluffy cats that deserve the best. PBUC.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Martman posted:

Re-quoting to share my similar, and also beautiful, cat, who has come to love a costco blanket too.

:cool::cabot:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Costco peperoni slice remains the best breakfast of my week.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco today. Stocked up on food, got some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, dog food, and a bag of 12 frozen bull dicks

Pbuc

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I made two packets of Taiwan's Number One noodles and don't expect to make it through the night. Which is especially sad because I've got a 2lb bag of Korea's Number One pork dumpling (non-costco tho) in the freezer which I'll never get to taste.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to Costco today. Stocked up on food, got some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, dog food, and a bag of 12 frozen bull dicks

Pbuc

how big are their bully sticks we have to give them to our dog otherwise he barks when I’m being intimate with my wife

A lot are expensive and small so they don’t last very long with our pup

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

John Romero posted:

how big are their bully sticks we have to give them to our dog otherwise he barks when I’m being intimate with my wife

SO... unless everyone in the house is getting dick, the dog is upset.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

John Romero posted:

The bag has mixed sizes. I usually look at the bags there and get the one with the biggest dicks

Yeah I literally buy bags of dicks, so what

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Pershing posted:

So I finally bought a big bag of garlic from the 'Co....how should I cook this? I seem to remember somebody in the thread had a roasted garlic recipe. I'm also going to be cooking italian sausage if it helps.

It's garlic, it goes in everything.

But to eat it directly, cut the tops off entire heads of garlic, slicing through each clove. Drizzle on some oil, put on some salt, and bake until soft. You will be able to push the finished product out of the peel like butter.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

If you are looking for a good use of a bunch of garlic this is a good meal for that.

https://youtu.be/A1Dcm1Qv1LA

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
You can always make toum, the best sauce/dip/condiment/eat it with a spoon ever

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I've made garlic infused oil by bare simmering huge handfuls of garlic in olive oil for an hour or 2. The garlic cloves can then be blended into a paste and used like a spread. You get a much softer, roasted garlic flavor.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Garlic is life

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's garlic, it goes in everything.

But to eat it directly, cut the tops off entire heads of garlic, slicing through each clove. Drizzle on some oil, put on some salt, and bake until soft. You will be able to push the finished product out of the peel like butter.

Wrap in foil, about an hour at 400.

It'll still brown on top with the foil.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone get their flu shot at Costco?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FogHelmut posted:

I sure did. Took me in the back room and jabbed me with a meat injector. Got about enough to last three years.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

I made two packets of Taiwan's Number One noodles and don't expect to make it through the night. Which is especially sad because I've got a 2lb bag of Korea's Number One pork dumpling (non-costco tho) in the freezer which I'll never get to taste.

Why, are you leaving your house?

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

Yep, got mine in early Oct.. $19.99 US if you forget your prescription card. Apparently, you can book online, or show up and wait. Might want to check before you go, mine was running low.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Yep. Got to choose from an injection or inhaler, at least on paper. Went with the needle. 100ccs of hot dog water, with refill.

It wasn't terribly organized. Signed up, got told to come back in maybe 15. Came back, stood around for another 10, got to stand there and watch a dude fill out forms and staple them together for 5 minutes straight, then sat in a tiny room until someone came to stab me.

I've done the 'Co in years past and you just stood in line for the jab, so you could clearly tell how long it would take, but obviously that's not an option now. I think next year I'll probably head back to the medical center nearby. They scan your card, ask a question or two, and point you towards the lab. Bing, bang boom.

[edit] ^^^^ I forgot about scheduling online! I only saw the poster for it after we'd been standing there for a while. In hindsight, things would have gone smoother if I'd known about online scheduling.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

fischtick posted:

[edit] ^^^^ I forgot about scheduling online! I only saw the poster for it after we'd been standing there for a while. In hindsight, things would have gone smoother if I'd known about online scheduling.

the people in front of me scheduled online, and I just showed up. Seemed to be a cluster either way, so online scheduling probably doesn't help with anything except knowing they'll have the vaccine. Oh, and mine only had the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FogHelmut posted:

Nope, because I got mine at work from our pharmacy. Thanks hospital work.

Did buy some Brussels Sprouts last time I shopped though. And the last of the Noosa 12pk yogurt before the sale ended.