Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

what good are policies when one chudge can light a hundred thousand votes on fire because they didn't have the royal wax seal on them or whatever

wow sounds like we shouldn’t try anything or vote for anyone then

Jonny 290 posted:

trump's not going a god drat thing. he's literally doing nothing at all. it's mitch and the circuit court judges and the county sheriffs.

regarding, absolutely vote THEM out. but to pretend that leaving all 11 layers of chud governance intact between a citizen and the president, and only changing the latter will do anything at all, i don't know what to tell you about that take.

he is president and he nominates supreme court justices. you can’t fix that without making someone else president

of course he’s doing stuff.

i voted for mj hagar against cornyn for the senate, in addition to voting for biden.

but you can’t be on the winning side without both the president and the senate working together. if you are worried about the republicans controlling the senate you should be EXTRA worried that a trump/republican president will give them the nominees they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i look forward to voting in person on tuesday, i get pretend im a giant when i pee in the elementary school urinal.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

why the gently caress are you talking about the supreme court still? it's gone. it's over. and if you're expecting the dems to do anything about it other than make some whining noises to drive campaign donations you're a loving rube.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i might even pull my pants down all the way to my ankles to complete the experience

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Oneiros posted:

why the gently caress are you talking about the supreme court still? it's gone. it's over. and if you're expecting the dems to do anything other than make some whining noises to drive campaign donations you're a loving rube.

there will still be supreme court appointments in the future and it’d be really stupid to keep loving them up, you complete idiot.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

there will still be supreme court appointments in the future and it’d be really stupid to keep loving them up, you complete idiot.

the supreme court is lost for a generation or more already and the dems are going to do absolutely gently caress all about it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

"well the court is lost for a generation but we'll get them in 30 years!" isn't really an inspiring message.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
there is no reason to let trump keep appointing justices. i can’t believe I have to say this.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

there is no reason to let trump keep appointing justices. i can’t believe I have to say this.

do you believe that any of trump's scotus appointments have been legitimate

followup, if the answer to that is 'no', what do you believe joe biden is going to do about that

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

kitten emergency posted:

do you believe that any of trump's scotus appointments have been legitimate

followup, if the answer to that is 'no', what do you believe joe biden is going to do about that

1) doesn’t matter
2) not be donald trump

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
having all 9 members of the supreme court conservative is just hard mode.

y’all trying to play that amateur poo poo, thought you were pros? guess not

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

1) doesn’t matter
2) not be donald trump

this is honestly sadder than a trump supporter rationale because they're at least getting something in return for their vote

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im sure biden's theoretical picks will be scrutinized and we'll make sure that unlike ACB, they've actually worked as a judge more than 3 years prior to their scotus appointment. There's absolutely no way they'll fast track garbage centrists that hmm about roe v wade and the legitimacy of black people voting in a continuation of their idiot tack of 'trying to appeal to the right wing'. nope. no chance

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the last time to worry about the supreme court was back when obama was president but rbg decided that it was more important for her to keep writing dissents than to retire with a guaranteed liberal replacement

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also lmao if you think trump actually pulled acb's business card out of his wallet and said WHAT ABOUT THIS NICE LADY?

joe will be 0% less susceptible to the wormtongue ear of a garbage cabinet than trump. he'll """""" pick """"" from the same loving pool.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
im going to the polling place but im not actually voting. i just enjoy the atmosphere, sort of like going to a music festival but not having a ticket. just political tailgating

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
it’s all about the votes they don’t cast man

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

elementary school

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

pull my pants down all the way to my ankles

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i just enjoy the atmosphere

:hmmyes:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

like, it'd be arguably better if biden won just for comedy potential so i'm hoping that he does but i don't really think it's going to make things better (and in fact will make many things worse!)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
serious and non-malicious question for the folks not voting biden: would another dem nominee, further to left but still in the democratic mainstream, be more palatable?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

1) doesn’t matter
2) not be donald trump

Rich white guy who won't be affected by GOP policies votes Biden, pretends he did something useful

many sides, folks.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
just to clarify, “good” and “democrat” are pretty much mutually exclusive in my book.

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

President Beep posted:

serious and non-malicious question for the folks not voting biden: would another dem nominee, further to left but still in the democratic mainstream, be more palatable?

The Democratic mainstream is Reaganism lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

yes we loving screamed and poured our blood sweat and tears and campaign donations and phone time into bernard sanders and the dems literally called a cabal meeting and said `everybody but biden drop out in the same week so we can consolidate our center lib numbers`. i would have maxed my $2800 personal donation and spent weeks on the phone being yelled at canvassing if they would have let him have a legit shot.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

also lmao if you think trump actually pulled acb's business card out of his wallet and said WHAT ABOUT THIS NICE LADY?

joe will be 0% less susceptible to the wormtongue ear of a garbage cabinet than trump. he'll """""" pick """"" from the same loving pool.

calling in all the democratic ghouls to ask for a judge pick is still less bad than calling in all the republican ghouls 🤷🏼‍♂️

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

yes we loving screamed and poured our blood sweat and tears and campaign donations and phone time into bernard sanders and the dems literally called a cabal meeting and said `everybody but biden drop out in the same week so we can consolidate our center lib numbers`. i would have maxed my $2800 personal donation and spent weeks on the phone being yelled at canvassing if they would have let him have a legit shot.

lol yeah

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

calling in all the democratic ghouls to ask for a judge pick is still less bad than calling in all the republican ghouls 🤷🏼‍♂️

[Citation Needed]

The last democratic prez nominated Merrick fuckin Garland

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

gop: baby jails
dnc: _all-gender bathrooms_ in the baby jails!

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

President Beep posted:

i would have voted for several of the other potential dem nominees, yes. my primary issues with biden are that he has a long track record of helping get us to the point where we ended up with trump, he's not as sharp as he used to be, plus he's gross. i wouldn't have voted for buttigieg or some of the others for similar reasons. i'm curious to see though, if he's elected will rona be less bad, would he actually lead on it? will the gop refuse additional stimulus out of spite?

Apr 7, 2003

America as we knew it growing up is done. It's over and dead and fuckin' gone. It ain't coming back.

The question here is whether or not we get Christian ethnofascism or something a little better.

Voting centrist everything-to-everyone is enabling Christian ethnofascism. hth.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

[Citation Needed]

The last democratic prez nominated Merrick fuckin Garland

dude look at the loving loon in a literal tradcath cult who just got appointed.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

under a biden presidency there will definitely not be any baby jails

they'll be called "family residential centers" instead

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

dude look at the loving loon in a literal tradcath cult who just got appointed.

Hey, guess what a Democratic Senate would have prevented?

The Senate is where kings are made or broken. The presidency doesn't matter.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
NGL I would have voted for even liz warren.

Here's the thing. Everybody said "oh bernie had a heart attack he can't do a term" and missed the point.

We knew he is old as gently caress and time's about to catch up with him.

the point was that we wanted the win. We wanted to know that a majority of Americans supported his platform and given that mandate, even if bernie would have dropped dead in month 1 of his presidency, we would still have been victorious and would have an election precedent that This Is What The Citizens Want and could continue to push. None of us had any delusions about him living forever. It's unfortunate that nobody younger than him with a similar platform was in play, but that was the game plan.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/HomersBestBits/status/1321154214551293959

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Rich white guy who won't be affected by GOP policies votes Biden, pretends he did something useful

many sides, folks.

nah if they do overturn roe v wade i’d probably have to leave T*xas (because of all the babies i put in people just by being around them) so it’s actually getting too close for comfort now.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
who is we?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also VP nina turner was on the table when bernie was still in play and gently caress you to hell if you couldn't get excited about that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

just to clarify, “good” and “democrat” are pretty much mutually exclusive in my book.

bernie was my compromise candidate. i have never voted for a democrat for president, he would have been the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

nah if they do overturn roe v wade i’d probably have to leave T*xas (because of all the babies i put in people just by being around them) so it’s actually getting too close for comfort now.

Aren't you married?