Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Jonny 290 posted:

the vast bulk of the sanders platform was literally nothing more than universal healthcare plz. thats it. thats all people really wanted out of him. so congrats on wanting people to continue Loving Shopping For The Best Deal On Health Insurance

we weren't expecting to frag out Shell Oil or Facebook or federally mandate funding for transition surgeries or prepay black lung miner benefits. all people wanted was single payer UHC. That's it. That's loving it.

this is some serious "baby just learned about how the sausage is made" poo poo

single payer will never happen in this country because it will always be worth money and capital always wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i would perhaps suggest that the reason that joe biden is the nominee is because of useful idiots who hippie punch every four years while screaming that we simply must vote for the democratic nominee, and if we dont, it's because of our privilege! :thunk:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Blinkz0rz posted:

so here's the thing. you don't have any skin in the game

hi, literally suck my rear end and disappear forever you loving turd

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Blinkz0rz posted:

single payer will never happen in this country because it will always be worth money and capital always wins

then what are you doing if you readily admit that you are always gonna lose? who cares then

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
idk, i bet single payer happens here someday

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

I think he'd rather stay in the senate and keep his sweet sweet committee positions than wind up in a cabinet position can be ignored on a whim.

Bernie's definitely friends with Biden though and I think that plays into the endorsement. People in the senate not named Cruz really do get along with each other a lot. Hell, Bernie was friends with McCain for god's sake.

remember when people were saying that you can't vote for mccain because he's too old (72 at the time) and obviously on the verge of death?

i wonder how many of those people are now screaming that you have to vote for a 78 year old with dementia?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Blinkz0rz posted:

your posts always read as someone who is well off, detached from the real world and incredibly smug. i'd still like to hear more about your contempt for your employees but you never seemed to answer that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the part that people can't legally talk about because it gets lowtaxes and jeffreys subpoenad is the only part that is going to change anything. period.

minecraft

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

kitten emergency posted:

weird, i did all of that and then the democratic establishment coordinated a ratfucking of my guy after he swept the first four states.

aren't most yosposters in their 30s at least? it's like you've never been involved in politics before

also everything before super tuesday is pointless and the fact that people think it is has more to do with the media than politics. not gonna argue about how hard the dnc hosed over bernie

maybe you should consider organizing for a 3rd party at the local level until it becomes politically viable but until that day you kinda have to hitch your cart to one of the 2 existing horses if you want to get anything at all

fart simpson posted:

im still american, this is a weird question imo

we've been over this before but you have no skin in the game and your attitude reeks of privilege

be invested in the consequences or shut the gently caress up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the problem is that's not even a threat on the right, because they're a death cult, and they've given up on this life, and all they want to do is go play a harp with Uncle Jim and their cousin that died in a fiery Mustang DUI wreck in '84, so there's literally nothing you can do to appease or influence them. even the worst case scenario for them is fine because, as they often accused the Indians and Asians of believing, they think life is cheap.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
a,erica........is dum

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

the part that people can't legally talk about because it gets lowtaxes and jeffreys subpoenad is the only part that is going to change anything. period.

minecraft

100% agreed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bump_fn posted:

a,erica........is dum

WHATS UP EXPAT TEA-SIPPER

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Blinkz0rz posted:

we've been over this before but you have no skin in the game and your attitude reeks of privilege

be invested in the consequences or shut the gently caress up

lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

joe biden told his wealthy donors "nothing will fundamentally change if i'm president"

so why should i vote for him?

joe biden wants to give the cops more funding and thinks they should shoot people in the leg rather than the chest

joe biden has been credibly accused of sexual assault and rape (just like ol' donny trump!)

joe biden loves fracking

why is it incumbent on me to support someone that will, by his own admission, not make the fundamental changes required to prevent a competent trump from rising up in the future?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

minecraft

mods are cops

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

joe biden wants to put republicans in his cabinet. republicans! the people who have spent the last four years enabling "the most dangerous president of all time"! why?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
remember when joe biden told us that we didn't need assault rifles, but just a good ole fashioned double barreled shotgun, and you go out on the porch and Fire Two Blasts

which is not only in violation of like every city law ever, but, if you're using a double barrel shotgun, now indicates that you are out of ammo and ready to be ambushed

poo poo, at this point i'm not sure which party is more of a death cult

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Broken Machine posted:

your posts always read as someone who is well off, detached from the real world and incredibly smug. i'd still like to hear more about your contempt for your employees but you never seemed to answer that

i don't have employees

my title was from a time where i suggested that team composition has an effect on how directly a manager has to be involved and i got pilloried for it because posters in that thread couldn't fathom that junior programmers might need more senior folks and their management immediately available to them

if that's how you read my posts i'm sorry but that's on you. my attitude is that i'm sick and tired of the way that goons jerk off to electoral politics and pretend that being an accelerationist doesn't affect other, less fortunate people

i'm sorry biden is the nominee. he sucks big time and his history and policies are abhorrent to me. but if there's one candidate that's going to push to outlaw gay marriage or ban abortion or any of the number of crucial social and economic issues that goons conveniently forget actually affect real people it's gonna be trump, not biden and you should remember that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

remember when joe biden told us that we didn't need assault rifles, but just a good ole fashioned double barreled shotgun, and you go out on the porch and Fire Two Blasts

which is not only in violation of like every city law ever, but, if you're using a double barrel shotgun, now indicates that you are out of ammo and ready to be ambushed

poo poo, at this point i'm not sure which party is more of a death cult

sorry jonny but you have no skin in the game. you have to stop talking about this now. thanks for your understanding

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

guns are for pussies

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the guy saying violent revolution is the only way we can possibly get healthcare also says guns are for pussies and you have to vote for biden?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Why would the guy living in the country both parties actively want to start ww3 with possibly have any skin in the game? :thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ugh. loving hellworld is awful. and it has us all at each other’s throats.

oneiros, if you’re reading this, I’d like apologize for calling you a dick last night and getting all petulent. that’s not how i want to behave, especially towards people that I actually have a lot in common with ideologically.

:sigh:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

fart simpson posted:

the guy saying violent revolution is the only way we can possibly get healthcare also says guns are for pussies and you have to vote for biden?

Blinkz0rz sighs as he unsheathes his katana

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

WHATS UP EXPAT TEA-SIPPER

not much it’s estimated that 20% of covid deaths here were from the government wanting restaurants and offices to reopen so they wouldn’t have to pay furloughs anymore

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Thanks to internet posts I assume people sparring in Japan are just constantly sighing before doing things.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

bump_fn posted:

not much it’s estimated that 20% of covid deaths here were from the government wanting restaurants and offices to reopen so they wouldn’t have to pay furloughs anymore

it was up to £10 off though wasn't it, that's practically free!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the hosed up part is this theoretically should have caused a real estate crash if not at least a hiccup, and housing prices are up more and more.

i have saved an incredible amount of money on the sheer hope that i could buy 3 acres with a cold-water cabin next year, but instead of housing being down 27% it's up 19%

I'm just going to buy a loving ferrari and drive it straight into an overpass pillar

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

in the upcoming american version of harry potter thats how you get to hogwarts

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the french came up with a solution for all this in the late 18th century but posting about that on the 'net gets you banned by the mod-cops of supposed "left" spaces out of fear of invoking three letter agencies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I voted for Biden. Washington is a safe blue state but it sounds like there is a legitimate concern that Trump will attempt to throw out results if they're tallied after November 3rd... Washington isn't a swing state but I wanted to "run up the score" nationally as if it would do anything...

Also got to vote in some cool King County Charter stuff and for governor, etc... 35 choices on our ballot it was a marathon.

I think the rest of the thread has pointed out various areas where Biden would be a (disappointingly small) improvement over Trump, but something I haven't seen is: Trump using the presidency to pander to and legitimatize militia groups... no more "stand back and stand by" no more "poll watchers" etc. They'll still exist obviously, but every day the president wont be on the news saying something supporting their view points. Maybe that sounds like a """"return to decorum"""" comment but everything else being equal, yeah, I'll return to decorum, because it feels like we're on the verge of a civil war after just 4 years of this nonsense.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

To clarify I was a Howie supporter but The Stranger guilt-ed me into biden, they have a really good voting guide every election year and they got to me :(

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i agree that biden won't empower nazi groups (other than the cops) but i also think the expansion of fed cop powers is going to extremely overwhelm whatever benefit you get from that. a bunch of dumbasses jacking each other off in the woods isnt much of a threat (like, the total body count of pro-trump militia members is still lower than, what, a single school shooting) but the fbi being able to escalate americans into terrorism charges seems like a great way to further erode our civil rights

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

it'll be nice to have a pres not shitposting bigotry and qanon junk on twitter. that part sounds refreshing

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
give hunter the potus twitter account

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
sometimes i walk through doors when they’re still closed and it hurts

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

President Beep posted:

in the upcoming american version of harry potter thats how you get to hogwarts

fuckin lol

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

would a discussion of president harris change anything around here? getting this worked up over biden when he’s not going to do much seems kinda futile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
who?