Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm a bodyguard, I went to protect Bif nights 1 and 3, and taste on night 2.

slightly less confident of Hal's towniness now

taste was BP, how would scum have known to use a juggernug ability on him unless they had deduced that through Hal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

taste was BP, how would scum have known to use a juggernug ability on him unless they had deduced that through Hal?

Taste and I never shared roles, only flavor, I would not have guessed Glory Girl was BP...

I mean obviously you can't know that but we did talk about it to some extent in the thread.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Taste and I never shared roles, only flavor, I would not have guessed Glory Girl was BP...

I mean obviously you can't know that but we did talk about it to some extent in the thread.

fair enough, but the question remains

(unless of course they just have juggernug as a matter of design)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

binus' claim was super bad, he has nothing to claim now but maybe tomorrow? feels bad
STG needs to claim and his avoiding doing that is a little suss.

STG did not need to claim :colbert: I already thought he was plenty cleared by the busdriver fiasco no matter what he had

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

How does juggernaut interact with bodyguard anyway? Would they just go through my block or kill both of us or just me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sirtommygunn posted:

How does juggernaut interact with bodyguard anyway? Would they just go through my block or kill both of us or just me?

Bifauxnen posted:

STG did not need to claim :colbert: I already thought he was plenty cleared by the busdriver fiasco no matter what he had

you're probably right, that was premature of me to ask, I felt like maybe a rolecop was hiding out in the unclaimed (i'm still kinda confused how scum knew to juggernug the BP guy)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sirtommygunn posted:

I would guess it would just bypass you but I'm not a mod

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

I have to say it's funny that N2 Taste was Bulletproof, doctored AND bodyguarded. Wish they had juggernauted him that night that would be epic

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

So you basically know I was jailed last night if your claim is true, so you think Tommu jailed his scumbro?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you basically know I was jailed last night if your claim is true, so you think Tommu jailed his scumbro?

oh yeah, no, I don't, good point

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Should you target one of your teammates with this ability, they will not be roleblocked, but remain protected.

I do.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Amni also only having a daytime messaging role feels really bizarre.

Not all to my role. I am also a watcher. At least one of the people claiming valuable town roles is legit, so I don't feel bad claiming.

N1 targetted Bif, got results I shared with her (4 people visited + me) it was solus, ASF, Scientastic and STG.
N2 I targetted Referee my action failed. I assumed I was roleblocked and informed Bif as much.
N3 I targetted bif again, let them know that STG and Sal visited them.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

STG is basically confirmed town to me, based on what I've seen of night actions and the ASF bus.
Obama and Bif are basically confirmed town to me because of the ASF Cult thing (Or they're both scum and holy poo poo is that a gambit, but it seems unlikely)
1 of Sandwolf and DB is scum. I think it's Sandwolf, and if it's not we kill DB tommorrow. I don't believe there is a framer AND a busdriver AND a jailer on the scum team.
that means there is 1 more scum left between Sal/Hal/Binus/Ref. I don't think that scum would use a nightvig to kill one of their own, so probbaly not ref.

So, kill sandwolf today. If DB is telling the truth and they flip town, then we have 1 of 3 targets to kill, with 5 town left, pretty good chances.
If DB was lying, then we kill him tommorrow and it means that Sal is cleared and we have 1 of 2 targets to kill with 4 town left.

Math says we've got this game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh interesting, I suppose that could be a thing then.

I doubt yami would accidentally tell sandwolf I went nowhere then realize he should change that to I couldn't be found if in reality I could go someplace but I know that isn't conclusive

Are you saying then that you think that is what happened?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

Not all to my role. I am also a watcher. At least one of the people claiming valuable town roles is legit, so I don't feel bad claiming.

N1 targetted Bif, got results I shared with her (4 people visited + me) it was solus, ASF, Scientastic and STG.
N2 I targetted Referee my action failed. I assumed I was roleblocked and informed Bif as much.
N3 I targetted bif again, let them know that STG and Sal visited them.

These are indeed the messages I got!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh interesting, I suppose that could be a thing then.

I doubt yami would accidentally tell sandwolf I went nowhere then realize he should change that to I couldn't be found if in reality I could go someplace but I know that isn't conclusive

Are you saying then that you think that is what happened?

I think it's possible, yes. I think the "went nowhere" thing wasn't a mod mistake and was a fumbled claim on Sandwolf's part.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

STG is basically confirmed town to me, based on what I've seen of night actions and the ASF bus.
Obama and Bif are basically confirmed town to me because of the ASF Cult thing (Or they're both scum and holy poo poo is that a gambit, but it seems unlikely)
1 of Sandwolf and DB is scum. I think it's Sandwolf, and if it's not we kill DB tommorrow. I don't believe there is a framer AND a busdriver AND a jailer on the scum team.
that means there is 1 more scum left between Sal/Hal/Binus/Ref. I don't think that scum would use a nightvig to kill one of their own, so probbaly not ref.

So, kill sandwolf today. If DB is telling the truth and they flip town, then we have 1 of 3 targets to kill, with 5 town left, pretty good chances.
If DB was lying, then we kill him tommorrow and it means that Sal is cleared and we have 1 of 2 targets to kill with 4 town left.

Math says we've got this game.

Hmmm not sure I agree there cant be a framer, busdriver and jailer, those are all pretty distinct roles and it is a role madness game. Not convinced there is by any means, but it doesn't seem out of the question.

I just don't see DB breadcrumbing that he copped me D2 as a fake-out. I also have a hard time thinking that Sandwolf made up the Yami correction bit and I can't see why he would use a track on me if he knew I was being jailed.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm not sure I agree there cant be a framer, busdriver and jailer, those are all pretty distinct roles and it is a role madness game. Not convinced there is by any means, but it doesn't seem out of the question.

I just don't see DB breadcrumbing that he copped me D2 as a fake-out. I also have a hard time thinking that Sandwolf made up the Yami correction bit and I can't see why he would use a track on me if he knew I was being jailed.

I don't think scum yami tracked you.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

I don't think scum yami tracked you.

...scum sandwolf.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I think it's possible, yes. I think the "went nowhere" thing wasn't a mod mistake and was a fumbled claim on Sandwolf's part.

I get that, but I also thought that it wasn't possible for a mod to make an error like that in a recent game and figured the person who said it was scum and naturally it turned out to be real and they were town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

...scum sandwolf.

Yeah, I wish he had said that before I claimed to be blocked.

I do in general think Sandwolf is the more likely scum, I really just don't like the "well if he isn't scum then we just do DB tomorrow"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

there is absolutely a small, but not insignificant chance, that both DB and I are town but I sure as hell don't want to be around to have to figure that out

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol I think taste was right and it does have to be binus, I agree Ref probably wouldn't have vigged a teammate as scum, I largely agree with most other claims here, *could* still be Amni I think, but, a watcher than can announce his results to a player is extremely high utility as town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah, I wish he had said that before I claimed to be blocked.

I do in general think Sandwolf is the more likely scum, I really just don't like the "well if he isn't scum then we just do DB tomorrow"

Let's say we do that, and we're wrong.

currently at 10 -> Sandwolf + nightkil = 8. DB+nightking = 6. 6 with 2 sum left alive.
Scum would have to kill Sal, who copped town, and one of STG/Obama/Bif. That leaves 2 of Obama/Bif/STG Referee, myself, you and binus. At that point we kill binus and you, because that's clearly the scum team, and we win.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

why is obama confirmed? 'doublevoter' isn't an awesome town role

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

why is obama confirmed? 'doublevoter' isn't an awesome town role

Obama was already in the masonry with Bif when ASF claimed to the "cult" that he was scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Obama was already in the masonry with Bif when ASF claimed to the "cult" that he was scum.

hmm, could it not have been a 4D thinking move?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

The only flaw I see that's feesable is if Obama/Bif are running some kind of crazy gambit and sacrificed ASF.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

The only flaw I see that's feesable is if Obama/Bif are running some kind of crazy gambit and sacrificed ASF.

that'd be awesome but I did also think Bif's reason for relative disagreement early on made sense

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ok I’ve been thinking about it and while I’m not gonna fullclaim, I will say if you are town you definitely want to visit me. If you are scum, then lol visit at your own risk. No I don’t have a killing ability. Nothing will happen to you by visiting me. But I think we can break this game open by tomorrow

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Sandwolf posted:

there is absolutely a small, but not insignificant chance, that both DB and I are town but I sure as hell don't want to be around to have to figure that out

This is very unlikely imho

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Let's say we do that, and we're wrong.

currently at 10 -> Sandwolf + nightkil = 8. DB+nightking = 6. 6 with 2 sum left alive.
Scum would have to kill Sal, who copped town, and one of STG/Obama/Bif. That leaves 2 of Obama/Bif/STG Referee, myself, you and binus. At that point we kill binus and you, because that's clearly the scum team, and we win.

Mhm yes somehow I just don't agree

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ll add the new information to the spreadsheet and see if I can puzzle out who’s lying in the morning. I do feel reasonably confident we can at least narrow it down to a winning position though.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

b-minus1 posted:

Ok I’ve been thinking about it and while I’m not gonna fullclaim, I will say if you are town you definitely want to visit me. If you are scum, then lol visit at your own risk. No I don’t have a killing ability. Nothing will happen to you by visiting me. But I think we can break this game open by tomorrow

So you aren’t going to full claim but you expect us to believe that nothing bad will happen if we visit you?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

ObamaAkbar. posted:

So you aren’t going to full claim but you expect us to believe that nothing bad will happen if we visit you?

Agreed. This is bad.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

When in doubt, ##vote Sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Really glad we’re stretching this out more. I humbly request you kill binus after DB. Then maybe Amnistar, but I won’t request that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Really glad we’re stretching this out more. I humbly request you kill binus after DB. Then maybe Amnistar, but I won’t request that one.

I have laid out how we win as town. DB is the next in line of youflip town.