Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hambeet posted:

so it's cyberpunk hotline miami 3d?

Yeah and the 3d part is titanfall wallrun/grapple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Getting a little too close to ship date with no confirmation from Amazon that I'm getting a console yet.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

FunOne posted:

Getting a little too close to ship date with no confirmation from Amazon that I'm getting a console yet.

They would know what they are getting in their allotment by now (and probably actually have it) and if you weren't getting one would have notified I would imagine.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Red Warrior posted:

They would know what they are getting in their allotment by now (and probably actually have it) and if you weren't getting one would have notified I would imagine.

"We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." is all I have. Not great for a pre-order during the very first window.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

FunOne posted:

"We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." is all I have. Not great for a pre-order during the very first window.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Most Amazon preorders I've done have changed pretty late in the process. I think it happens when your warehouse gets the item.

Edit: Microsoft has announced which streaming services are available for the Series X and Series S launch next week. It's everything on Xbox One currently with some new apps launching across both current generation and next-gen consoles, including Apple TV.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/02/apple-tv-and-favorite-streaming-apps-available-at-launch/

Zerot fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 2, 2020

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

FunOne posted:

Hey same boat. I'll post ITT if/when I hear something.

I think there are a few of us in this boat.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

FunOne posted:

Yes I’m also getting anxious that it hasn’t changed from Order Received yet, but it’s the same case with my PS5 preorders.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Wtf, how long has the Xbox been able to record clips longer than 5 minutes so long as you set the capture location to an external device? Other than specific games not being available on it that's literally the only thing that's been stopping be having the Bone as my main console. Goddamnit.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't think Amazon ever emailed me but the order page now says "Arriving Tue, Nov 10 by 8pm" and I wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked at the order page.

Annoyed that there's no option to apply a gift card balance to it.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Roman posted:

I don't think Amazon ever emailed me but the order page now says "Arriving Tue, Nov 10 by 8pm" and I wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked at the order page.

My console, charge kits, and extra controller all show Tuesday as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Roman posted:

Mine still has "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date. "

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Roman posted:

Customer service will apply a gift card if you reach out to them.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Akuma posted:

Wtf, how long has the Xbox been able to record clips longer than 5 minutes so long as you set the capture location to an external device? Other than specific games not being available on it that's literally the only thing that's been stopping be having the Bone as my main console. Goddamnit.

I know it's mostly handicapped due to hardware limitations but hopefully the series x caches more of your gameplay to record after the fact. Would also be nice if it didn't lock all the captured footage to 30fps too.

Being able to capture the last minute or two has been useful but being able to go back and pull a few clips from say 60min of footage would be a lot easier than mashing the guide and X over and over if you're on a hot game of COD or something.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

King Burgundy posted:

Mine still has "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date. "

Same.

Also, I was a member of Prime when I ordered and did the free shipping thing—but I've since closed my membership, which means now I'm (probably unnecessarily) worried about the whole thing going tits up.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

Customer service will apply a gift card if you reach out to them.
thanks. they said it will automatically apply when it's charged.4

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Laserface posted:

I know it's mostly handicapped due to hardware limitations but hopefully the series x caches more of your gameplay to record after the fact. Would also be nice if it didn't lock all the captured footage to 30fps too.

Being able to capture the last minute or two has been useful but being able to go back and pull a few clips from say 60min of footage would be a lot easier than mashing the guide and X over and over if you're on a hot game of COD or something.
100% agreed. They've not mentioned that as a feature tho so I wouldn't hold your breath :(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Akuma posted:

100% agreed. They've not mentioned that as a feature tho so I wouldn't hold your breath :(

I get that you are/were a dev which is interesting if the former that you presumably have been working on games for the series X but don't know about system level things like this.

I remember games could trigger their own recordings and stuff in the early days of this gen. Bf4 recording a 30second clip when you leveled up was stupid because usually levelling up itself wasn't during an intense battle or anything, and, they hosed yo the progression system triggers so it would always be a level up notification at the weirdest times.

A racing game saving a capture of you beating your best time is something that'd be actually cool if the system cached enough footage. Or COD when you get play of the game or a multi kill or something too.

There's good ways to do this stuff but it seems like one bad implementation turned everyone else off it.

Nothing will top burnout paradise on 360 sending you a capture of the persons 360 webcam though holy poo poo that was funny.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think 9/10 of my capture clips are BF4 leveling clips that suck and 1/10 a ridiculous bug I had to record.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I clip the last 30 seconds of all my warzone wins cause it feels like something crazy always happens and it’s fun to share with friends who were there. They should have it trigger the clip automatically when you win one.

Also, my preorder from Microsoft just charged my card. It’s happening. 😌

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I remember BF4 auto captured headshot kills on an enemy in vehicle

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Laserface posted:

Nothing will top burnout paradise on 360 sending you a capture of the persons 360 webcam though holy poo poo that was funny.

Ha that’s a fun one, I don’t think I even remember a 360 webcam.

In a similar vein, I liked on NintendoLand on Wii U there was a game where one player uses the GamePad and looks at that screen while other players all use wiimotes and look at the TV. If the single player doesn’t look up at all, they won’t realize the camera on the gamepad has been broadcasting them to the TV the whole time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah god bless the people who actually had cameras on for when they got owned in Burnout

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I still remember thinking it was cool when my characters lips moved when I spoke while playing rainbow six multiplayer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lol The Medium is banned in Australia for retail sale. Apparently this doesn't affect gamepass though?

If Tlou2 was fine, everything should be fine.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Lol The Medium is banned in Australia for retail sale. Apparently this doesn't affect gamepass though?

Drugs and sex are the two most dangerous animals in Australia according to the classification board.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It’s not banned it’s been refused classification, which means it’s either effectively banned (:v:) due to content or someone hosed up submitting the paperwork.

CK3 had a similar thing happen, but it still popped up on game pass on the day

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
This time next week I will be playing master chief collection and GTA 5 on an xbox series x. I am also buying to buy Sekiro which looks like a good game.

Bring on lockdown 2, I am not afraid

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
The government should subside everyones Gamepass Sub.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They did by not taxing ms

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
If you work from home you can claim tax relief from the beginning of lockdown and put that towards sweet gamepass https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home

Free money

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'm looking forward to checking out Grounded. I played the PC version for around 20 minutes when it first went into early access and liked what I saw, but decided to hold off until the console launch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crafty posted:

This time next week I will be playing master chief collection and GTA 5 on an xbox series x.

Games from decades ago, amazing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Games from decades ago, amazing

GTA5 Online is free for a limited time to PS5 purchasers and a huge get for them; it is sadly what the average gamer wants

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of games from decades ago

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1323629958460264451?s=20

Res will drop to 1080p at times, and it's not 60fps locked either, so fair warning on that.

It's believed the Series S version will drop to 720p.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 3, 2020

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Where is the improved Skyrim load times info

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

univbee posted:

It's believed the Series S version will drop to 720p.

How does that compare to performance on the one x?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

How does that compare to performance on the one x?

1584p on the low end for the One X, according to DF.

The Series X version is also still 30fps locked if you're playing the campaign split-screen.

Visual differences are pretty minor for the most part, there's ray-traced reflections and illumination, some higher-definition textures here and there (which may be more a case of them putting the effort into making them for this release as opposed to the One X being actually unable to handle them), and some slightly better shadows.

The multiplayer is 120fps on supported displays, as announced earlier. It wasn't locked for DF but that could be because of extra strain on his system because he was playing with CPU opponents and not actual online players.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Borat voice

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Crafty posted:

This time next week I will be playing master chief collection and GTA 5 on an xbox series x. I am also buying to buy Sekiro which looks like a good game.

Bring on lockdown 2, I am not afraid

I also enjoy 360 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

1584p on the low end for the One X, according to DF.
Eh? I read that earlier and I'm pretty sure the low end was 1080 on both One X and Series X.

Edit: yeah

quote:

To get the basics out of the way first, Gears 5 retains the use of dynamic resolution scaling, but based on pixel counting a selection of shots, it seems to average out at around 1728p during gameplay, with full 2160p manifesting in less busy situations. Interestingly, the lower bounds is still 1080p - just as it was on Xbox One X - but it's extremely uncommon for resolution to hit this level. By comparison, Xbox One X could drop to near 1080p much more often.

We don't yet have a Series S console but we were told that Gears 5 maxes out at 1440p on the high-end suggesting an average resolution somewhere between Xbox One and Xbox One X while still hitting the same frame-rate targets as Series X.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 3, 2020