Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The_Franz posted:

people like biden, who have been tearing down the support systems while ushering in neoliberalism over the past 40+ years, are why you get people like trump to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

In real world impact, Biden has absolutely done more harm to the US and the world with regards to his part in the prison state and Middle East adventurism.

Unfortunately this isn't the trolley that's in front of us. It's 'would trump do more damage in the next 4 years or would Biden". The past doesn't figure into it.

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Unfortunately this isn't the trolley that's in front of us. It's 'would trump do more damage in the next 4 years or would Biden". The past doesn't figure into it.

Christian ethnofascism isn’t going away just because Trump isn’t prez anymore.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Global warming is going to kill like 50% of the human population in the next 50-100 years but that doesn't absolve me from all political action.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

firefighter, standing in front of a burning oil refinery: "well it's good and going now, i don't see how turning off the gas lines would make a difference"

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Global warming is going to kill like 50% of the human population in the next 50-100 years but that doesn't absolve me from all political action.

Trump is a symptom of a problem, the problem being 40% of Americans being fascist trash who want to kill the other 60% of America. That 40% can control the senate and the direction of the county indefinitely. Who holds the White House doesn’t matter.

I’m not going to vote for a piece of poo poo when it doesn’t matter.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

if anything, it will get worse as they feel marginalized and will push back even harder

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

firefighter, standing in front of a burning oil refinery: "well it's good and going now, i don't see how turning off the gas lines would make a difference"

i think trump is not the fuel, but a weather vane telling us the wind is making the fires much worse. biden doesn't want to talk about the wind

Apr 7, 2003

psiox posted:

yes, everything is absolutely identical in opposite ways

you people bitch about purity tests and are absolutely incapable of assessing what needs to be done in the immediate short term

go fondle your guns instead of pretending you have anything to say that wasn't vomited into your mouth by other centrists

Hey dude, just wanted to see if you wanted to defend your idiotic statement against people who think the architect of the prison state is racist.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

is moving to canada a bad option? i think i can swing it in my current company but i remember reading a couple takes back in 2016 that made me second guess it, like that it was just making the problem worse for others or something

Apr 7, 2003

psiox posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

You are why people on either side of the spectrum hate liberals btw.

“Vote for the guy who put one in four men you know in prison, because you have no other options you piece of poo poo”

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Beamed posted:

is moving to canada a bad option? i think i can swing it in my current company but i remember reading a couple takes back in 2016 that made me second guess it, like that it was just making the problem worse for others or something

pretty much every country is closed to non-citizens/non-permanent residents right now

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

yeah lol that assumes that america will, uh, stop being a pariah state thanks to its covid cases

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Salt Fish posted:

This is just literally the trolley problem. I understand why you don't want to pull the lever but please at least understand why other people do.

Apr 7, 2003

If you aren’t out right now you never will be

Apr 7, 2003

Biden is measurably worse than trump

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Trump is a symptom of a problem, the problem being 40% of Americans being fascist trash who want to kill the other 60% of America. That 40% can control the senate and the direction of the county indefinitely. Who holds the White House doesn’t matter.

I’m not going to vote for a piece of poo poo when it doesn’t matter.

iirc you admitted itt that you voted for biden, correct?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I could see a blue texas but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

This is from a complete outsider but it seems like a more gerrymandered virginia in that all the metropolitan/college areas are blue and the rest of the state is red.

“blue in the urban areas with book learning and red in the idiot coal dust and oil fume huffing parts” is just a general description of the US as a whole though.

Apr 7, 2003

I refuse to address that statement.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tori, you’ve gotta be just about the biggest and best rascal I’ve ever encountered.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

what has trump (or his admin) actually accomplished, basically. they obviously want to do a lot of comically evil things, but they’re also idiots. trump is one of the weakest presidents ever and it’s down to him having no loving clue what he’s doing lol

Apr 7, 2003

Infrastructure day

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nomnom Cookie posted:

what has trump (or his admin) actually accomplished, basically. they obviously want to do a lot of comically evil things, but they’re also idiots. trump is one of the weakest presidents ever and it’s down to him having no loving clue what he’s doing lol

They ripped apart every government institution and laid the groundwork for a total fascist takeover of the united states. This is like saying "what has the water damage actually done to my house foundation".

We're experiencing weimar-ification of america.

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

They ripped apart every government institution and laid the groundwork for a total fascist takeover of the united states. This is like saying "what has the water damage actually done to my house foundation".

That isn’t Trump though. That’s the GOP in general. Trump is the sleight of hand distraction while they loot.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i think trump is and would be significantly worse for average americans than biden, especially for minorities; the masses have fared better under dem presidents. i didn't vote for biden because i'm against hiring someone to help rebuild a house they helped burn down, and his policies are also not good (though better than trump of course), even setting aside all of his other detriments. probably would have in a swing state however, but i'd have been upset at that being the choice

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

That isn’t Trump though. That’s the GOP in general. Trump is the sleight of hand distraction while they loot.

if there is a silver lining to trump, it's that nobody except for conservative pundits are interested in protecting him, so they happily air all of the government's dirty laundry as opposed to, say, taking damning photos of those ice detention centers in 2014 and then not publishing them for years

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

ok. so you don’t actually have any impact metrics, just sentiment. doesn’t sound very reality-based to me tbh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nomnom Cookie posted:

ok. so you don’t actually have any impact metrics, just sentiment. doesn’t sound very reality-based to me tbh

Presidential KPIs

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
President Trump resolved 16 issues this term with an average customer satisfaction rating of only 2.3 and a time-to-resolve of over 2 months.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

Presidential KPIs

Biden is beating the poo poo out of trump on people unjustly imprisoned

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

it’s not fascist if I’m not personally affected, that’s just common sense. Biden 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beamed posted:

it helps if you understand that canada is not necessarily better than the us in a lot of ways, we're just generally three to five years behind the american zeitgeist. we can and will see a cancon version of trumpism here in the next year or so, the new federal conservative party leader is already starting to make speeches advocating populist protectionism.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

it's a messed up choice though. so long as the gop continues to pursue policy that's so terrible, the dems are going to feel like they can just do whatever they want and we have to accept it, because the alternative is fascists and déclassé nazis

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Nomnom Cookie posted:

have you idiots not been paying attention to the supreme court

do you think the peoples that republicans are putting on there are a good thing or a thing that will have no impact? you can’t be that dumb.

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

have you idiots not been paying attention to the supreme court

do you think the peoples that republicans are putting on there are a good thing or a thing that will have no impact? you can’t be that dumb.

Yeah, that game is already lost

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1322940294032166912

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Yeah, that game is already lost

6 spots are filled with shitheads but thats not a reason to double down and have all 9 spots filled with shitheads.

4 more years of trump will make things worse than 4 years of lovely joe biden.

that’s true considering the supreme court alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what happened the last time a democrat tried to appoint someone to the surpreme court? does anyone remember?