Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I could see a blue texas but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

This is from a complete outsider but it seems like a more gerrymandered virginia in that all the metropolitan/college areas are blue and the rest of the state is red.

that’s the whole country. solid red states are the shitholes with no cities of meaningful size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

enjoying a trip down memory lane when I went to an election party / turkey dinner in 2016 with 30 friends and wore a big Uncle Sam hat and tie that got less appropriate as the night went on

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

this is one of the main reasons i voted seven times for joe biden

IX-NAY ON THE OTER-VAY AUD-FRAY

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

trufacts i had 20 bucks on blue texas in 2016 lmbo
I don't make predictions any more. i have no idea what's about to happen.

yeah, 2016 made me realize that poo poo could not be taken for granted.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep posted:

IX-NAY ON THE OTER-VAY AUD-FRAY

has anyone ever actually said "nix on the whatever" in real life? it doesn't sound like something a human would say

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

i say "nix the" sometimes anyway

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

trump was right about 2016. i love the democrats so mych that i voted for hilary 2 million times.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
it’s spelled demoncraps

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

More like demonrats.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

has anyone ever actually said "nix on the whatever" in real life? it doesn't sound like something a human would say

nah, it’s some dumb old timey bullshit. 23 skidoo!!

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

kitten emergency posted:

so are most biden voters, they just aren't as honest about it

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Agreed, no idea why some guy might think that one of the principal architects of the school to prison pipeline is a racist.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yes, everything is absolutely identical in opposite ways

you people bitch about purity tests and are absolutely incapable of assessing what needs to be done in the immediate short term

go fondle your guns instead of pretending you have anything to say that wasn't vomited into your mouth by other centrists

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i didn't vote for joe biden

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

PokeJoe posted:

i didn't vote for joe biden

the important thing is that you feel like you're better than everyone else while absolutely not contributing to the immediate needs we have

go eat your own self-righteous poo poo instead of posting

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The democrats are gonna win, and win big, and only because their entire platform is "not Trump".

And because they win big they will not learn anything from 2016 and instead have the idea that they have an actual mandate from the people to run a center-right platform with all kinds of regressive "bipartisan" bullshit policies that will hurt minorities and the middle class (if that even exists anymore) for decades to come.

Then they'll get their asses handed to them in 2022 and 2024 again.

Apr 7, 2003

psiox posted:

yes, everything is absolutely identical in opposite ways

you people bitch about purity tests and are absolutely incapable of assessing what needs to be done in the immediate short term

go fondle your guns instead of pretending you have anything to say that wasn't vomited into your mouth by other centrists

You didn’t address my point that Biden is one of the principal architects of the carceral state that harms black people disproportionately. Maybe you’d like to address that?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

psiox posted:

the important thing is that you feel like you're better than everyone else while absolutely not contributing to the immediate needs we have

go eat your own self-righteous poo poo instead of posting

i don't feel anything like that, i just didn't want to vote for an old rapist who said he has no sympathy for young people. if you think voting for him helps go for it, but im not gonna do it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You didn’t address my point that Biden is one of the principal architects of the carceral state that harms black people disproportionately. Maybe you’d like to address that?

This is just literally the trolley problem. I understand why you don't want to pull the lever but please at least understand why other people do.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

PokeJoe posted:

i don't feel anything like that, i just didn't want to vote for an old rapist who said he has no sympathy for young people. if you think voting for him helps go for it, but im not gonna do it

lol you self righteous piece of poo poo too cowardly to admit it

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

This is just literally the trolley problem. I understand why you don't want to pull the lever but please at least understand why other people do.

Biden was close friends with an avowed segregationist and a principle architect of the school to prison pipeline. Why should I reward the party that nominated him?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Biden was close friends with an avowed segregationist and a principle architect of the school to prison pipeline. Why should I reward the party that nominated him?

There's a person on the tracks and if I pull the lever that person will die.

I get it.

Apr 7, 2003

psiox posted:

Hey dude, you still haven’t addressed my point about Biden and his role in creating a prison state.

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

There's a person on the tracks and if I pull the lever that person will die.

I get it.

The revanchists won already. It literally does not matter who is president going forward. Senate races are more important.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
god you're a tiring piece of poo poo with absolutely nothing new to say

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

psiox posted:

go gently caress yourself you sanctimonious rear end in a top hat

Apr 7, 2003

psiox posted:

god you're a tiring piece of poo poo with absolutely nothing new to say

So you have nothing useful to say and you’re a dumb gently caress troll?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The revanchists won already. It literally does not matter who is president going forward. Senate races are more important.

The only reason you believe this is that donald trump is so vile that your brain can't hold the his image all at once. It short circuits, cracks and pings if you will. It can't process how loving awful he is. You've maxed out your measurement scale for Biden and Trump. 3.6 roentgen.

I promise you that trump is worse.

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

The only reason you believe this is that donald trump is so vile that your brain can't hold the his image all at once. It short circuits, cracks and pings if you will. It can't process how loving awful is. You've maxed out your measurement scale for Biden and Trump. 3.6 roentgen.

I promise you that trump is worse.

Everything meaningful goes though the senate dude. Control of the senate is all that matters.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's this psychological concept called splitting where a person is incapable of seeing nuance in a person's actions or personality. in the most common form, people are split into Good and Bad, and never the twain shall meet; a Good person is inherently good and nothing they do can be bad, and a Bad person is inherently bad and nothing they do can be good.

when presented with reality -- that everyone does both good and bad things at different times, and that there are degrees of goodness and badness -- the splitter has to come up with hypocritical or illogical justifications to maintain consistency.

1) person did a bad thing once
2) Good people do good things and Bad people do bad things
3a) therefore person must be Bad, and by point 2 nothing they do from now on can be Good; they're pure evil
3b) but i can't believe this person would be Bad, therefore what the person did to me must actually be Good

babies are born with this understanding of the world (at least, once they develop enough to understand good and bad), but grow out of it in early childhood. it appears in adulthood in various mental disorders like borderline personality disorder and some autism spectrum disorders.

anyway, i don't know why i'm posting this in the context of people trying to figure out joe biden, or anything. i do ramble

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Everything meaningful goes though the senate dude. Control of the senate is all that matters.

The president of the united states is a pedophile with so little restraint that he started his own child beauty pageant at the same time he was hanging out with his BFF Jeffery Epstein.

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

there's this psychological concept called splitting where a person is incapable of seeing nuance in a person's actions or personality. in the most common form, people are split into Good and Bad, and never the twain shall meet; a Good person is inherently good and nothing they do can be bad, and a Bad person is inherently bad and nothing they do can be good.

when presented with reality -- that everyone does both good and bad things at different times, and that there are degrees of goodness and badness -- the splitter has to come up with hypocritical or illogical justifications to maintain consistency.

1) person did a bad thing once
2) Good people do good things and Bad people do bad things
3a) therefore person must be Bad, and by point 2 nothing they do from now on can be Good
3b) but i can't believe this person would be Bad, therefore what the person did to me must actually be Good

babies are born with this attitude (at least, once they develop enough to understand good and bad), but grow out of it in early childhood. it appears again in various mental disorders like borderline personality disorder and some autism spectrum disorders.

anyway, i don't know why i'm posting this in the context of people trying to figure out joe biden, or anything. i do ramble

Joe Biden literally laid the groundwork for our modern prison state, the most rapacious in the world.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Okay so if it doesn't matter then you're not mad at people for voting for biden as long as they put in their vote for the down ballot as well?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Joe Biden literally laid the groundwork for our modern prison state, the most rapacious in the world.

sure did. is trump worse? or are they both in the Bad box, no comparison being possible?

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Okay so if it doesn't matter then you're not mad at people for voting for biden as long as they put in their vote for the down ballot as well?
I never said I was mad at people for voting Biden. I just said that I’m not voting for him.

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

sure did. is trump worse? or are they both in the Bad box, no comparison being possible?

In real world impact, Biden has absolutely done more harm to the US and the world with regards to his part in the prison state and Middle East adventurism.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I never said I was mad at people for voting Biden. I just said that I’m not voting for him.

i'm fine with that, but i hope for the sake of your psyche that the election doesn't end up flipping red on pennsylvania

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

people like biden, who have been tearing down the support systems while ushering in neoliberalism over the past 40+ years, are why you get people like trump to begin with

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think it’s worth clarifying that “everything goes through the Senate” is for domestic stuff only, that’s the context of when the Senate is actually important.

For foreign policy stuff the president can largely go hog with whatever they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The_Franz posted:

people like biden, who have been tearing down the support systems while ushering in neoliberalism over the past 40+ years, are why you get people like trump to begin with

hey thanks for letting me know man, i wasn't aware that the poo poo sandwich with water was, in fact, made of poo poo