Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This was when they were supposed to be doing one of their live shows so my assumption is that there's some kind of contractual obligation they can't get out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jose Oquendo posted:

The nearest theater is 90 minutes away for me, so no. I can't fuckin believe they're doing this in theaters via Fathom. There's ZERO reason for it.

My local theater that showed all the Rifftrax events shut down a couple of years ago. On a lark, I checked Fathom and they showed another local theater hosting this event, but the theather itself is only open Thursday-Saturday. Their local website shows the details (including the trailer) but no showtimes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm catching the rifftrax live and wearing two masks. Ah, the 1990s. I don't look forward to revisiting these fashions.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Were there any digital goodies this time?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see anything at the start, but I missed most of the bumpers. I'll see if they have it at the end.

I do not miss the 90s. The safety short was fun, at least.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't look like this one has a goodies website.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Watching Ice Cream Man and it’s truly a wretched little film. They apparently couldn’t find any actual heavyset kids for the coveted role of Tuna.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dawgstar posted:

Watching Ice Cream Man and it’s truly a wretched little film. They apparently couldn’t find any actual heavyset kids for the coveted role of Tuna.

I watched that one the other day, and I'd thought that it'd probably be some fun stupidity, but even with the riff it's borderline unwatchable to me. Just terrible.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I liked Amanda and the Alien better when it was The Hidden.

I hope Michael Dorn's payday was a good one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Glover's hair in the new Bridget and Mary Jo riff is completely out there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Are the Rifftrax selections on Tubi and Amazon Prime the same? I would guess so but I realized today at work I've never checked. I always end up looking on Tubi because that's where I go when I'm in the mood for bad movies. (I'm also surprised how quickly Lycan Colony went up there.)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Dawgstar posted:

it's so very basic in every way it would be an ok to good goosebumps episode with editing.
actually it would have less clint howard so a bad to ok episode.
the rifftrax is good, they lean into making fun of ron howard

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Jack-O is up!

I thought that was included for Kickstarter backers....

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
They didn't release the short they did, so maybe they're holding it for next year. It was the same one Trace and Frank just released for free anyway, so they won't be competing with each other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wej4TubDupw

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I dunno if we like MST3K stuff itt but this was a fun watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3JzMk4ThJg

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So there's a holiday coupon code for the weekend and the email I got says it doesn't work on Jack-O, which makes sense as they usually exclude new releases when they do coupon codes. However the website notification for the code only says it excludes gift cards and when I purchased Jack-O (along with a short) I tried the coupon and it worked.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I dunno if we like MST3K stuff itt but this was a fun watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3JzMk4ThJg

Dunno why not, also the two shorts were really good but super weird to hear half crow

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

So there's a holiday coupon code for the weekend and the email I got says it doesn't work on Jack-O, which makes sense as they usually exclude new releases when they do coupon codes. However the website notification for the code only says it excludes gift cards and when I purchased Jack-O (along with a short) I tried the coupon and it worked.

You just took food out of Mike, Bill, and Kevin's mouths. I hope it was worth it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

IUG posted:

You just took food out of Mike, Bill, and Kevin's mouths. I hope it was worth it.

Eh. If RiffTrax is only going to release movies with ten or more minutes missing, I feel justified in only buying their things with coupons.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
These election-related shorts are what I needed these last few days.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

These election-related shorts are what I needed these last few days.

The amount of cuts in the John Wayne segments were insane. He had to have been completely sauced

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

Are the Rifftrax selections on Tubi and Amazon Prime the same? I would guess so but I realized today at work I've never checked. I always end up looking on Tubi because that's where I go when I'm in the mood for bad movies. (I'm also surprised how quickly Lycan Colony went up there.)

There's an overlap, but I'd say Tubi always has a better selection

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Davros1 posted:

The guy from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank has a streaming service now?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Billy Gnosis posted:

The guy from Overdrawn at the Memory Bank has a streaming service now?

Doesn't everyone?

Mine is 49.99 a month, I pick AND watch the movies, then I'll text you and tell you how the movie was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the Voting at 18 short and busted a gut at Kevin's response to how they will handle the "race issue." POORLY!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Eh. If RiffTrax is only going to release movies with ten or more minutes missing, I feel justified in only buying their things with coupons.

Do you really need those tits in your RiffTrax THAT bad?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

Do you really need those tits in your RiffTrax THAT bad?

When you cut twenty minutes from a 100 minute movie you aren't cutting just tits.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

When you cut twenty minutes from a 100 minute movie you aren't cutting just tits.

You're really underestimating the amount of filler titties.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I can almost promise you what you're missing are things like the racist cabbie in Time Chasers cut from the MST3K version.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its really amazing that THAT was what they thought was usable footage of John Wayne. Even with all the editing he's rambling and not making a lick of sense sometimes.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
There are a few small parts missing from R.O.T.O.R., but nothing substantive to the plot nor anything that was begging to be riffed.

Coldyron.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Every line of dialog out of Coldyrons mouth is simultaneously incomprehensible and just right

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ROTOR feels like a weird situation where there were two separate people in charge of the movie, one who thought it should be a comedy and one who wanted to make a serious action/horror film. Neither side won so you end up with a movie that has comedic elements filmed seriously.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That is pretty much what happened, the script writer declared that he was intentionally writing a spoof and the director/editor/producer completely ignored his notes and tried for a serious mood.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Rifftrax has a new streaming service for $6 a month (or $64/yr):

https://www.rifftrax.com/friends

150 VODs and 200 shorts available on it: https://www.rifftrax.com/catalog/friends/1

Roku app plus chromecast/airplay streaming to TV

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Does this mean the Twitch channel is going away? I only saw a few on the streaming list that weren't on Twitch (or got pulled for being too weird or offensive like Yambao or the Amazing Two-Headed Transplant).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably not, Friends of Rifftrax has actually been around for quite a while in a kind of beta state where you could sign up for it but they didn't surface it anywhere actually on the site.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

queserasera posted:

Does this mean the Twitch channel is going away? I only saw a few on the streaming list that weren't on Twitch (or got pulled for being too weird or offensive like Yambao or the Amazing Two-Headed Transplant).

I was just thinking I hadn't seen the latter on Twitch in a while. You remember Casey Kasem looking around for a door inside to a house for what seems like hours.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Sweet. This is what I expected but I really didn't want to go movie by movie and check. Tubi will prompt Rifftrax stuff for me while Amazon never does so it's always my default for old riffs I never bought, but if they were exactly the same I'd just start checking Amazon more to avoid ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I watched the Victory Squad short and while not as funny as the other electoral short is was extremely informative on how ol Ronnie won governor of california