Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Problem description: Randomly as I am playing CSGO my mouse will just stop working for 1.25 seconds randomly. What I meant is I cant look left or right or shoot

Attempted fixes: Uninstalled the game, reinstalled. deleted all mouse drivers. reinstalled them. bought another wired mouse, changed USB ports.

Recent changes: Been like this for months

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64bit pro.

System specs: intel iy-8700k 3.7 , 16 gig ram

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Make sure W10 is fully updated and that you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

I've heard some have issues if a mouse is plugged into a newer USB port. Try using an older 2.x if possible.
Sometimes a mouse can act odd if it's plugged into a USB 3.0

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Is it specifically CSGO only?

My work computer has a USB switch and the mouse freezes every so often when I use it, unless I plug it into the system directly. It sounds like this is what you're already doing, but on my searches a number of people reported that mouse freezing issues can be related to power saving settings

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zogo posted:

Make sure W10 is fully updated and that you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

I've heard some have issues if a mouse is plugged into a newer USB port. Try using an older 2.x if possible.
Sometimes a mouse can act odd if it's plugged into a USB 3.0

W10 is fully updated, and I need to check my motherboard BIOS and make sure that's up to date. It was in a USB 2 and just switched it to USB 3 and still issue.

@cloner, yes, it only happens in CSGO, doesn't happen in Valorant or anything else.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just installed latest Bios update and still happening.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Run DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300
and then after that install the latest GPU drivers.

If that doesn't help then try running CSGO in compatibility mode.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zogo posted:

Run DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300
and then after that install the latest GPU drivers.

If that doesn't help then try running CSGO in compatibility mode.

Ran DDU, and installed latest geforce driver without experience. And still doing it..

So to do compatibility mode I go to the .exe and right click and move to windows 8?

I set it up this way:

Still freezing. Also I did it in a bot game and it still would freeze (was trying to make sure it wasn't some weird network issue).

fyallm fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 2, 2020

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fyallm posted:

So to do compatibility mode I go to the .exe and right click and move to windows 8?

I set it up this way:

Yeah, try running it in Windows 7 mode and check the run as administrator box.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zogo posted:

Yeah, try running it in Windows 7 mode and check the run as administrator box.

And launching the game theough steam will cause these options to take effect that i set on the .exe?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just changed it to windows 7 and ran as administrator and still did it.... If I am flicking hard or moving my mouse quickly (I think) it happens more often... Could it be a polling problem?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
ok... so I think I figured out what causes it.. I pick up my mouse when I'm moving and I put it back down but its way further left or right when I put it down..... I think that maybe related to dpi or polling? Is there maybe an in game setting or something? I don't get it.... I have so many hours and never dealt with this before.. I think its the long drag

fyallm fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 3, 2020

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fyallm posted:

And launching the game theough steam will cause these options to take effect that i set on the .exe?

It's been a very long time since I used steam. You'd probably have to make a shortcut to the .exe file with those options selected to be sure.

fyallm posted:

ok... so I think I figured out what causes it.. I pick up my mouse when I'm moving and I put it back down but its way further left or right when I put it down..... I think that maybe related to dpi or polling? Is there maybe an in game setting or something? I don't get it.... I have so many hours and never dealt with this before..

That crossed my mind but since you said it was only happening with CSGO I didn't think it was an issue. Some mice have issues with some surfaces etc.

Using a mouse with a ball would confirm this as being the issue.

Might as well post the exact mice models you've used.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zogo posted:

That crossed my mind but since you said it was only happening with CSGO I didn't think it was an issue. Some mice have issues with some surfaces etc.

Using a mouse with a ball would confirm this as being the issue.

Might as well post the exact mice models you've used.

Well I def am not as 'aggressive' or moving my mouse as quick or picking it up and putting it down outside of Counter-Strike. not even as crazy in Valorant.... I pick it up and put it down pretty hard and move it quick.. But as my screenshot showed, I have like 3k hours in the game and have been playing that way the whole time.

I've used a Razer Deathadder, a HK Gaming Mouse and some random lovely Dell mouse. They all do it.

I also had a razer rgb mousepad, and then bought a new amazon basic mousepad because some people told me about 'dead zones' in mouse pads. Do they still make ball mice? who would have thought

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Ok.... now it just did it outside of CSGO, while in these forums... gently caress.. Im going to have to reformat aren't I.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just did this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...0checker%20tool

And I got that it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. and I have the log but I have no idea how to read it... But now I am noticing it outside of csgo so this is everywhere.

And that didn't fix it either..

Any idea why it would be showing 3 different HID compliant mice things?

Also I have 2 monitors. 1 is a dell monitor at 59hz and the other is a Acer Predator running at 165hz... Could the 2 different hz be an issue?

fyallm fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 3, 2020

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fyallm posted:

I've used a Razer Deathadder, a HK Gaming Mouse and some random lovely Dell mouse. They all do it.

I also had a razer rgb mousepad, and then bought a new amazon basic mousepad because some people told me about 'dead zones' in mouse pads. Do they still make ball mice? who would have thought

Some optical (led) vs. laser mice will perform differently but it depends on when they were made and the model etc.

I know trackballs are still sold on sites. They don't manufacture a lot of the older style mice but they can still be found.

fyallm posted:

Just did this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...0checker%20tool

And I got that it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. and I have the log but I have no idea how to read it... But now I am noticing it outside of csgo so this is everywhere.

If you have an HD I'd use CDI at this point to see if it has issues: https://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fyallm posted:

Any idea why it would be showing 3 different HID compliant mice things?

Maybe because you have tried a lot of them lately. I'd delete all of them.

fyallm posted:

Also I have 2 monitors. 1 is a dell monitor at 59hz and the other is a Acer Predator running at 165hz... Could the 2 different hz be an issue?

Not AFAIK but using two monitors adds another layer of issues. Try using only one monitor to find out.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I deleted all HID mice, and before I run this crystaldiskinfo.exe , my main harddrive is the SSD... will that cause an issue?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

fyallm posted:

I deleted all HID mice, and before I run this crystaldiskinfo.exe , my main harddrive is the SSD... will that cause an issue?

No, the scan just takes a second to run.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zogo posted:

No, the scan just takes a second to run.

all of the HD's are good.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Unplugged my secondary monitor and still happening... Anyone have any other suggestion? I think I am going to have to reformat and try that :(

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just reformatted and still happening... Guess it's a motherboard issue?

After more research it looks like it might be called a liftoff bug? so when I pickup my mouse and put it back down i think it is causing it to pause to recalibrate or something... I just bought a BenQ Zowie EC2 Mouse and it gets here Sunday. Hopefully this fixes it.

Here is a overly drastic video of it happening: https://streamable.com/47uxml

fyallm fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 20, 2020

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Theoretically it could be some PSU, GPU, motherboard issue but after watching that video I don't even know if there's any hardware issue.

It looks like you're moving the mouse a foot and getting a 90 degree turn. I always played FPS games with mouse sensitivity turned a lot higher than that. Something more like an inch or so would get me a full 360 spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zogo posted:

Theoretically it could be some PSU, GPU, motherboard issue but after watching that video I don't even know if there's any hardware issue.

It looks like you're moving the mouse a foot and getting a 90 degree turn. I always played FPS games with mouse sensitivity turned a lot higher than that. Something more like an inch or so would get me a full 360 spin.

So what happens is, it randomly just stops moving for a few seconds then turns back on. My new mouse is supposed to come in today, hopefully this fixes it.