Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Probably COVID and The Collective if I had to guess. Pure speculation on my part though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

calling things out half-way doesn't look like standing against or for something even if that is the intention. but perhaps it's just blowing off steam in a public diary. a lot of people like to do that

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My gut instinct is that any of this kind of stuff now relates to covid and following/not following regulations. But, that's not based on anything real and is just my best guess considering our current awful situation.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1323016609980559365?s=19

Lance reads Mein Kampf pass it on

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
there is no need to read mein kampf unless you’re a historian, a nazi, or an absolute moron who thinks you need to understand both sides

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It also appears to be the only political book on his shelf.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lance reads Mein Kampf pass it on
https://twitter.com/stoicynic/status/1323016962939658241?s=19

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
mein kampf is a really bad book. if anything it would turn people away from nazism by virtue of how bad it is therefore lance is not a nazi.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At the very least your decision to own, read, display, and point out a copy of Mein Kampf warrants a sincere "Why?" and explanation.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lance reads children's books, airport thrillers and the racism book and considers himself a "book guy"

Edit: does Lance think Charles Manson wrote Helter-skelter?

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 1, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean the simplest non nazi answer is "what a stupid person thinks makes him a smart reader."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol imagine you're an author minding your own business and you get tagged by some dumb gently caress wrestler who takes a picture of a their bookshelf with Mein Kampf on it

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

I mean the simplest non nazi answer is "what a stupid person thinks makes him a smart reader."

I had a copy of Mein Kampf until my most recent move. I bought it as an edgy 20 year old who wanted to own transgressive things. I kept it because it had an excellent foreword that reminds us that nothing Hitler did was a surprise. He put his philosophy of hatred on paper for the world to see, and well meaning status quo centrists just ignored it and said “well he won’t be that bad”. It was a reminder that you shouldn’t look away from evil, but confront it.

Anyway I didn’t want to keep it despite the good foreword so I got rid of it. But that was my reason for having a copy.

e: also stacking the books like that is ahhhhhh

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 1, 2020

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jordan7hm posted:

e: also stacking the books like that is ahhhhhh

its definitely weirder than owning mein kampf

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lance reads children's books, airport thrillers and the racism book and considers himself a "book guy"

Edit: does Lance think Charles Manson wrote Helter-skelter?

I'm gonna assume he doesn't support Vincent Bugliosi and is bravely stating he is a big Charlie booster.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there is no need to read mein kampf unless you’re a historian, a nazi, or an absolute moron who thinks you need to understand both sides

I'd add another type of person.

Pretentious smartypants, who either wants to have read all the "important" books of the 20th century, and/or thinks more books read = more smarter.

I would put Lance Storm in this category. Because please god, I actually like the humourless prig and it would be a real blow if he was a Nazi. (At least he hates Trump.)

edit: My 'edgy' book purchase was I found Helen Demidenko's book in a used bookshop for 2 dollars. It is just as anti-Semitic and twice as badly written as I expected it to be.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 1, 2020

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
So far from what I have learned from following wrasslin' is that the only two good pro wrestlers are Sting and John Moxley. Never trust a wrestler because they will always let you down.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Pretentious smartypants, who either wants to have read all the "important" books of the 20th century, and/or thinks more books read = more smarter.

I would put Lance Storm in this category. Because please god, I actually like the humourless prig and it would be a real blow if he was a Nazi. (At least he hates Trump.)

I think this is probably the case. He also 100% seems like a guy who would listen to an episode of hardcore history about Hitler and then buy that poo poo or something.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the_Vandal posted:

So far from what I have learned from following wrasslin' is that the only two good pro wrestlers are Sting and John Moxley. Never trust a wrestler because they will always let you down.

seems like you forgot maki itoh my friend.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man

ItohRespectArmy posted:

seems like you forgot maki itoh my friend.

If that is the lady that talks dirty then I will make an exception. Have a good day!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the_Vandal posted:

If that is the lady that talks dirty then I will make an exception. Have a good day!

she is, welcome to the party pal.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man

ItohRespectArmy posted:

she is, welcome to the party pal.

I will definitely respect her and her beautiful foul mouth.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

edit: My 'edgy' book purchase was I found Helen Demidenko's book in a used bookshop for 2 dollars. It is just as anti-Semitic and twice as badly written as I expected it to be.

Dude used to run a book club as his fan engagement, would also guess that’s the category he falls into.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

the_Vandal posted:

What about Kevin Big Sexy Depeche Mode Fan Nash.

No wrestler who owns a copy of "Personal Jesus" can be all bad.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i dont believe lance storm is a nazi.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man

What about Kevin Big Sexy Depeche Mode Fan Nash.

No wrestler who owns a copy of "Personal Jesus" can be all bad.

Ok, I admit there are more than 2 wrasslers you can respect but I was too lazy to type all of them out. But to be fair to my laziness, there aren't a large amount of them that are worth respecting.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lance Stormfront

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man
You can definitely respect Wrasslor from Dexter's Lab even though he was voiced by a wife beater because the character was not one. sorry for the double post.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lance Stormfront

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

STAC Goat posted:

Fair summary of the time I thought about buying it before deciding that was a waste of money as it'd just sit unread on my book shelf

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man
Please don't disrespect Lance Storm. He might be a boring goober but he is not a Nazi and he just loves his homeland of Canada. And I can't blame him for that because Canada is great compared to America. They have an African PM, I've seen the pictures.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I mean, I think we've all had that moment about one thing or another where we thought "I want to read/watch X because I should be informed about it like a smart, sophisticated person and I won't just shy away because its taboo."

Its dumb but its what stupid 20 year olds think when they've started figuring poo poo out and think they're the first person to do so.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I had Mein Kampf when I was in college for my history major. I then held a good feeling book burning at the end of that semester.

Now, as a teacher, I had a student (male, 16) who carried it around with him for almost 2 months. He tried to talk to me about it but his comments were literally “look what I am carrying, what do you think of me carrying it around?”

Neither me or the other students really acknowledged it so he stopped carrying it around and asking people about it.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I had to read an excerpt of Mein Kampf in a college history class, and my main takeaway from it was that Hitler was a worse writer than Kant.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lance Stormfront

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lance Stormfront

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Weird Lance would mention it but because its twitter if he hadn't someone would have pointed it out so he was getting ahead of that.

Of course he could have just removed it from the bookshelf when taking the photo and we wouldn't be here right now.

Lance Storm is a nazi and i don't know how to accept that.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
my highschool had a copy of it, like for a period of time the book was considered something to read to see what a bad person hitler was even though uhhhh just a very general knowledge of history could have told you that. Lance probably just has it because of that, not for any insidious reasons

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
also he has all of janet evonavich's books which is good. theyre good books. im not saying this just because she's my aunt via convoluted marriage. I would say it more though if she would give me some money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

never saw the point to reading his tl;dr handwritten livejournal post to see the lovely person he is, but i'm also not a historian so what do i know.