Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Thanks for posting the builds with the LMG/Negotiator (even if I need to get used to just how much I can peek and shoot before I instantly melt) and especially the Shield/Foundry build - It's surprisingly comfy in both solo and duo play!

Two things I'm curious about though;
What is the relationship between Weapon Accuracy, Weapon Handling, and Weapon Stability?
Between the Sticky Bomb and Chemical Launcher, which one should I try to get used to when I'm running Eclipse to put things on fire?

Lamquin fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lamquin posted:

Thanks for posting the builds with the LMG/Negotiator (even if I need to get used to just how much I can peek and shoot before I instantly melt) and especially the Shield/Foundry build - It's surprisingly comfy in both solo and duo play!

Two things I'm curious about though;
What is the relationship between Weapon Accuracy, Weapon Handling, and Weapon Stability?
Between the Sticky Bomb and Chemical Launcher, which one should I try to get used to when I'm running Eclipse to put things on fire?

1% of weapon handling gives you 1% stability, 1% accuracy, 1% reload speed, 1% weapon swap speed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

HiriseSoftware posted:

Gonna pop some green smoke for Sean Connery today. :(
:scotland:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Wheeee. Two days to do almost all of the Dusk hunt, mixing in some Field Specialization and Liberty parts-pulling. Dusk actually wasn't too bad, it was the first Southeast bounty that was a bitch. Final named True Sumbitch was dropping a turret that fired those disgusting burning-tar blobs, *and* was humping armor kits once they were knocked down into the health bar. :argh: Kept running out of AR ammo, especially when I managed to get the Sinkhole run up the CP4, to the point I (uh, accidentally) called for assistance. A couple others showed and then dropped, but the one dude (who kept getting wiped) stayed for the completing, then followed me to his doom at the Solar Farm. Did commend him, though so if you were following <-<-<- this playername who kinda sucked, hope it helped, and sorry to get you murdered so much!

Am I supposed to still get Concealed Agenda crates after completing the Season 3 reward track? Had another one drop last night, in the middle of multiple Field Proficiency ones.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You get a season cache for I think gaining all the bonus experience from the manhunt stuff.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kibayasu posted:

You get a season cache for I think gaining all the bonus experience from the manhunt stuff.

OK, cool. Not that I really *needed* more Hunter's Laptop pieces, or the skin components to build more.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Found a few bits of Eclipse gear so might trade ND for that later on. My question is how the gently caress do you stay alive using EP? My armour already dropped from 1.2m to around 900k by changing my usual gear for ND and when I compared the EP stuff it will drop to about 600k. I’m gonna get shanked. Is it a case of just stay the gently caress out of the way?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

Found a few bits of Eclipse gear so might trade ND for that later on. My question is how the gently caress do you stay alive using EP? My armour already dropped from 1.2m to around 900k by changing my usual gear for ND and when I compared the EP stuff it will drop to about 600k. I’m gonna get shanked. Is it a case of just stay the gently caress out of the way?

Whenever I played Eclipse it felt like a group support build. You foam enemies, set them on fire, and/or disrupt them for other people to shoot and kill. If you’re using it by yourself I think you’d almost have to run with 1 status effect skill and then either the gun turret/drone, the latter at the very least to deal with tanks or robots.

But yes, with any skill build all you can really do is stay in cover, it’s not like you gun can really save you.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Optimization station coming back in TU12. Needs new materials you get from breaking down guns and gear.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Optimization station coming back in TU12. Needs new materials you get from breaking down guns and gear.
Also options to always show masks, and Inventory (not stash) increased to 150.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kibayasu posted:

Whenever I played Eclipse it felt like a group support build. You foam enemies, set them on fire, and/or disrupt them for other people to shoot and kill. If you’re using it by yourself I think you’d almost have to run with 1 status effect skill and then either the gun turret/drone, the latter at the very least to deal with tanks or robots.

But yes, with any skill build all you can really do is stay in cover, it’s not like you gun can really save you.

Makes sense. Might give it a try on some easy checkpoints then save it for when I play with friends on a Monday.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Roman posted:

Yeeeees

Actually the entire SOTG looks dope as gently caress, and i'm psyched

Morter fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 4, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Argh. Trying to do the prereqs for the Dodge City Holster, the belt was p. easy, even though I'd never hosed around in that area of the map before. (Somehow lost some rogues heading to the gas station, wonder if the wandered opposite the way I was heading for the one second it took for the music to go from "nearby" to "lol gone"?)

So, head northeast young man, and go tear up Red Dragon, once you get it boosted to CP4. Get flatlined twice, swap gear/tactics, clear the CP at 4! And before I can start the capture, it drops to 3. :smithicide: No holster part for me... either it needs to stay at 4 for the whole capture, or the cowboy-hat-named-elite died somewhere outside the control zone, I dunno.

Did get my SHD Donation weekly Exotic cache.

Liberty. :suicide:

Faffing about the other day, heading from the safehouse to the Washington Monument, stumbled into the secret heist location, which was OK, but I was actually trying for straight-up sewers... when I did find the big one, I was waiting to hit the lower level until I'd cleared the upper. Got to one end, started hearing... *things*. Jingling. Footsteps. Motor revving. :unsmigghh:

Finally went downstairs when I couldn't find the source of the noises. Cleared almost all of it. Went to the last crate, behind the spraypaint-marked board OH HEY WONDER WHAT THIS COULD MEAN and got my first chainsaw boi, who cleverly leaped from the upper level, and not-so-cleverly got stunlocked by the landing I guess, and kinda just stood them taking 1.4mil base damage headshots from my not-even-named 870, until he died. His buddy, who stayed topside to shoot, got a faceful of buckshot right after.

Swapped back to Chameleon before going topside again, of course.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Open world random rogue agents (as opposed to the ones you might get at CPs) always spawn in the same place but if you get far enough away, whether because you don’t know where they are or just go “gently caress that”, they despawn like anything else.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kibayasu posted:

Open world random rogue agents (as opposed to the ones you might get at CPs) always spawn in the same place but if you get far enough away, whether because you don’t know where they are or just go “gently caress that”, they despawn like anything else.

I'm just annoyed that I went 20 feet one direction, and suddenly the music went to zero. :smith: I probably should go spawn a hunter, if I want more of a challenge, I guess.

<sfx="car door repeatedly opening and slamming">

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Roman posted:

Welp not touching the crafting table again

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Divtech back??????

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what's the optimization station do? was that a D1 thing?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

Divtech back??????

Kind of, if it was split into 4 resources gained from 4 different sources (though they all overlap) and you could only optimize 1 stat at a time.

pmchem posted:

Optimization will be spending resources to upgrade the stats on a piece of gear over time until you hit max stats. So if you’ve got a piece of armor with the core and both attributes you want but they are low rolls you can spend resources to eventually get those rolls to max.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

pmchem posted:

It was a table in end-of-life Division 1. You pump in resources to push up an item's existing stats. I can't remember the exact formula but the jump from 50% to 70% would cost the same as 95% to 100% or some similar diminishing returns.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Shumagorath posted:

It was a table in end-of-life Division 1. You pump in resources to push up an item's existing stats. I can't remember the exact formula but the jump from 50% to 70% would cost the same as 95% to 100% or some similar diminishing returns.

It was pretty expensive, but not an impossible grind.
I played very casually in D1 when it came around, but 'perfecting' a weapon was something you could afford to do every two weeks or so, usually, given the resource sink.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Kibayasu posted:

Kind of, if it was split into 4 resources gained from 4 different sources (though they all overlap) and you could only optimize 1 stat at a time.

hey sounds good to me. currencies dont take up stash space!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, it's the last boss that show up for the capture. Found the cheese-point (tunnel into the Construction Site CP) last night, and called for the local backup from there just after waking all the Hyenas up. Hid down there for all but the last two enemies, and managed to get topside and restock as the next (takeback) wave spawned, fought them from the minigun floor, and Cowboy Hyena finally showed and was *really loving intent* on murdering me, facetanking everyone and everything shooting while charging in hey-diddle-diddle straight up the middle. Managed to get down by her, revived by an NPC, finished her off and YAY WE WON!

And I got my drat holster part.

Two to go.

Then the saloon.

For a holster I probably will install in my stash forever.

Also did Viewpoint just to bust Wade's helmet before finishing him off, which turned out to be fairly easy because I charged and killed the EMPs before a lot of enemies could spawn, and killed my drone before it could murder him. Gifted him a riot foam grenade, stood off about ten feet and magdumped him in the face.

Ended up pissing off to NYFC to hit the vendors, did some casual murdering of pulsed enemies for Field Sobriety, and caught something different: fatboy with a minigun...

...and a medbag instead of a grenade pouch, which I could visibly see healing him as the fight continued. :pwn:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Black tusk minigunners always have a healing box on their back, it just almost never matters because once you punch through their armor they die very quickly. Usually before the heal box has a chance to kick in. It’s also quite easy to destroy because it’s visible from almost every angle.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

Quick Question. I have some exotics to get still, namely pestilence, bullet king, and vile mask. Do I need to farm targeted loot drops for these before they will populate in exotic caches? The caches only seem to cycle through items that I already have, so I have held onto a few.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
For what it's worth I got my first Ninjabike pads in an exotic cache and i've never gotten an exotic thing from the DZ

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Bird posted:

Quick Question. I have some exotics to get still, namely pestilence, bullet king, and vile mask. Do I need to farm targeted loot drops for these before they will populate in exotic caches? The caches only seem to cycle through items that I already have, so I have held onto a few.

All of those are in the general pool so it’s just bad luck.

Targeted loot zones will work (eventually) but Pestilence and Bullet King can also drop from named enemies in:

Pestilence can drop from DZ named enemies.
Bullet King can drop from Riker mission bosses.
I believe these are separate chances from target loot drops so for example running Wall Street while it is on LMG target loot wouldn’t increase your chances from getting it from the Riker bosses in the mission.

The Vile’s sources I believe are just target loot, caches, mission completion reward (no specific faction or mission, just luck), and raid bosses.

Don’t do bounties to try and get a targeted loot exotic because bounties have their own specific exotic, the Chameleon, which might dilute the chances of getting the targeted loot exotic. I’ve never been sure about that but I’ve also gotten a lot of Chameleons from bounties and not a lot else.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 5, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Yup. Only Vile I've ever seen was a rando lootbox somewhere. First BK was a drop at Wall Street, think my second was an Exotic cache.

Nary a hint of a Pestilence or Coyote mask, though. Seven Go-Bags in total, three Chameleons, two Imperial Dynasties (in the same mission lol) but god drat look at all the gearset parts! Another six Future Initiative last night, I'm actually selling the dupes because none have had stats to rip, and I'm maxed out on the components.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kibayasu posted:

Don’t do bounties to try and get a targeted loot exotic because bounties have their own specific exotic,

I don't think this is right, your bad luck aside. But I've never bothered to check, either, because I rarely do bounties.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Chameleon is definitely a bounty specific exotic but what I don’t know is if that interferes with the odds of getting an exotic of another type.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Chameleon has bounties as its unique source, but that doesn't mean you can't get other exotics off of them.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
OK, Eclipse/Imperial Dynasty finally clicked for me - first idiot catches fire, dies, and all the others nearby light up too. This was hilarious with the spawnclosets in American History and Air and Space Museums last night, not to mention one hostage rescue and a few supply convoys.

Also useful was firestarter chemlauncher - PURIFY WITH FLAME! Between the mission replays and lighting up Sons, I've nearly completed the first 30 points of the League, and I still have two missions to replay.

Did another level 4 CP, died a couple times but returned in time to clear it, cap started and the cowboy-hat named Elite showed up, and was murdered with some difficulty. (IE, I still suck at gaming.)

Still, level 4! Correct named Elite in the CP area! Yay! :toot:

hosed up and did another Hyena CP. :smithicide:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ygolonac posted:

OK, Eclipse/Imperial Dynasty finally clicked for me - first idiot catches fire, dies, and all the others nearby light up too. This was hilarious with the spawnclosets in American History and Air and Space Museums last night, not to mention one hostage rescue and a few supply convoys.

Also useful was firestarter chemlauncher - PURIFY WITH FLAME! Between the mission replays and lighting up Sons, I've nearly completed the first 30 points of the League, and I still have two missions to replay.

Did another level 4 CP, died a couple times but returned in time to clear it, cap started and the cowboy-hat named Elite showed up, and was murdered with some difficulty. (IE, I still suck at gaming.)

Still, level 4! Correct named Elite in the CP area! Yay! :toot:

hosed up and did another Hyena CP. :smithicide:

I just want an EP chest piece then I’m going to try the same. Are you a solo player and how does it work out on your own? What weapons and skills are you using with the EP? So many questions lol.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

monkeytennis posted:

I just want an EP chest piece then I’m going to try the same. Are you a solo player and how does it work out on your own? What weapons and skills are you using with the EP? So many questions lol.

It works pretty well solo. I'd recommend pairing it with In Sync on your weapon talent or if you've got a good Pyromaniac with ignite assuming you're going fire specifically. The problem you run into is it's great at groups of reds and purples, then a big Chungus comes out that's immune to fire and you're stuck shooting him with your gun that sucks.

Personally I run the eclipse chest, A golan backpack re-rolled to skill core, +status effects rolled on all items , an LMG with In Sync on it and then a Stinger hive and firestarter chem launcher. I swap the hive out for a jammer pulse if I'm fighting black tusk.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

monkeytennis posted:

Solo, EP chest/pack/knees/mask, Imperial Dynasty holster and my red damage/CHD/CHC gloves I think. Guns are Chameleon/Grudge, for the most part, strike drone and either the light shield or chem launcher, occasionally if I needed more support I swapped launcher for turret. Might try airburst seeker or bomber drone, see what levels of arson I can accomplish that way. Creeping Death might work for a missing EP piece, if you can still make 4 parts.

It's mainly a hide'n'shoot build, for me, but closing in and getting people burning makes a giant different than just AFK'ing for robodeath. (Also doing close assault for Field Sobriety Research.)

Once item chroming (optimisation) hits, I might end up with some silly-level builds, especially with how often I get gearset drops any more. (Think NYC is where the Eclipse really shows up - still missing a couple blueprints for those.)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Eclipse builds for anyone looking for guidance:

Solo - clears any league mission with time to spare (short of the really open ones like Zoo or White Oak).

Crowd control for Legendary missions

Also, I popped this out of a clan cache while logging in to take the other two screenshots.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Requested to join Hot Dogs, will get on the Discord

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, mainly loving around and chasing control points/random encounters/no-armor-kits-Ridgeway for Field Sobriety, and I maxed out the "Burn Sons" section of the League. :supaburn:

And I still have some poo poo to do with the Sons weekly.

Also, from the above, I did get me the Sleipnir blueprints. It's OK, but not thrilling. Maybe I should have done that Bank Vault Classified mission with True Patriot for a better test...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ICR posted:

*NOTE: PC clans are AHO (Agents On Hold) and a bunch of inactive ones so just join AHO

hey ICR can you update the op for PC clans, thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Could probably use a new OP as well at some point. Maybe after optimization/EOL patch.