Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sagebrush posted:

so is weight and here you are mocking someone for their physical condition.

You can affect your weight.

You can’t affect your height.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

so is weight and here you are mocking someone for their physical condition.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i joke and jape but the more people aware of classisms and dunks they make on folks who may or may not be in control of how they are, the better imo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

says the white collar tech worker with a $2,000 bicycle

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sagebrush posted:

says the white collar tech worker with a $2,000 bicycle

$2300

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gee i wonder what's going on in the shitlib cesspool.

*reads posts*

oh, cool, cool, a slapfight

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

gee i wonder what's going on in the shitlib cesspool.

*reads posts*

oh, cool, cool, a slapfight

Anyone can win this slap fight by just posting their picture proving they’re fitter than I am.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

you'll just blast the picture with piss and then complain youre computer stopped working

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lmao. this loving thread...

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you'll just blast the picture with piss and then complain youre computer stopped working

So you can't compete?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the american documentary gattaca says otherwise

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Working from home is saving me a bunch of money. I checked, and I've used almost exactly ½ of the electricity last month than I did the same time last year. The temperatures have been comparable, maybe a bit more rain this year.

It's all down to being at home all day every day so I can use the masonry heater on the regular. The radiators haven't kicked in at all as they're set at around 20 degrees. It's 20-23 degrees all day in all four rooms I occupy with only the one burn. My only complaint is that it's way too warm for me during the day since there isn't exactly any way to control that - either I'm hot at night or during the day vOv

Ancient tech is amazing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
any “ancient” tech is actually from aliens.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a buddy of mine in HS had a protein uptake deficiency and was 4'10". super cool dude. but he went and had that surgery where they break your femurs at an angle and reset them so you eventually end up a bit taller

his parents spent like 70,000 bucks and he did six months in a wheelchair to end up 5 feet even

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

only if it comes from brown people civilizations

the yakubian devils ofc get full credit for their works

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

Yeah I know a guy called Rummukainen* from Sweden who builds the drat things. He got banned from the local pub for trying to drive a car through the window.

He didn't build mine, he wasn't alive in 1876.

*) Not his name, we just called him that

e: not an alien in the "foreigner" sense, as he's a Finnish citizen, alien in that he's just really loving weird

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

if you don’t believe the pyramids were built by dint of beer energy i would have to conclude you’ve listened to garage friends for years but learned. nothing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

if you don’t believe the pyramids were built by dint of beer energy i would have to conclude you’ve listened to garage friends for years but learned. nothing.

perhaps the real garage friends were the brain cells we killed along the way

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

only if it comes from brown people civilizations

the yakubian devils ofc get full credit for their works

oh man, my grandad had an old yakub cadet. those things run forever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wonder where my "Pyramidi" book is. Maybe my sister stole it for my nephew, like she did with a lot of my other kids' books :(

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
david macaulay ftmfw

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FMguru posted:

david macaulay ftmfw

yeah i said children's book but it's not like adults can't enjoy looking at good pictures of pyramid.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s for children and non-technical peasants

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

I've been playing a bunch of AssCreed Origins and short of actually travelling to Egypt to stand next to a pyramid its the best way of getting the actual holy poo poo scale of all the ancient stonework. I mean everyone's seen video of pyramids and temples, but having a persons eye view you can actually interact with is another level.

if they could make a 1st person VR view in the no-enemy 'tour mode' the game has included I would definitely take a look.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

even though the overall map is too big they really nailed the scale of the buildings and the pyramids in ac origins. odyssey felt too cartoony

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna stop playing computer games during the week until I get some of my poo poo together.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Anyone can win this slap fight by just posting their picture proving they’re fitter than I am.

So you can't compete?

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

NEVER underestimate the power of the law

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I wonder where my "Pyramidi" book is. Maybe my sister stole it for my nephew, like she did with a lot of my other kids' books :(

Aw poo poo I have that exact same one!

Probably in a box in my mom's attic somewhere.

e: well maybe not exactly the same since mine is in a different language

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

I rescued a bunch of books (and other stuff) from my mum's old hen house but if it's not in the last two boxes (and I doubt it's on the top one anyway) I guess I've lost it. At least I've still got the African Fairy-Tales because man I love that elephant:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's an article about a person on Wikipedia that states there are very few photographs of them, and I'm REALLY tempted to scan in like fifty different ones and upload them to Wikipedia. But then I'm also lazy.

E: and I should be working, not even browsing Wikipedia for people I know.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 2, 2020

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

spankmeister posted:

i literally have the exact same one, because i stole jerry's :twisted:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

strong angry bagel guy energy

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Old fat dad can't compete lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I've been playing a bunch of AssCreed Origins and short of actually travelling to Egypt to stand next to a pyramid its the best way of getting the actual holy poo poo scale of all the ancient stonework. I mean everyone's seen video of pyramids and temples, but having a persons eye view you can actually interact with is another level.
scaling pyramids was a high point lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

scaling pyramids was a high point lol

There's an easy joke here I'm not gonna make.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's an easy joke here I'm not gonna make.
and here i thought i’d made it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

UNLESS...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

and here i thought i’d made it

Thunk more