Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bad popular historian, repeats tired old cliches, makes factual errors, focuses on history as entertainment first and foremost. I was just really being a crank and I'm sorry for my post. Anybody getting into history is good.

Yeah, nowadays when you say not to listen to someone what I imagine is that they're a murderer or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah with Dan Carlin it's just that there are so many much better history podcasts to listen to instead.

I'd say he's the LindyBeige of history podcasting but that might actually be a bit harsh.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah with Dan Carlin it's just that there are so many much better history podcasts to listen to instead.

I'd say he's the LindyBeige of history podcasting but that might actually be a bit harsh.

Without wanting to derail the thread, is there a thread for history podcasts or anything? I enjoyed what I heard of Dan Carlin, and slightly excited to hear there's better podcasts out there.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was rewatching Citizen Kang in Treehouse of Horror VIII because I'm an old man and need comfort media, and discovered Skullet Van Houten here:

As well as white Sanjay/gigantism John:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Wolfechu posted:

Without wanting to derail the thread, is there a thread for history podcasts or anything? I enjoyed what I heard of Dan Carlin, and slightly excited to hear there's better podcasts out there.

:emptyquote:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

snergle posted:

am i crazy or does willie say dune toon not dune ton. i sure hope someone got fired for that blunder etc

It's doon toon but yes you're right

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Wolfechu posted:

There's a thread in RGD on historical and informative podcasts. I'd recommend Revolutions by Mike Duncan; he's a lot more concise and informative then Carlin, and he constructs a fairly entertaining narrative.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Wolfechu posted:

The Age of Napoleon is excellent even though the host is also an amateur. Very well researched

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Speaking of good simpsons merch, I just bought a Mr. Sparkle pin from this dude: https://www.ebay.com/sch/the_simpsons_man/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

He has some cool stuff, I recommend checking it out.

The fake videogames seem top notch, something I may just buy for my sister for Christmas.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wolfechu posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532486 specifically, tho Carlin is mentioned in the first page, obv.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Our Fake History is also pretty good. It focuses on myths and legends, but it goes into depth on the historical background.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/TeddyAmen/status/1322177345902530561

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

GoutPatrol posted:

The fake videogames seem top notch, something I may just buy for my sister for Christmas.

Buy her Bonestorm, or go to Hell :colbert:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

:dudsmile:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Buy her Bonestorm, or go to Hell :colbert:

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Samovar posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532486 specifically, tho Carlin is mentioned in the first page, obv.

Analytic Engine posted:

The Age of Napoleon is excellent even though the host is also an amateur. Very well researched

Thanks guys! I'd actually started listening to the Napoleon one recently, having a browse through the rest.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
This week is going to be super stupid and dumb, so here is a harvest of memes for you folks.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 2, 2020

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Yellow drapes? I hope someone got downvoted for that blunder.

(I loled at all these)

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Yellow drapes? I hope someone got downvoted for that blunder.

(I loled at all these)

Look at the trampoline.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Samovar posted:

Look at the tramampoline.

FTFY

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

:unsmith:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

wheatpuppy posted:

Samovar posted:

Look at the trambompoline.
FTFY

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Trambompoline has been stuck in my head, so instead of doing a useful chore for the last half hour, I threw this together. I'm mostly happy with what I was able to build in about 30 minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/joejoejoejoe-4/trampoline

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alternate ending: every single loving panel of Citizen Kang

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Rod & Todd are likely not voting age.

Voter fraud detected.

:sad:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Android Apocalypse posted:

Rod & Todd are likely not voting age.

Voter fraud detected.

:sad:

Rod and Todd are over 30 years old

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does anyone else look at that last screencap and kinda see the straight line of the bottom of his moustache as being his closed mouth, serious expression and the thing that's supposed to be his mouth looks like an open hole in his neck?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"I said...I don't WANT any drat Democracy!"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Big Beef City posted:

"I said...I don't WANT any drat Democracy!"

Good news!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That is not the first bart-lisa/street fighter 2 character line up that occurs to me.

I'm going to be doing this, and if you get hit, it's your own fault

Okay, then I'm going to start kicking air like this, and if any part of you should fill that air, it's your own fault.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

ikanreed posted:

That is not the first bart-lisa/street fighter 2 character line up that occurs to me.

Okay, then I'm going to start kicking air like this, and if any part of you should fill that air, it's your own fault.

Do you mind if I steal this and post it in the simpsons shitposting groups

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ikanreed posted:

Someone did something similar a hundred or so pages ago, and put Bart / Lisa in Suzaku Castle. Then the next post was Homer dressed as Ryu with Marge saying "Now Ryu, don't you destroy this car"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

seiferguy posted:

Someone did something similar a hundred or so pages ago, and put Bart / Lisa in Suzaku Castle. Then the next post was Homer dressed as Ryu with Marge saying "Now Ryu, don't you destroy this car"

I suspected that which is why I didn't bother to effort post and make a real meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ikanreed posted:

I suspected that which is why I didn't bother to effort post and make a real meme.

Here's this!

Also this